Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Fentanyl
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 19-11-2009, 15:57

35 y/o Male from United States
fro069 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Duragesic Fentanyl patches now produced without gel!

For SWIY out there get ready for the shocker when you pick up this month's name brand Duragesic patches they no longer have the gel they are a complete vinal patch. I confurmed this by going to there site they no loger produce the transdermal system with the gel due to the mass lawsuites they receved for deaths due to leaky patches. For SWIM this is devastating because SWIM enjoyed smoking them every once n a while if anyone knows any paches that still do for sure have gel in the 100mcg/h post up yhe brand. SWIM had this happen before when swim receved mylan brand but swim told DR X that swim was allergic to the adhesive. well thought that should be shared with my comarads. let the anger begin!

fro069 added 4 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

one more time THIS FKN SUKS

Last edited by fro069; 19-11-2009 at 15:57. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 19-11-2009, 19:48
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 15,418, Level: 18 Points: 15,418, Level: 18 Points: 15,418, Level: 18
Activity: 7.5% Activity: 7.5% Activity: 7.5%
Re: Duragesic Fentanyl patches now produced without gel!

If the drug company have changed the structure of the patches because people were dying from leaks of fent in the old ones, that's good...isn't it? After all, these patches are prescribed for legitimate pain relief, and if used as prescribed they'll still provide pain relief.

I don't think being outraged because the change will make it more difficult for SWIY get high, is appropriate, when you consider this change will also be saving lives. Think about it...SWIY needing to get high, or others needing to live?
No contest really...is there?

Sparkles.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Excellent point! Some people are so selfish it's nice to hear you intervene with the voice of reason
Very reasonable point ;)
Old 20-11-2009, 02:52
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
ninjaned is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 225, Level: 2 Points: 225, Level: 2 Points: 225, Level: 2

Quote:
I don't think being outraged because the change will make it more difficult for SWIY get high, is appropriate, when you consider this change will also be saving lives. Think about it...SWIY needing to get high, or others needing to live?
No contest really...is there?
I think swisparkles raises a very good point; sure it sucks to not be able to get high as easily, but that is vastly outweighed if it even saves one person's life that they've changed the formula. That said, swim is sure that there is some way to abuse the new patches, when people wanna get high, their gonna find a way to get high. So in the mean time, just either wait until someone finds a way, or try to find a way to abuse it yourself, then share it.
Old 20-11-2009, 03:14

35 y/o Male from United States
fro069 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1

my ferritt agrees with you on that I was just leting the people know that the geting blasted days off fent is about over. my ferritt gets em for back injery. but i just wonder if they changed the patches because of that reason or the abuse reason. quality controll should be a way higher standered for RX companys that shit shouldent have happened in the first place.
Old 20-11-2009, 04:42
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

33 y/o Male
jpm09344 is an unknown quantity at this point

Swim is on fentanyl 175 mcg every 48 hours, (swim is an abberant metabolizer so his script is for every 48 hours rather then 72), to answer your question, many pharmacies are dispensing the Sandoz brand of fentanyl patches which contain the gel, but swim having been on fentanyl for a long time has found that the ones without the gel are much better in many ways, for one they can be cut into pieces and you know exactly how much your getting, you cant do that with gel, besides putting the whole thing in ones mouth, the sticky side down on the tongue and leaving it there will be much better then smoking it, swiy should be careful not to overdose though because by smoking it, swiy is losing alot of the fentanyl, having it right on your tongue, the medicine rapidly absorbing and losing none of it will leave you happy that the gel patches are less common, swim has been on fentanyl a long time and says the gel patches suck compared to the matrix ones right on the tongue, of course thats not something I would ever do, haha
Old 09-03-2010, 14:58
Silver Member

30 y/o Female from United Kingdom
zoelikesjam is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 57, Level: 1 Points: 57, Level: 1 Points: 57, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Hi, SWIM was reading about this a few days ago and found that it isnt just in the USA that they have changed from the gel because of 'the number of lawsuits due to people dying'
The same/or similar company in the united kingdom have also switched from using gel/are planning on switching due to recreational use....so swim thinks this also might have a very big part in changing from gel in the USA. If SWIY just do a quick search on fentanyl and SWIM is sure SWIY will come across a very large ammount of information on the switch over.
Hope that helps some. I am new here so dont shout at me if it doesnt, i'm just passing on information from SWIM!!!
Old 09-03-2010, 15:23
Palladium Member

28 y/o Male from Canada
I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.
Points: 1,362, Level: 5 Points: 1,362, Level: 5 Points: 1,362, Level: 5
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Well, its a decent first post, and congrats on SWIMMING, but you resurrected a very old thread. SWIM got patches from the UK 6 months ago that were vinal and not gel........Alot of the times with medicine, stuff will change long before it ever makes it to the internet. Palladone was banned for almost 2 months before suppporting information could be found online. A third example would be the 160mg Oxycontin's. Just now its starting to get on the net that they are no longer made, and they quit them years ago.

But keep posting information, because one day SWIY will for sure post something important that nobody else knows, and will help someone, and maybe even save a life.

Welcome to drugs-forum!!
Old 09-03-2010, 19:38
Silver Member

30 y/o Female from United Kingdom
zoelikesjam is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 57, Level: 1 Points: 57, Level: 1 Points: 57, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

suitable put swim in her place then! I shall tell swim to keep her eyes peeled

Share this on:

Tags
drug abuse, duragesic, duragesic fentanyl, durogesic, fentanyl, fentanyl patch, fentanyl patches, oxyneo, recreational use