Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Heroin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 19-11-2009, 06:27
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

28 y/o Male
neverthought should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
The PROPER Way to Cook Black Tar (if you can't see through your shot, READ THIS!)

As SWIM reads through various posts on heroin, SWIM has run across quite a few people describing how they cook their black tar. Unfortunately, every single one of those people is making the same mistake SWIM made when SWIM first started shooting.

Most people drop their stuff into the cooker and dissolve it into the solution by heating it. This makes it impossible to cook out the cut. If SWIY've ever left a loaded syringe sitting a while, SWIY probably noticed a dark line of crap has settled at the bottom. This is the stuff SWIY're not getting out, that SWIY definitely should... especially considering how easy it is.

Instead, SWIM puts his water and black goodness together in the cooker. SWIM then swirls it around vigorously and/or stirs the mix with a plunger until the h is completely dissolved. THEN, slowly add heat. SWIY should start to notice a brown substance rising to the top. At that point, SWIM lets it go for a few more seconds, and the substance turns black and settles at the bottom, and the remaining solution is a nice, translucent light-dark amber color. SWIY knows the rest...

By using this method SWIY are definitely giving SWIYr veins a break! Injecting these easily removable particles leads to a build-up of them, and "hardened" veins SWIM believes. SWIM remembers shooting needles full of dark brown sludge or even just light brown mud-water. Thinking back on it now makes SWIM cringe. Now, no matter how strong the mix is, SWIM always gets a nice clear solution to shoot.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thanks for harm reduction info!
Old 21-11-2009, 18:54
Silver Member

Male from United States
Chromo is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: The PROPER Way to Cook Black Tar (if you can't see through your shot, READ THIS!)

Quote:
If SWIY've ever left a loaded syringe sitting a while, SWIY probably noticed a dark line of crap has settled at the bottom.
When the proper time is not taken and the tar is just dropped in the water and flame is applied on MAX to the spoon, you will see the "dark line of crap" appear in a syringe that has been sitting for a while. This post was surprising to my lizard in that he has never heard anyone else advocate this technique but he finds he has been doing mostly what SWIY did. My lizard uses hot water from the tap and waits for the tar to dissolve by moving the spoon back and forth usually (this requires a level of patience), but has seen people use plungers to stir the tar around. What they don't do is apply the flame slowly ever, which in my lizard's opinion is the best way to get that nice amber colored clean heroin shot.
Old 21-11-2009, 21:47
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
Helene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline Medline
Points: 4,194, Level: 9 Points: 4,194, Level: 9 Points: 4,194, Level: 9
Activity: 5.4% Activity: 5.4% Activity: 5.4%
Re: The PROPER Way to Cook Black Tar (if you can't see through your shot, READ THIS!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromo View Post
My lizard uses hot water from the tap
Argh - really? You've got to already know how bad an idea this is. It's not advisable to even drink water out of the hot tap, let alone inject it.

The insides of a hot water system contain metals that can, and do corrode. The pipes in your home may have lead soldering, especially if you live in an older house. Hot water will dissolve metals, especially lead, much quicker than cold water will. Lead poisoning isn't pretty. Once lead gets into your body, it never leaves.

The amount of bacteria present in a domestic hot water system really is enough to cause real concerns. All of the impurities in the water will collect and precipitate in the bottom of the hot water heater. This is a prime breeding ground for bacteria, and the water just sits there in the tank until you turn the tap on.

Seriously, just make a point of going up to your loft (attic) and have a look at the hot water header tank. You will be shocked when you see how much gunk there is in there, built up over the years. Occasionally you might even get a dead mouse in there! Also, bear in mind that this is only what you can see - add to it all the stuff inside the heater itself, and all the piping... am I making a strong enough case yet?!

Oh yeh, and Legionnaires disease has been linked to domestic hot water systems.

So please, don't use water out of the hot tap to cook up your gear. Ever!

There's a great resource on the Exchange Supplies website, an interactive poster that details all the different risks associated with different sources of water. It can be found by clicking this link here - http://www.exchangesupplies.org/drug...ks_poster.html
Their list reads as follows (from lowest risk to highest risk):

Unopened ampoule of sterile water for injection
Viral Infection: No risk (unless shared)
Bacterial Infection: No risk

Water boiled in a kettle then cooled
Bacterial Infection: Very low risk

Cold water freshly run from the kitchen tap
Bacterial Infection: Low risk

Bottled water
Bacterial Infection: Medium to high risk

Hot water from a tap
Bacterial Infection: Medium to high risk

Toilet water
Bacterial Infection: High risk

Puddle water

Part-used ampoule of water for injection
Viral Infection: High risk

Shared cup of water
Viral Infection: High risk
Bacterial infection: High risk

Do check out the link, it contains loads of great harm reduction advice. It also gives a whole wealth of information about each different water source (such as the fact that tap water is almost always better to use for injecting than bottled water), and explains the risks of using each one. Plus tips are given on how to make water safer for injecting.

H

great info, swim learned something new! thanks!
Excellently researched and important info
fantastic information on the 'water hierarchy' for injection! :)
Excellent info and great link! Thanks!

Last edited by Helene; 22-11-2009 at 23:22. Reason: added more info on water risks
Old 22-11-2009, 22:12
Silver Member

Male from United States

Mmmk, as far as SWIM can tell there was a slight diversion from the topic of discussion, my lizard and most others use tap water and whether it's bad for one or not is neither here nor there. What is interesting, is the best way to cook a heroin shot.

Chromo added 1226 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

As per the negative comment, I shouldn't have said the use of tap water is neither here nor there. It is important harm reduction knowledge and I didn't mean to shut that down, in fact I'd like to know if anyone else has info about the use of tap water, my lizard didn't realize it could be harmful.

Erm..this is a harm reduction site - whether something is bad for one or not is the EXACT relevant subject matter!

Last edited by Chromo; 22-11-2009 at 22:12. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 22-11-2009, 22:48
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Water out of the HOT tap isn't very safe. Out of the cold tap is safer.

Boiled, then cooled, water from the cold tap is safer than that. One could boil up some water, when cooled transfer it to a clean glass jar (Mason jar would be fine), then pour out some into a (clean) cup to use as needed. Then one would only have to boil up the water once or twice a week. In the interest of harm reduction.

Always use the safest water one can. Remember, water moving through the gutter is safer than water that's sitting in a puddle!

Oh, and Helene, in the States (at least in New England), the hot water heater's usually in the basement/cellar.

~Kailey
Old 01-12-2009, 10:26
Silver Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Remember, water moving through the gutter is safer than water that's sitting in a puddle!
Hehe, good to know, good to know =P I appreciate the tip about boiling the water then keeping it in a jar, one could also take it along in a sterile Visine bottle. I suppose you could just buy a bottle of saline solution if you needed it to take along, but you could save if you already had a Visine bottle around. Anyone see anything harmful about sucking up boiled, cooled water into a Visine bottle for transport? My lizard has seen people do this, come to think of it, but is it safe or would the water grow bacteria in it after a while? (back to the "water moving through the gutter is is safer than water that's sitting in a puddle" thing)
Old 01-12-2009, 13:45
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

I'd replace it frequently.

To be honest, I work at an exchange & we hand out little bottles of water. TECHNICALLY, they are supposed to be single use, but I don't know anyone who only uses it once, though most clients have their own personal bottle that only they reuse. Many use it until it's about half empty, then dump the rest, rinse it, then refill with cold tap water.

Is this "safe"? No, especially if they're using the same bottle to rinse their needle (tho the risk is lowered if they pour water into the cap and rinse with that, then dump the cap water). Is it "safer"? You betcha.

Be as safe as possible in any possible situation, which is what this post was originally about. *grin*

Also, one could add cold tap water (sucked up into the syringe for measurement purposes) to the cooker, heat it up some, then add the black tar to avoid the hot water tap but have warm/hot water to let the tar melt in.

~Kailey
Old 01-12-2009, 14:37
Silver Member

Male from USA - Georgia
sikk66 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 143, Level: 1 Points: 143, Level: 1 Points: 143, Level: 1

Good post SWIneverthought! Swim used to use only black tar and used this exact method to cook his tar. Swim also filtered it twice to make sure all of the particles were removed.

Swim also carried a small vial of distilled water around with him for injection. He changed the water in it daily. I think now I have read on here that distilled water is not good. Swim never had any issues with using it. Since SWIkailey works at a needle exchange I assume she would know more about what type of water is best. Is tap water really better than distilled water?
Old 01-12-2009, 14:49
Palladium Member

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Synchronium must live here.Synchronium must live here.Synchronium must live here.Synchronium must live here.Synchronium must live here.Synchronium must live here.Synchronium must live here.Synchronium must live here.
Points: 1,131, Level: 5 Points: 1,131, Level: 5 Points: 1,131, Level: 5

RE: Hot tap water

Yes, there's a risk of stuff like legionnaires, but only if you have an old fashioned hot water tank. Any new system will have a combi-boiler, which takes only cold water from the mains, and heats the water "on demand" as it passes through the boiler. In this case, water isn't left to stand and such a bacterial risk is greatly diminished.

If you can just run hot water at any time, then you have a combi-boiler. If you have to "put the hot water on" an hour or so before running a bath, for example, then you have an old fashioned tank, and using hot water straight from the tap will be significantly more dangerous.
Old 02-12-2009, 00:00
Banned

28 y/o Male
chillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 27,071, Level: 23 Points: 27,071, Level: 23 Points: 27,071, Level: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverthought View Post
Can someone with more posts than me give negative rep points to all the people babbling about what kind of water is best? This has absolutely nothing to do with the thread, which is about the method of cooking. If you want to discuss what type of water is safest to use, then make a separate thread about that instead of hijacking mine.
No they cannot. Unless that person feels that way, asking other people to give rep for you is a violation of the reputation system which could lead to an infraction for asking for people to do this for you. If a person really feels this same way, leaving negative rep is fine but to ask other people to do it for you since they can have an impact on reputation is wrong.

Also, I would argue that the type of water used is important and an essential part of the process of cooking heroin. It might not describe exactly the process of cooking black tar heroin, but it still is relevent. IMO, this thread has not gone off topic, except for the last post and my post to explain this issue.

damn right Will, well said and well done. But why does he still not understand, after you explained so succinctly?!!

Last edited by chillinwill; 02-12-2009 at 00:04. Reason: z
Old 19-12-2009, 00:34
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from United States
deltakilo is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 210, Level: 2 Points: 210, Level: 2 Points: 210, Level: 2

SWIM would like to thank the OP for this tip, SWIM just tried it out and was disgusted to see how much ©r@p was left at the bottom of the spoon. F! SWIM wishes he'd known this a few months ago.
Old 05-10-2012, 13:22

39 y/o Female from United States
kisher is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Thank you for picking up on the hot water, I saw that as well. I used to know someone who worked in plumping and heating and he wouldn't even use hot tap water for instant coffee!

kisher added 12 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromo View Post
Anyone see anything harmful about sucking up boiled, cooled water into a Visine bottle for transport? My lizard has seen people do this, come to think of it, but is it safe or would the water grow bacteria in it after a while? (back to the "water moving through the gutter is is safer than water that's sitting in a puddle" thing)
It isn't advisable to draw up from the bottle (or jars of water), in the case of a Visine bottle it would be better to take advantage of the bottle design and squeeze drops from it, not touching the tip to anything. As for keeping it, or jars of water for use in stock, if anything touches the lips, inside surfaces, or contents of the container it's no longer eligible to be saved for later use. It has just been exposed to bacteria which could now start breeding, especially if it's closed up for a few days.
Rather than boiling water and pouring it into a jar later, why not boil the water IN the jar IN the pan? Or even in the microwave? In the pan it would work to put the lid and ring in as well, put the jar in opening up and fill the pan past the top of the jar so it is totally submerged and filled as well. Boiling tongs with it would be good, just have the handles sticking out, once everything is cool then use the tongs to pick up the jar and lid and, once the jar is out of the pan, touching the outside only, pour off the first couple of inches so it isn't brimming and ready to spill, but also so it isn't splashing all over the underside of the lid all the time and possibly picking up bacteria. And don't put the lid on the counter top with the inside down...

Last edited by kisher; 05-10-2012 at 13:22. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-10-2012, 18:02

23 y/o Male from USA - California
Tar S. Crystal is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Thank you much, this is a great post, SWIM has seen people use the cook to dissolve method, and personally uses the stir method w/o cooking, but he would be led to beleive that once excess junk is filtered out that there would be room for more good stuff which could save him doctor runs trying to get 3 ml rigs when his habbit gets bad, beleive him if he could get more into a 1 cc rig this would be much easier as he has literally hundreds of fresh ones lying around thanks to exchanges.

Tar S. Crystal added 1 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

SWIM was always scarred of burning off H if he cooked, but the tradeoff for more bang per shot could definatly make this worth it. Out of curiosity, any idea how much more could be fit in? SWIM finds that by stirring alone, with a great deal of effort he can fit about a quarter gram into a 1 ml rig, how much can one fit with this method?

Last edited by Tar S. Crystal; 05-10-2012 at 18:02. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-10-2012, 18:38
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
fleadom is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar S. Crystal View Post
SWIM finds that by stirring alone, with a great deal of effort he can fit about a quarter gram into a 1 ml rig, how much can one fit with this method?
Not sure how big a 1ml syringe is, I use the 1cc size syringes. I believe it's the same size, it has 100 units which adds up to 1cc. Anyway, using the cook to dissolve method, a parrot on the beach could fit a half gram or more. quarter gram, no problem. so I'm not sure if the method you are using is affecting how much you can fit? also not sure about the rig size. btw, the ones SWIM is talking about are the standard size the needle exchanges give out in california
Old 05-10-2012, 19:51

23 y/o Male from USA - California
Tar S. Crystal is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Those would be the one's I speak of yes, 1 milileter is equivelent to 1 cubic centimeter (the metric system is really amazingly simple). Thanks for the info, whenever I get off fucking naltrexone (I'm in rehab) I will be using this method, thank you much.

Share this on:

Tags
black tar, black tar heroin, cooking heroin, cooking up, drug, drugs, heroin, heroin cooking, heroin preparation, how to cook, inject black tar, injecting, preparing heroin, shoot up, shooting black tar, tar heroin, visine

» New Threads
Are there any other mothers out...
Last post by Trying Again
6 Replies, 553 Views
Good, intelligent, kind chemistry?
Last post by Diverboone
4 Replies, 240 Views
Question about Hydromorphone.
Last post by Yung jizzle
12 Replies, 2,677 Views
Opiate and benzos withdrawal...
Last post by Dawn Godess