Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Cannabis > Cannabis paraphernalia
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cannabis paraphernalia About bongs, pipes, grinders, papers and other paraphernalia.

Old 14-11-2009, 04:12
Silver Member

Male from United States
St0ned is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 118, Level: 1 Points: 118, Level: 1 Points: 118, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Wine as bong water?

A sugar glider once told me that you could put wine in, instead of bong water, and the hit would take a reddish sort of color. SWIM has some wine, so SWIM will try it next time he gets some. Has anyone had any experience with using stuff other than water in a bong? SWIM would like to know about the experiences. the taste, smell, anything that would persuade another to try it. Thank you! SWIM will report back about the wine soon.

Post Quality Evaluations:
interesting thread topic - be sure to report swiy's experience and results / possibly a "HOW-TO" - thx
Interesting discussion topic.
Old 14-11-2009, 04:58
Silver Member

29 y/o Female from Canada
Sparrowbeans is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Wine as bong water?

Seeing as THC can be alcohol soluble, SWIM would imagine SWIY risks making waste of some of his product if he bothers using alcoholized wine.

Though SWIM knows very little about how easily this would happen with the bubbles of smoke/air traveling through the liquid, if that amount of contact with wine would really do much at all or not...

But just in case....would suggest using de-alcoholized wine for such an experiment haha

potentially stopped a dissapointing bong rip

Last edited by Sparrowbeans; 14-11-2009 at 04:59. Reason: dumb mistake
Old 14-11-2009, 07:22
Silver Member

Male from United States

Thank you man, Yes. SWIM knows about the THC - alcohol solubility. Would be a good idea, but SWIM doesn't know when he can get such a thing. maybe SWIM will just do a few hits with the wine.
Old 14-11-2009, 07:29
Silver Member

De-alcoholized or low alcohol content wine is usually easily found in any grocery store
Old 14-11-2009, 07:41
Silver Member

I would imagine as long as it is red wine (assuming that is what SWIY was talking about before for the coloured hit lol) that is de-alcoholized, it should have all the same stuff in it that gives the colour...

Does he wonder at all if that might be bad on the lungs tho? Like having whatever coming out of the wine goin into his lungs along with the marijuana smoke?

Just wondering, SWIM doesn't really know if it's a big deal or not....but might be a thing to look into
Old 14-11-2009, 07:48
Silver Member

Male from United States

Not a clue. SWIM just talked to someone else about it, and they said it wouldn't work.. only would be wine flavored marijuana. Which isn't exactly bad, either!
Old 23-11-2009, 04:12
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
PROZACphil is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 149, Level: 1 Points: 149, Level: 1 Points: 149, Level: 1

My lionfish has never part taken in this experiment with wine, but often has done this with vodka, (he drinks like a fish). With a freshly cleaned/new bong, he often enjoys to use this method. His friends all made a bong with the "BONG VODKA" brand, and kept the bowl of the vodka filled. They than smoked, filtered out the vodka, and drank it, super high! Enjoy!

PROZACphil added 0 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Oh and to add, now because of your suggestion, my lionfish is going to try this with wine, and than after smoke a wine Black and Mild

Keep it classy.

Last edited by PROZACphil; 23-11-2009 at 04:12. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 25-11-2009, 22:06

Male
PROZACphil is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 149, Level: 1 Points: 149, Level: 1 Points: 149, Level: 1

My lionfish is back to report for St0ned, what an experience...

Quote:
Well St0ned, do I have a story for you.

Last night, I got home from classes about 5:30 and went out with some friends to see whats going on. Thanksgiving is tommorow and I wanted to pick up a bottle for some friends for my cousins and myself. We got to the liquor store and spent a fairly cheap amount on a very rich Merlot called Blackstone. On our way back to my house, I remember the thread that St0ned posted, and I felt commited to live up to the commitment of try this experiment. I told my passanger/friend in the car (we'll call him JD), and he was down with the idea right away. So our adventure began.

First we had to stop at the OK gas-station to pick up Wine Black and Milds. I personally love the taste of a thick black and mild after a good smoke session or while drinking, I espically love the taste and aroma of the wine flavored, so this was a must have for our experiment. We than called up our dealer and drove over to his house to pick up some bud. When we arrived there, we bought some OG Kush off him. I've smoked the OG Kush before, it has a very thick aroma with a pretty decent taste. The bud itself is covered in crystals and hairs, not a millimeter that doesn't have either an extremly long hair or a fat crystal. Whenever I've had the OG Kush, its very phycedellic and very trippy, whenever I want some kind of insane body high with some visuals and auditory distortions, this bud is the way to go. Its indica blend is extremly rich but doesnt make you want to fall asleep immeditaly. After picking up, it was time to head home and start our experiment.

We got back to my house, it was about 7:15. I whipped out my bong, and took out the cork in the wine. I have a pretty good sized ice-bong, with a pretty decent sized bowl, perfect because it would fit just about a full glass of wine. I put the ice in the prongs, filled the bowl up, and prepared a strainer and two glasses on the side. At first, JD was skeptical about drinking bong-wine but I talked him into it.

I packed the bowl, and took a huge first hit. The smoke was very thick looking, but felt very light. The taste was incredible, a very nice weed taste with a bit of a grape flavor. The color of the smoke had taken a some what purple color, not very heavy at all though. It was a combination of a thick white with a touch of purple in it. (If you wanted to see an example of the color, look up a color editor and the RGB balance was RED: 240, GREEN: 225, BLUE: 255) It was awesome. JD than took his first hit and all he could say was "wow!" He was just as suprised as I was with the flavor. Now that I could smell the aroma, it was a very delightful scent, a mixture between a light-wine scent and very good bud.

We finished two more bowl packs and were pretty high. We strained the wine into the two glasses, and lit a Black and Mild each. While smoking the B&M and drinking the wine, we continued to feel more, and more, and more high. It was incredibly perfect. We had a wonderful night, packed another bowl of the kush later, and had another glass and B&M. Very classy and delectiable night. Out of no where I said "Disregaurd Females, Aquire Currency", I dont remember ever hearing the phrase before and it fit together very perfectly (although today my freind posted a picture of a english man saying the same phrase on my wall). Overall it was quite the night.

In general, I rate it a five star experience, I highly suggest it to anyone who would like to try it. Although it was amazing, I still have some skeptiblity's of it. I want to know if it would've worked different if I used another red-wine rather than a merlot. I also wanna know what would've happened if I used a Sativa strain rather than a Indica. Overall thank you St0ned for the idea, although I've done this with Vodka. Check it out!

Helped prove this myth to be real!
Old 25-11-2009, 22:51
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from United Kingdom
WTF O_o is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 429, Level: 3 Points: 429, Level: 3 Points: 429, Level: 3

SWIM would just like to add that that it takes around 3 weeks for THC to be fully absorbed into alcohol from >150 proof clear spirits at room temperature

Few seconds bubbling through wine would have such a small effect it's not worth worrying about

SWIM wants to try this very much. Very good idea

This is THC vapor coming out of gas, not solid diffusing out of plant material.
Old 29-11-2009, 23:46

26 y/o Male from Earth
Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,499, Level: 5 Points: 1,499, Level: 5 Points: 1,499, Level: 5

Billy Smarts leans over and whispers in my ear, "Glenfiddich, my man, Glenfiddich." I gather he's going to get a little 50cl bottle of Glenfiddich Whisky and add it to his new small bong, 'Bong Sham'. I can tell that Billy intends to smoke some cannabis through 'Bong Sham' and at the end of the week he will pour the Whisky onto a pyrex dish and evaporate with the aid of a fan. It's clear that Billy expects to harvest some cannabis oil, though I am doubtful if he will get a substantial amount. He'll will report back.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:15

32 y/o Male
jellycrab is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1

Swim and Swim's friends experimented with all sorts of varies beverages as a substitute for bong water. swims favorite has to be Jones soda, especially green apple and fufu berry. especially when the soda is cold. You can really taste the flavor but it dosent change the color of the smoke. I have also tried using vodka as bong water.
Old 07-12-2009, 21:50
Banned

23 y/o Male
TheKiller08 should review received reputation comments.

SWIM put spiced rum in his bong before, and took many rips from it. He then gulped down that rum after the session was done. He was completely fucked up and felt the alcohol soaked up the THC from the smoke, and he felt a little drunk and def. higher.

TheKiller08 added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

SWIM also forgot to note he didn't feel higher until about 15 mins after swigging it down.

Last edited by TheKiller08; 07-12-2009 at 21:50. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 19-12-2009, 03:18
Titanium Member

44 y/o Male from United Kingdom
anonuser30500 probably knows what they are talking about.anonuser30500 probably knows what they are talking about.anonuser30500 probably knows what they are talking about.anonuser30500 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 490, Level: 3 Points: 490, Level: 3 Points: 490, Level: 3

It is a waste of good wine using it in a bong.

To get enough THC dissolved in the wine to get you high would mean maybe handing the bong to 500 people to all take a hit. Even then it would taste absolutely foul and likely make you sick just swallowing it. After all you will not just be getting THC mixed into the wine - there will be all manner of nasties also, as in nasty to taste rather than poisonous.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:28

24 y/o Male
bayjing7389 should review received reputation comments.

Someone I know asked me to relay this message,
Quote:
After I read your post, I decided to try it with some leftover wine I had bought to share with the girlfriend when she came up to visit me from her school.

I have a small sheldon black, I'd say around 2 feet, with an ice catcher as well. I put in ice, and then poured White Oak 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon down the downstem. It was a 35 dollar bottle of wine, a very decent wine really.

I then packed a bowl of Purple Erkle, also extremely chronic (I live in norcal, aka BOMB ASS WEED) Completely purple to the center of the nug. Extremely dense, glistening in crystals LITERALLY).

Anyway, onto the smoking experience. The wine didn't really change the color of my smoke too much, or it was just too little for me to notice, but the affect on the taste...AMAZING! it made the hit very sweet and smooth, almost milkier I want to say..

To fully taste the wine, I used beeline to light my herbs instead. If you do not know what beeline is, it's just hemp dipped in beeswax. You can buy small spools of it, and you light the end of the thick thread on fire like a candle wick. You then light your bowl with the wick and it eliminates all the butane and bullshit coming out of the lighter.

Anyway, if you ever considered it, DO IT! if you've never thought about it, TRY IT!

Oh yes, one concern, how safe is it for your lungs...I feel like the sugars or some other substances could stick to the smoke and go into your lungs with it...That includes using other substances other than wine as well...

Self Incrimination: Read rules at: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47999

Last edited by Shampoo; 25-08-2010 at 00:33.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:41
Gold Member

37 y/o Male from United Kingdom
corvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medline
Points: 2,551, Level: 7 Points: 2,551, Level: 7 Points: 2,551, Level: 7
Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayjing7389 View Post
Oh yes, one concern, how safe is it for your lungs...I feel like the sugars or some other substances could stick to the smoke and go into your lungs with it...That includes using other substances other than wine as well...
Since wine is mostly water in any case the inflammatory effect of alcohol on the squamous epithelia of the lungs would be mitigated. Everything else is, likewise, water soluble meaning that if anything else does enter the lungs it would simply be absorbed into the bloodstream.

Rule of thumb is: If it isn't a suspension (like coffee) and it is just a solution in either water or alcohol it would simply get absorbed into the bloodstream like Oxygen.

Solid particulate matter like the smoke, itself, would have a greater effect on lung function and SWIY is more than happy to breathe that in. The wine itself isn't an issue.

SWIM believes that people have tried stuff like neat whiskey as bong fluids with no ill effects and these are more concentrated alcohol solutions although SWIM would say that it is a waste of good whiskey.
Old 12-08-2010, 00:14
Silver Member

29 y/o Female from United States
subversive is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 65, Level: 1 Points: 65, Level: 1 Points: 65, Level: 1

SWIM and her friends used to use flavored liquors such as raspberry vodka as bong "water". SWIM never knew that THC could be lost that way. SWIM got stoned just fine and the hits would taste like whatever flavoring was used.

subversive added 1 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

By the way, SWIM NEVER drank the leftover "water". Ew. It was simply used to flavor the smoke a little.

Last edited by subversive; 12-08-2010 at 00:14. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 15-09-2010, 16:27
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from Canada
graffiti_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1

Swim's friends have tried this, and they say that if you use any sorta booze as bong water, it will absorb most of the THC after and you can get higher. Hard to beleive? Also sounds nasty..

graffiti_ added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Get higher by drinking the bong water booze after **

Last edited by graffiti_; 15-09-2010 at 16:27. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 15-09-2010, 16:43
Silver Member

Male from Norway
Synaps is a decent psychonaut.Synaps is a decent psychonaut.

Apply red color to water. Problem solved.
Old 17-11-2010, 02:03

23 y/o Male from United States
GunBear is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1

If someone were to give this a shot, they could try it with a dark red grape juice rather than wine, that would essentially remove the problem of alcohol absorbing any THC, and would likely produce the same taste/color as the wine.

Just a thought

Share this on:

Tags
bong, bong water, bongs, bongwater, cork, drugs, liquor, red wine, spice, vodka, weed, whiskey, wine