Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Oxycodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 10-11-2009, 02:47

24 y/o Male from United States
Bynie should review received reputation comments.
Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Chewing Oxycontin

How well does swim have to chew it to destroy the time release? Does it need to be ground up like swim is going to blow it or can he just bite it into a few pieces?

Post Quality Evaluations:
pls ensure you are posting in the correct forum - this belongs in General Opiates, not Codeine
Old 10-11-2009, 03:00
Gold Member

24 y/o Male from Earth
Nnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline Medline
Re: Chewing Oxycontin

Wouldn't suggest chewing, although it does break the time release perfectly well. Much gets stuck in SWIY's molars in the little cavities, not sure if they have a name. Anyway, SWIM suggest crushing it up pretty fine in a shot glass and making sure to cover the glass with SWIY hand so none flies out. Then either fill up the shot and take it down, pour it into a larger drink, or parachute it. Either way if SWIY moves it to another place make sure to scrape all the goodies out! Don't leave any behind. SWIM usually just licks the excess powder but most people can't bear the taste. Hope all goes well!
Old 10-11-2009, 06:33
Palladium Member

28 y/o Male from Canada
I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.
Points: 1,362, Level: 5 Points: 1,362, Level: 5 Points: 1,362, Level: 5
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Swim just got done explaining this in another thread, will just copy and paste.

Basically in some of the narcotrics, there is a time release mechanism, that basically starts reacting when the level of narcotics in the blood reaches/lowers to a certain level. This is true. Yes, the coating is a PART of the time-release system, but is not the time release system in itself. The pharmacuetical companys dont release much information on these mechanisms because they see it as a risk. If people know exactly how the time release works, then they can easily learn how to manipulate it for abuse. But, the thing is, this release works only when in the stomach and g.i tract. All bets are off when the pill is crushed, dissolved in water and injected. Because most of the medication is being released into the blood in one shot. So now what they are aiming towards, is making pills that react with water. A prime example is the generic "football" oxycodones, which gel up when they contact water. But this time release system is also able to be minipulated.

So...the pill itself does still have time-release. Taking the coating off just helps with does dumping. But, a large percentage of the time release system is in the coating.

Last edited by I_8_my yellow crayon; 10-11-2009 at 06:36. Reason: added
Old 10-11-2009, 23:19

So what is the best way to take it orally? Can swim just parachute it or should he dissolve it in water?
Old 12-11-2009, 23:46
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.
Points: 2,107, Level: 6 Points: 2,107, Level: 6 Points: 2,107, Level: 6
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%

Swiy's best bet is to dissolve it in water. This way it goes strait to the intestines and wastes no time in the stomach breaking up into a liquid. This way it will hit you harder and faster, versus a slower, more gradual come-up. This is what swim does personally if he has to pull a CWE or if it's too many pills to insufflate
Old 21-11-2009, 14:27
Banned

Male from United States
MajorTom should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

I'm gonna say Chew it, Swim used to love chewing it, before he started railing it, swim actually found he enjoys the taste after a few times, and looked forward to the chewing with a Doctor Pepper or full throtle to wash it down, If swim were worried about getting pieces stuck in his teeth, than he would not do it (but ask swimself this; would swim stop eating chocolate for fear of decaying his teeth?)

IMO - Chewing is a ritual just like cutting it up and railing it is,... I find that mixing it in water would do nothing but give your body more bioavailablility of the drug, which is obviously intriguing

just let the pill sit inside swims cheek till it softens, then swim would bite it in half and concentrate on one half at a time, reason being is if swim try to chew the whole pill at once swim risks losing pieces in his teeth, so be safe and let it soften in swims mouth before chewing.
Old 21-11-2009, 16:42
Silver Member

Female from United States
static_vodka_420 is a decent psychonaut.static_vodka_420 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 194, Level: 2 Points: 194, Level: 2 Points: 194, Level: 2

swim says the pill has to be reduced to powder for the time release mechanism to be destroyed. chewing the pill will work but a lot gets stuck in the crevices of ones teeth swims reccomended oral method is powder the pill inside of a folded dollar after removing the outer coating then fold the dollar and pour the powder into swiys mouth then wash it down with a drink this method leaves minimal oxycodone wasted in the mouth and reduce the latex taste the best in his opinion.
Old 21-11-2009, 18:53
Silver Member

Male from United States
thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,072, Level: 5 Points: 1,072, Level: 5 Points: 1,072, Level: 5

Swim has to disagree........although he does not have the list in front of him the coating on Oxycontin has nothing to do with the time relese,the coating is made up of a half dozen food grade ingredients and some coloring........
The main ingredient in the time relese is carnuba wax and is bonded to the ingedients in the pill.Crushing the pill will cause more surface area.......hence more medicine is available to be relesed at one time.Chewing the pill does not defete the time relese,but again only provides more surface area for more of the drug to be relesed almost at the same time........

Post Quality Evaluations:
Sounds like a valid theory, but how was this information aquired
Old 22-11-2009, 04:07
Banned

Male from United States
MajorTom should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Swim totally agrees with both of you, however, swim is not wasteful of his pills so he chews them to as fine of a powder as one could crush with any other method,

Swim doesn't consider his stomach to be the main source for absorbing the drug, swim says that the drug is being absorbed from the minute he begins chewing it, ala the tounge, cheeks and throat. Therefor (if chewed properly) swim thinks it would be absorbed faster by chewing it than any other oral method
Old 22-11-2009, 04:18
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Ontherooftops is captain of the psychonauts.Ontherooftops is captain of the psychonauts.Ontherooftops is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 359, Level: 3 Points: 359, Level: 3 Points: 359, Level: 3

Swim just wants to throw out there: some preparations of oxycodone can be pretty large.

For a first time user, or even a beginning user who'd had a few percs before, chomping down on an 80mg pill would probably be a bit much.

If someone knew what the mg dosage was, and was acquianted with the drug, snorting is the way to go. A sublingual (chewing and then holding under the tongue) method could be used as well to get a bit more effect than oral admin.

But yeah folks, know your dosages.

And if your rat not addicted to opiates already and isn't prescribed them, well, swim just wouldn't advise it. Judging by the fact that how to put an oxycodone into your rat isn't already second nature, swim's guessing your rat is falling somewhere in that category of a new user. So I'm just putting it out there, use caution, and try not to get addicted.

Oh and the bige , there is definitely time-release oxycodone. Some are, some aren't. Sometimes chewing is doing a lot more than just making finer particles.

Last edited by Ontherooftops; 22-11-2009 at 04:22. Reason: Typos
Old 24-11-2009, 04:51

swim is a new user, and hes having some trouble because only about 50% of the time he has a good experience. Sometimes 15mg works great and sometimes it makes swim sick. One time just 7.5mg left him feeling sick only 15 min after taking it.

Share this on:

Tags
breaking time release, crushing pills, first time oxycontin, new oxycontin, oxycodone, oxycontin, oxycontin dose, time release