Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Downers and sleeping pills Anxiety Meds, Sleeping Pills and Skeletal Muscle Relaxants

Old 09-11-2009, 12:37
R.I.P.

Male from United States
EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.
Points: 2,267, Level: 7 Points: 2,267, Level: 7 Points: 2,267, Level: 7
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Can zolpidem (generic ambien) be IV'd?

A certain Monkey went off to detox and is now on 100 mgs take home methadone a day, enough to keep him from wantin dope and enough to get him high every so often, as most days he takes 90mgs but he damn sure aint throwing away that other 10, so 2 days a week he can take 130 and 110 gs respectively. He feeds his need for the needle by banging coke constantly but that has slowed down as one of his connects vanished into thin air. So, he's craving a shot, of ANYTHING, badly. He's shot up E pills, crushed benzos, powder that may have been coke, may bave been baby powder etc etc etc. Only thing off that list that did him any good was the E.
He knows the ambien high isnt anything great but he'd love to feel that instant iv sedation he knows and loves, plus he already took one orally. His last methadone was over 20 hours ago.

He knows IV pills is generally a bad idea but if he's safe (removes coatind, removes all non watersoluble crap from cooker etc, woul this be ok JUST THIS ONCE till he can get coke again?

Basically is zoplidem tartrate H20 soluble?

EyesOfTheWorld added 435 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Well, he researched and answered his own question. If the pills are crushed in a large spoon, and an appropriate amount of water (50 ml per pill) is added and they are mixed together, a milky white liquid full of pieces of filler is created. If one takes a LARGE (like 1/3 the size of a full-on cotton ball) piece of cotton and soaks i in this solution til saturated, then squeezes the cotton ball into a new, smaller spoon, all the gunk and filler, and some of the milky-white color, will be gone. It then needs to be drawn up into a needle through a cotton just like heroin does. It will remail milky white but it will be as fluid as water. If it coagulates or moves slower than water swiy is doing somehin wrong.
it must then be IV'd in the usual manner, after which SWIY will feel a very eird rush, like that of IV coke without the stimulation. Weird visuals and audio effects etc abound for all of 5 minutes, then the typical sedative ambien effects kick in.
Not without merit, but best saved for:
A: Those that REALLY like the sensory derangement of ambien
B: Those that just love new drug experiences, that guy/girl who will "try anything once", and
C: Desperate junkies and ex-junkies like SWIM who either are out of their DOC (SWIMs heart goes out to ya) or couldn't get high on their DOC's if someone paid them thanks to all the methadone they're on (SWIM)
Such people usually turn to IV coke, IM ketamine, IV crack, IV PURE MDMA and the usual suspects, but none are available.
Worth a try if swiy fits one of those categories.

Last edited by EyesOfTheWorld; 09-11-2009 at 12:37. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-11-2009, 22:59
Gold Member

Male from United States
staples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medline
Points: 2,980, Level: 8 Points: 2,980, Level: 8 Points: 2,980, Level: 8
Activity: 7.9% Activity: 7.9% Activity: 7.9%
Re: Can zolpidem (generic ambien) be IV'd?

I don't know anything about the process described above, so this may or may not be relevant: The casing of a zolpidem pill (at least the name-brand version, apparently this is not true for generics) is designed so that pulverized chunks of zolpidem stick to it. I've always understood that this was to make it difficult for people to insufflate the drug, but it makes sense to me that it could also make it more difficult to prepare for IV administration.

Having said that, I think this thread could use a little bit of harm reduction...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOfTheWorld View Post
(50 ml per pill)
How many pills do people inject?? I can't find the source, but I thought I had read that even injecting the smaller dosage, 5mg, can cause some people to pass out before they even finish the injection!

Quote:
It will remail milky white but it will be as fluid as water.
If the final solution isn't clear, I think that means some compounds which are harmful to inject are still present. I have read that a solution of zolpidem should be completely clear.

Quote:
Not without merit, but best saved for:
A: Those that REALLY like the sensory derangement of ambien
B: Those that just love new drug experiences, that guy/girl who will "try anything once", and
C: Desperate junkies and ex-junkies like SWIM who either are out of their DOC (SWIMs heart goes out to ya) or couldn't get high on their DOC's if someone paid them thanks to all the methadone they're on (SWIM)
I can understand a case being made for people in group C where injecting zolpidem would be the better of two evils in certain situations, but I don't think it's particularly safe to recommend injecting zolpidem to anyone. I would urge people to make sure they are at least familiar with the effects when taken orally before considering shooting it directly into their veins!
Old 14-11-2009, 18:58
R.I.P.

Male from United States
EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.
Points: 2,267, Level: 7 Points: 2,267, Level: 7 Points: 2,267, Level: 7
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Can zolpidem (generic ambien) be IV'd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by staples View Post
I don't know anything about the process described above, so this may or may not be relevant: The casing of a zolpidem pill (at least the name-brand version, apparently this is not true for generics) is designed so that pulverized chunks of zolpidem stick to it. I've always understood that this was to make it difficult for people to insufflate the drug, but it makes sense to me that it could also make it more difficult to prepare for IV administration.

Having said that, I think this thread could use a little bit of harm reduction...

How many pills do people inject?? I can't find the source, but I thought I had read that even injecting the smaller dosage, 5mg, can cause some people to pass out before they even finish the injection!

If the final solution isn't clear, I think that means some compounds which are harmful to inject are still present. I have read that a solution of zolpidem should be completely clear.

I can understand a case being made for people in group C where injecting zolpidem would be the better of two evils in certain situations, but I don't think it's particularly safe to recommend injecting zolpidem to anyone. I would urge people to make sure they are at least familiar with the effects when taken orally before considering shooting it directly into their veins!

Oh, this method is NOT recommended for anyone but HARDCORE needle-fixated junkies that cannot obtain any other injectables; and are also very familiar with the effects of oral ambien, Start small (10-15 mgs) and do not exceed 40 mgs no matter how high swiy's oral ambien tolerance may be.

Share this on:

Tags
ambien, coke, drugs-forum, injecting, injection, junkies, methadone, shoot up, shooting up, zolpidem

» New Threads
Can't get hard cause of Xanax?
Last post by doesit
3 Replies, 115 Views
Should i come off suboxone?
Last post by figgy
4 Replies, 74 Views
Tramadol use after prescribed for...
Last post by detoxin momma
2 Replies, 21 Views
Hallucinations on MDMA comedown?
Last post by Jozi Gold