Notices

Old 08-11-2009, 19:28
Silver Member

30 y/o Male from Canada
nobbieq is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Heroin and itching

SWIM has tried prescribed oxycodine and at 10 mgs felt major itching all over.

Is heroin similer to oxycodine in terms of itching and effects?
Old 08-11-2009, 19:41
Banned

28 y/o Male
chillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 27,071, Level: 23 Points: 27,071, Level: 23 Points: 27,071, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Heroin and itching

Yes, itching is a very common side effect of opiates. In terms of effects, oxycodone and heroin are very similar and many people will say they are almost equivalent but in Red Rock's experience, heroin was much stronger in terms of effects.
Old 08-11-2009, 20:19
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
Cooki really knows their shit.Cooki really knows their shit.Cooki really knows their shit.Cooki really knows their shit.Cooki really knows their shit.Cooki really knows their shit.Cooki really knows their shit.Cooki really knows their shit.Cooki really knows their shit.
Points: 7,319, Level: 12 Points: 7,319, Level: 12 Points: 7,319, Level: 12

Well...all oral opiates seem to have the same effect if abused! Swim found the mild itching a pleasant experience, but it can get BAD! Was swim taking several tablets? If not, swim would think swiy're tolerance must be pretty low, in which case, trying heroin wouldn't be a good idea. If swiy is just interested, ignore me. If swim were to be considering trying H, swim would hope swiy would never do it alone, and search these forums for safe advice first, but hopes this is not the case as swiy would also find some cautionary tales here too.

There's a similar thread on here already, and this was my response:
Haha!! Yes- the "itch"!!
Swim has felt like she was on fire a few times itching so bad from DF118s!!
Found a little information on it on google:

"The itch we talk about affect users of oral narcotics above moderate doses and can be reduced in intensity by taking a non-drowsy anti-histamines Allegra or Claritin, an hour before taking the dose of opiates, then using an old fashioned drowsiness producing antihistamine with moderate to strong anticholinergic action like diphenhydramine (Benadryl), dimenhydrinate (Original Dramamine), or brompheniramine (Dimetapp) to boost the effect of the opiate (?!), and using topical creams containing antihistamines to knock down the worst itching. The itchies can be intensified by the inert and non-psychoactive ingredients of cough syrups/opiate medications coming out of one's pores and being deposited on the skin, so having a shower if you are not too blasted to walk a straight line can be a good idea in the middle of a long hydrocodone run. Codeine is for most people the itchiest narcotic."

Source: Antihistamine Aficionado Magazine July 2000
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=106650 (this is the thread)

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good job pointing to the similar link
Good post and link, very helpful
great post, great link - overall great contribution! :):)
Old 09-11-2009, 00:38
Mercury Member

24 y/o Male from United States
perfectday needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1

I itch like a bitch lately, idk if it's from opiates or another medication i take.

Post Quality Evaluations:
this doesn't answer the OP question regarding the difference between H & Oxy.Try posting some more information, one-liners are rarely helpful
Old 09-11-2009, 07:14
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from United States
junkville is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1

Swim's nose would itch so bad sometimes he would rub it raw. After heavy binges his nose would peel after healing like it does after sunburns.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:51
Palladium Member

Male from Japan
Spucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline Medline
Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9
AW: Heroin and itching

My Cat think that all Opiates are more allergic than Opioid`s.
The Cat idea is that as more Alkaloid`s are still inside as more allergic it is!
ie. Codeine is horrible, not like good Heroin.
(because the alkaloids inside of Codeine are more widely varied)

Someone can confirm this Idea or disagree?
Old 09-11-2009, 12:16
Palladium Member

35 y/o Female from United Kingdom
beena really knows their shit.beena really knows their shit.beena really knows their shit.beena really knows their shit.beena really knows their shit.beena really knows their shit.beena really knows their shit.beena really knows their shit.beena really knows their shit.
Points: 1,935, Level: 6 Points: 1,935, Level: 6 Points: 1,935, Level: 6

All opiates can cause itching but it effects different individuals differently, i.e. not everyone experiences itching as a result of opiate use. The severity of the itchiness usually depends on how much has been used, i.e. the higher the dose the worse the itch! SWIM used to itch a lot after using heroin but these days it's hardly a problem: so guesses that a tolerance can be built up to the itchiness in the same way that a tolerance can build up to the other effects of the drug, such as euphoria. SWIM just wishes a tolerance could be built up to the effects of withdrawal too!
Old 09-11-2009, 15:43

28 y/o Male from United States
forwhomthebelltolls is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by beena View Post
these days it's hardly a problem: so guesses that a tolerance can be built up to the itchiness
yeah swim would only get itchy if he was really incoherently jammed, or if he took a break for a while and then did a normal shot. on h, the itch was more like a diffuse tickle, requiring the occasional rub of the arm, neck, or a light scratch on the calf.

after taking a break and then blasting oxycodone, however, there seems to be a wicked burning itch concentrated locally. instead of rubbing the chest/stomach/back through a shirt, swim will end up digging nails only over the sternum, one side of the neck/face/scalp, or raking a knife across his back. the results are usually raw red skin, and drawing blood on occasion.

in times of despair swim has been known to take his shirt off, or atleast pulling his shirt up over his head like the great cornholio, and scratching his back on a door jamb like a bear. carpet works great, too...
Old 09-11-2009, 18:28
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Female from United States
Sniffin Sunshine is captain of the psychonauts.Sniffin Sunshine is captain of the psychonauts.Sniffin Sunshine is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 355, Level: 3 Points: 355, Level: 3 Points: 355, Level: 3

lol the above post was hillarious.

swim agrees that itching deminishes with tolerance, she actually looks back on the itch fondly now, in the beginning with oxy it was just a light itch that felt so good to scratch
alas though if swim thought about it to much it would drive her insane and not allow for any sleep cause she would be up all night scratching

nowadays swim only itches when she has been without h for a few days and even though she bangs it, she gets the itch worst on her nose all the time
she is always seen rubbing her nose like a madwoman after that first shot in a while and always has to cover it by saying she thinks she got cathair in her nose

on the subject of prevention though, swim agrees wholehartedly that taking 2 benadryl (diphenhydramine 25mg) one hour before the first hit helps A LOT
as far as potinating, swim doesnt think so, but benadryl does cause drowsiness so it increases the nod and therefore makes it seem like it is potenating the dose
Old 09-11-2009, 18:49
Gold Member

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
mickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medline
Points: 2,651, Level: 7 Points: 2,651, Level: 7 Points: 2,651, Level: 7
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Itching is a really common side effect, but as soon as you start to build a habit, it generally goes altogether. When you stop itching from a good dose of opiates, you know you're teetering on the brink of a fucking huge cliff....

There's a line from some nirvana song I used to listen to, 'I got so high/ I scratched till I bled'.......swim knows alot of people who've done that, and kindof wishes he still was at that point...
Old 09-11-2009, 21:13
Silver Member

30 y/o Male from Canada

I guess I should be more specific on what my friend is trying to ask.

He took 5 mgs/300 mgs acetaminophen, 2 pills at a time and found noticible itching in various places. This was back in March. This was the only type of opiate he's ever had in his life.

He believes he has gotten some H but not sure because there is zero itching. It's weird because it's in crystal form.

effects felt
- major disassociation (like salvia but less evil)
- apathy
- empathy when he started talking to his bro
- hallucinations (everything melting away, time and space felt different because everything seemed bigger than me!)
-hornier
-when burping, air coming out with less force than usual

He combined it with marijuana which got his mind racing again but felt even more...away from everything. He took some of it orally but the effects were stronger when snorted from a comparable amount.

I know on the MDMA forum pill testing is not allowed but I didn't see anything about that in this particular forum so please let me know if identifying any type of drug is not allowed generally and I will comply and someone can close this whole thing down.

Thanks for everyone's insight...me and my friend usually read more than post here.

nobbieq added 6 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

I should be more specific. He took 2 pills of 5 mgs oxycotin/300 mgs acetaminophen each at a time as prescribed back in March.

-crystal colour is rusty brown

Last edited by nobbieq; 09-11-2009 at 21:13. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-11-2009, 22:19
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Female from United States
Sniffin Sunshine is captain of the psychonauts.Sniffin Sunshine is captain of the psychonauts.Sniffin Sunshine is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 355, Level: 3 Points: 355, Level: 3 Points: 355, Level: 3

the above described effects do not sound like heroin AT ALL and infact sound like something a bit dangerous.
if it is heroin it would feel almost exactly the same as the oxy but stronger, depending on amount used.
swim would advise against using whatever this substance is
heroin should never ever make one hallucinate!
Old 09-11-2009, 22:19

28 y/o Male from United States
forwhomthebelltolls is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

shiny crystals, or dull powder? what did it smell/taste like?
Old 10-11-2009, 02:20
Silver Member

30 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwhomthebelltolls View Post
shiny crystals, or dull powder? what did it smell/taste like?

Shiny rust coloured brown crystals, no powder. Can't get a smell off them, but my friend is saying that when snorting it, there's no burn and that's it's bitter tasting.

The absense of itching and the addition hallucinations makes him believe this is Ketamine instead...
Old 10-11-2009, 07:02
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from United States
junkville is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1

It is hard for swim to remember if snorting h gave him a burn, he thinks it may have a little, not nearly like meth or even coke though. He does remember the drainage being really foul tasting, not so much bitter.

Swim couldn't stand the taste of h after snorting it a while, people would smoke it around him and it was just disgusting to him. Once he went to the needle he was thankful the taste changed and was a lot more enjoyable.
Old 10-11-2009, 17:29
Silver Member

30 y/o Male from Canada

Hmmm...SWIM doesn't know what his dealer is doing to him and can't get a hold of him. So SWIM guesses this is not the 'H' experience? Maybe it's a good thing...but he did want to 'try' it. Does H ever come in crystals? If not, then could this possibly be K? SWIM has to admit, he does like the 'high'...it also numbs him down as well and the sedative feeling is 'interesting' to say the least...
Old 16-11-2009, 13:09
Banned

Male
johnnyyen should review received reputation comments.
Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey_bee View Post
Itching is a really common side effect, but as soon as you start to build a habit, it generally goes altogether. When you stop itching from a good dose of opiates, you know you're teetering on the brink of a fucking huge cliff....

There's a line from some nirvana song I used to listen to, 'I got so high/ I scratched till I bled'.......swim knows alot of people who've done that, and kindof wishes he still was at that point...
so true,you know when the itch starts lessening that you are on your way to picking up a habit...that or your habit is fast becoming an addiction..SWIM recalls when he used to be buzzing off a bag and had what was almost a sensual sensation on his skin when his clothes were rubbing against him as he walked along the road.
this sensation,like all the other 'positive' aspects of using soon left however,and as another post put it all you are left with is the (never ending and hopeless) chore of chasing a buzz that will never come back..

Last edited by johnnyyen; 16-11-2009 at 13:10. Reason: spellings..
Old 23-11-2009, 05:37
Mercury Member

24 y/o Male from United States
perfectday needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1

SWIM ITCHES LIKE A FUKING MOTHER FUCKER HE IS TEARING HIS SKIN OFF ALL MOST RIGHT NOW OR ATLEAST WANTS TO, HOW DO YOU STOP IT FUCKING AVEENO LOTION MADE IT WORSE ARGGHHG !(*&!@^!!!!!! shower didn't help either. it never does, SWIM is always itchy, and he never used to have this problem, what in the fuk.
Old 26-11-2009, 18:22
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Pennsylvania
SmokeNmirrors is captain of the psychonauts.SmokeNmirrors is captain of the psychonauts.SmokeNmirrors is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 653, Level: 4 Points: 653, Level: 4 Points: 653, Level: 4

Swim enjoys the itching that's usually when swim is at his highest but it happens hours later, swim mainly does speed ball's and least for him it seems to counter the itching for awhile.
Old 01-12-2009, 00:38
Silver Member

Male from Australia
Naked Lunch is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1

One can get a head itch often but its not an unpleasant itch like scabies or some shit!

Share this on:

Tags
benadryl, drug, drugs, drugs-forum, effects of heroin, heroin, heroin effects, heroin itch, heroin side effects, heroin tips, heroine, making heroin, opiate itch, opiate side effects, opiates and itching, oxycodone effects, pharmaceutical opiates, shooting heroin