Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Antidepressants
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 29-07-2005, 17:41
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

trueheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Question About Remeron (Mirtazepine) Recreational value?

i just started taking this med cause i had lost alot of weight and down too 105 so my dr put me on it to gain weight and it did make me drozzy and i take 30mg but i didnt get a good feeling or buzz with it..does anyone know what i could ask for that helps you get a buzz but will help u gain weight too?i currently take ativan,ambien,loracet 10/650 and zoloft so i need something to ask dr without him saying no and wont say it wont effect with the others that he probably will give me

but if im going to take a pill to help me gasin weight i still like to have a good feeling with it or just a buzz from it...has anyone ever tried remeron and got a buzz and if anyone know of something i could ask for that one of its purpuse is to gain weight but also gives u that good feeling or buzz feeling
Old 04-02-2006, 03:19
Silver Member

Male from United States
a4stringedwonder is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 164, Level: 2 Points: 164, Level: 2 Points: 164, Level: 2
SWIM finds remeron to be effective at coming down off of stimulants.

but nothing else...
Old 04-02-2006, 14:29
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%
Remeron is Mirtazipine. It is a noradrenergic and specific seratonergic antidepressant.

Here is some more info:

Mirtazapine has a tetracyclic chemical structure and belongs to the piperazino-azepine group of compounds. It is designated 1,2,3,4,10,14b-hexahydro-2-methylpyrazino [2,1-a] pyrido [2,3-c] benzazepine and has the empirical formula of C17H19N3. Its molecular weight is 265.36.

The mechanism of action is unknown. Mirtazapine acts as an antagonist at central presynaptic a2 adrenergic inhibitory autoreceptors. Mirtazapine is a potent antagonist of 5-HT2 and 5-HT3 receptors. Mirtazapine has no significant affinity for the 5-HT1A and 5-HT1B receptors. Mirtazapine is a potent antagonist of histamine (H1) receptors, a property that may explain its prominent sedative effects. Mirtazapine is a moderate peripheral a1 adrenergic antagonist, a property that may explain the occasional orthostatic hypotension reported in association with its use.

It is rapidly and completely absorbed following oral administration and has a half-life of about 20–40 hours. Peak plasma concentrations are reached within about 2hours following an oral dose. The presence of food in the stomach has a minimal effect on both the rate and extent of absorption and does not require a dosage adjustment.

Mirtazapine is extensively metabolized after oral administration. Major pathways of biotransformation are demethylation and hydroxylation followed by glucuronide conjugation. In vitro data from human liver microsomes indicate that cytochrome 2D6 and 1A2 are involved in the formation of the 8-hydroxy metabolite of mirtazapine, whereas cytochrome 3A is considered to be responsible for the formation of the N-desmethyl and N-oxide metabolite. Mirtazapine has an absolute bioavailability of about 50%. It is eliminated predominantly via urine (75%) with 15% in feces. Several unconjugated metabolites possess pharmacological activity but are present in the plasma at very low levels. The (–) enantiomer hasanelimination half-life that is approximately twice as long as the (+) enantiomer and therefore achieves plasma levels that are about three times as high as that of the (+) enantiomer.

Plasma levels are linearly related to dose over a dose range of 15–80 mg. The mean elimination half-life of mirtazapine after oral administration ranges from approximately 20–40 hours across age and gender subgroups, with females of all ages exhibiting significantly longer elimination half-lives than males (mean half-life of 37 hours for females vs. 26 hours for males). Steady state plasma levels of mirtazapine are attained within 5 days, with about 50% accumulation (accumulation ratio = 1.5).

Mirtazapine is approximately 85% bound to plasma proteins over a concentration range of 0.01 to 10 mg/m.

Females of all ages exhibiting significantly longer elimination half-lives than males.

The most commonly observed adverse events are: Somnolence, increased appetite, weight gain, and dizziness.

Other adverse effects: Flu-Like Symptoms, dry mouth, constipation, peripheral oedema, myalgia, tremor, confusion, shortness of breath and urinary frequency.

Impairment of motor skills with mirtazipine is additive with benzodiazepines and alcohol.

Post Quality Evaluations:
great info

Last edited by Jatelka; 27-02-2006 at 14:00.
Old 04-02-2006, 16:43
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

34 y/o Male
mark_v is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2
I'm prescibed 30 mg daily, works very well as a sleep aid the first few weeks.
But as most AD's it has zero recreational value.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:26
Silver Member

29 y/o Male
thatsall is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 337, Level: 2 Points: 337, Level: 2 Points: 337, Level: 2
I was currently perscribed remeron. My doc started me at 60mg a day before bed which to me seems alot to start of at. I have gained weight in the stomache, but i was wondering if I worked out the weight would go toward the muscles that I worked out? I am going to begin taking 30mg tonight. I have been waking up late afternoon and larter. Only time i wake up early is when i drink. I am also very sluggish and get drymouth. But i was hoping someone could answer two questions:

1. Would it be dangerous to take mescaline with remeron?

2. If i worked out would the weight go toward the muscles i worked out instead of goin to my stomache?

And also i have read a few stories where people have tripped on remeron at high doses, i dont knowhow safe it is and i am not condoning it but it can cause hallucinations. http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=35381
Old 11-03-2006, 06:55
Silver Member

34 y/o Male
deji is learning how to become a psychonaut.
You have to eat the right foods and work out to get muscle. Living off burger king and not working out, you will get fat, yes. Eating a proper diet and working out, you will gain weight where you want it. Squats are really good to get some weight. Bench press, pull-up, etc. Those kind of exercises that work a group of muscles will get your weight up fast.

And eat like crazy, the more you eat, the bigger you will get. Well, dont eat 24/7, but figure how many calories you need to get bigger and make a clean diet up and stick to it.

Last edited by deji; 11-03-2006 at 07:05.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:38
Silver Member

29 y/o Male
Thanx but no thanx, im talking about the weight caused by the remeron. I know the whole workout thing i did it in high school, but those are the basic mass builders. The thing im saying is if the remeron is putting weight on as of now and im notting eating a ton of food, would that weight go toward muscles if i worked out. I read up on it before i took it and it says that a common side effect is water retention, so thats where i think the weight from. It would just be awesome if instead of getting fat i could go to the gym and just get big, because remeron is notorious for weight gain. But if has the potentioial to go to muscles it would be like an excerise aid. Not like steroids but more like creatine and weight gainer in one.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:43
Silver Member

34 y/o Male
deji is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Ah, didn't read it right I guess. Thought you wanted to get lots of weight.

Eat a clean diet and hit up the elliptical machine to sweat it out and see what happens. Will definitely be healthy for you either way
Old 11-03-2006, 07:47
Silver Member

29 y/o Male
yeah, i hear you, im just saying its causing me all this weight, i just dont see why i couldnt go somewhere else besides my belly, i guess ill just have to do it it and finsd out. a lil exercise was never bad.
Old 12-03-2006, 19:59
Silver Member

29 y/o Male
does anybody know the answer, jatelka you must knwo with all that knowledege.
Old 12-03-2006, 21:26
Gold Member

43 y/o Male
oldman is on the way upoldman is on the way upoldman is on the way up
Points: 362, Level: 3 Points: 362, Level: 3 Points: 362, Level: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsall
does anybody know the answer, jatelka you must knwo with all that knowledege.
okay, in one of swims rehabs, remeron was the most popular withdrawal sleep aid given. swims roomates (who were on it everynight) one very thin gained weight, mostly in the midsection like you said.he didn't exercise. the other dude was already pretty built but not like a beefcake (the rock). more like michael phelps. in fact he was a national swimmer at one time. anywayhe started remeron and in 2 weeks put on about 15lbs. he was still working out a lot and swimming everyday as the rehab had good facilities but his neck was getting bigger (not more muscular) and he did put on some weight in the midsection as well.

so maybe remeron keeps you from burning so many calories or something. do not depend on it building muscle. everyone will tel you there's not free ride to that. eat lots of protein, (whey shakes are decent shortcuts since most people have a hard time consuming enough protein through diet alone) but you still have to exercise. sorry dude but even steroids don't work for people not wanting to exercise.
Old 13-03-2006, 00:09
Silver Member

29 y/o Male
yes i here ya. Thanx i know i must excersize in order to get big. I wasnt expecting to just gte big sittin on the couch. But from the way it sounds remeron is just fat no matter what you do. It doesnt matter to much as im switching meds right now.and as far as mascaline goes do you think i would run in to problems if i took mescaline with an ssri; and possibly remeron?
Old 13-03-2006, 20:29
Gold Member

43 y/o Male
something tells me it might not be the best. is your depression really bad without SSRI's? swim thought he had bad (clinical) depression once, was put on hefty dose of effexor, never really felt any different, he stopped being so depressed but he also got a hold of his life stopped feeling sorry for himself, got off recreational drugs for a spell, then slowly weaned off effexor. he felt fine (after a month). maybe make sure you really suffer from clinical depression. read about behavior modification therapy and how it determines your moods. just being moody person doesn't mean you neccessarily suffer from depression.

when psychiatrists get paid $250 an hour, they're gonna prescribe stuff. most of these meds only seem active when you go to get off of them.

if you suffer serious depression maybe the use of any psychedelic ought to really be weighed out. figure out if you can live without them. if you can't maybe psychedelics aren't gonna be good. when swim was young he had a couple minor breakdowns as a result of too much chemistry going on in his head. take control. none of us can say for certain what something is gonna do to your head.
Old 14-03-2006, 04:21
Silver Member

29 y/o Male
I hear you man. You sound like a very wise person. We can only live to learn. I wasnt planning on any tripping anytime soon but i do have some shows set for summer where tripping could really brighten up the expierence. I am still young and feel that this depression can be from chemistry going out of whack from drugs, poor sleep,horrible first love relationship, poor nutrition, negative thought train. I think it is a mix of all of them. All of them together made for the perfect recipe of disaster and depression. Once i got in the hole i just allowed myself to feel sorry for myself and sink deeper into the depression. I just had so much free time to think and fall deeper, and kinda secluded myself from everybody. "Idle time is the devil's plaything" -basketball diaries. I do feel i need some sort of medicine to allow me from wandering off. I feel i just need to get my head back on where it used to be and this time im not going to take everyday happiness for granted and make wiser decisions. You never really realize what you take for granted until youve lost it.
Old 14-03-2006, 19:27
Gold Member

43 y/o Male
dude you are on the right track, I'm not all that wise, I've just learned alot of lessons the hard way, but the key word is learned. all those things you talked about bothering you are very real and normal. peole get them all the time sometimes when more than one thing goes wrong (or more than 5) it does really feel like the world is caving in on you. I still get it. you just sometimes need to back away, figure out how to keep from feeling worse (eat properly, get sleep, exercise, talk to someone). people nowadays don't feel comfortable conveying feelings with other human beings because they're affraid of being judged, or that our confidence in someone will be betrayed. it happens.

if swiy wants to have some sessions in the summer like you say, figure out how to be in the best shape mentally and physically before then. it is much more fun to go into those things feeling strong than beat down already. this is something Swim is wise about. he's done it both ways and healthy is much better.
Old 22-02-2011, 21:49

40 y/o Male from United Kingdom
too fool for school should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Question About Remeron (Mirtazepine) Recreational value?

I don't know if this will be helpful but swim was on 45 mg mirtazipine and 20 mg of diazepam ( valium ) for the 1st week swim , a notorious insomniac was sparked out when his head hit the pillow , also for the duration of the treatment swims appetite increased greatly ( could be the diazepam) leading to weight gain
Old 05-03-2011, 16:56
Gold Finger

33 y/o Female from United States
chibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,288, Level: 7 Points: 2,288, Level: 7 Points: 2,288, Level: 7
Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3%

Mirtazapine is not a protein shake, it will only help you gain fat, and it has no recreational value.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:17
Silver Member

Male from United States
Thetakishi is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1

To answer the question of mescaline and remeron, I take 45mg/day and know plenty about it, and know that my cat has taken psychedelics/mdma/serotonergic drugs with it and has found that they do nothing while the remeron is in your system. Pupil dilation will still happen, but no psychedelic effects or empathogenic effects. In my cats several experiences that is, they can be used as serotonergic drug dumpsters because no effects are felt.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:20
Titanium Member

27 y/o Male from England
psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.
Points: 1,852, Level: 6 Points: 1,852, Level: 6 Points: 1,852, Level: 6
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

I know people who take it for its sedating effects I however have found it an excellent enhancer of opiates. Combined with buprenorphine it really adds to the body high and can make it very very trippy. I have had one very psychedelic experience with 2.5-3mg bupe snorted over a couple hours with 3 mitrazepine pills. I am trying to remember the dosage, they were big and I think designed for sublingual as they tasted of orange. I had a feeling they were 45mg but don't think that can be right.
Old 01-07-2011, 13:17
Titanium Member

Male from Australia
Troppo is on the way upTroppo is on the way upTroppo is on the way up
Points: 687, Level: 4 Points: 687, Level: 4 Points: 687, Level: 4
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Mirtazapine taken along with a small dose of diazepam and medium amount of cannabis produces a very drowsy state, at only 7.5 and 15 mg, which lasts for many hours (over 12 hours anyway). This can be unpleasant rather than any sort of high, but different people seek different experiences they call highs I guess.

The person who did this wasn't deliberately being stupid with the drug either, he had already told his doctor about his use of both other drugs, and has been trying the drug for therapeutic reasons.

Not sure what higher mirtazapine doses do, since tolerance is supposed to set in to the sedative effects of mirtazapine, but this is taking longer than expected in this case.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:16
Silver Member

27 y/o Female from United States
*ChemBabe* is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1

Does anyone know if the weight comes off easily once you stop taking remeron? In other words, if the medication is what is causing the weight gain, will stopping it cause a great weight loss or will I have to do an actual weight loss regimen to get it off?

I am athletic and was finally at a comfortable size at the time I was prescribed Remeron. In the last 2 months, I have gained about 15lbs. This drug has been awesome for my depression and has dramatically lifted me out of the slump I was in, but I cannot stand the weight gain!! My appetite increased in the very beginning, but now it is back to normal and I'm still gaining weight! I can't wear any of my clothes, and even tho I'm still working out and eating really healthy as usual, the weight seems to keep on comin'! I am weaning off the meds starting tonight, and I really hope the weight comes off with ease once it is out of my system. Thanks!

Share this on:

Tags
anxiety, buprenorphine, diazepam, drug, half life, iboga, injecting, lose weight, mirtazapine, mirtazapine combinations, mirtazapine side effects, rameron, recreational use, remeron, tetracyclic, tetracyclic antidepressant

» New Threads
Study finds Xyrem (GHB) relieves...
Last post by consciousnesskate
1 Replies, 1,893 Views
why is my benzo tolerance so high?
Last post by Trying Again
2 Replies, 24 Views
Best thing to go with Gabapentin...
Last post by Neph96
0 Replies, 1 Views
Back on the Horse
Last post by renacer