Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Oxycodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 21-10-2009, 19:52
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Tempus950 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Cotton fever?

Today morning, SWIM prepared one 30mg roxi, crushed it up, mixed with water, and like an idiot used the cotton from the previous shot. Well, within 20 minutes of taking the shot, SWIM got the most intense chills he has ever experienced, and he was starting to get worried. Body started shaking uncontrollably, muscles started spasming, headache suddenly popped up, and no matter how many layers of warm material he wrapped himself with, he could not stop the intense shaking, spasming, cold. And he had to breathe like he was running a mile, nonstop. Thankfully he fell asleep within 30 minutes, to wake up 2 hours later, with a somewhat rapid heartbeat that has decreased, a steady but not so bad headache, and wondering what in the hell happened. SWIM adds that along with this, he tried a prep of poppy seed tea, made with lemon and warm water. This produced no effect whatsoever that he could make out, except that the chills and all the other symptoms followed shortly after. Does this sound like cotton fever to SWIYers or something else? The problem is compounded by the fact that SWIM's family has fever and cold too, but he has not come into contact with them or anything they use today. A slight fever was there which is gone now, the chills have dissapeared, but SWIM is wondering whether this is simply benign cotton fever or a sign of something else?
Old 21-10-2009, 20:11
R.I.P.

31 y/o Male from United States
dyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 8,663, Level: 13 Points: 8,663, Level: 13 Points: 8,663, Level: 13
Activity: 11.0% Activity: 11.0% Activity: 11.0%
Re: Cotton fever?

Yes that sounds exactly like cotton fever.

If available, most addicts will make up a clean shot right away and do it, which helps take the pain/discomfort away, but will still leave you feeling cold and sick (but able to deal with it better). This could have some OD danger, so anyone who considering doing that should be mindful.

Aside from a follow up clean shot, the best thing you can do to alleviate the pain/discomfort if it happens is go in a hot bath or shower. Besides going to the hospital if you want to be 100% safe of course.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Every post has added to my knowledge
Old 23-10-2009, 23:16
Silver Member

Male from Spain
RoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,391, Level: 8 Points: 3,391, Level: 8 Points: 3,391, Level: 8
Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7%

Swim was wandering:

Can you actually die from cotton fever?If so is it something quick or does it take days??
Old 24-10-2009, 16:10
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Tempus950 is learning how to become a psychonaut.

I believe you will not die from it, as one of the descriptions I found about it called it benign. But that is not to say that it does not cause a whole lot of pain and discomfort that makes you feel like you would rather be dead. A related condition that is meant to have similar symptoms, Sepsis, can be fatal. But cotton fever resolves itself without treatment within 24 hrs, Sepsis sticks with you.
Old 24-10-2009, 16:53
Palladium Member

28 y/o Male from Canada
I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.
Points: 1,362, Level: 5 Points: 1,362, Level: 5 Points: 1,362, Level: 5
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Swim had septsis and that indeed can be fatal. Swim knows that one very,very well, swim was only 22 years old when he got that and it almost killed him. After 19 days of ICU and a collapsed lung, he decided to retire. Doctors told him 60% of patients with septsis die. Mostly the elderly. They give potent anti-biotics that are so strong they burn, and for swim they burned so bad, they had to give him morphine and change his i.v location every 8 hrs in the hospital.

Swim has never heard of anyone dying from cotton fever. Although it is very scary when it happens the first time and one is pondering wheather they are going to die or not, since the onset is so fast. It can literally start within 15min after injection, but can sometimes take almost an hour to onset. Swim had cotton fever many, many times. He was so scared that he almost went to hospital the first time it happend, but a friend called him a "pussy" and informed him of what was happening. It is very uncomfortable to say the least. Swim layed in the corner next to his mothers hard wood stove and was still freezing cold, but the worst part was the headache from swims teeth chattering so hard. Most people who inject everyday all day will catch it at one point or another, when swim did, his friend called him a p***y and patted him on the back and said "congradulations, you popped your cherry" But this totally sucked donkey balls, and may be funny to swim now, but definately was no laughing matter at the time.

Share this on:

Tags
codeine administration, cotton fever, cotton reuse, cotton use, injecting, injecting dangers, injecting pills, injection