Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > Kratom
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 19-10-2009, 19:59
Drug Chemistry & Kratom

Male from Papua New Guinea
Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.
Points: 3,088, Level: 8 Points: 3,088, Level: 8 Points: 3,088, Level: 8
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Maeng Da Thai Kratom

Please add your experiences with Maeng Da Thai Kratom here. Please add dosage, route, and duration to the top of your post like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Example
Dosage: 3 gram
Route: Orally
Duration: 2 hours

When posting a experience, please describe:
  • body weight & gender
  • dose taken
  • route of administration
  • Setting: in what environment it was taken.
  • duration of main effects
  • main effects
  • side effects
  • after effects
  • rating of the experience
  • any other valuable information
Old 05-07-2012, 22:18

Male from United States
Twistedvision is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Re: Maeng Da Thai Kratom

I bought some from a local shop....it was a suspension oil with alkaloids in it. 9 grams liquid. I took all 9 grams at once. This stain is by far my favorite. It gave me a nice calming effect and made my body feel really loose. Only side effects I noticed was I got really tired once it wore off

Keep your vision twisted!
Old 18-07-2012, 05:09

32 y/o Male from USA - Ohio
gmonkeyq is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Please twistedvision, tell your friend to try and not to buy kratom from a local shop, they seem to over-price it terribly and not give you enough to get a good effect.

My pet slug/centipede-science-experiment takes about 7 grams a day via capsules. Maeng Da is the best he's found. He's a scrawny slug male, about 150 lbs., but he can handle his opiates. He used to get a relatively good euphoria, comparible to vicodin, from it but anymore he just takes it for pain relief and energy. The euphoria used to last a good hour or 3, and the energy/pain relieveing effects were good for an entire work day. Unfortunately his habit has gotten too expensive, and his unemployed trophy wife needs shoes, and hot fishnet leggings, so he keeps it under 7.5 grams a day, maybe if he can gather up the courage to stop for a while he can start over from scratch and regain the euphoria effects one day, but for now he does it to succeed at his workplace kind of like the movie "Limitless" except not near that potent.
But to make a long story short for kratom in general, I reccomend this natural herb!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good point about avoiding head shops
Old 04-10-2012, 22:03
Silver Member

Male from United States
Happy Camper is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1

Male 160lbs. I've taken TMD many times. It is the shit! The most stimulating, kick-ass form of kratom. For me it has some low-end bottom notes (but not as much as RVT). Think of an herbal speed-ball. It's also the most expensive strain out there.
Not as analgesic as Bali (or RVT for that matter), but still has some analgesic properties.

You already bumped an old thread on Maeng Da. Dont cross post.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:12

Male from United States
Nade2oh1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post
Male 160lbs. I've taken TMD many times. It is the shit! The most stimulating, kick-ass form of kratom. For me it has some low-end bottom notes (but not as much as RVT). Think of an herbal speed-ball. It's also the most expensive strain out there.
Not as analgesic as Bali (or RVT for that matter), but still has some analgesic properties.

Can you please elaborate on what "low-end bottom notes" means.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:29
Silver Member

Male from United States

Sorry, I'll try to be more detailed. Maeng-Da is known for it's strong stimulating properties, in relation to other kratom strains (like Bali). However, it also has some analgesic (narcotic, pain-killing properties), especially in higher amounts. In higher amounts, not only is it more intense, the more the narco properties come out, especially after the peak aroma.
You gotta watch how much you use though, because eye wobbles and nausea can set in (they suck!)with strong kratom strains.
Old 26-11-2012, 04:59

25 y/o Male from Canada
Legalhighbyby should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

My first experience with this strain was super euphoric for a duration of 4 hours/ I took about a tablespoon of it.

The only problem that was disappointing was the second day I toke another dose of the same amount with not nearly as much euphoria. Just more of a warm body buzz that lasted about 4 hours. Which was disappointing

My guess is tolerance builds very fast or could be the fact that I got my stuff from a head shop.
Old 27-11-2012, 06:19

Male from United States
AcegoesRAWR is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Dosage: 10g of Maeng Da Thai, powdered
Route / intake method: Toss and wash [oral]
Duration: ~2 and a half hours
body weight & gender: ~130lbs, Male
Setting: My room. listening to music.
duration of main effects: ~1 hour
main effects: euphoria, energy,
side effects: nausea, nodding off, lots of pee breaks
after effects: sedation,
rating of the experience: 8/10

Timeline
Quote:
T:0:00- Finally! I’m so glad that I have a chance to sit down and write a Maeng Da Thai Kratom review! Been a pretty hectic day and I’m a bit put off by other people. I’m hoping with this dosage [source removed] will help my worries disperse…

T:0:05- ~10grams [four teaspoons, 5ml each] down now. Hopefully it doesn’t take an eternity to peak. I just want to feel better right away because my back is killing me!

T:0:11- A shiver just went up my spine and I could feel the pain slowly evaporate. This is amazing! I’m still not in the best of moods, but this is definitely a pleasant start.

T:0:15- Haha, I just complimented myself internally about something nice that I did today. Then, I proceeded to make this odd half-smiling face for a minute and replay the moment again. Confidence boost! A little happier now, but only slightly more.

T:0:24- Holy crap, this is the first time in this Maeng Da Thai Kratom experience that I realized that my vision is now in HD! Everything just looks so much more defined! I sense that there is emptiness within’ the things around me. Odd sensation really, but not unpleasant.

T:0:46- Yeah. I’m feeling it, most definitely. The music stopped… and it scared me that it was over! Hahaha, that was quite hilarious to me right now. Going to say the euphoria is here, now! I’m smiling about everything.

T:1:03- I sort of ‘nodded off’. For a second I wasn’t thinking about anything, but I was just staring into space. Not a horrible side-effect, but it felt weird. By the way, I’ve peed about three times since I started writing this Maeng Da Thai Kratom review and that is definitely more than usual!

T:1:06- Had a bout of nausea for a second there. Didn’t puke or anything, but was sick to my stomach and had to breathe deeply to keep the vomit from coming up. Still feel it, but I’m not on the verge of puking. It’s at a tolerable level and I feel pretty damn good.

T:1:24- I feel absolutely content zoning out on some Metallica while I enjoy the euphoric buzz. Skunk Ape Kratom did a great job on the Erawan and I’m pretty grateful for this moment.

T:1:32- Haha! I just stubbed my toe as I was pacing my room in the jamming mode. This is hilarious to me! I’m a wee bit hungry now, but in the mood to dance around my room and play air guitar instead!

T:1:58- Well, I just sat down with the intention of finding something to watch. I’m still feeling it a bit, but the euphoria seems pretty far gone. Not to mention, me and my body are getting pretty sleepy. This is how I know the Kratom is wearing off. It was such a fun ride! Thanks for joining me on this Maeng Da Thai Kratom experience!

Effects began to peak at T:0:46 and tapered off at T:1:58!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalhighbyby View Post
My guess is tolerance builds very fast or could be the fact that I got my stuff from a head shop.
Don't buy Kratom from head shops. Ever.

AcegoesRAWR added 2 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

^ Forgot to edit it out some references to sources/brand of the Kratom. Feel free to censor them, because I can't. :/

Last edited by MrG; 30-11-2012 at 10:18. Reason: Source removal
Old 27-11-2012, 12:26
ianzombie ianzombie is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,867, Level: 21 Points: 21,867, Level: 21 Points: 21,867, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcegoesRAWR View Post
Don't buy Kratom from head shops. Ever.

^ Forgot to edit it out some references to sources/brand of the Kratom. Feel free to censor them, because I can't. :/
Or from flashy internet sites that sell kratom in packaging that resembles those used for research chemicals (bath salts) and that have to resort to ridiculous names to get people to buy their overpriced products.

You need to report your posts when you make a mistake, until you get the edit function yourself, which will happen if you make it to silver level, although breaking the rules will prevent that from happening.
Report by going to the top right hand corner of the post and clicking (!) and asking a moderator to delete it.

BTW 4 teaspoons could easily be a lot more than 10 grams.
You need to use a digital scale to measure your kratom.

10 grams is also a massive and completly unnecessary amount to take, unless you have a huge tolerance, opiate tolerance or the kratom is just pretty weak.
Old 29-11-2012, 02:26
Silver Member

Male from United States
seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.
Points: 1,536, Level: 5 Points: 1,536, Level: 5 Points: 1,536, Level: 5
Activity: 13.8% Activity: 13.8% Activity: 13.8%

Got a new batch of Maeng Da today, it has a much richer flavor than the previous batch. Mixed 3.7 g of Maeng Da with 6.5 g of Bali. The Bali is an old batch that I found in the back of my drawer, it's relatively tasteless and less potent than fresh Bali. Seems like the Maeng Da is potent enough to overcome the weakness of the Bali, above average effects tonight, drifting in and out of consciousness a bit and I only took it 1.5 hours ago and have eaten alot since then. This is certainly on par with if not better than the high achievable via poppy seed tea or hydrocodone.

I always mix my Maeng Da with Bali since Maeng Da lacks the stimulation effects and perhaps other things (at least my batch does), Bali really rounds out the experience. At the same time Maeng Da really rounds out the experience too since it induces euphoria and nodding moreso than Bali.

Last edited by seaturtle; 29-11-2012 at 02:32.
Old 30-11-2012, 04:51

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianzombie View Post
You need to report your posts when you make a mistake, until you get the edit function yourself, which will happen if you make it to silver level, although breaking the rules will prevent that from happening.
Report by going to the top right hand corner of the post and clicking (!) and asking a moderator to delete it.

BTW 4 teaspoons could easily be a lot more than 10 grams.
You need to use a digital scale to measure your kratom.

10 grams is also a massive and completly unnecessary amount to take, unless you have a huge tolerance, opiate tolerance or the kratom is just pretty weak.
Thanks for the info, Ian.
I do realize that a digital scale is preferred and I have ordered a decent one from online to make sure people know how much is being taken.
10grams is massive? Still relatively new to the Kratom world, but enjoying the learning portion. Is 2g of Super Enhanced Maeng Da a massive dose? Taking it with toast.

Oh, and I reported the post. <3
Old 30-11-2012, 05:12
Silver Member

44 y/o Male from USA - Massachusetts
profesor is on the way upprofesor is on the way upprofesor is on the way up

Quote:
10grams is massive?
Depends on your opiate tolerance and how often you do this. As a once a month dose, 10 grams sounds reasonable to me. If taking it regularly, that amount is going to push your tolerance up unnecessarily.
I've been advised that 'enhanced' versions are not worth the price. I haven't done much after trying one order, I think I would do about 2-3 grams. Enhanced versions are more powerful, but not that much more powerful.
Old 30-11-2012, 05:46

Male from United States

I'll let you know if anything happens as a result of the Enhanced Maeng Da Thai.

Not really one to use Kratom regularly. Mostly going for maximum effects at the time of dosage.
Old 30-11-2012, 10:08

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute

Quote:
Is 2g of Super Enhanced Maeng Da a massive dose? Taking it with toast
Yes, for anyone without tolerance it is.
Enhanced products can be very potent. Start with 1 gram to judge how strong it is.

Quote:
I've been advised that 'enhanced' versions are not worth the price. I haven't done much after trying one order, I think I would do about 2-3 grams. Enhanced versions are more powerful, but not that much more powerful
They might not be worth the price but that does not mean they are not strong.
2-3 grams of UEI would be more than enough to put most people new to kratom on their back. UEMD could be stronger again.

I would advise avoiding these enhance products. They will raise your tolerance, making regular leaf useless in regular doses. There are plenty of reports from people who got into habits with UEI and other powerful enhanced kratom and the addiction is expensive and the withdrawals are nasty.

As a treat once every now and then they are fine, but be very careful.
Old 01-12-2012, 17:39

Male from United States

Thanks for the information, ianzombie! [love your name btw, but that's unrelated]

I'd like to say that I came to a realization that the Super Enhanced Maeng Dai was useless for me.
A happy void occured, but the vendor was kind enough to mail more to me.

UEI's are definitely not worth the price, but I had to see what it was all about and I'm writing something up for this thread now.
The experiences seem very impressed and and predominantly positive. We'll see.

Kratom withdrawals are terrible. You could compare it to the worst alcohol hangover ever: puking for a whole day, can't keep anything down, dry heaves all around, and your heavy head refuses to remedy the incessant pounding. Just because it's legal to purchase does not mean that it is to be abused!

A treat; not as a habitual occurrence, but a reward for something special.
Old 10-05-2013, 21:35
Silver Member

20 y/o Male from United States
NovaEra is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1

Dose: 6 grams (tea)
+2h 1 Gram eaten
+4h 7 Grams (Tea)
Weight: 215 lbs/97.5 kG

My pet unicorn just received this TMD Kratom today, and as soon as she got it, she used her unicorn magic to brew it into a tea in some Acidulated water, approximately 2 cups. She let it simmer for 10 minutes, then steep for another 10 before drinking it over a period of 10 minutes.

Within 20 minutes of the first cup, she felt the effects hit her like a freight train. She couldn't stop smiling, and music sounded so much wider to her. She also felt more comfortable talking to her family members (Who knows she's done various chems in the past), who were oddly accepting of it. She went back into her room, then listened to some Infected Mushroom as the slight speediness faded into a nice body buzz, lasting about an hour.

She then redosed an hour later with one gram of loose leaf TMD stirred into some applesauce. She got a little speedy effect but was nice and chill. After a while she decided to go and make a nice 7 gram pint of tea, and she's working on finishing it up now, and planning on drinking the grounds with the brew, as she has a strong stomach and can handle rough stuff (She once ate 28 of those Mucinex with 1200 mgs of the Guaifenesin in it and didn't even get nauseous). She is coming up on the next dose, a warmth spreading throughout her. Stay tuned for more info down the line~

Good experience report. Thanks for sharing.
Old 19-07-2013, 17:24

31 y/o Male from United States
pillsner is an unknown quantity at this point
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

My parrot just ordered his superior maeng da and he won't shut up about it...can't wait till it gets here I'll observe him and post how he feels..he heard the superiors maengda was stronger than normal..its genetically engineered.
Old 19-07-2013, 18:03

38 y/o Male from Ireland

Its not genetically engineered, thats just silly lol.
Vendors make all sorts of silly claims.
I would advise people to avoid vendors that come up with nonsense like that and who sell their kratom with silly names like 'superior' or 'Super'

Unless your vendor has lab reports showing that the exact batch you bought has higher than usual alkaloids then take their claims with a pinch of salt.

You should have a read of the guide to buying kratom at the top of this forum.

Welcome to the site BTW

Last edited by ianzombie; 19-07-2013 at 18:12.
Old 22-08-2013, 02:31

24 y/o Male from United States
JayKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Is there a difference between "Thai maeng Da" and just plain old "Maeng Da" kratom?

An order of Thai maeng da just came and I notice it is a lot weaker than the Maeng Da I had previously. Note that my previous maeng da kratom did not have "thai" on the label. I'm wondering if it is really just "thai kratom" (dubbed the poor mans Maeng Da.) that I purchased.
Old 26-08-2013, 17:04
Silver Member

39 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Amazing Jeans is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1
Activity: 4.0% Activity: 4.0% Activity: 4.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKid View Post
Is there a difference between "Thai maeng Da" and just plain old "Maeng Da" kratom?

An order of Thai maeng da just came and I notice it is a lot weaker than the Maeng Da I had previously. Note that my previous maeng da kratom did not have "thai" on the label. I'm wondering if it is really just "thai kratom" (dubbed the poor mans Maeng Da.) that I purchased.
It could be down to you having a higher tolerance now. Maybe take a break for a week or so.
Old 26-08-2013, 17:30
Silver Member

Male from United States

I'd say 90% of the Maeng Da out there is Thai. However, there is also Malaysian Maeng Da, which of course is different. I've had both.
Maeng Da gets it's name from the broad, spike-tipped leaves. No matter how potent a strain is, if the leaves don't have these features, it's not true Maeng Da.
Also, all kratom regardless of strain can vary widely between vendors, and even batches from the same vendor.
I've had Thai MD that was twice as strong as other vendor's TMD. The same thing goes for Bali, etc.

on what grounds do you say this? where is this 90% figure coming from?

Last edited by Happy Camper; 26-08-2013 at 17:46.
Old 26-08-2013, 18:52

38 y/o Male from Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post
Maeng Da gets it's name from the broad, spike-tipped leaves. No matter how potent a strain is, if the leaves don't have these features, it's not true Maeng Da..
Thats not really true.
Maeng da is mostly a blend of two strains (red and green veined thai), mixed by vendors and the leaves are just the same as regular leaves as that is what they are, only they have high concentrations of alkaloids.
The spiked/horned leaves are just an anomaly that occurs in about 1 in every thousand threes. (estimated by vendors working in Thailand and other regions, but mostly TL)
Some trees grow only spiked leaves, some grow a mixture of both.

The whole thing about spiked leaves being maeng da is mostly just vendor nonsense. They do however look nice
There would not be enough of the horned leaf to actually cover the amount of what is sold as Maeng da if it was only that variety.
It might be that one specific maeng da (there are a lot of different maeng da) is only made from these leaves, but most of what sells as maeng da is a blend.

The same thing happens with bali. Bali kratom is mostly borneo kratom, several other types of bali are blends of different bali kratom in different ratios that are sold as certain types of bali 'X bali, y bali, z bali' etc

Share this on:

Tags
kratom, kratom experiences, maeng da thai kratom