Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Tobacco
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 12-10-2009, 22:17
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from Canada
nitrogen is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 178, Level: 2 Points: 178, Level: 2 Points: 178, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
when did you have your first cigarette?

when i had my first puffs i couldnt' smoke the whole thing, i was young in grade8 and it was like a drug, total intoxication it was fun it felt like a huge head rush haha

i smoked it for the rush since it was like a real narcotic to me until well i got addicted, doh!
Old 12-10-2009, 22:42
Silver Member

Male from France
Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,177, Level: 5 Points: 1,177, Level: 5 Points: 1,177, Level: 5
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: when did you have your first cigarette?

I'm ashamed to say 11 or 12, smoked for a year; quit, restarted @ 16 and quit again @ 18. SWIM smokes about 2 wine black n milds a month now, that's it.

Second hand smoke is repulsive.
Old 12-10-2009, 23:58
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from Canada

wow good for you, i smoke about 5-7 smokes a day
Old 13-10-2009, 02:34
R.I.P.

31 y/o Male from United States
dyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 8,663, Level: 13 Points: 8,663, Level: 13 Points: 8,663, Level: 13
Activity: 11.0% Activity: 11.0% Activity: 11.0%

Ehh, like 8-9 years old. SWIM was smoking every day by the time he was 12, and a pack of Newports a day by age 14 (his dad would buy him cigs). SWIM quit at age 18, and just started smoking again last April at his last rehab. Back up to a pack a day.
Old 15-10-2009, 12:20

34 y/o Male from Australia
High Flyer is an unknown quantity at this point

My walrus had his first cigarette at 13 and he coughed it. He started at 15, quit at 17, started again at 19, quit at 24 and started again at 28.

It's been an on-off affair with my walrus.
Old 15-10-2009, 16:56
Banned

45 y/o Female from England
bananaskin really knows their shit.bananaskin really knows their shit.bananaskin really knows their shit.bananaskin really knows their shit.bananaskin really knows their shit.bananaskin really knows their shit.bananaskin really knows their shit.bananaskin really knows their shit.bananaskin really knows their shit.
Points: 5,097, Level: 10 Points: 5,097, Level: 10 Points: 5,097, Level: 10
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My friend was 16, she started out of rebelliousness.
She smoked up to 30 a day on a bad day for 24 years, apart from occasional enforced abstinance until she quit age 37 for 4 1/2 months.
She quit again age 40 and apart from occasional cigs she has gone 8 months up to now.
She knows the addiction better now and is a much stronger position.

All the very best wishes to those who are quitting, have quit or are cutting back... and to the smokers too!

Oh P.S. ... The previous thread has some very valuable information in it to help those who are looking to quit smokin'.

Last edited by bananaskin; 29-10-2009 at 15:03. Reason: P.S. and stupidness like forgetting how to spell.
Old 15-10-2009, 18:09
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

24 y/o Male from United States
Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 493, Level: 3 Points: 493, Level: 3 Points: 493, Level: 3

18 while drunk in a club. Since SWIM's grandfather died of lung cancer, being a heavy smoker... SWIM never had a sober desire to do it.

But the combination of alcohol and nicotine is intensely euphoric, as I'm positive you all know... so then SWIM tried combining it with other psychoactives: cannabis, amphetamines, cocaine, and even coffee.

Now, as he's cleaned up his act (for the most part), he just smokes socially or when drunk.
Old 16-10-2009, 12:00

Male
DruggyWuggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1

SWIM smoked for the first time when he was 13. SWIM has been smoking occasionally since that.

About smoking and drinking. When SWIM is drunk and he smokes a cigarette, he starts feeling the alcohol intoxication fading while smoking. He wonders could it be because nicotine is a stimulant and alcohol is a depressant or is it just something psychological? SWIM also wants to ask, does someone else feel smoking reducing drunkenness?
Old 16-10-2009, 14:52
Silver Member

39 y/o Male from United States
Mista-enigma is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1

At 14 Swim used to wait for Pops to flick out his Winstons and would pick em up and finish them off.At 15 Swim started to smoke his own.Since then Swim has qiut a couple of times but always starts back up.
Old 16-10-2009, 20:54
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruggyWuggy View Post
SWIM smoked for the first time when he was 13. SWIM has been smoking occasionally since that.

About smoking and drinking. When SWIM is drunk and he smokes a cigarette, he starts feeling the alcohol intoxication fading while smoking. He wonders could it be because nicotine is a stimulant and alcohol is a depressant or is it just something psychological? SWIM also wants to ask, does someone else feel smoking reducing drunkenness?
swim never had this happen, but maybe its that swiy is being relaxed and just thinks the alcohol effect is fading? i don't know but are you sure that's what your feeling? hmm i tried
Old 16-10-2009, 21:33
Gold Member

Male from Earth
Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,505, Level: 5 Points: 1,505, Level: 5 Points: 1,505, Level: 5

Me ole mucker Billy Smarts had his first cigarette when he was around 9 years old (crazy ), stole em off his aunt and smoked those bad boys with his best friend. Oh man, they thought they were so cool Didn't get into it properly until he was 11-12.

Ever since then, they've been involved in an intense love/hate relationship.
Old 20-10-2009, 00:39

26 y/o Male
Fireman_Sam is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

SWIM had his first ciggie when he was 11 or 12.. but didn't actually start until he was 15/16. SWIM thinks psychologically that he was intrigued by tobacco when he had to deliver a cigarette from someone to someone and put it in his own mouth whilst transporting it when he was about 10. he remembers this, and feels this is where the curiosity started!
Old 22-10-2009, 02:49

Male
CAPOCHINO is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

I smoke first when I was 10 and did it a couple time a month till 12, and then quit. It's a bad habit. One of the worst drugs along with alcohol and heroin.
Old 22-10-2009, 07:40

26 y/o Male
Diabolic is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

SWIM smoked his first cigarette when he was 15. The first couple times SWIM didn't know about inhaling the smoke and simply puffed it. The first time SWIM inhaled the smoke is a moment he will never forget; he remembers thinking to himself, "So that's why people smoke cigarettes!"

Unfortunately SWIM will never achieve that first buzz feeling again yet still avidly smokes despite awareness that it is unhealthy.
Old 22-10-2009, 17:41
Silver Member

Female from United States
ScorpioSunshine is a decent psychonaut.ScorpioSunshine is a decent psychonaut.

Swim tried her first cigarette at a pretty young age (12??), didn't like it and ended up getting caught and hating it even more.

At 17 she would smoke while drinking ...which was pretty rare, and everyone would warn her that she would soon find herself smoking when she wasn't drinking. Swim didn't believe that, because smoking is gross to her, and only seemed palatable when she was intoxicated.

Swim did end up smoking. Then Swim quit for many years, and only recently started back. Swim is a light smoker -- about 1/4 a pack or so a day, sometimes more, mostly less.

Swim finds cigarette smoking disgusting. She cannot stand the smell of it ...hates smelling it on her clothes, and does not ever smoke in her house.

When she quit, smelling it on other people was so foul, Swim would choke. She can barely tolerate it now, even though she does indulge. For Swim, it's more psychological than physical.

Swim will quit again, as she really doesn't smoke much and pretty much sees no point in it. Swim doesn't want to be carrying around an oxygen tank and likes breathing. :=)

Swim would say of all the things she has done, smoking has been the worst regret, hands down. It's the one habit/addiction that has gripped swim like no other.
Old 22-11-2009, 09:32

24 y/o Male
jesuislapiped'unauteur is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

SWIM started smoking at 16 at a party - SWIM still smokes occasionally while drunk. SWIM finds that smoking while drunk calm him down and sharpens him up a bit - hence smoking after sex
Old 02-12-2009, 15:53
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from USA - Massachusetts
Sickpeache is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1

Like a few others, swim tried her first cigarette at 9. She smoke a few cigarettes between 9-12. When she was 12 she started stealing them from family members now and then. She started smoking frequently at about 14 or 15, and by 16 she was a daily smoker
Old 02-12-2009, 16:02
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,833, Level: 21 Points: 21,833, Level: 21 Points: 21,833, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Swim was about 13 or 14 and he bought a packet of 10 cigarettes and a box of matches for a pound, which tells you how long ago that was.
Swim and his friend smoked a single cigarette around the back of the local church, i think the packet lasted us about a week.
Swim didn't start smoking proper until he was about 16 but he stuck to the same brand he had first smoked (Carolls) and still smokes them to this day.
Swim can go without a cigarette for several days without much bother but has never been able (or maybe never wanted) to give them up completely.
Old 02-12-2009, 16:03

25 y/o Male from United States
Sugar1 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Swim would have to say 12 , but has never been addicted to nicotine . Just has an occasionl square every now and then.
Old 04-12-2009, 22:54
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15

SIK smoked for the first time at age 8 or 9 by nicking cigarettes from various family members - SIK's home was about 6 doors down from SIK's grandparents' home, so there were lots of occasions & family members to facilitate this! SIK's mother sent SIK to the store one day to purchase her a pack of smokes (you know this must have been some time ago, for 'they're for my mom' to be enough to sell to a minor!); atfer this SIK used money earned from a paper route to purchase their own pack, which would last SIK a week (sometimes a little less). This went on for a few years; SIK became a pack-a-day smoker somewhere around 16 years of age (and though SIK was living alone by then, it became harder to get cigarettes at this time).

~Kailey
Old 04-12-2009, 23:07
Silver Member

29 y/o Female from Canada
Rin_Weh is captain of the psychonauts.Rin_Weh is captain of the psychonauts.Rin_Weh is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 456, Level: 3 Points: 456, Level: 3 Points: 456, Level: 3

I was 15. It was a Players cigarette in Zeller's ( hello fellow Canadians) parking lot with my bestfriend. Her smoke.
I became a pack-a-dayer when I was stressed,alone and 16, du Maurier, king sized
Now I get mine from the Native reserve.

Oh, memories....
Old 07-12-2009, 13:25
Silver Member

23 y/o Female from United Kingdom
[tanarilla.] is on the way up[tanarilla.] is on the way up[tanarilla.] is on the way up
Points: 1,004, Level: 4 Points: 1,004, Level: 4 Points: 1,004, Level: 4

My bunny tired it first when she was 13, quit 6 months later. Started again at 16, quit again 3 months later. Started again at 17, then quit 3 months later again. Between those times, she would occasionally have a few. Now she just smokes shisha.
Old 07-12-2009, 21:17

33 y/o Male from United Kingdom
adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,802, Level: 6 Points: 1,802, Level: 6 Points: 1,802, Level: 6

swims first smoke was age 8 taking them from mum every now and then. started smoking every day at 11. then when swim was going clubbing all weekend they could smoke 200 between saterday night and monday lunch time. which is wrong. now they smoke 20-40 a day. would probably smoke more if could still smoke in public places plus if they where not so exspencive. when i go on holiday i smoke 80 a day manly because of how much cheeper they are plus being able to smoke indoors ect. i also have no wish to give up and don't think i ever will tbh!
Old 11-12-2009, 03:16
Silver Member

Male from Canada
b.yond is a decent psychonaut.

for swim must have been grade 10 or 11 a friend had just started smoking swim being all "cool" and all asked for one and said he had smoked before. many many moons passed and he's on day 3 of no cigarettes from up to 30 a day. go swim!!! cravings are a bitch, but health and wealth are an epic WIN
Old 11-12-2009, 03:34
Palladium Member

28 y/o Male from Canada
I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.
Points: 1,362, Level: 5 Points: 1,362, Level: 5 Points: 1,362, Level: 5
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

I bitched and moaned about my mother smoking through my whole teenage years. Then at 19 I started smoking. She has since quit, and now bitches at me.

SWIM tryed his first cigarette while doing cocaine. His friend led him to believe that "it goes so good with a line man" and SWIM said what the hell. Pretty shitty way to start. SWIM should of known. SWIM gets addicted to anything that makes him feel good. Funny though, cigarettes are just maintainance now.

Share this on:

Tags
addicted, alcohol, cigarette, cigarettes, coming down, drug, drugs, drugs-forum, drunk, first cigarette, nicotiana, nicotine, stole, tobacco, weed