Register Tags

Notices

Old 12-10-2009, 01:16

34 y/o Male from USA - New Jersey
Mboy613 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Injecting Fentanyl

Ok swim has a 100mcg Fentanyl patch and put it on but swim dosnt like it dosnt do much for her so shes been reading up and wants to inject but she needs to know eaxctly what to do..Should she just take a little bit of the liquid out mix with water burn suck through filter in needle and inject? Swim has a high opiate tolerence ie..Can shot 3 80mg oxycotins and only have a little buzz.

Mboy613 added 213 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

im going to bump this swim dosnt want to inject anything before he finds out exactly how much should be used and exactly how it should be done

Last edited by Mboy613; 12-10-2009 at 01:16. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 13-10-2009, 02:26
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
Lan44don is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Re: Injecting Fentanyl

Swim agrees that due to fentanyl's strength and inability to know exactly what amount is to be injected, swim thinks it would not be a good idea until more information is gathered. But Swim may still be of some help from Swim's experience, you can squeeze the gel on a square piece of tin foil and smoke. High is great, a lot better then just being on your arm, and it does last quite a while, due to Swim's experience not 2 hours ago.
Old 16-10-2009, 00:20

34 y/o Male from USA - New Jersey
Mboy613 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1

I guess swims toleranceis hig because he ate pretty much the whole100mcg patch and he didnt feel to buzzed than the next day swim squeesed the jell intoa spoon cooked it filtered it and injected it andstill didnt feel to much..I guess wimstolerance is just way to high
Old 16-10-2009, 13:56
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 14,965, Level: 17 Points: 14,965, Level: 17 Points: 14,965, Level: 17
Activity: 17.2% Activity: 17.2% Activity: 17.2%

SWIY is talking about a substance that is supposed to be used as a slow release pain med being injected, at a dose he has no idea of?
How does that sound to SWIY?
To be honest, it sounds like an insane idea. If you're looking to OD, as opposed to getting high, it's a great idea.
Don't inject substances without knowing the strength or effect, it's extremely dangerous. Sparkles thinks the OP should look at other ways to use the patches.
Stay safe.
Sparkles.

Post Quality Evaluations:
very, very sound advice, very good harm reduction post

Last edited by missparkles; 16-10-2009 at 14:15. Reason: bloody typo innit? ;-)
Old 16-10-2009, 15:08
Silver Member

Male from United States
thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,072, Level: 5 Points: 1,072, Level: 5 Points: 1,072, Level: 5

If ya use the serch engine ya can find a post thebige posted along time ago on how to extract fent from gell and non-gell patches the extracted product is what ya would want to use........
Swim dosen't recomend this,but junkies are gonna do what junkies are gonna do........so please learn about what ya are planning to do,and the pros and cons.
Swims time as a paramedic has taught him that some things aren't worth doing..........
But he is not here to tell war stories
be safe thebige

Last edited by thebige; 16-10-2009 at 15:56.
Old 16-10-2009, 16:03
Palladium Member

27 y/o Male from Canada
I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.
Points: 1,362, Level: 5 Points: 1,362, Level: 5 Points: 1,362, Level: 5
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Im just throwing my friend of a friends advice in, according to him, he has read that injecting fentanyl is asking for an overdose. He has read that many users have injected heroin cut containing fentanyl and died. He thinks this idea should be abandoned, but as thebige said, swiy is going to do what swiy is going to do. Please use caution. Judging by a poll of the audience so far, Swim says this is thus far deemed, un safe and a bad idea. Just be careful.

Swim might as well give some info, though he hates to.
The fentanyl gel can be put on a plate, then dried, takes 3-6 hours though. The gel $will turn into small crystals. These crystals can then be snorted, smoked or put in whatever suits swiys fancy, cooked, injected, HOWEVER, unless swiy has access to a high quality microgram scale, which swim is sure swiy doesn't, swiy is risking, treading into serious blue lip territory. Okay, swims gf is a nurse, she is telling swim right now that when people go in for surgery, 80-100ug of fentanyl is used before hand. So, lets say its the patch that releases 50ug per hour, and is good for 72 hours, swiy would be using roughly 3400-3600 ug at once. Swim will put it this way, 50-100mcg is an anaesthetic dose for surgury. Keep in mind this is in a hospital, controlled environment, where they have opiate antagonist handy. Point being, this is a horible idea. A normal ampule of fentanyl is 0.05mg/ml. Swim is only giving this information for informational purpose only, and does NOT condone injecting a fentanyl patch.

There is a really fine line for error here.
Just to add, swim was a very heavy opiate user, 96mg of hydromorphone iv for breakfast everyday, and swim was never afraid of much when it came to opiates, but swim is afraid of fentanyl. To much room for error.

Last edited by I_8_my yellow crayon; 16-10-2009 at 16:08. Reason: Added info
Old 16-10-2009, 16:45
Silver Member

Male from United States
thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,072, Level: 5 Points: 1,072, Level: 5 Points: 1,072, Level: 5

Swim has been prescribed Fent in the past and it is a hell of a drug to come off of.........
The problem swim thinks with fent and the high(or the abuse of the drug) is that the high seems to be very close to the level of a possible overdose and shutting down the respiratory system.......
Swim would say it is extremely easy for even a experinced user to redose and cross that line.......

Swim will add on that for someone that has never worn a patch before that a patch will relese through your skin over the corse of three days,and if a patch is put on in the AM the effects might not be felt until that night of the first day,the second day the effects will be felt at their fullest,and on the third day the effects will slowly taper.....
at that point a person useing the patch for pain control would replace the patch and try to keep a effective level of pain relief
Placing something like a heating pad over the patch would relese the fent quicker and effects can be felt quicker.....
but for a person using it for the first time they have to understand that it is a slow 3 day relese and shouldn't really expect results until day 2.....not after wearing the thing for 2 hours

Last edited by thebige; 16-10-2009 at 18:29. Reason: spelling
Old 16-10-2009, 17:48
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

40 y/o Male
AvonBarksdale is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1

This is scary stuff yo,

like bige said, this is one of those opiates that isn't really euphoric in the sense swim knows about unless someone has four or ten patches on them (swim doesn't recommend that)

Swim knew a guy in college who OD'd and died the first time he shot up fentanyl, this was after putting the patch on and "feeeling nothing..."

Please be safe and take care, today is not a good one to get dead.

Respect
AB

Share this on:

Tags
drug, fentanyl, fentanyl iv, fentanyl patches, inject fentanyl, injecting, intravenous fentanyl, iv fentanyl, opiate tolerance, overdose, oxycodone, shooting fentanyl