Register Tags

Notices

Kava-Kava Piper methysticum

Old 08-10-2009, 11:45

Male from United Kingdom
SomeDays is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
When someone is taking Kava for the first time...

Why does it take a couple of times before the effects are felt, what need to happen in the body?

Also, how long after consuming Kava will SWIM have to wait before he should feel anything?

Old 09-10-2009, 08:39
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Earth
Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.
Re: When someone is taking Kava for the first time...

Some people say you need to try Kava a couple of times to get a good hit, possibly vendors ensuring a couple of repeat sales

Perhaps the Kavalactones build up in ones system with repeated use?

People sometimes say the same of weed and salvia, but swim felt good effects from all three on his first try. Perhaps one just becomes used to the more subtle effects after a few try's, things that could be written off as placebo the first time around.

As for time to feel effects, swim feels an instant relaxation with the first gulp, with the rest of the effects coming on throughout drinking and up to about 1/2 hour afterward.

You can always drink some more to increase or recharge the effects. Also, to obtain best effects gulp (don,t sip) high quality kava on an empty stomach.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:16

Male from United Kingdom

Thanks for your reply!

I guess swim just has to keep drinking it until he really feel the effects.

Last edited by Benga; 10-10-2009 at 20:26.
Old 10-10-2009, 17:41
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,301, Level: 20 Points: 19,301, Level: 20 Points: 19,301, Level: 20
Activity: 59.3% Activity: 59.3% Activity: 59.3%

nope... someone else should do that, not you. You can report your post to the mods and ask them to clean up you're minor blunder of self incrimination.

There doesn't seem to be a dangerous amount of kava-kava, an old associate of mine once spent an entire night drinking large bowls of the stuff in Polynesia with a bunch of old ladies, quarts and liters of the stuff went down. Did mention a bit of a hangover and the peeing was obnoxious. If the kava is being prepared with milk, that is going to cause more troubles then the kava (depending on the patient's digestive track and lactose tolerance) If one of them new fangled concentrated extracts is being used... be careful, those might make it possible to get too much into the system.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:22

Male from United Kingdom

Thanks for your reply Potter.

SWIM tried the double dose of Kava today but he forgot to add a double amount of water so the Kava got really strong and SWIM finally felt the effect of Kava and he likes it. He's going to order from another vendor next time, he doesn't think the cheap Kava he picked up this time was that good.
Old 11-10-2009, 17:34

Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute

The best Kava-kava is supposed to come from the island of Vauntu(sp), where they have strict laws on what's to be labeled as "Vauntu Kava-kava" such as the root needing to be a minimum of 6 years old and other such quality controls.
Old 24-03-2010, 04:14

Male
Wangjinxi is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Does anyone know anyone who has been to Vanuatu? SWIM is travelling there this week to try Kava-Kava for the first time and they needed some advice on how much to take, effects of different amounts and how long it takes to wear off. If anyone has any helpful info, this person would appreciate it seeing as i couldn't assist with his enquiry.
Old 24-03-2010, 13:41

I would suspect the best person to talk to would be the guy serving the stuff on the island.
Old 30-03-2010, 02:25
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
zornthro is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 86, Level: 1 Points: 86, Level: 1 Points: 86, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter View Post
The best Kava-kava is supposed to come from the island of Vauntu(sp), where they have strict laws on what's to be labeled as "Vauntu Kava-kava" such as the root needing to be a minimum of 6 years old and other such quality controls.
While I highly respect Vanuatu I think it's a bit over the top to claim that only the best kava comes from there. The most potent kava SWIM ever drank came from papua new guinea. Grown organically just like in vanuatu. I think the difference is the number of "lateral roots" in the beverage. In vanuatu, laws dictate that kava has to be pure lateral roots whereas kava bought elsewhere doesn't necessarily have to follow that standard. Some do, and some don't.

I guess it's probably good advice for a first time user to find a source in vanuatu (given their quality controls) but feel free to shop around .

zornthro added 4 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wangjinxi View Post
Does anyone know anyone who has been to Vanuatu? SWIM is travelling there this week to try Kava-Kava for the first time and they needed some advice on how much to take, effects of different amounts and how long it takes to wear off. If anyone has any helpful info, this person would appreciate it seeing as i couldn't assist with his enquiry.
It depends on the kava you're drinking. I don't know how popular this strain actually is but if they mention "tu day" some of the effects might be present the next morning. Some people refer to it as a hangover, depending on how you interpret it. Tu day is a bit more sedating than other kavas.

Is SWIY learning vanuatuan? It seems like a cool language and might be easy for an english speaker to pick up.

Last edited by zornthro; 30-03-2010 at 02:25. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 25-06-2010, 21:57

Male
Wangjinxi is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Vanuatu is a cool place, as is their Kava. The rubber legged feeling that waves over you as you sift through the dark hoping that your rapidly decreasing strength will carry you to your lodgings.
my pet found it to be safe, friendly and full of informative and helpful staff/owners. he'd reccomend a holiday to anyone who has been thinking about it. Just don't russian roulette it on the malaria jab like he did.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Do not self-incriminate. Kava-kava is illegal in many localities. Tell us about a friend or your pet purple penguin. Read the Site Rules.

Last edited by Benga; 27-06-2010 at 11:53.
Old 03-07-2010, 15:35
Banned

Male
Johnnynapples is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDays View Post
Why does it take a couple of times before the effects are felt, what need to happen in the body?

Also, how long after consuming Kava will SWIM have to wait before he should feel anything?

Jack the ripper who likes to rip paper asked me to tell you " I took kava kava once in a tea form with stevia extract, It was bitter and my mouth was numb. I soon became sleepy and calm that's all. I know a few other friends who were hyped about it then were let down because it was nothing like the hype said to be. It's great for sleep aid, anti anxiety and others but I wouldn't expect anything "intense". Who knows everyone is different. "
Old 10-07-2010, 20:42

37 y/o Male from United Kingdom
clounfish should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDays View Post

could be two days or a week evertones differnt.itbuilds and binds to your benzo/gabba receptors hense taing a while.pesernally is was no match for low dose kratom so i gave the coconut

Post Quality Evaluations:
Barely readable. Try to use proper grammar and complete sentences.
Old 13-07-2010, 11:13

25 y/o Female
alternative_girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1

why does nobody says the exact dose,how many roots and how much water...I guess I have a garden full of kava-kava...(I just finded that out ) and I don't have a clue what to do with that.......
Old 14-07-2010, 23:59
Banned

Male
Johnnynapples is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternative_girl View Post
why does nobody says the exact dose,how many roots and how much water...I guess I have a garden full of kava-kava...(I just finded that out ) and I don't have a clue what to do with that.......
Ohboy, sway wonders why no one mentions the exact dose of which they had taken? How many roots and how much water to use? that's personal preference.
If one has a garden full of kava kava just leave it be to grow. Kava is not worth it in sways opinion.
Old 16-07-2010, 00:23

Male from Earth
Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternative_girl View Post
Swims blends up 100 gram of dried powdered kava in 750ml water nightly. He would suggest starting with 1/4 this amount to test your reaction first. If using fresh root less will be required.
Old 20-07-2010, 04:45

24 y/o Male from United States
themidnighttoker is a decent psychonaut.themidnighttoker is a decent psychonaut.

Vanuatu may have quality kava but Kava-kava originated in Fiji. SWIM has actually been to Fiji and consumed Kava-kava with some locals while he was there (from a large wooden basin, no less!).

While Potter may have had some good experiences with Vanuatan Kava, SWIM would recommend Fijian Kava if you can find a source that has it. In SWIM's experience, it was the most potent. Of course, take this recommendation with a grain of salt, as he consumed freshly ground kava while on the island, not an extract ordered over the internet.

Share this on:

Tags
drugs-forum, kava, kava effects, kava extract, kava kava, kava kava effects