Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug testing discussion
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug testing discussion What can you do against drug testing & more...

Old 11-09-2009, 00:43
Silver Member

26 y/o Male
420massacre is an unknown quantity at this point
Ketamine and Drug Tests

swim has to get drug tests done from his court's orders. swim is being put on probation.

Any was the question is: does ketamine show up in standard piss/blood tests. swim isnt sure which one it will be, but swim will have to see a probation officer like every week or so. Or if swimmers know of a drug that doesnt come up on normal tests let swim know

cheers
Old 11-09-2009, 03:42
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,134, Level: 20 Points: 19,134, Level: 20 Points: 19,134, Level: 20
Activity: 62.5% Activity: 62.5% Activity: 62.5%
Re: drug tests

Pot, speed, coke, pcp, opiates...

UTSFE!

Last edited by Potter; 11-09-2009 at 14:51.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:22
Silver Member

26 y/o Male
420massacre is an unknown quantity at this point

no...weed stays in your system for like 2-4 weeks, and my monkey said that ketamine mostly effects the kidneys, so if you piss it would still be in there. Is this true or do most tests not look for ketamine, but it could come up as pcp?
Old 11-09-2009, 14:49
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,134, Level: 20 Points: 19,134, Level: 20 Points: 19,134, Level: 20
Activity: 62.5% Activity: 62.5% Activity: 62.5%

I don't know what I was reading, I thought you were asking what they tested for... sorry... That''s what I get for trying to answer question late at night.

No, they don't test for K, but it may come back as a false positive for PCP, at which point they may do more tests and figure out it was K, or you know, arrest the person for PCP consumption. On the plus side, you pee out the metabolites in 3 days give or take. So you understand, ALL drugs (other then pot) are water soluble, and hence, go through the kidneys to the bladder with in 3-4 days. Pot does too, but it takes longer because it is fat soluble. This has nothing to do with K effecting the kidneys.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:48
Gold Member

26 y/o Male from United States
rxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,646, Level: 7 Points: 2,646, Level: 7 Points: 2,646, Level: 7
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

For probation they often do an extended panel, so I hear. On their panel of drugs ketamine is listed.

Did swiy pass his drug tests while using ketamine for the courts. Swirx is a curious cat.
Old 10-11-2010, 21:41
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
SwiftyyFlintt is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 262, Level: 2 Points: 262, Level: 2 Points: 262, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420massacre View Post
no...weed stays in your system for like 2-4 weeks, and my monkey said that ketamine mostly effects the kidneys, so if you piss it would still be in there. Is this true or do most tests not look for ketamine, but it could come up as pcp?
How will ketamine come up as PCP when they are 2 completely different substances?

I see your logic but this is a biological drug test, not a mix and match game.

Most drug tests don't specifically look for ketamine, but it can be detected in urine for two to four days after use. Clean up from Ketamine is more emotionally than physically painful (it has withdrawal effects but few physical side effects).

If you still seek information, possibly look here? http://www.ipassedmydrugtest.com/drug_test_faq.asp

Last edited by SwiftyyFlintt; 10-11-2010 at 21:50.
Old 10-11-2010, 22:30
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.
Points: 1,580, Level: 6 Points: 1,580, Level: 6 Points: 1,580, Level: 6

^^ ummmm ketamine is a strikingly similar chemical to PCP, thus the drug test can mistake it for PCP, drug tests are never 100% accurate.

Quote:
ALL drugs (other then pot) are water soluble, and hence, go through the kidneys to the bladder with in 3-4 days
And potter, this isnt true, PCP is fat/lipid soluble, wouldent synthetic cannibinoids also be lipid soluble. and to the best of my knowlege ketamine is also partially fat soluble and partially water soluble.
Old 10-11-2010, 22:50
Research Chemicals Forum
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Phenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 20,960, Level: 21 Points: 20,960, Level: 21 Points: 20,960, Level: 21
Activity: 43.8% Activity: 43.8% Activity: 43.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenythylamine View Post
^^ ummmm ketamine is a strikingly similar chemical to PCP, thus the drug test can mistake it for PCP, drug tests are never 100% accurate.
In terms of structure they're not very similar at all really. A test that strikes positive for both compounds would have to involve an antibody with extremely poor specificity, so I'd be surprised if any immunoassay designed to detect PCP strikes a false positive for ketamine. If it does strike a false positive for whatever reason, then as Potter says confirmatory testing by MS will easily pick up on the mistake (provided the confirmatory test takes place of course).

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenythylamine View Post
And potter, this isnt true, PCP is fat/lipid soluble, wouldent synthetic cannibinoids also be lipid soluble. and to the best of my knowlege ketamine is also partially fat soluble and partially water soluble.
Potter is right that ketamine does not persist at appreciable levels for more than a few days if used occasionally. I'd agree it is an overstatement to say cannabis is the only drug with poor solubility in aqueous solvents though. Benzodiazepines jump to mind as another class of drugs that are quite insoluble in water and can persist in the body at detectable levels for extended periods of time.

With regard to synthetic cannabinoids, most such compounds are totally unrelated to the phytocannabinoids in cannabis in terms of structure, so there's not necessarily a correlation in detection time. The ADME properties of these compounds is for the most part unknown. However urine tests for JWH-018 and JWH-073 report the estimated detection window as up to 3 days since use, which might suggest these two compounds generally clear more readily than phytocannabinoids.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:05
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.
Points: 1,580, Level: 6 Points: 1,580, Level: 6 Points: 1,580, Level: 6

hmmmmmm seems you are right after looking at the chemical structure of ketamine, I really shouldent rely on wikipedia when looking stuff up.

Quote:
Potter is right that ketamine does not persist at appreciable levels for more than a few days if used occasionally. I'd agree it is an overstatement to say cannabis is the only drug with poor solubility in aqueous solvents though. Benzodiazepines jump to mind as another class of drugs that are quite insoluble in water and can persist in the body at detectable levels for extended periods of time.
It is partially lipid soluble though, so you would think it could accumulate in the fats and build up over time, maybe this is only with extended abuse.

as to synthetic cannibinoids, I knew they where not similar in structure to phytocannibinoids, I was just guessing they where lipid soluble, overgeneralizing, as I was critisizing potter for doing lol.

Share this on:

Tags
benzo, club drug, come up, drug, drug court, drug test, drug tests, drugs, ketamine, ketamine drug test, ketamine lab, opiate, pcp, piss test, probation, urine drug test