Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Antidepressants
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 09-07-2005, 14:19
Titanium Member

49 y/o Male from USA - Rhode Island
Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.
Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Soon to try -- Trazodone: Recreational value?

Doubt this will be much of a high, got a script for insomnia but haven't filled it yet. However, it might be interesting anyway. Will report.

Funny, I always wanted to be a pharmacist (but never went to school for it because I'm too much a risk-taker and would be putting myself at risk of federal prison). Instead, I ended up a self-appointed guinea pig for nearly every damn substance mankind has invented. My biochemistry must look something like those barrels of green goop in the "Toxic Avenger" series from Troma. Only greener and goopier.

Life takes some strange turns. Edited by: Nicaine
Old 09-07-2005, 15:33
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8
Friend of mine had trazadone for insomnia. I tried it. It sure worked for insomnia! Splat! Do take it with some food, though. On an empty stomach it hits you like a frieght train - too hard, too fast. I know that's hard to believe, but you'll see.
Old 09-07-2005, 16:02
Titanium Member

49 y/o Male from USA - Rhode Island
Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.
Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9
Thanx for the advice. I'd be happy just to drop off the face of the planet & wake up the next morning. Might actually be better if it hit me like a freight train, cuz my problem is I start consciously fighting off sleep like I'm scared of it or something, which results in drifting off/popping awake over & over again, all night long. I need the chemical equivalent of a brick over the head, on the nights when I do have insomnia (when I don't have it, I'm fine).Edited by: Nicaine
Old 11-07-2005, 06:45
Titanium Member

35 y/o Male from United States
blackwolf is on the way upblackwolf is on the way upblackwolf is on the way up
Points: 314, Level: 2 Points: 314, Level: 2 Points: 314, Level: 2
It is not a fun drug....as was already mentioned. I had it for insomnia and
it left me groggy, and with restless leg syndrom( which I am prone to). I
gave it a big thumbs down and suggested halcion to my doctor insted.
Old 11-07-2005, 15:25
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Agreed. Trazodone is NOT a party drug by anu stretch of the synapses. As a sleeping pill it does work. But the only party it would be good for would be a slumber-party. Halcion has it's own problems as well. Seems it will deplete the thyroid and possibly cause paranoid reactions and mania. All in all I'll take some warm milk and fantasize about running whomever is annoying me over with a truck. Ah! Blissful sleep!
Old 12-07-2005, 08:48
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
als5555 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1
a good way to find out if a drug can get u high is to go to erowid and lyceaum of course, but also to google the active ingredients. there are some pharmacy sights that will tell you if it will or not. drugs.com is decent. they will tell you what could happen in an overdose and shit like that but you ignore that. you read the lists of possible side effects and if they include things like dizziness, confusion, shortness of breath, stuff like that than they will mostlikely get u high. on any sitl you find like this, type in dextromethorphan, this will let you see that sites "code words" for high. that combined with prodrug sites and forums should be pretty sufficient.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Horrible advice about seeking drugs with side effects for recreational use.
Advising people not to look at the effects of an overdose and other things is just wrong.
Old 26-07-2005, 07:48
Gold Member

32 y/o Male from Canada
Cure20 is captain of the psychonauts.Cure20 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 1,453, Level: 5 Points: 1,453, Level: 5 Points: 1,453, Level: 5
I started with a half a pill so 25 mg . I tried that for 3 nights and then stayed off of it a few nites. Then tried 50mgs and it was the same thing, terrible nasal congestion.It didn't help me sleep either and I was so uncomfortable not being able to breathe through my nose that I just gave up. I've dealt with insomnia all my life and have tried just about everything except prescription drugs. Finally I went to the Dr about it and was given Ambien, which worked great and I didn't feel groggy all day. On trazodone I had zombie like feelings all day.
Old 07-09-2005, 23:08

generich201 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

used it for about a year 100mg definitly agree with the zombie feelings hopefully it works better for you
Old 20-09-2005, 04:17

aMorphius is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
SWIM has used this on and off for a couple of years to help him sleep. If
SWIM hasent used it for a couple of days and takes 50mg at bed-time, he
has the most excellent dreams! The next morning SWIM feels fine; no
groggy hangover. Also there seems to be no tolerence build up as far as
its sleep inducing powers go. So I have to give it a thumbs up!
Old 10-12-2005, 08:40
Silver Member

Male from Canada
skitz0frantic is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1
I've tried trazodone from a medicine cabinet raid for fun. if u wana sleep take it for sure, but it doesnt give u an enjoyable buzz. i grabbed a handful and being an idiot my friend and me decided to take them during school! i took one.. she popped 2. STUPID haha, we skipped and went to get a tall coffee.
Old 19-12-2005, 22:41

Male from United States
Toltec is a decent psychonaut.Toltec is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 145, Level: 1 Points: 145, Level: 1 Points: 145, Level: 1
How well does trazodone end a trip?
Swim has 5 100mg pills of trazodone. He is wondering, if he took DOI and wanted to get to sleep after the 8th hour, will one pill work? Swims never taken trazodone before.

What about if someone was heading turds a freak out would 100mgs of trazodone kill the trip enough to clam and bring them back to there senses, then off to sleep.
Old 27-01-2006, 22:19
R.I.P.

Male
raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.
Points: 1,822, Level: 6 Points: 1,822, Level: 6 Points: 1,822, Level: 6
SWIM has never used trazadone to terminate a trip but he has used it once it was nearly down to try to sleep. 10mg might help but for swim xanax seems to be much more effective. The trazadone dont seem to have the power to calm swims body after a trip as much as xanax can.
Old 29-01-2006, 02:56
Banned

Male
Okay...now can you tell the entire planet that which would be of use other than your exit strategy, Mr. Bush? Such as: How many mgs. were useful for sleep? How bad was the aftermath - aside from assmouth? So forth.

The idea is to educate and enlighten the masses.
Old 29-07-2011, 14:07

Male from United States
forest420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Re: Soon to try -- Trazodone: Recreational value?

yeah i took 200mg at once plus like 9 bowls of dank and then had to bike home quite far, i was sooo fucked up i cant even remember most shit just that i was high/tired and walked with my friend part of the way and i lost ma bus pass. My friend said i threw up but was like tripping balls, haha. of corse when i got home i crashed like a mofo

in my opinion its an good drug if u like taking random prescription drugs for different buzz/highs, but if ur like me and just like to feel good and trip balls its not that great. having said that ima bout to c if i can take half an get a mild buzz later jus because im bored lol.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:43

25 y/o Male from Canada
opi.c should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

swim was prescribed 100mg every night.... take it on an empty stomach - very euphoric and heavy body load - like a nice opiate/kratom trip. swim would suggest this for anyone with insomnia - swim has been dealing with if for 6 years now, and this is finally he first thing that worked,

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please do not use SWIM http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197306
Old 09-01-2013, 04:06
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12
Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by opi.c View Post
swim was prescribed 100mg every night.... take it on an empty stomach - very euphoric and heavy body load - like a nice opiate/kratom trip. swim would suggest this for anyone with insomnia - swim has been dealing with if for 6 years now, and this is finally he first thing that worked,

You are saying that trazadone gave you an euphoric trip and compare it to opiate/kratom feelings?

Are you sure about that with trazadone?
Old 02-05-2013, 16:01

Male from United States
HamHock is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I've been on trazodone for a few months now, once you get used to it a little bit, you need to increase the dose and stay up as long as you can. After a few days, once you get up to about 400mg - 600mg, there is a very noticabe high. Very very similar to an opiate high. In a much better mood, high, slight tracers. Hangover in the morning feels like weed hangover.
Old 02-05-2013, 20:04
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,286, Level: 20 Points: 19,286, Level: 20 Points: 19,286, Level: 20
Activity: 59.3% Activity: 59.3% Activity: 59.3%

Found a bottle of this stuff MANY years ago, must have been 19-20 at the time. Took 150mg pill, knocked me out for 14+ hours, was terribly hung-over for two days unable to think. Never touched them again, no recreational value.
Old 02-05-2013, 21:29
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

God I hate trazadone. In the hospital, they tried to give me that shit for insomnia. I took 50 mg and it was terrible. I couldn't sleep but I was so fucking tired. And I had the worst dry mouth. I had to keep drinking water but then I'd have to get up to pee. It took me about 5 hours to fall asleep. I was so hungover the next day that I just had to stay in bed. It was a mental hospital and they don't like you just staying in your room but I had to that day.

Also I was prescribed 25 mg for depression and insomnia. i hated it cus sometimes I'd fall asleep and forget to take it. It just didn't work for me. And once, on a Greyhound bus, I mistook my trazadone for my Klonopin and took 3 trazadone by mistake. Yeah, it sucked. Trying to stay awake on the bus and horrible dry mouth.

I hate this drug. I had a bottle with about 100 pills in it and I threw it in the garbage. I'd rather not sleep than take trazadone. Miserable fucking drug.
Old 13-05-2013, 20:40

Female from Earth
Saccharine is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 304, Level: 2 Points: 304, Level: 2 Points: 304, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaine View Post
Doubt this will be much of a high, got a script for insomnia but haven't filled it yet. However, it might be interesting anyway. Will report.

Funny, I always wanted to be a pharmacist (but never went to school for it because I'm too much a risk-taker and would be putting myself at risk of federal prison). Instead, I ended up a self-appointed guinea pig for nearly every damn substance mankind has invented. My biochemistry must look something like those barrels of green goop in the "Toxic Avenger" series from Troma. Only greener and goopier.

Life takes some strange turns. Edited by: Nicaine
Sleeping pills are strange for me. Sometimes one will knock me out, but I took 3 Trazadones once and sat in the shower, wide awake.

Saccharine added 2 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

I prefer clonazepam, it's much gentler.

Last edited by Saccharine; 13-05-2013 at 20:40. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 13-05-2013, 21:24
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12
Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving Pictures View Post
God I hate trazadone. In the hospital, they tried to give me that shit for insomnia. I took 50 mg and it was terrible. I couldn't sleep but I was so fucking tired. And I had the worst dry mouth. I had to keep drinking water but then I'd have to get up to pee. It took me about 5 hours to fall asleep. I was so hungover the next day that I just had to stay in bed. It was a mental hospital and they don't like you just staying in your room but I had to that day.

Also I was prescribed 25 mg for depression and insomnia. i hated it cus sometimes I'd fall asleep and forget to take it. It just didn't work for me. And once, on a Greyhound bus, I mistook my trazadone for my Klonopin and took 3 trazadone by mistake. Yeah, it sucked. Trying to stay awake on the bus and horrible dry mouth.

I hate this drug. I had a bottle with about 100 pills in it and I threw it in the garbage. I'd rather not sleep than take trazadone. Miserable fucking drug.

I cannot agree with you or Potter more, this drug is on my "go fuck yourself, or no thank you" list. I had a miserable come down from meth a long time ago and took the trazadone but ended up like MP (Moving Pictures) said, I was sooooo tired but could NOT go to sleep.
Old 20-05-2013, 15:38

25 y/o Male from Canada
opi.c should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

yeah... this was good the first one or two times. after that it just made me feel incredibly sick for days afterwards and did not help me sleep at all. I take back what I said before.. not a fun drug.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:51

Female from United States
ayla87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

All my docs want to give me this for sleep, but it feels like it's forcing me to sleep, rather than easing me to sleep (which would be much more pleasant). It also gives me night terrors that I can't wake up from. I have dreamt of demons in my room, of foreign soldiers invading our "hill" that we live on, while I'm in bed & cannot get up to protect myself or my son, all kinds of disturbing crap. Then when I told my doctor this, he UPPED my dosage!!! I just don't get it!!! I understand why he doesn't want to give me more xanax, I don't want to be a memory-less zombie, but this trazadone stuff is for the birds! I'll only take about a quarter of one, risking the nightmares of course, if I've went 2 or 3 days without sleep and I'm desperate. I still haven't read of anybody else that has similar experiences with this medicine? This is actually the first place I've read people talk about how they did not even like it. Everybody else seems to love it! I just don't get it.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:38
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
zedletter is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 236, Level: 2 Points: 236, Level: 2 Points: 236, Level: 2
Activity: 5.2% Activity: 5.2% Activity: 5.2%

Ehh I found an old bottle of mine with a few trazodone in it, decided to take 1, the next day I felt very happy and upbeat, not high, but just happy and content.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:06
Titanium Member

Female from United States
prescriptionperil really adds to the discussion.prescriptionperil really adds to the discussion.prescriptionperil really adds to the discussion.prescriptionperil really adds to the discussion.prescriptionperil really adds to the discussion.prescriptionperil really adds to the discussion.
Points: 762, Level: 4 Points: 762, Level: 4 Points: 762, Level: 4
Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1%

Trazadone gives me a hangover with a fuzzy head when used for sleep. I likely took the recommended
dosage, but hated it. Haven't had one in years, and don't care too. Oh, the dry mouth. It reminds me of Flexeril. Since both are AD's that makes sense.

Share this on:

Tags
sleeping aid, snorting drugs, trazodone, trazodone high