Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Cannabis > Cooking with Cannabis
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cooking with Cannabis Recipes for cannabutter, hashbrownies and other high cuisine.

Old 20-03-2012, 09:31
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Earth
FourXFour is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Bhang cooking clarification

SWIM was told by a friend of his who is in his mid 40's about how the local Sikh community create Bhang and the way they make it. SWIM's friend has been smoking, eating, and drinking cannabis for a very very long time and is close to the Bhang drinking community here.

The part of the "original" recipe that doesn't seem to make much sense to swim is the following, which happens to be the first step.

The first step is take your ground up kief, up to a 1/2 to 1 kilo, and bring water to a boil. Possibly 1-2 cups of water. You then seperatley add in milk, almonds, pistachio...etc Without removing the kief from the water

SWIM believed that it would be better to make Cannabutter rather then boiling water with Kief to activate the THC and CBD's, no?
The milk here is full-fat always so fat-content of the mixture, even though very little, would not be a huge factor since SWIY would be drinking the kief anyway.

Has anyone ever heard of a similar method boiling Kief in water before creating Bhang or a similar "Marijuana Milkshake" ?

The 1 kilo of Kief is for approximatly 4-5 drinks.
Old 23-03-2012, 06:36
Titanium Member

Male from Earth
al-k-mist really knows their shit.al-k-mist really knows their shit.al-k-mist really knows their shit.al-k-mist really knows their shit.al-k-mist really knows their shit.al-k-mist really knows their shit.al-k-mist really knows their shit.al-k-mist really knows their shit.
Points: 1,757, Level: 6 Points: 1,757, Level: 6 Points: 1,757, Level: 6
Activity: 8.8% Activity: 8.8% Activity: 8.8%
Re: Bhang cooking clarification

ok, I was stumped until I recalled scrabbles definition of keif(marijuana prepared for smoking, I think,)
It is my understanding that the average cannabis in India, where bhang is prevelant, is schwag, and only very few are super potent. This is evident by the sheer amount of weed needed. Not to mention a terrrible fat for extracting, I guess. I remember reading milk sucked, but nuts have lots of fats
Cannabis ghi would be the shit(that is clarified butter)
5 drinks per kilo, thats 6 oz each. Definitely schwag , and terribley inefficient extraction
Thinks he remembers on tv or internet, documentary?, most herb for bhang comes from the government, and its like leafy, etc, nuthing like Ganeshas dream
Old 23-03-2012, 07:40
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Earth
FourXFour is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

The bud the people here in Afghanistan use is not shwag for the most part
There is just so much of it... The weather in the areas they grow it is very similar to the rocky mountains of California/BC

I think the 1 kilo thing has to do with poor extraction methods.
The nuts having fat oils might have a large part in why this works i guess.
The Bhang here is home made, marijuana is "illegal" but i'd say a good 75% of the population smoke/eat it in one way or another.

The areas where it is grown live off it. (Financially, edibally, and through hemp oil for food)
As well as other agricultural crops and farming..
Afghan hash has a bad rep outside of Afghanistan, thats cause the schwag goes outside
Old 07-06-2012, 22:32

22 y/o Male from United States
Highly Intoxicated is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

So my friend wants to make this but I don't think the method is effective. Has anyone tried bhang before or would it just be better to make green dragon? Is there actually enough fat in the milk for the thc to completely dissolve in? Is there a better way to make it? Lotta questions
Old 07-06-2012, 22:41
Platinum Member & Advisor

33 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 18,475, Level: 19 Points: 18,475, Level: 19 Points: 18,475, Level: 19
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

There isn't a best. Try both, and see what works for you.
Old 07-06-2012, 23:30
Palladium Member

Male from United States
baZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,642, Level: 11 Points: 6,642, Level: 11 Points: 6,642, Level: 11
Activity: 19.6% Activity: 19.6% Activity: 19.6%

I don't know that there is enough fat in milk alone for THC to dissolve in it. Traditional bhang is made with ghee (clarified butter, as mentioned in post #2) as well, which is almost entirely fat. I imagine that's what most of the THC dissolves in. So, if you want to make bhang that works, you most likely really need ghee. Otherwise, maybe I would stick to green dragon.

Share this on:

Tags
bhang, cannabutter, cooking with cannabis, kief

» New Threads
Relapsed 3 times after 12 days...
Last post by Freely
0 Replies, 1 Views
Concerned for friend's children...
Last post by Iggypants
2 Replies, 24 Views
come up different in rock form vs....
Last post by elperuano