Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiates & Opioids Opiates & Opioids.

Old 28-06-2010, 17:46
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute
Laws on Purchasing Syringes/Needles W/O Rx in the US

This is a list of state laws for the US regarding purchasing syringes without a prescription.

STATE Require a prescription: YES/NO

Alabama: No
Alaska: Yes (Some pharmacies may sell without a RX)
Arizona: No (Even though permitted, some pharmacies may require a RX)
Arkansas: No
California: No (Even though permitted, some pharmacies may require a RX)
Colorado: No (Even though permitted, some pharmacies may require a RX)
Connecticut: Yes (Residents may get a 10-day supply of syringes without a RX)
Delaware: Yes
Distric of Columbia: Yes (If you have a diabetic ID you can purchase syringes without a RX if purchased with insulin)
Flordia: Yes/No (Some counties may require a RX for syringes; most do not)
Georgia: No
Hawaii: No
Idaho: No (Photo ID may be required)
Illinois: No (You do need a RX to purchase more than 20 syringes at one time)
Indiana: No (You must sign a register for purchase of syringes)
Iowa: No
Kansas: Yes/No (most pharmacies will sell syringes if they are being purchased with insulin, regular (R) insulin does not require a RX)
Kentucky: No
Louisiana: No
Maine: Yes
Maryland: No (You must sign a register)
Massachusetts: No
Michigan: No
Minnesota: No
Mississippi: No
Missouri: No
Montana: No
Nebraska: No
Nevada: No
New Hampshire: No
New Jersey: Yes (The requirement for a RX may be waived with photo ID)
New Mexico: No
New York: No (Pharmacies can dispense up to 10 syringes at their discretion w/o Rx but you must be atleast 18 years old)
North Carolina: No
North Dakota: No
Ohio: No
Oklahoma: No/Yes (some local areas may require Rx for syringes)
Oregon: No
Pennsylvania: No
Rhode Island: No
South Carolina: No
South Dakota: No
Tennessee: No
Texas: No/Yes (some regions may require Rx)
Utah: No/Yes (Some pharmacies will require Rx for syringes and some pharmacies may refuse to sell syringes after 10 p.m. even if you have a prescription on file)
Vermont: No
Virginia: Yes/No
Washington (state): No
West Virginia: No
Wisconsin: No
Wyoming: No

NOTE: These laws do not reflect individual pharmacy policy and it is at the discretion of the pharmacist who they sell syringes to. Just because it is legal to purchase syringes without a prescription in your state does not mean you can't be prosecuted for possession of drug parphernalia.

Hope this helps someone!

credit to http://www.isletsofhope.com/diabetes...tion-laws.html

Post Quality Evaluations:
Excellent addition - please avoid abbreviations if possible though not everyone will be able to work them out!
Great find! Thanks for posting this.

Last edited by Moving Pictures; 29-05-2011 at 19:48. Reason: typo!, thanks, banaskin!, updated
Old 28-06-2010, 17:51
Banned

45 y/o Female from England
bananaskin really knows their shit.bananaskin really knows their shit.bananaskin really knows their shit.bananaskin really knows their shit.bananaskin really knows their shit.bananaskin really knows their shit.bananaskin really knows their shit.bananaskin really knows their shit.bananaskin really knows their shit.
Points: 5,097, Level: 10 Points: 5,097, Level: 10 Points: 5,097, Level: 10
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Laws on Purchasing Syringes/Needles W/O Rx in the US

Quote:
Can I purchase syringes legally in Hawai‘i without a prescription?

Yes. Hawai‘i pharmacies are permitted by Hawai‘i law to sell syringes for the purpose of preventing transmission of disease. Contact the CHOW Project or your local pharmacy for more information.
Source;

http://hawaii.gov/health/healthy-lifestyles/std-aids/reducing-harm/syringe-exchange.html#purchase
Old 29-06-2010, 12:30
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

You can get them in Massachusetts withOUT a Rx since 2007, I believe. One needs to show ID to prove they are over 18 years of age.

~Kailey
Old 30-06-2010, 00:36
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

Kailey,

Can you provide a source for that, please? I'll change it, I'd just like a source to be sure, ya know? If anyone else thinks the info on a state is incorrect, just post a source and I'll change it!

Okay, update. I found this http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...s_of_syringes/
and it appears otc sales of syringes are legal in MA.

Last edited by Moving Pictures; 30-06-2010 at 03:49. Reason: ....
Old 30-06-2010, 16:08
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Glad you found a source. I know personally, because I've visited many pharmacies in Massachusetts and purchased syringes. *LOL* I realize, however, that I might not be the best source.

Thanks for posting this list, by the way! I've heard, however, that there's only one state left that doesn't allow OTC sales. There were 2, but MA was one of them. Of course, I can't remember what the other state is.

I can only suggest that if someone is in one of the states that says OTC sales AREN'T legal (or even if it says you have to purchase insulin to get them) to try at a pharmacy anyway. You never know...the law could have changed recently, or you might get a really nice pharmacist!

~Kailey
Old 06-01-2011, 18:03
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
Tantalus4200 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1

In NY u can purchase more then a 10 pack of points, some in the more unfavorable areas sell singles, need to be 18 though, most wont sell through a drivethru but some do
Old 21-04-2011, 04:19
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from USA - Pennsylvania
VirtuallyEmotionless is captain of the psychonauts.VirtuallyEmotionless is captain of the psychonauts.VirtuallyEmotionless is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 779, Level: 4 Points: 779, Level: 4 Points: 779, Level: 4

In Pennsylvania, you can get syringes without a prescription. He's watched his brother pick up 10 packs numerous times. His brother said they do ask for ID, but according to the source below there is no age limit, nor a limit on the number of syringes that can be purchased at a time. This may vary from pharmacy to pharmacy, but it's apparently not the law.

Here's a source to go with that. http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/...nsylvania_allo

Last edited by VirtuallyEmotionless; 21-04-2011 at 04:28.
Old 12-05-2011, 13:18
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

42 y/o Male from United States
junky4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 68, Level: 1 Points: 68, Level: 1 Points: 68, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

please remember it is one thing to purchase needles w/out a prescription,but,if you are not prescribed the syringe ,in some states you can be arrested/charged w/posessing a hypodermic instrument under the law. even if unused.
Old 25-05-2011, 02:20

55 y/o Male from United States
celtic growler is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1

Amazon for Insulin Syringes, no fuss, no muss

Share this on:

Tags
over the counter drug, purchasing syringes without a prescription in the usa

» New Threads
Prescribed Klonopin 1mg 3x a...