Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Nootropics
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Nootropics Smartdrugs, Brain boosters & Cognitive enhancers.

Old 18-04-2011, 10:33
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Female from United Kingdom
badbunny30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 57, Level: 1 Points: 57, Level: 1 Points: 57, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
controlling norepinephrine production

My cat finds that at certain times of the month her anxiety is worse than at other times. She has read that

When the luteinizing hormone surges norepinephrine in the hypothalamus rises which can disturb REM sleep. High norepinephrine can trigger anxiety.
She was wondering if any of the clever bods on here could ask their pets if they could recommend a more natural manner in which norepinephrine can be regulated in the body.

Old 23-04-2011, 03:53
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
FreeBliss is a decent psychonaut.FreeBliss is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%
Re: controlling norepinephrine production

Phosphatidylserine (PS) is supposed to stop the brain form converting so much dopamine to norepinephrine. I onyl know this cause i was told this by a certified nutritionist. I had a neurotransmitter test the first i was recommended like 5htp, taurine ect. then i took another test showing high nor epinephrine and high glutamate so i was recommends PS and magnesium actually lowers glutamate.

I dont think it happends quickly though. All natural stuff takes time to work but you know that stuffs good for the brain.

Theres a stress cycle i read about one time. Whenever your boddy feels stress its first line of offense is endorphins if those are depleted it will go to gaba then seratonin then dopamine, too much dopamine leads to over production of norepinephrin and epinephrin. I believe this cycle is responsible for all mental disorders.

Quote:
Phosphatidylserine, PS for short, is a member of a class of chemical compounds known as phospholipids. PS is an essential component in all our cells; specifically, it is a major component of the cell membrane. The cell membrane is a kind of "skin" that surrounds living cells. Besides keeping cells intact, this membrane performs vital functions such as moving nutrients into cells and pumping waste products out of them. PS plays an important role in many of these functions. This phospholipid is a critical structural component of neuronal cells and helps promote a positive mood, by decreasing feelings of stress. Phosphatidylserine reduces plasma levels of epinephrine, norepinephrine, ACTH and cortisol after exposure to physical stress. Phosphatidylserine has been clinically shown to significantly reduce serum adrenocorticotropin (ACTH) and cortisol levels and salivary cortisol levels following mental stress.
http://tsangenterprise.com/news128.htm
Also im no doctor I would advise anyone to reaserch what im saying if they have time.

Last edited by FreeBliss; 23-04-2011 at 03:58.
Old 23-04-2011, 20:52
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%
Re: controlling norepinephrine production

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbunny30 View Post
My cat finds that at certain times of the month her anxiety is worse than at other times. She has read that: "When the luteinizing hormone surges norepinephrine in the hypothalamus rises which can disturb REM sleep. High norepinephrine can trigger anxiety." She was wondering if any of the clever bods on here could ask their pets if they could recommend a more natural manner in which norepinephrine can be regulated in the body.
Well, that makes total sense, since "norepinephrine" is the US's fancy shamancy way of saying "noradrenaline" (related to adrenaline). So, basically, the "fight or flight" mode is triggered.

I know this isn't natural, but has any thought been given to taking a monophasic birth control pill? This could help by not really letting the levels go up & down.

What about just treating the symptoms during that week? Some kind of Kava root preparation high in kavalactones (the better quality products will list the percentage of kavalactones contained in each dose), perhaps a Valerian Root tincture (I prefer tinctures when it comes to Valerian Root, but capped powdered root or a tea could be equally effective)? Hops are also supposed to be calming & such, but I find they taste disgusting. Heh.

I'd have to look into "female health" herbs again; I know many of the ones to help with the cycle itself also help the emotional aspects by regulating the cycle, I guess - like red raspberry leaf or even black cohosh.

Something I find interesting in myself is: if I have bad PMT symptoms, I'll have an easy period that month; if I barely notice the PMT, I'm certain to have an incredibly painful menses when it arrives. Weird, huh?

~Kailey

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, drug, epinephrine, norepinephrine