Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 16-03-2011, 07:48

Male from United States
FlSCH is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
What's the best way to get some sleep while on vyvanse?

Ok so its 9:40 pm now, Paul the pill popper wants to take a 60mg vyvanse in an hour. Should Paul just pull an all niter or is there any good ways to get to sleep let's say... By 1:00am?

Also, would it be bad for Paul to mix vyvanse with sleeping pills or cough syrup?

FlSCH added 178 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Come on I thought I'd join this site cause of its community and to get legitament feedback but all my threads are like empty...

There's gotta be someone out there that can help me out, hello?

Last edited by FlSCH; 16-03-2011 at 07:48. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 16-03-2011, 09:05
Palladium Member

24 y/o Male from United States
EscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline Medline
Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: What's the best way to get some sleep while on vyvanse?

Don't mix it with cough syrup, DXM (active ingredient in all non-opiate cough syrups) combined with amphetamines can lead to high blood pressure. Sleeping pills - depends what type. Swim has used benadryl to get to sleep after taking adderall, however that was long after having taken the adderall (xr). Swiy doesn't want to take that when the drugs effects are still potent.

Honestly, if swiy popped at 9:30, its very unlikely he will sleep by 1am. Perhaps he can sleep around 3am if he has a tolerance to vyvanse.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good advice about dangerous combinations.
Old 16-03-2011, 15:52

Male from United States
FlSCH is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1

Okay yea thanks, I never did go to sleep and I'm still up.
But I have a horrible soar throat this morning and I get sharp pains when I "try" to cough
Old 26-04-2011, 18:51

27 y/o Female from United States
anarchyangel should review received reputation comments.
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

SWIM is prescribed vyvanse and he takes it semi regularly (weekly basis mostly) and SWIM has been taking various ADHD stimulants for about 4 years now (started with recreation and then was later diagnosed with ADHD which SWIM definitely had, then progressed into just for school purposes) SWIM has been troubled with this same problem for years and finds that the ONLY thing that will help you sleep with any reliable results is a benzodiazapine such as xanax. In fact SWIMs doctor prescribed him xanax for just such reasons and to combat the anxious feeling SWIM gets when the initial effects wear off. 1-3 mgs of xanax should be enough to get SWIY a good nights rest (especially if you throw some cannabis in there) The hardest part would be of course finding xanax if you don't have a prescription. Good luck and SWIM hopes this was helpful
Old 28-04-2011, 01:30
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
fizzle is on the way upfizzle is on the way upfizzle is on the way up
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Reply may be too late but lisdexamfetamine (Vyvanse) lasts for 12 hours. No way can you fall asleep 3 hours later. In fact, blood levels peak at around 3-4 hours so 1am would probably be the hardest time to get to sleep. 60mg is a good amount for someone without a tolerance.

Do not take it if you need to sleep within 12 hours.

Post Quality Evaluations:
appropriate & helpful suggestions
Old 06-05-2011, 11:01
Titanium Member

Female from Canada
Canmedaa must live here.Canmedaa must live here.Canmedaa must live here.Canmedaa must live here.Canmedaa must live here.Canmedaa must live here.Canmedaa must live here.
Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4

Amphetamine-induced insomnia is a supreme pain in the proverbial ass. Because the current preference for amphetamines on the market today is to make them as long-lasting as possible one can easily end up in a situation where they cannot sleep, need to be up for the new day, and are confronted with the choice of trying to induce sleep artificially or just pull through and re-dose to make up for the lack of sleep.

Canmedaa had this problem on both Adderall and dextroamphetamine spansules (Vyvanse is just dextroamphetamine with an added molecule to make it inactive until its traversed the intestinal tract). When Canmedaa finally got to the point that she was binging on amphetamines to get through multiple days without sleep she decided to seek out the ol' tried-tested-and-true, very retro, version of dextroamphetamine, which is the instant-release tablet form sometimes called 'DextroStat". Dex IR is outdated and only really used for ADD/ADHD management of children too young to use extended-release forms of amphetamines on.

Dex IR lasts about four hours and has a rapid onset. More is not always better, and when it comes to how long a stimulant is going to work 8-11 hours seems a little like overkill to Canmedaa.

Because the OP is asking specifically about Vyvanse, which as Canmedaa said above is just Dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine) with a little extra something on it to make it last longer she would suggest that the OP try down-grading to either the regular dextroamphetamine spansules (appx. 8 hours of effect) or drop all the way down the ladder to the Instant-release format which gives far more control over when one would like to be under the influence and for how long.

It is not uncommon for Canmedaa to take between 10-20mg of Dex IR in the late evening and still get to sleep without artifical assistance by between 1-3am.

If the OP decides to try dropping down to previous footsteps in the evolution of Dextroamphetamine they will still be taking the same drug, it just wont last as long. The prescribing physician can do the math to provide a dosage of a different format that is on par with whatever dosage of Vyvanse the OP is taking.

Nighty Night,
-CAN

Share this on:

Tags
vyvanse