Notices

DMT and Ayahuasca DMT, Phalaris, Yopo, Mimosa, Virola & Ayahuasca

Old 10-02-2011, 17:20

Male from United States
marijuanaking is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Cebil snuff shelf life

After alot of research SWIM finaly got the balls to try the snuff almost 3 weeks ago. Initialy SWIM had 10 toasted A. columbrina seeds and a 4:1 ratio baking soda all powdered together. Enough water was added to this mix to turn it into a dough-like consistancy and left to sit overnight. SWIM dosed half the snuff and the rest has sat in a ceramic bowl, covered with saran wrap up until now. Any idea as to the shelf life of this shit? Is it still good? Has the potentancy changed at all from sitting around the extra time? SWIM would like to take the rest of this soon. Any info is appreciated
Old 11-02-2011, 18:21
Gold Member

31 y/o Male from United States
Jasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline Medline
Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Cebil snuff shelf life

For the storage of any drugs or medications: They should be stored in air tight containers away from heat and light. The specific conditions of the storage are critical in this case and the subject has not provided enough information to make an estimate. If the saran wrap was sealed well and little air was in the container, the container was stored in the dark at room temperature (all assumptions I'm making) after three weeks it still may be good. I think it's likely to still be good. One would not want to keep it in such conditions for months at a time.

If the subject does experiment with this after this storage, please report back on the experience. It may help others to know more information on the shelf life of a cebil snuff.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:37
Titanium Member

Male from United States
69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline
Points: 3,508, Level: 8 Points: 3,508, Level: 8 Points: 3,508, Level: 8
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

It’s AFOAFs experience with pure bufotenine that it turns black after several weeks and doesn’t work well anymore without re-freebasing it. This happens even in an air tight light proof container. I don’t know what causes this. There’s been speculation about this on another forum but no hard core proof of what happens to it. But it can be refreshed by re-freebasing it. That indicates to me that bufotenine carbonate is forming. When re-freebased, bubbles form, so again that indicates its forming bufotenine carbonate. Mescaline freebase is well known to form mescaline carbonate and it’s pKa is similar to bufotenine, so this very likely happens with bufotenine.

So essentially, the shelf life of the snuff is pretty short. As the bufotenine darkens it becomes more nauseating and less psychedelic. This is AFOAFs experience. So make the snuff when you need it. Don’t store it for too long.

AFOAF once produced several grams of pure white freebase bufotenine crystals. He planned to save it for a long time, hearing about how stable bufotenine is. He put it in a small air tight vial, in complete darkness. After about 3 months it was all black like coal, no longer powder, just one large black lump, and it was very nauseating to smoke it. It produced nausea and head tension, and almost no visuals. After dissolving it in hydrochloric acid, bubbles formed. He re-freebased it, and it was good again. He’s not been able to figure out how to stop the freebase bufotenine from turning black. If somehow knows how, please tell us!

Last edited by 69Ron; 12-02-2011 at 01:45.
Old 14-02-2011, 19:23
Gold Member

Jasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline Medline

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Ron View Post
It’s AFOAFs experience with pure bufotenine that it turns black after several weeks and doesn’t work well anymore without re-freebasing it. This happens even in an air tight light proof container.
I would be interested to see if this is the same result if stored under inert atmosphere or in a desiccator. Is it possible the carbonate could form from the carbon dioxide present in the air?
Old 14-02-2011, 21:26
Titanium Member

Male from United States
69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline

Yes it’s possible I think. Mescaline carbonate forms from freebase mescaline by exposure to the carbon dioxide in the air, and its pKa is pretty much the same as bufotenine, so I am sure this can happen to bufotenine. I think an inert gas is probably needed for long term storage, or something that absorbs the carbon dioxide.
Old 14-02-2011, 23:17
Gold Member

How could a lay person provide an inert gas? I suppose helium (for inflating balloons) would be a great option. As a noble gas, helium is very non-reactive (inert). What other options might be available? I don't mean to take the thread off topic, but I do think this is relevant.
Old 14-02-2011, 23:45
Titanium Member

Male from United States

I think the inert gas idea is impractical.

They have oxygen absorbing packs, and moisture absorbing packs easily available OTC. Is there a carbon dioxide absorber that’s available?

Share this on:

Tags
bufotenin, bufotenine, cebil, dmt, dmt freebase, jwh, jwh-18, shelf life, yopo

» New Threads
Anyone else not content being...
Last post by Cannabis Kratom
24 Replies, 789 Views
Cocaine to Crack with baking soda...
Last post by Nosferatus
11 Replies, 216 Views
I think I'm giving up on DXM.
Last post by Adas