Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Concerta & Ritalin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Concerta & Ritalin About Methylphenidate.

Old 30-01-2011, 01:15
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from Canada
f3xapf is an unknown quantity at this point
Biphentin is a bitch to abuse.

I edited this post due to it having some wrong information...

I would like to discuss Biphentin, the newest "non-abusable", non-addictive ADHD medication. Biphentin is a long acting white and blue capsule with little white beads inside.

The delivery method is different from other ADHD medications because it lasts up to 12 hours and releases 40% as IR and 60 ER.

This person I know is 24 years old and has been prescribed Ritalin IR since he was six years old.

The preferred method of Ingestion was always Insufflation, but the beads are very waxy, and very tough.

Be prepared as these beads can fly everywhere, doesn't crush right, and is very loud. He also said, for 30 mg he is not feeling near as much and has an unpleasant drip.

He he usually puts it in a pill bottle and crushes it with a lighter. And as for the wax he didn't quite figured that out yet.. IR tabs mixed in did help with consistency.

He was prescribed 20mg IR 2 times daily in the morning and at lunch. Then had to increase his dosage to 60mg, 25mg twice daily and 10 mg before supper for boxing after wards.

He enjoyed this as you could almost snort them whole they are so chalky. But now he is on this shit and is forced to live with it. Time release is the new thing I guess.

If you do a search, you will find many people claiming Biphentin is non-abusable and non-addictive, but in fact it is just difficult and not that enjoyable. Already being familiar with the Ritalin, he would like to explore any thoughts, or methods anyone may have discovered before ingestion. Thanks

Last edited by f3xapf; 20-02-2011 at 03:18.
Old 30-01-2011, 16:53
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute
Re: Biphentin, The newest non abusable methylphenidate capsule.

Biphentin appears to be the Canadian equivalent of Ritalin LA. It's just a capsule with beads inside? You should be able to crush up the beads and swallow them to make it immediate release.

Anything that contains methylphenidate has the potential for abuse and addiction, so I don't know where you got the idea that it is "non-abusable and non-addictive".
Old 30-01-2011, 18:34
Silver Member

Male from United States
ratatata is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

my cat is unfamiliar with this but from what it sounds like it is a prodrug, in the vein of vyvanse, which would mean that yes, outside of taking larger doses, theres no way to abuse it
Old 30-01-2011, 19:05
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from Canada

ww w. addadhdblog. com/biphentin-the-newest-addadhd-medication-in-canada/#adb82

Can Biphentin Be Abused?
One of the concerns with any stimulant medicine is the risk that it may be abused. If someone takes too much of the medicine, and tries to take it as a drug – i.e. snort it – then it can produce a ‘high’.
I am happy to report, that similar to the other long acting preparations of stimulant medicines (like Concerta and Adderall XR), Biphentin is not abusable. That means that someone couldn’t use it to get a ‘high’.
It is important for you to also know that Biphentin is not addictive.
Old 30-01-2011, 19:13
Silver Member

Male from United States

my cat searched briefly, but couldn't find anything; do any cats know what kind of time release mechanism it uses? adderall xr has also been toted as "not abusable" because it is xr and snorting beads has no effect but it OBVIOUSLY is extremely abusable with simple crushing
Old 30-01-2011, 19:50
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratatata View Post
my cat searched briefly, but couldn't find anything; do any cats know what kind of time release mechanism it uses? adderall xr has also been toted as "not abusable" because it is xr and snorting beads has no effect but it OBVIOUSLY is extremely abusable with simple crushing
"Controlled released methylphenidate (Biphentin) has a unique MLR (multi-layer release) delivery system with a duration of action of 1012 hours. The capsule is composed of beads. Each bead has two layers where the outside coat provides immediate release of methylphenidate (40% of the total dose) and then the controlled release layer provides 60% of the total dose."

I found an extensive writeup here, ww w.drbehrmann.com/BPPM. pdf
Old 30-01-2011, 21:34
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

^^That is the same way Adderall XR and Ritalin LA are made. All you have to do is crush the beads to make them all immediate release and then swallow them all. That way you will get the full dose all at once.

Even if it was impossible to beat the timerelease (which it isn't), it would still be abusable and addictive. Any med with methylphenidate is addictive and abusable. Taking it for any other reason than prescribed, taking more than prescribed, or taking it when it isn't prescribed to you means you are abusing it. Methlyphenidate is a drug of abuse, period. Any medicine with methylphenidate in it can be absued and can be addictive. The only add drug that isn't abusable are the ones like strattera that dont have amphetamine/amphetamine type drugs in them.

That quote you gave is total bs.
Old 30-01-2011, 23:17
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingPictures View Post
^^That is the same way Adderall XR and Ritalin LA are made. All you have to do is crush the beads to make them all immediate release and then swallow them all. That way you will get the full dose all at once.

Even if it was impossible to beat the timerelease (which it isn't), it would still be abusable and addictive. Any med with methylphenidate is addictive and abusable. Taking it for any other reason than prescribed, taking more than prescribed, or taking it when it isn't prescribed to you means you are abusing it. Methlyphenidate is a drug of abuse, period. Any medicine with methylphenidate in it can be absued and can be addictive. The only add drug that isn't abusable are the ones like strattera that dont have amphetamine/amphetamine type drugs in them.

That quote you gave is total bs.
Besides the obvious method of parachuting or Increasing dosage, Tpik is more focused on Insufflation. He has seen and pulled those quotes from many sites and is finding it somewhat true.
He finds inhaling the crushed micro-fine beads has little to no effects and just raises anxiety levels and heart rate. Also I'm not sure if Biphentin is a Pro-drug which binds the MPH to a protein that can only be activated by the liver. So it Cannot be injected or snorted or it is simply rendered useless.

f3xapf added 2 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

I can't edit post, Vyvanse is a MPH pro-drug which could also make for some interesting answers.

Protein division anybody?

Last edited by f3xapf; 30-01-2011 at 23:17. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 31-01-2011, 01:38
Silver Member

Male from United States

vyvanse is amp, not mph

however while my cat doesn't know a lot about time release mechanisms because he's only dealt with a few, just at face value, it seems to him like one could just crush these and sniff them
Old 31-01-2011, 05:04
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from Canada
robotripper is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 1,260, Level: 5 Points: 1,260, Level: 5 Points: 1,260, Level: 5
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by f3xapf View Post
Hello, I would like to discuss Biphentin, the newest "non-abusable, non-addictive ADHD medication. Biphentin is a long acting white and blue capsule with little white beads inside.
The delivery method is diffirent from other ADHD medications because the Methylphenidate (MPH) remains inactive until metabolized by the liver so it can only be swallowed.
This person I know (T-PIK) is 24 years old and has been prescribed Ritalin IR (instant release) since he was six years old. T-PIK was prescribed 20mg 2 times daily in the morning and at lunch.
T-PIK had to increase his dosage to 60mg, 25mg twice daily and 10 mg before supper for boxing afterwards.
He did this because he has has built up a high tolerance over 18 years. The doctor labeled this as substance abuse and switched his meds. He is now prescribed 30mg Biphentin once daily, he said he feels a fart more than that pill.
Biphentin is considered non-abusable but T-PIK has a goal of proving this wrong. Already being familiar with the Ritalin, he would like to explore any thoughts, input or methods of activating the MPH before ingestion for different delivery methods. Thanks
This is completely untrue, i think you had better find a better source because SWIM has been prescribed Biphentin for the past 6 months and has abused it more than he's taken it as prescribed and it most definitely is NOT a pro-drug.

Not only has SWIM and friends caught a buzz of said medication, SWIMS prescription container totes the medication as "methylphenidate Hcl" no indications of a protein being added to the molecule at all.

Like others have said it is literally the methylphenidate equivalent of Adderall XR. And all that is required for it to work is to simply crush the beads. Hope
SWIM has put any doubt's SWIY had to rest.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Factual advice and experience from someone who is actually on the drug. Thank you for clearing this up.
Old 31-01-2011, 15:50
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from Canada

Thank you robo, that did clear things up. Tpik has only been on Biphentin for about a week and has visited many sites that all say the same thing about abuse potential, why? Maybe to detour people from actually trying to abuse it.
Having little information about this medication compared to others on the net made it somewhat difficult to come to a clear understanding.
So disregard my first post as it is Inaccurate. I had mentioned in my last post I was unclear if Biphentin was a pro-drug like Vyvanse.
Could there be something different about the formula of Biphentin that would produce a less euphoric effect with increased Anxiety/Heart palpitations compared to Methylphenidate IR? He went from one medication straight to another and it just seems like two different worlds. Could the long acting coatings interfere with absorption?

f3xapf added 2 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

I should add Via Insufflation.

Last edited by f3xapf; 31-01-2011 at 15:50. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-02-2011, 05:47
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from Canada
robotripper is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 1,260, Level: 5 Points: 1,260, Level: 5 Points: 1,260, Level: 5
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by f3xapf View Post
Tpik has only been on Biphentin for about a week and has visited many sites that all say the same thing about abuse potential, why? Maybe to detour people from actually trying to abuse it.
Personally i cannot honestly say i understand what you mean, the quote you referred in one of your first posts (this is a excerpt obviously) :

"That similar to the other long acting preparations of stimulant medicines (like Concerta and Adderall XR), Biphentin is not abusable."

This clearly states it is a time release mechanism considered, pseudo-non-abusable, by parents whom don't understand the beads can be crushed to achieve a high. The pseudo meaning that the time release mechanism does little but convince parents they're teenage children are unable to abuse their medication, whilst doing little to actually prevent abuse by teenagers who desire to abuse.

Being that Concerta and Adderall XR are both self proclaimed "Not abusable" medications, and biphentin likens its chances of abuse to that of adderall which is undoubtedly quite high.

Also this quote ""Controlled released methylphenidate (Biphentin) has a unique MLR (multi-layer release) delivery system with a duration of action of 1012 hours. The capsule is composed of beads. Each bead has two layers where the outside coat provides immediate release of methylphenidate (40% of the total dose) and then the controlled release layer provides 60% of the total dose."

Mentions nothing more than what has been stated earlier that there is nothing more than a layer on the beads, which as logic would have it can be easily by-passed by crushing the bead freeing the drug from the protective layer.

So what i believe is actually happening is not so much a stockpile of websites pointing to the idea that this medication is not abusable, as much as it is a stockpile of websites who would rather not actually refer to factual evidence that Adderall and other such medications ARE abusable. Just because they put a deterrent for abuse on the pill does not mean it should be considered non abusable.

Furthermore in response to some of your other questions the ingrediants in one 30mg pill of biphentin are as fallows: gelatin, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, methyl acrylic acid copolymer, polyethylene glycol, sugar beads, talc, and triethyl citrate; capsule shell: FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C Red No. 3, and titanium dioxide.

Now obviously gelatin is in most pills and will affect absorbtion to some degree, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is also a gelatin like substance and is often used in replacement of animal gelatin. methyl acrylic acid copolymer from what i understand serves as making sure if the medication where not full broken it would not be released until meeting the basic environment of the intestines.

So from simply searching a bit on the first 3 ingredients SWIM would conclude that perhaps SWIY is not powderizing the beads enough thus resulting in drastic loss of product. Swim cannot stress enough how important it is to get these beads in specific ground up very well as they are very hard to fully powderize unless really going at it.

SWIMS favorite technique is to simply fold a piece of paper (construction paper thickness is recommended, doesn't necessarily have to be construction paper) in half, than empty the beads into it let them rest on the crease, close the fold and roll over the beads with a 10 pound dumb-bell until fully crushed.

Hope that helps

-robotripper
Old 03-02-2011, 06:05
Silver Member

Male from United States

my cat has used a similar method for crushing adderall beads using a spoon over paper or currently a round bottom wood cutting tool

my cat agrees completely and thinks/is sure that abuse is entirely impossible, but just hindered by the fact that binders are present for nasal use. if a cat were to post the inactive ingredients and binders involved an extraction could perhaps even be easily done. my cat doesn't know a great deal in regards to chemistry or extraction but is trying to learn and would at least try to help if a list of binders and such were posted. this would still be abusable without an extraction but binders are bad for a cats nose and reduce absorption. extracted material will provide a better high simply because with less material, more is absorbed, regardless of the fact that its better for a cats health
Old 22-03-2013, 17:55

Male from Canada
TheUnknown is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Re: Biphentin is a bitch to abuse.

I do not know anybody or have met anybody named Frank. So this guy Frank, has Biphentin capsules, and he laughs at the fact that it is apparently non-abusable and he says that its only a bitch to abuse because of the beads. He says that if you take a flat surface and empty a capsule onto it, you just have to take a credit card of any sorts, and place it oer a pile of say 20 beads, then he holds the corners of the card down and uses the edge of the bottom of a lighter and 'scratches' the card until no 'cracking' is heard any more. then he makes a line and snorts it with a straw or a rolled up bill.

Invest in a pill crusher, you can buy them online or at a shoppers drug mart, or any drug store for that matter. Frank says that it is worth it tenfold.
Old 22-03-2013, 18:06
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.
Points: 1,012, Level: 4 Points: 1,012, Level: 4 Points: 1,012, Level: 4
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

Even if not crushed, it's still abusable by using higher doses. Perhaps a slower onset and longer experience is even desired.
Old 28-03-2014, 17:59

19 y/o Male from Canada
drugaddict666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Hey guys im new here, 30mg biphentin was wondering if there worth opening the capsule and crushing the beads a snorting that?. Sorry if i put this in the wrong place or anything like that.

Post Quality Evaluations:
this very subject is covered in this thread, please read before posting, then come to your own conclusions. There are rarely black and white answers when it comes to stuff like this.

Share this on:

Tags
concerta, dexedrine, drug abuse, methylphenidate, ritalin, snorting drugs, strattera

» New Threads
Detoxing off Methadone
Last post by LuLu81
0 Replies, 1 Views
7 days clean from Oxycodone - need...
Last post by Taarna
6 Replies, 196 Views
Heart rate lower after taking...
Last post by V4Vyndetta
0 Replies, 14 Views
sometimes when the hopeless...
Last post by beentheredonethatagain