Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Adderall
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 24-08-2010, 15:17
masonicboom masonicboom is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 24-08-2010
37 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 8
masonicboom needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Doctors Deny Treatment

I have been misdiagnosed for years with depression.
I finally realized what the problem was, it was ADHD.

I match the desription of someone with ADHD 100%
and when someone gave me 16 of the 20 mg IR tablets,

I used them properly and experienced the first relief from
my hellish state of mind that keeps me down.

I was able to play my guitar without losing interest for hours
also I was able to read a 700 page book in less than a week.
I was able to take my dogs to the park without getting frustrated.

The drugs that the doctors prescribe are no help at all and
actually make me worse. I have told them this and they ignore it.

I told them of how helpful and succesfull my trial of adderall was.
They did not want to hear it and said that since I had a long ago
'drug history' of smoking heroin, that I WOULD NEVER EVER RECEIVE THE
EFFECTIVE TREATMENT.

I have been told this again and again by doctor after doctor and they
do not care that the lack of treatment is killing me literally.
When I had the adderall, all desire to drink alcohol was gone.

Now, without adderall, I feel like I need to drink starting around 7:00 a.m.

Anyone else had this problem. It is not only making my life miserable,
but my dog who has little time to live as well as my mother and father who i live with. They more than acknowledge that I am a much better person on adderall.

Why is it that doctors will not prescribe the only medication that helps me ??? !!!
  #2  
Old 24-08-2010, 15:27
Spucky Spucky is offline
Palladium Member
 
Join Date: 09-02-2009
Male from Japan
Posts: 2,415
Spucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline Medline
Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
AW: Doctors Deny Treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonicboom View Post
Why is it that doctors will not prescribe the only medication that helps me ??? !!!
Because maybe he is a good Doctor?

Look, that medication do not help swiny,
in fact it will made it more hard for swiny to cope with his problems!

Try other and maybe better alternatives than this Pill!
Go more deep inside this problematic and have a look
what other Country's/ Health Systems are doing!


ps. Watch "Generation Rx"

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good advice. The doctors are doing the dutiful thing in this case.
  #3  
Old 25-08-2010, 00:04
fizzle fizzle is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 02-07-2006
27 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 510
fizzle is on the way upfizzle is on the way upfizzle is on the way up
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: Doctors Deny Treatment

While I do think that there are often better options than pharmaceuticals, they do have their place and help a lot of people. Many doctors are simply scared to dish out scheduled meds like stimulants, yet anti-depressants are handed out like candy. Swim was prescribed paroxetine (Paxil) for social anxiety within 30 minutes of meeting with a psychiatrist for the very first time. Can an accurate diagnosis really be made within that time, or is there a misconception that SSRIs are harmless thus they are treated as such? Well it turned out that ADHD (inattentive type) was the cause behind much of his anxiety. There is so much stigma attached to stimulant medications that it often interferes with proper diagnosis and treatment.

The doctor works for you, not the other way around. I think denying someone treatment is unethical and harmful. Now that does not mean they should give Swiy whatever he wants, but they should be willing to work with him (and vice versa). If the doc is ignoring Swiy then what is the point of even seeing them? Swiy has a choice to find another doctor who actually cares about his patients.

With that said, the best thing to do it to get tested for ADHD, as that gives some credibility to back up his statements. You may think that he has it, but where is the evidence? A self-diagnosis alone does not merit being given Adderall. Stimulants will help anybody focus, become motivated, be more productive, etc. That does not mean that everyone has ADHD though.

Spucky, what do you suggest? You mention alternatives but give no examples.
  #4  
Old 25-08-2010, 00:20
Burnz Burnz is offline
Palladium Member
 
Join Date: 13-09-2009
Male from United States
Posts: 154
Burnz really adds to the discussion.Burnz really adds to the discussion.Burnz really adds to the discussion.Burnz really adds to the discussion.Burnz really adds to the discussion.Burnz really adds to the discussion.
Points: 857, Level: 4 Points: 857, Level: 4 Points: 857, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Doctors Deny Treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonicboom View Post
Why is it that doctors will not prescribe the only medication that helps me ??? !!!
Because of common practice in the U.S. healtchcare system that once a medical practicioner is made aware of a patients "drug problem" (granted, how long ago this was and of what nature may give the prescribing MD some discretionary power) they will not, unless it's abolutely medically necessary (e.x. narcotic pain medication for intractable cancer pain) dispense controlled substances to said patient.

It sucks I know, been through it myself.

Some questions however, how is it that these doctors (SWIM got the impression you have been to several) all know of your past problems with H? Did you tell them or are they all members of the same hospital/medical group.
What area of the US are you in? Different states have different political climates regarding dispensing certain meds (ex. difference in availability and prescribing practices for narcotic pain meds between states of Kentucky and Florida.)

Finally, do you know if your state has a Prescription Moinitoring Program?

Feel free to PM me anytime, I'm here for you and feel for your problem.

Last edited by Burnz; 17-10-2010 at 17:55. Reason: Accuracy
  #5  
Old 25-08-2010, 16:00
Spucky Spucky is offline
Palladium Member
 
Join Date: 09-02-2009
Male from Japan
Posts: 2,415
Spucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline Medline
Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
AW: Re: Doctors Deny Treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzle View Post
Spucky, what do you suggest? You mention alternatives but give no examples.
I am a Googleloge and not a Medical Doc ,
but my Idea behind is that there are People with ADHS. all around over the World
but only a tiny part of them get Adderall as a Medicine!

But Medicine should heal and Adderall don't do that,
in fact it will made the situation more worse!
What do you think happen to the People who used that Stuff for 10-15 or even 20 Years?
  #6  
Old 26-08-2010, 01:16
Canmedaa Canmedaa is offline
Titanium Member
 
Join Date: 20-11-2009
Female from Canada
Posts: 402
Canmedaa must live here.Canmedaa must live here.Canmedaa must live here.Canmedaa must live here.Canmedaa must live here.Canmedaa must live here.Canmedaa must live here.
Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Doctors Deny Treatment

SWIM first response is that SWIY needs to fire his or her physicians and get new ones.

When SWIM is faced with a psychiatric patient for the first time one of the first orders of business is to discuss with the patient their past drug use and then to discuss the benefits of those drugs. SWIM's job is often made quite easy when a patient confesses to having tried a prescription medication and found that it alleviated their symptoms, since them SWIM can discuss that medication in particular, but also bring to the table the consideration of other medications in that category or that have those effects.

Adderall is the biggest bad boy on the market for ADHD and SWIM is neither a personal or professional fan of Adderall for several reasons. SWIM prefers that patients begin an ADHD regimen with an older, milder amphetamine at a low dose with possible intentions to titer upwards from starting dose.

SWIM is rarely concerned about past histories of abuse for measures can put in place between the physician and the patient to monitor potential onset of addiction and also to thwart abuse of the prescribed medication. SWIM is personally a fan of using bi-weekly refills in patients whose risk for severe abuse is extremely high, along with mandatory participation in therapy or a drug abuse support program in the community.

SWIM absolutely believes in drugs and always has or she would not do what she does. SWIM believes in beneficence, a major staple of medical practice, and SWIM suggests that if SWIY cannot find another physician that SWIY bring up the topic of beneficence and ask the physician directly if its more beneficial to SWIY to be on a regulated medication with a support plan, or to leave SWIY do his own devices?

Use a word like beneficence with a stubborn, unreasonable physician and they will either blow their top or magically remember that class in med school and remember that they are responsible for making these decisions on behalf of their patients and if they cannot even do that, they were a waste of seat in a medical class.

Don't be afraid to fight your physicians on their territory in their language. Nothing slaps the audacity out of them than a patient that can hold their own in a head-to-head.

Good Luck,
-CAN

Post Quality Evaluations:
well informed, problem-solving and harm-reducing, this needed to be said.
Incredibly helpful advice! Bravo! Truely practical!
Adderall IS amphetamine, please keep basic facts straight.
  #7  
Old 07-09-2010, 10:23
dyingtomorrow dyingtomorrow is offline
R.I.P.
 
Join Date: 16-10-2008
31 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 2,590
Blog Entries: 5
dyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 8,663, Level: 13 Points: 8,663, Level: 13 Points: 8,663, Level: 13
Activity: 11.0% Activity: 11.0% Activity: 11.0%
Re: Doctors Deny Treatment

SWIM should just go to a different doctor, there is definitely one out there who will help you despite your past addiction.

There are two ways to go about it:

1) Go to a doctor / psychiatrist, tell them you have always had trouble concentrating and have been anxious, unfocused and irritated ever since childhood. Don't tell them about your drug addiction history, but ask them if you could take an ADHD test since you had been reading up about it and thought it might explain the problems you have had in your life. If you meet the criteria, they will probably start you off low and build you up. Later, once you have established ADHD with one doctor, it would be easier to switch to another if you really feel the need to talk with one about your drug addiction history and have them work with you on it. If not, then still you have the meds that help you.

2) Just be totally honest. If a doctor doesn't want to help you then try another. Tell them you you will be willing to submit to whatever they require to prove you aren't abusing your medication - pill counts, drug tests, etc. More than likely they will give you extended release medication since IR is more prone to abuse, but that would be better than nothing. There is definitely a doctor out there that would help. Actually the way SWIM first got ADHD medicine was through his family doctor, he had been there multiple times for depression, and admitted that his friend gave him a Concerta (best to go for ER versions, not IR), and that it made him clear headed, feel "right," and since he wasn't frustrated his depression went away.

SWIM too has a history of heroin addiction. Fortunately he found a doctor who was willing to help him. He was also diagnosed as bi-polar though, so that helped him get his various adderall/Focalin/vyvanse prescriptions since it is established that they go hand in hand, and his doctors just assumed it was the case based upon what he told them. Since he had a previous prescription for Concerta (which is not very abusable anyways), that also helped. They won't give SWIM IR medication, but that doesn't matter. The extended release doesn't last very long for him, so they gave him ER doses multiple times a day.

It would probably be harder to get a doctor to prescribe ADHD meds, admittedly, without that added bi-polar problem, but definitely still possible if you find a compassionate doctor - and they are out there. I am not recommending illegitimate doctor shopping - but if you have been depressed your whole life, and found a treatment which works, it is something you should receive, especially if it makes it so you don't abuse other drugs.

Final piece of advice: go online and look for psychiatrists in the area that specialize in ADHD. They are out there and it should say in their listing. They are much more likely to understand the difficulty and depression that results from ADHD, and, if you choose to tell them about your history, that untreated ADHD can cause drug addiction. And that legitimate medication can help prevent relapse by curing the cause of your depression/hyperactive brain. A truly good and professional psychiatrist recognizes that treatment for legitimate conditions is the number one priority, and that history does not matter except in regards to choosing a form of ADHD medication which is not prone to abuse.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Sound advice on getting a legitimate diagnosis.
  #8  
Old 07-09-2010, 13:51
Master_Khan Master_Khan is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 12-04-2009
Male from Vanuatu
Posts: 494
Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 719, Level: 4 Points: 719, Level: 4 Points: 719, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Doctors Deny Treatment

Not surprisingly, the Doctor did not react well to swiy's self diagnosis and self medication. Get a new doc and try a different approach. And good luck & be well.
  #9  
Old 25-01-2011, 17:32
masonicboom masonicboom is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 24-08-2010
37 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 8
masonicboom needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Re: AW: Doctors Deny Treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spucky View Post
Because maybe he is a good Doctor?

Look, that medication do not help swiny,
in fact it will made it more hard for swiny to cope with his problems!

Try other and maybe better alternatives than this Pill!
Go more deep inside this problematic and have a look
what other Country's/ Health Systems are doing!


ps. Watch "Generation Rx"

Your response makes me wonder if you are ignorant, trying to be an asshole, or have a language barrier.
You post your opinions as if they were fact. Not So.
You have the nerve to tell me that the medication does not help me?
Sounds to me like you are just trying to be a shilly troll.
Have A Nice Day in whatever country it is where your language and grammar are from.
What are these alternatives you speak of?

Post Quality Evaluations:
This post borders on flaming. There is no need to state asshole, ignorant
ayayay, there is no need to be so rude,and as you can see there is a questionmaker behind the first statement!
  #10  
Old 25-01-2011, 18:40
Alfa Alfa is nu online
Productive insomniac
Administrator
 
Join Date: 14-01-2003
99 y/o Male from Netherlands
Posts: 27,732
Blog Entries: 5
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 83,278, Level: 41 Points: 83,278, Level: 41 Points: 83,278, Level: 41
Activity: 51.2% Activity: 51.2% Activity: 51.2%
Re: Doctors Deny Treatment

Relax. Spucky is trying to help and does not intent anything negative. Please be respectful of other members like described in the rules.
  #11  
Old 26-01-2011, 00:09
masonicboom masonicboom is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 24-08-2010
37 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 8
masonicboom needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Re: Doctors Deny Treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa View Post
Relax. Spucky is trying to help and does not intent anything negative. Please be respectful of other members like described in the rules.
I just read his post again and I cannot find one sentence where he could even possibly be trying to help.

First He Quotes Me, "
Why is it that doctors will not prescribe the only medication that helps me ??? !!! "

and replies, "Because maybe he is a good Doctor?"

How does refusing to prescribe beneficial medicine make him a good doctor? It doesn't. That means that Spucky's sole purpose for that comment was to express his disagreement with me. I found it to be unnecessarily sarcastic.

He then says: "Look, that medication do not help swiny,
in fact it will made it more hard for swiny to cope with his problems!"

Again nothing but an opinion and disagreement.

Last, he says,"Try other and maybe better alternatives than this Pill!
Go more deep inside this problematic and have a look
what other Country's/ Health Systems are doing!"

I honestly do not understand what he means there, but for my personal health, what is going on in other countries is irrelevant to this issue.

Certainly nothing in there that in any way could be considered trying to help. I got a unfriendly sarcastic vibe and the impression that he was replying solely to disagree with me, which is what he did.

Subtle as it may be, he was disrespectful.

Also, the reputation feature is not working. Upon submitting, a page of html comes up. The reputation comment is not registered, yet when attempting to re-do it says you cannot do it twice. ERROR.

Once again for him to say that the doctor that denied me the medication I needed was a good doctor for doing so is not being helpful, it is acting like a troll.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

masonicboom added 23 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzle View Post
While I do think that there are often better options than pharmaceuticals, they do have their place and help a lot of people. Many doctors are simply scared to dish out scheduled meds like stimulants, yet anti-depressants are handed out like candy. Swim was prescribed paroxetine (Paxil) for social anxiety within 30 minutes of meeting with a psychiatrist for the very first time. Can an accurate diagnosis really be made within that time, or is there a misconception that SSRIs are harmless thus they are treated as such? Well it turned out that ADHD (inattentive type) was the cause behind much of his anxiety. There is so much stigma attached to stimulant medications that it often interferes with proper diagnosis and treatment.

The doctor works for you, not the other way around. I think denying someone treatment is unethical and harmful. Now that does not mean they should give Swiy whatever he wants, but they should be willing to work with him (and vice versa). If the doc is ignoring Swiy then what is the point of even seeing them? Swiy has a choice to find another doctor who actually cares about his patients.

With that said, the best thing to do it to get tested for ADHD, as that gives some credibility to back up his statements. You may think that he has it, but where is the evidence? A self-diagnosis alone does not merit being given Adderall. Stimulants will help anybody focus, become motivated, be more productive, etc. That does not mean that everyone has ADHD though.

Spucky, what do you suggest? You mention alternatives but give no examples.
Yes, I find it to be ironic that they say Antidepressants are harmless and non-addictive, yet they tell you not to stop taking them abruptly.
If they were not addictive why would that be necessary?
Also they will not prescribe me ADHD medication but decided to give me risperdal when they cold-turkeyed me off my clonapin. This was a double whammy. First, you should never cold turkey from 3 clonapin a day. It is dangerous and they were negligent in doing so. Even worse was to prescribe the antipsychotic risperdal after I told them it did not agree with me. They insisted and after taking it I had a stroke and Months of severe ataxia with the inability to walk or perform basic tasks and bad tremors. I tried to play my guitar yesterday and experienced a scary episode of tardrive dyskinesia in my left hand. I will never fully recover from what they did to me.

I very much agree with you statement that the doctor works for you and not the other way around. However, the doctors I've dealt with see it quite opposite. During the visit, they ask the questions. They tell you what to do, and they do not like you questioning their instructions.
I had a psychiatrist fly off the handle when I dared to ask questions and reminded him he worked for me.

I have taken ADHD tests and they indicate I do have ADHD. These were online and at a psychiatrists office. Regarldess he still refused to treat.

I am very upset and have a personal opinion that most psychiatrists are corrupt psuedo-scientists who do not even understand what they are doing other than talking to someone for 10 minutes, chosing from a list of a few common diagnosis, and writing a prescription for a drug that they endorse. I have been diagnosed with nearly every diagnosis there is and each time they diagnose me different. They have most recently diagnosed me as schizophrenic which is why they gave me the risperdal that nearly killed me.

What is further enfuriorating is the fact that I know people who have doctors that give them everything and anything they want. That would be OK but these doctors do not know that these people are selling the pills that they get for free for 10 dollars a piece. I know a 60 year old woman who sells her adderall for 10 dollars a piece while her insurance pays 100%

If I had a script I would never think of selling them for any cost.
So it seems the evil always prevails when it comes to who gets meds and how they use or abuse them.

masonicboom added 9 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canmedaa View Post
SWIM first response is that SWIY needs to fire his or her physicians and get new ones.

When SWIM is faced with a psychiatric patient for the first time one of the first orders of business is to discuss with the patient their past drug use and then to discuss the benefits of those drugs. SWIM's job is often made quite easy when a patient confesses to having tried a prescription medication and found that it alleviated their symptoms, since them SWIM can discuss that medication in particular, but also bring to the table the consideration of other medications in that category or that have those effects.

Adderall is the biggest bad boy on the market for ADHD and SWIM is neither a personal or professional fan of Adderall for several reasons. SWIM prefers that patients begin an ADHD regimen with an older, milder amphetamine at a low dose with possible intentions to titer upwards from starting dose.

SWIM is rarely concerned about past histories of abuse for measures can put in place between the physician and the patient to monitor potential onset of addiction and also to thwart abuse of the prescribed medication. SWIM is personally a fan of using bi-weekly refills in patients whose risk for severe abuse is extremely high, along with mandatory participation in therapy or a drug abuse support program in the community.

SWIM absolutely believes in drugs and always has or she would not do what she does. SWIM believes in beneficence, a major staple of medical practice, and SWIM suggests that if SWIY cannot find another physician that SWIY bring up the topic of beneficence and ask the physician directly if its more beneficial to SWIY to be on a regulated medication with a support plan, or to leave SWIY do his own devices?

Use a word like beneficence with a stubborn, unreasonable physician and they will either blow their top or magically remember that class in med school and remember that they are responsible for making these decisions on behalf of their patients and if they cannot even do that, they were a waste of seat in a medical class.

Don't be afraid to fight your physicians on their territory in their language. Nothing slaps the audacity out of them than a patient that can hold their own in a head-to-head.

Good Luck,
-CAN
Thanks, you appear to see clearly what problem I am having and have the right view as far as the doctor helping the patient rather than leaving them to their own devices. When these docs denied me treatment, I had to tell them honestly that in that case I would no doubt be drinking alcohol which I do not crave when I have had adderall. They have as much as came out and said they don't care if I drink myself to death, they will not help me.

masonicboom added 14 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Khan View Post
Not surprisingly, the Doctor did not react well to swiy's self diagnosis and self medication. Get a new doc and try a different approach. And good luck & be well.
*sarcasm detector explodes*

What is wrong with self-diagnosis ?? If someone knows enough to do so, they cannot help but realize their condition. I do not like the term self-medication. What constitutes self-medication? Are you saying that just because someone is a doctor they automatically know more about you and your body and mind than you know yourself. That is NOT the case.
I half-suspect you must be a doctor because I know how doctors get with their god-complex and can get very upset if a patient tries to input any info about their condition or treatment. What a doctor wants from you, is for you to describe the symptoms and let him make the diagnosis.
Often a patient already knows the diagnosis, does this make them a bad patient? Many docs think so because it fits in with the fact that the doctor works for you and you do not work for him. Still, tell any doctor that you know what is wrong with you and they feel you are questioning their 'superiority'
When doctors choose not to help, self-medication is the only option. That is if it is possible and the meds are available on the black market.
People who sell their meds make me sick.

masonicboom added 11 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyingtomorrow View Post
SWIM should just go to a different doctor, there is definitely one out there who will help you despite your past addiction.

There are two ways to go about it:

1) Go to a doctor / psychiatrist, tell them you have always had trouble concentrating and have been anxious, unfocused and irritated ever since childhood. Don't tell them about your drug addiction history, but ask them if you could take an ADHD test since you had been reading up about it and thought it might explain the problems you have had in your life. If you meet the criteria, they will probably start you off low and build you up. Later, once you have established ADHD with one doctor, it would be easier to switch to another if you really feel the need to talk with one about your drug addiction history and have them work with you on it. If not, then still you have the meds that help you.

2) Just be totally honest. If a doctor doesn't want to help you then try another. Tell them you you will be willing to submit to whatever they require to prove you aren't abusing your medication - pill counts, drug tests, etc. More than likely they will give you extended release medication since IR is more prone to abuse, but that would be better than nothing. There is definitely a doctor out there that would help. Actually the way SWIM first got ADHD medicine was through his family doctor, he had been there multiple times for depression, and admitted that his friend gave him a Concerta (best to go for ER versions, not IR), and that it made him clear headed, feel "right," and since he wasn't frustrated his depression went away.

SWIM too has a history of heroin addiction. Fortunately he found a doctor who was willing to help him. He was also diagnosed as bi-polar though, so that helped him get his various adderall/Focalin/vyvanse prescriptions since it is established that they go hand in hand, and his doctors just assumed it was the case based upon what he told them. Since he had a previous prescription for Concerta (which is not very abusable anyways), that also helped. They won't give SWIM IR medication, but that doesn't matter. The extended release doesn't last very long for him, so they gave him ER doses multiple times a day.

It would probably be harder to get a doctor to prescribe ADHD meds, admittedly, without that added bi-polar problem, but definitely still possible if you find a compassionate doctor - and they are out there. I am not recommending illegitimate doctor shopping - but if you have been depressed your whole life, and found a treatment which works, it is something you should receive, especially if it makes it so you don't abuse other drugs.

Final piece of advice: go online and look for psychiatrists in the area that specialize in ADHD. They are out there and it should say in their listing. They are much more likely to understand the difficulty and depression that results from ADHD, and, if you choose to tell them about your history, that untreated ADHD can cause drug addiction. And that legitimate medication can help prevent relapse by curing the cause of your depression/hyperactive brain. A truly good and professional psychiatrist recognizes that treatment for legitimate conditions is the number one priority, and that history does not matter except in regards to choosing a form of ADHD medication which is not prone to abuse.
Thanks for the post !! Good advice and in fact what I have done.
Unfortunately still no results other than rejection.

Also bad is that when I first requested help with ADHD meds, they punished me by cutting me off my clonapin cold turkey from 1mg three times a day to zero. I thought doctors were smarter than that.
Seems they want me to have a seizure and sue them.

Post Quality Evaluations:
unreadable
come on dude. this is really unnecessary. all the quoting and arguing and insulting really doesn't help anybody

Last edited by masonicboom; 26-01-2011 at 00:09. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #12  
Old 26-01-2011, 03:35
80sbaby 80sbaby is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 11-03-2010
27 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 163
80sbaby is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 176, Level: 2 Points: 176, Level: 2 Points: 176, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Doctors Deny Treatment

my loooooooooooooooooooong journey through diagnoses have left me with 1 conclusion. they simply are none! people let me remind you that while pshychology is recognized by the goverment and ama , and it even does have the dsmIV (which is a guide to all thier diagniosis book of all listed physciatric conditions).
while they have all this, and they have round the clock advertising on tv, aproval from fda, etc. etc., they simply at the end of the day when it all comes down to fact, is that psychiatry is 100% theory based, and that not 1 diagnosis has been proven by medical fact. they are all assumptions. and if a group of physciatrists say that mental instability is caused by "ADHD", then that is what you will believe. Because 80% of this world believes what they see hear and are told is true, especially if the has an abbreviation. DR, Officer, Your Honor, president, etc.
have you ever seen what the drugs prescribed for you really do to your body, the listed side effects are sometimes worse than the original problem, and not counting the fact that you might not have any other problem except motivation, or self control, or desire.
Also, check your drugs people, alota times, other drugs are used for totally different reasons.
for example, there are several psychiatric drugs being prescribed as anti depressants, SSri, etc.. that also marketed under a different brand name are marketed for nausea, or inflamation, or unirany tract infection.
the list goes on people. before you fully buy into the fact that there is something chemically imbalanced in your brain, and that you are not normal and do need medicine for the rest of your life, before u buy into all that, look around your enviorment, and ask yourself, am i crazy? or do i drive myself nuts??
if you believe that you are crazy, then pop the pill.
if you believe maybe that you drive yourself nuts alot and that you are stressed from the normal everyday burden life throws on us, and that maybe whether it be a cheating wife, or bad kid, or ass boss, these people can either negativly or positivly affect you. that maybe whats really prescribed for you is a much needed vacation out of your ever so controlled overwhelming environment you've created in your life.
check out the Citizens commision on human rights. they have excellent information about the real deal on psychiatry.
i will also tell you this, that i do not agree with everything they say either.
i am only providing information so that you can make the choice.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Helpful, Intelligent and Insightful Post
  #13  
Old 26-01-2011, 06:01
EscapeDummy EscapeDummy is offline
Palladium Member
 
Join Date: 15-04-2009
24 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 1,804
EscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline Medline
Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: AW: Doctors Deny Treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonicboom View Post
Your response makes me wonder if you are ignorant, trying to be an asshole, or have a language barrier.
You post your opinions as if they were fact. Not So.
You have the nerve to tell me that the medication does not help me?
Sounds to me like you are just trying to be a shilly troll.
Have A Nice Day in whatever country it is where your language and grammar are from.
What are these alternatives you speak of?
Spucky is not a "shilly troll", he's a well respected member of this forum. His tagline says "lost in translation" maybe you could chill out and realize english is not everyone's first language. This is an international forum, not a US and UK forum. How would you feel if you posted on a french website and were antagonized for your imperfect grammar? You can read his post, can't you? And if you have difficulty reading it, that says a lot more about your reading comprehension than his ability to speak in a second or third or whatever language english is to him.

And I'm not a doctor so I have no suggestions but what he means by the other countries reference is that stimulants for ADD/ADHD are prescribed like candy in the USA, overprescribed with lots of people who don't need them getting them (not saying that's you). So he's saying look at treatment options that are frequently used in other countries where they won't give you drugs within 15 minutes of meeting you, which has in fact happened to swim before.

Post Quality Evaluations:
post contains flames and insults
  #14  
Old 26-01-2011, 13:08
masonicboom masonicboom is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 24-08-2010
37 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 8
masonicboom needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Re: AW: Doctors Deny Treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeDummy View Post
Spucky is not a "shilly troll", he's a well respected member of this forum. His tagline says "lost in translation" maybe you could chill out and realize english is not everyone's first language. This is an international forum, not a US and UK forum. How would you feel if you posted on a french website and were antagonized for your imperfect grammar? You can read his post, can't you? And if you have difficulty reading it, that says a lot more about your reading comprehension than his ability to speak in a second or third or whatever language english is to him.

And I'm not a doctor so I have no suggestions but what he means by the other countries reference is that stimulants for ADD/ADHD are prescribed like candy in the USA, overprescribed with lots of people who don't need them getting them (not saying that's you). So he's saying look at treatment options that are frequently used in other countries where they won't give you drugs within 15 minutes of meeting you, which has in fact happened to swim before.
OMG I am so offended I do not know what to do !!!
You have ruined my day !!! OMG OMG OMG !!!
P.s. did you have a point, or.... ?

masonicboom added 20 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
my loooooooooooooooooooong journey through diagnoses have left me with 1 conclusion. they simply are none! people let me remind you that while pshychology is recognized by the goverment and ama , and it even does have the dsmIV (which is a guide to all thier diagniosis book of all listed physciatric conditions).
while they have all this, and they have round the clock advertising on tv, aproval from fda, etc. etc., they simply at the end of the day when it all comes down to fact, is that psychiatry is 100% theory based, and that not 1 diagnosis has been proven by medical fact. they are all assumptions. and if a group of physciatrists say that mental instability is caused by "ADHD", then that is what you will believe. Because 80% of this world believes what they see hear and are told is true, especially if the has an abbreviation. DR, Officer, Your Honor, president, etc.
have you ever seen what the drugs prescribed for you really do to your body, the listed side effects are sometimes worse than the original problem, and not counting the fact that you might not have any other problem except motivation, or self control, or desire.
Also, check your drugs people, alota times, other drugs are used for totally different reasons.
for example, there are several psychiatric drugs being prescribed as anti depressants, SSri, etc.. that also marketed under a different brand name are marketed for nausea, or inflamation, or unirany tract infection.
the list goes on people. before you fully buy into the fact that there is something chemically imbalanced in your brain, and that you are not normal and do need medicine for the rest of your life, before u buy into all that, look around your enviorment, and ask yourself, am i crazy? or do i drive myself nuts??
if you believe that you are crazy, then pop the pill.
if you believe maybe that you drive yourself nuts alot and that you are stressed from the normal everyday burden life throws on us, and that maybe whether it be a cheating wife, or bad kid, or ass boss, these people can either negativly or positivly affect you. that maybe whats really prescribed for you is a much needed vacation out of your ever so controlled overwhelming environment you've created in your life.
check out the Citizens commision on human rights. they have excellent information about the real deal on psychiatry.
i will also tell you this, that i do not agree with everything they say either.
i am only providing information so that you can make the choice.
Refreshing to read a post with intelligent content and valid points.
You are dead on about the different diagnosis and labels being an invention of the psuedo-science of psychiatry.
I truly beleive that the world would be better off with NO psychiatrists
and NO psych medications.
Unfortunately I got sucked into the drug scene when I was about 12 and and now 33. I have developed a taste and desire for certain drugs, but I certainly realize that they have completely destroyed my life and had I never taken them, I would be a much happier and more successful person.
I did manage to graduate as valedictorian at ITT TECH in 1999 and had several related jobs after that, but I really have not worked in ten years or more and am on disability. I am really scared for my future because I live with my parents and if it were not for that I would have no way of supporting myself with no employment.
The woman that swim bought adderall off of did not have any but she did have some dexedrine which she sold to swim for twice street value.
This made swim feel worse. It made swim dwell on the dark side and hate life. SWIM has told me that they will never seek adderall or any other meds ever again. I agree and am glad that swim has taken his last poisoning. I borrowed a book called Toxic Psychiatry from a pill-pushing self proclaimed whore who is completely self obsessed and is tweaking so hard all the time it is impossible to get a word in edgewise as she will talk over you continuously and interrupt anything you try to say.
She also will tell you that you are wrong just to be a know it all even when she is in fact the one with her facts out of order.
That is what drugs like adderall do to a person, they make them so manic that they are irritating to be around. I am very tempted to turn her in to the police for selling her medication. I think it is child abuse to give stimulants to children and I read that adderall is approved for ages 3 and up !! Giving Amphetamines to a 3 year old !!! Only psychiatrists would dream of that. As bad as the stimulants are, I must say that Risperdal is the WORST drug I have ever encountered and it has added me to its list of victims. It is amazing that they still prescribe it to anyone with as many lives as it has destroyed. Big Pharma is an evil entity and they love to make money off of people illness and suffering. The markup on their drugs usually over 1000% from the cost to make it.

Last edited by masonicboom; 26-01-2011 at 13:08. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #15  
Old 26-01-2011, 17:41
salgoud salgoud is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 14-12-2010
57 y/o Male from Togo
Posts: 1,062
Blog Entries: 1
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%
Re: Doctors Deny Treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonicboom}"I told them of how helpful and succesfull my trial of [AUTOLINK
adderall[/AUTOLINK] was.
They did not want to hear it and said that since I had a long ago
'drug history' of smoking heroin, that I WOULD NEVER EVER RECEIVE THE
EFFECTIVE TREATMENT.

I have been told this again and again by doctor after doctor and they
do not care that the lack of treatment is killing me literally.
When I had the adderall, all desire to drink alcohol was gone."
There are activist groups for "Pain Management", "ADHD" and many other medical problems. Buddy can tell you, "There have been laws enacted to protect the patient from not receiving the correct medication for his condition." Even though someone was a heroin addict all his life, if he has a "Chronic Pain Condition" that could eventually shortened his life, he is entitled to be treated like anyone else, with more stipulations like UA's, and other tasks, to ensure "Abuse and Diversion" of controlled substances are not taking place.

ADHD is a debilitating disease, and those that have it suffer daily. Buddy knows friends that have this condition and certain medications work wonders. Have you thought of, Ritalin, Concerta or Strattera (non-controlled).

Every State has a "Medical Board" that takes complaints against doctors. If you are interested, Buddy will post the sites. DORA is a government agency that can direct you in the right direction. The doctors are assuming you will abuse the "Adderall", that is prejudicial and can't be confirmed until one goes on the medication.

Buddy says, you should only go to a "Psychiatrist" for this problem. Buddy doesn't understand, if they gave you a trial dose, and it worked, why did they stop? Psychiatric records are much more private than general medical records. Buddy wonders "How they found out about the past heroin problem"? You are in the USA, and there are certain "Medical Rights" we all have. Buddy has been through this occasionally, and submits a "Formal Complaint" against the doctor. It ties them up for about 7 months. Just don't plan seeing that doctor again, because Buddy says: "He will refuse to treat you." Remember, where there is a will there is a way, especially if you are sincerely trying to treat your condition."

"Give good Karma and you will receive it". Buddy hopes you are not trying to obtain "Adderall" for "Alcohol Abuse." It is for ADHD. Do not go to the Doctor with alcohol on your breath! Not to replace one med for another, but Buddy says, perhaps you should detox from the Alcohol with some Ativan 1mg for a couple of weeks. Then pursue treating your ADHD. Starting to drink at 7am is a sign of severe depression and hopelessness, Buddy knows, he's been there. After Buddy's mother died in 2/2005 and his little brother committed suicide (blew his brains out) on 9/2005. he turned to alcohol to self-medicate. Try and hold your head up and pursue a medication for your ADHD.

salgoud

Post Quality Evaluations:
YOU WON! Yes, factual based, suggestions based in real World medicine. A+++

Last edited by salgoud; 26-01-2011 at 18:17.
  #16  
Old 27-01-2011, 01:56
80sbaby 80sbaby is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 11-03-2010
27 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 163
80sbaby is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 176, Level: 2 Points: 176, Level: 2 Points: 176, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Doctors Deny Treatment

understand this bro:
look at adderal medication guide, go to fda website or manufacturers.
you have to take a step back and look at what your taking. Look at it as if its a "DOPE" so to say. because, it is.
the same street drugs you use are just as equal to treatment and (image of) as prescribed medicine . (if this makes sense)
what im saying is is that if you read the side effects for the drug, you will understand that the drugs involved here can actually give you horrible side effects and damage and not only that, but still never handle the original intended problem.
not only that, but you have to understand the INSANITY of pinpointing and labeling someone who uses meth everyday is a drug addict, but someone who uses adderal everyday is a patient.
At some point in time, we have to look at the aspect of why are we taking the drugs? wether prescription or not.
is it because we really need them to live a happy life, or to be able to function normally, or make you more equal in class to your other classmates??
so are we truly handicaped? is the human mind (for the most part counting prescription and narcotic use worldwide) flawed? deformed? because it needs these medicines?
or
do subconciously we believe we have a problem, and then you allow yourself to begin believeing you need medicine, as a way to escape or use as excuse.
if you begin to believe you have a problem, or are told you do by a doctor, well you will start believeing this, and in return, the human mind manifests symptoms brought upon by your belief that they are real.
i believe the mind is the most powerful thing on this planet besides a nucelar bomb.
unless because of birth defects or brain damage, i believe anyone can do anything.
its all about thier motivation and desire. THIER URGE TO SURVIVE.
its all about how hard people are pushed. ( and like me, i was pushed extremely hard to be something i hated., well in return i was motivated to be the exact opposite, and ive done very well exceeding my own expectations. its all about the stigma and taboo of society. well anyway the doctor say i have Oppositional Defiance Disorder, lol, that wasnt it at all, its just i prefer to be on the other side of the fence, what do i have a disorder now, its a free country)
and what there expectations are.
when growing up your mind is forming, and this is essential to a child because it will determine his qualities later on in life.
The world runs on drugs. There are Pharmacitcal Drug dealers and thier are underground notourious drug dealers that are forced to be violent because the goverments want to control who gets the profits thats it.


80sbaby added 2 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

You think the wiki leakes cables are crazy, i'd like to see the fda's!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Great insight on the topic of legitamite use and abuse of drugs in general, not just patient/junky

Last edited by 80sbaby; 27-01-2011 at 01:56. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #17  
Old 27-01-2011, 01:59
EscapeDummy EscapeDummy is offline
Palladium Member
 
Join Date: 15-04-2009
24 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 1,804
EscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline Medline
Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: AW: Doctors Deny Treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonicboom View Post
OMG I am so offended I do not know what to do !!!
You have ruined my day !!! OMG OMG OMG !!!
P.s. did you have a point, or.... ?

masonicboom added 20 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

Grow up. You don't sound like you're 33, that's how my friends 10 year old brother types. My intention wasn't to be offensive, so I have no idea why you'd post that. You're the one who started attacking members in the first place, remember that. My point was you should stop being immature and maybe heed the advice of people on this board. You seem to have disagreed with Spucky's advice but there are others who have clearly laid out what swiy needs to do if swiy wants to get his ADHD meds. So stop throwing temper tantrums, write legible posts, and it'll benefit you.
  #18  
Old 27-01-2011, 04:37
salgoud salgoud is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 14-12-2010
57 y/o Male from Togo
Posts: 1,062
Blog Entries: 1
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%
Re: Doctors Deny Treatment

The Pharmaceutical Industry seems to be out of control. Buddy agrees that Adderall is a strong medication. Just a combination of dextro amphetamine isomers, with 30mg being the largest dose. However, since Pharmaceutical Companies are allowed to advertise, even Schedule V, and IV substances (Lyrica, Lunesta, and at one time Ambien.)

Buddy never heard of Adult ADHD or ADD, until Buddy saw it on TV. Then when he went to the "Psychiatrist" he saw pamplets all over the office for it. Vyvanse, Concerta, Strattera, etc, etc.

And Bi-polar. It use to be called Manic Depression Syndrome. Labels are created everyday and drugs are made for those labels.

Some people truely have ADHD, Bi-Polar (Buddy), OCD, Depression, and the list goes on. The abuse of Adderall, has made it the Oxycontin of Stimulants.
However, the debate will go on for a long time, because people swear that Adderall has improved there lives and helps them function in this fast paced technological World.

salgoud
  #19  
Old 27-01-2011, 06:45
salgoud salgoud is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 14-12-2010
57 y/o Male from Togo
Posts: 1,062
Blog Entries: 1
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%
Re: Doctors Deny Treatment

Whose talking about drug-policy reform, Buddy's talking about the way things are. Buddy likes the way things are. For example, in 1978, 10 years before you were born the most oxycodone one could get was 5mg. Now you can get 80mg, and they even have 160mg Oxycontin for terminal cancer patients. Buddy loves it. The man obviously has ADHD, just from the demeanor of his posts. So what, he's gonna do what he wants. He's just whining cause he can't get Adderall. If he want's speed, it's spread through the country like a cancer. It's everywhere. Maybe he does have a disorder called addiction. So the dude wants to be legal. Is everyone on this thread drug free?

salgoud

Last edited by salgoud; 27-01-2011 at 07:45.
  #20  
Old 27-01-2011, 07:30
gmeziscool2354 gmeziscool2354 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 25-10-2008
26 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 1,019
gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.
Re: Doctors Deny Treatment

2 suggestions, get enrolled in some college or adult ed courses. this gives atleast some reason for a doctor to prescribe add/adhd meds as uposed to unemployment. Also try seeing an adult add specialist. they will probably shove the pills down your throat till they come out your ass, most are endorsed by the makers of concerta, vyvanse or what ever else is prescribed for adults

Post Quality Evaluations:
Realistic view of ADHD docs. America could be called, "Speed Nation!" In the US, if it can be done faster=better. Very sad.
  #21  
Old 28-01-2011, 14:21
masonicboom masonicboom is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 24-08-2010
37 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 8
masonicboom needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Re: AW: Doctors Deny Treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeDummy View Post
Grow up. You don't sound like you're 33, that's how my friends 10 year old brother types. My intention wasn't to be offensive, so I have no idea why you'd post that. You're the one who started attacking members in the first place, remember that. My point was you should stop being immature and maybe heed the advice of people on this board. You seem to have disagreed with Spucky's advice but there are others who have clearly laid out what swiy needs to do if swiy wants to get his ADHD meds. So stop throwing temper tantrums, write legible posts, and it'll benefit you.
Please take a look at what you wrote and think what would you think if someone else wrote that. It is nothing but a childish attack. You insult people based on their age. May I ask how it is that I type like a ten year old? And what is it you have against 10 year olds? If you were 'grown up'
you would not have replied at all much less with the insults you have.
I highly suspect that your average ten year old is smarted and more mature than you. That is my perception based on your comments.
How am I throwing temper tantrums and how are my posts not legible?
You really need to chill out and not get so upset over my posts to the point where you reply with flames and insults. I recommend not reading or replying to my posts since they cause you to become so upset.
But I can't blame you entirely as you are likely on the amphetamines yourself and that could explain why you are saying the things you have.
Quit the dope and you will find your violent tendencies will go away.
As I said, I DO NOT want any of these medications now that I know more about them. I do not understand, you say that I am attacking people?
That is not the case, but take a look at your post again. Have a nice day.

masonicboom added 5 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

I am hereby closing this thread and will not be reading any replies.

Any posts you make here will not reach me. If you want to talk to yourself, that is what you will be doing when you reply to this thread.

Thanks for all of your replies. You have been helpful, other than 2 people who are only looking to troll around and start shit.

They know who they are and I hope they find something else to do now that this thread will not be monitored by me.

Post Quality Evaluations:
grow up. learn how to post like an adult. it doesn't make your point any clearer when you attack other memembers. still an enteraining read

Last edited by masonicboom; 28-01-2011 at 14:21. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #22  
Old 28-01-2011, 14:35
salgoud salgoud is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 14-12-2010
57 y/o Male from Togo
Posts: 1,062
Blog Entries: 1
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%
Re: Doctors Deny Treatment

Not that I give a hoot? But when one is fishing and you know it you just don't bite the bate.

If you could write in this thread again, what would you change in what you said? Buddy says you bite, and people love to fish. So don't get angry, these people are sources of good info and maybe get your answer in a different way, like "My pet seahorse believes he has a bad case of ADHD, and needs to see a doctor, how should he approach the Physician."

A profile is for more personal info. Your still biting. And this thread is going nowhere because no one even talks about the real topic anymore.

Adio,

salgoud
  #23  
Old 28-01-2011, 14:35
Heretic.Ape. Heretic.Ape. is offline
Platinum Member & Advisor
 
Join Date: 17-04-2007
Male from United States
Posts: 2,615
Blog Entries: 17
Heretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,529, Level: 11 Points: 6,529, Level: 11 Points: 6,529, Level: 11
Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%
Re: Doctors Deny Treatment

The change of name from "manic-depression" to bipolar was in order to
a) avoid serious stigmata associated with the term
b) come up with a classification between "classic" manic-depression (BP1) and other, less severe forms of the disorder (BP2, cyclothymia)

Off-topic, but I can't stand hearing people say bp is "made up". The disorder was around long before the pharmaceutical age, and didn't appear just so prescriptions could be made to people with normal issues. Before the discovery of lithium's effectiveness, most with the disorder spent much time in asylums. Bipolar is real insanity: delusions, hallucinations, the whole bit. Would one say a schizophrenic is just an excuse for pill-sales? Was there similar motive for changing "consumption" to "cancer"? Terminology constantly changes.

This thread is circular, ranting, and dead.

Last edited by Heretic.Ape.; 28-01-2011 at 15:32.
Closed Thread

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, addicted, adhd, drug, drug history, drug users, kentucky

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interesting scholarly drug facts rxbandit Pharmacology 24 27-07-2014 16:27
Indiana Governor Signs Bill Supporting Tighter Regulations for Methadone Maintenance moda00 Miscellaneous News 3 09-05-2012 23:28
USA - The Glorified Drug Dealers (medical doctors) beentheredonethatagain Culture (News) 32 04-12-2011 01:06
Addiction - Interview with Rocky Caravelli of the Dream House ibogaine treatment center Expat98 Ethnobotanicals 0 30-06-2008 12:57

» New Threads
where are the email vendors or...
Last post by Phenoxide
2 Replies, 3 Views
After 6 month adderall binge,...
Last post by blazin1096
0 Replies, 1 Views
Kicking the habit.. Making it...
Last post by Pogue
8 Replies, 390 Views
AKB-48f & STS-135 blend
Last post by Flybyhigh
4 Replies, 2,067 Views
Does Kadien fall into this forum i...
Last post by thefatman67
2 Replies, 199 Views
now remember why i prefered...
Last post by Cwb20022
6 Replies, 220 Views
Heard something quite bad at the...
Last post by Potter
10 Replies, 598 Views
First Time Klonopin Dosing
Last post by EtrophineM99
4 Replies, 173 Views
Dead Libido,orgasm - which drug...
Last post by bigzamzam
23 Replies, 1,131 Views
Dilaudid first attempts at snorting
Last post by thefatman67
0 Replies, 11 Views
» New Wiki Articles
GHB
NET

Sitelinks: Information:

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:35.


Copyright: SIN Foundation 2003 - 2014, All rights reserved