Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Downers and sleeping pills Anxiety Meds, Sleeping Pills and Skeletal Muscle Relaxants

Old 16-06-2008, 07:25
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Female
missoctober83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Sonata (zaleplon); recreational value?

I have been on Sonata for 3 years now. I learned from a friend to snort my pills. It has ruined my life. I have never been addicted to any kind of drug, just alcohol. Please, for your own sake, do not abuse Sonata. It will take control of your body and you can't let it go. I regret the day my Dr. ever prescribed it. And now I'm extremely addicted. Like someone addicted to pain pills or any other drug. I have lied to physicians and pharmacists. It is scary. Please, if you haven't done it yet, DONT!!!
Old 11-07-2008, 01:28
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Politicalchalk probably knows what they are talking about.Politicalchalk probably knows what they are talking about.Politicalchalk probably knows what they are talking about.Politicalchalk probably knows what they are talking about.Politicalchalk probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 751, Level: 4 Points: 751, Level: 4 Points: 751, Level: 4
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

Just a note, SWIM used to take 3 or 4 without telling anyone. Bad idea. He'd do messed up shit that would hurt those around him. Very potent amnesiac. Upside? Terminal half life is only 1 hour, regardless of dose.
Old 28-08-2008, 06:31

29 y/o Male from United States
C17H19NO4_4me should review received reputation comments.
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1

Sonata is about one of the best highs that SWIM has ever had, when tooted! SWIM has a friend who used to get them and together they would party all night. The only thing SWIM hates about it is that it doesn't last long and one person can easily go through 30 in a five hour period. When mixed with any narcotic pain med the less sonata SWIM has to snort and the longer the high is. The hallucinations that SWIM and his friend had were not bad at all.

SWIM recommends that if any persons is ever prescribed or have obtained Sonata that it be consumed nasaly only as swallowing it will just put SWIY to sleep.
Old 05-10-2008, 00:26
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
kemikal_nation is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Trips from the sona are pretty good for SWIM. Done 30mg snortin and SWIM is feeling pretty euphoric and disconnected from his surroundings. Playing the 3d light-cycle game from tron is a trip and 1/2. On a side thing, SWIM usually breaks up pills under a black light. Try it sometime. Ambien is white w/ purple haze and sonata is atomic yellow. Pretty fun shit.
Old 05-11-2008, 22:13
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Earth
Expat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline Medline
Points: 4,440, Level: 9 Points: 4,440, Level: 9 Points: 4,440, Level: 9

From the American Journal of Psychiatry, November 2008.

Letter to the Editor: Intranasal Zaleplon Abuse

THOMAS PAPARRIGOPOULOS, M.D., ELIAS TZAVELLAS, M.D., DIMITRIS KARAISKOS, M.D., and IOANNIS LIAPPAS, M.D.

Athens, Greece

To the Editor: Nonbenzodiazepine hypnotic agents were developed to minimize the adverse effects of benzodiazepines. These hypnotics bind to the {alpha}1, {alpha}2, and {alpha}3 subunits of the gamma-aminobutyric acid type A (GABAA) receptor complex. Zaleplon preferentially binds to the {alpha}1 subunit. These compounds offer less abuse liability relative to benzodiazepines, although this is debatable under certain circumstances (1). We present the case of a patient who abused intranasal zaleplon in order to experience a "high" feeling.

"Mr. A" was a 28-year-old man with a 13-year history of polysubstance abuse (cannabis, cocaine, and heroin). He had been abusing mainly cocaine over the past 5 years and had unsuccessfully tried several treatments to achieve abstinence 1 year prior, following a prolonged stay in a monastery. As a result of sleep difficulties, he was prescribed zaleplon (10 mg/night) as needed. Over the next 3 months, the dose was gradually increased to 70–80 mg/day. Subsequently, he noticed that zaleplon had a mood uplifting effect. To boost this effect, he started taking the drug intranasally by snorting seven to eight pulverized capsules. The patient mentioned that intranasal zaleplon produced a euphoric feeling resembling that of cocaine, although less intense and of a shorter duration. This pattern of abuse persisted for almost 1 year, and withdrawal symptoms (anxiety, nervousness) emerged whenever he tried to reduce its use. He was offered inpatient detoxification treatment, which he declined.

Experts have agreed that nonbenzodiazepine hypnotics have a reduced risk of abuse/dependence compared with benzodiazepines. However, this may not be the case when these drugs are taken for a prolonged period and in higher doses than recommended (1). To our knowledge, the present case is the first to describe intranasal zaleplon abuse for its stimulant and rewarding effect, which lends support to the concern of some investigators who maintain that individuals with a history of substance abuse may be at increased risk of abuse of these agents. Some studies showing that the physical dependence and reinforcing effects for zaleplon may be similar to those of benzodiazepines corroborate this reservation (2–4).

The underlying mechanism of zaleplon abuse and stimulating effect is unknown. However, following chronic exposure to benzodiazepines or benzodiazepine-like agents, alterations in GABAA receptor sensitivity occur, which contribute to the development of tolerance, dependence, and withdrawal. Moreover, a complex interaction (mostly a tonic inhibitory control) between the dopaminergic reward brain structures (ventral tegmental area, nucleus accumbens, ventral pallidum) and GABA function exists. It can be speculated that chronic and/or high exposure to GABAA receptor agonists could lead to a receptor inhibitory-excitatory switch in these reward-related areas that could contribute to addiction (5). Consequently, clinicians should be warned of the abuse potential of zaleplon, especially in multisubstance abusing individuals.

References

1. Griffiths RR, Johnson MW: Relative abuse liability of hypnotic drugs: a conceptual framework and algorithm for differentiating among compounds. J Clin Psychiatry 2005; 66:31–41[Medline]
  2. Rush CR, Frey JM, Griffiths RR: Zaleplon and triazolam in humans: acute behavioral effects and abuse potential. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 1999; 145:39–51[CrossRef][Medline]
  3. Ator NA, Weerts EM, Kaminski BJ, Kautz MA, Griffiths RR: Zaleplon and triazolam physical dependence assessed across increasing doses under a once-daily dosing regimen in baboons. Drug Alcohol Depend 2000; 61:69–84[CrossRef][Medline]
  4. Follesa P, Mancuso L, Biggio F, Cagetti E, Franco M, Trapani G, Biggio G: Changes in GABAA receptor gene expression induced by withdrawal of, but not by long-term exposure to, zaleplon or zolpidem. Neuropharmacology 2002; 42:191–198[CrossRef][Medline]
  5. Goodman A: Neurobiology of addiction: an integrative review. Biochem Pharmacol 2008; 75:266–322[CrossRef][Medline]
---

http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/.../165/11/1489-a

Post Quality Evaluations:
Nice find!
Old 05-12-2008, 06:30
Silver Member

Male
Cathay is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1

I haven't heard of Sontata in probably ten years. That takes me back to their commercials.
Old 29-06-2009, 22:25

30 y/o Male from United States
Kindred S0ul is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

yeah i signed up for this site just to read this, i'v been on zaleplon or sonata for YEARS, it def does get you high, i dunno the hallucination takes alot i mean like 30 10 mg pills intranasle, then yeah u will hallucinate. they are very addictive when you are doing them, but when they are gone ive never exp. a withdrawl and ive been doing them every month for 5 1/2 years. if are going to do them, DO NOT DRIVE. u tend to black out and not remember the whole night and you will kill someone. so please if u do plan on doing them dont plan on leaving your house or anything. compared to ambien they are way better. i take 600mg of seraquel a night a too and the zaleplon do the trick better. just be carefull with them. they're no joke, seriously
Old 15-08-2009, 05:42
Banned

26 y/o Male from United States
Roads really adds to the discussion.Roads really adds to the discussion.Roads really adds to the discussion.Roads really adds to the discussion.Roads really adds to the discussion.Roads really adds to the discussion.
zaleplon (sonata) recreation questions?

I got a prescription for the sleeping aid zaleplon a week ago. 10mg pills each.

They don't seem to work at actually making me tired so I'd like to see what I can do with them for recreational value, but its not going so well. I've taken 20mgs oral at once before, stayed awake, but never experienced any euphoria or hallucinations or any of the things people talk about in some of the threads ive googled on zaleplon's recreational value.

As I type now, it should be working, because I took 20mgs 60 or 70 minutes ago. But I havent felt a wink tired and theres no sign of any kind of psychoactive activity at all.

So what gives? Is my doc giving me a placebo ? Lol. Am I immune to zaleplon? Do I have to snort this stuff in order to make it work? Should i try 30mgs instead?

I've taken ambien before and seen shadows dance on the walls but this one does nothing?
Old 15-08-2009, 06:32
Silver Member

Male from Switzerland
MisterV is captain of the psychonauts.MisterV is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 209, Level: 2 Points: 209, Level: 2 Points: 209, Level: 2
Re: zaleplon (sonata) recreation questions?

Not everyone reacts the same on medication. SWIM read many reports and heared from friends having strange experiences on high doses of z-benzos. SWIM thinks that many users having strange effects post their experiences but very little like SWIY post about having no effects.

Taking more than 20mg could help but SWIM thinks its not worth the danger.

Good harm reduction post.
Old 15-08-2009, 07:30
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%

Please be aware that self incrimination also applies to prescribed meds, unless one is taking them EXACTLY as prescribed
Old 19-08-2009, 13:22

35 y/o Male from Earth
Dr. Satan really knows their shit.Dr. Satan really knows their shit.Dr. Satan really knows their shit.Dr. Satan really knows their shit.Dr. Satan really knows their shit.Dr. Satan really knows their shit.Dr. Satan really knows their shit.Dr. Satan really knows their shit.
Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6

Zaleplon is a short-acting hypnotic and sedative agent of the class of pyrazolopyrimidines. This molecule is a part of a new chemical family having been developed to offer a better profile of harmlessness with regard to benzos. Indeed, zaleplon is selectively bound to the receiver omega 1 of the GABA (that of the benzos) contrary to zopiclone which is bound near, but not directly, of the site of connection of the receiver GABA.
Zaleplon thus possesses a chemical structure independent from benzos, from barbiturates or the other medicines with hypnotic effect known. In fact, only Zolpidem offers the same selectivity at the level of the receiver GABA.

Zaleplon may cause hallucinations, abnormal behavior, severe confusion, day-time drowsiness... It should not be taken easy, like many other hypnotic drugs.

Good post, nice to have info on this at DF
Old 02-09-2009, 12:06

26 y/o Male
armchair_techno should review received reputation comments.
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Swim found zaleplon did barely anything recreationally, YMMV.
Old 03-12-2009, 20:08
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
silentsoul is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 393, Level: 3 Points: 393, Level: 3 Points: 393, Level: 3

I just joined and SWIM asked me to relay this message. Sonata should NOT be used recreationally!!! EVER!!!! Take SWIM's word for it, he's wrecked two different vehicles in two different wrecks while driving under the influence. This is from a guy who won't get behind the wheel after doing anything. The Sonata just fucks him up. He has no judgement whatsoever and always does the entire perscription at once.

However, if SWIY want to completely ruin their life, or at least if they have someone to watch over them, try snorting one. Most pills that are snorted burn like hell. However, once SWIY breaks open the capsule, they'll find the powder inside is softer and fluffier than any coke SWIY has ever seen. Tastes weird SWIM says but when snorted, it does produce some visuals as well as a very trippy feeling.

There's a big problem though. SWIY WILL have amnesia if they snort any. Happened every time to swim. That's why it is IMPERATIVE to have a watcher.

My personal advice, leave the shit alone!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 20:35
Banned

23 y/o Male from United States
GETgeoHIGH needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Points: 1,708, Level: 6 Points: 1,708, Level: 6 Points: 1,708, Level: 6

zaleplon is a tricky drug if gonna be used recreationally then snort away ..if your taking them to actually sleep you have to swallow them and actually try to sleep you cant wait for it to knock you out on its own...as for recreational use swim finds himself killing a bottle of 60 the first night he gets um ...zaleplon has the tendency to make time seem like its going faster thus making the duration feel even shorter .....try taking ambien its the same thing just last 3x longer talk to your doc he shouldnt have a prob changing to somethin a little stronger if u let him know its not doing it for u.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:00

44 y/o Male
Jaynuary is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1

swim finds zaleplon is good for inducing a trance state that might even be compared to the kind nicotine can produce

swim wouldn't compare its effects strongly to zolpidem (ambien) if at all because

1) Higher doses of zolpidem tend to make swim black out wheras swim has never blacked out on zaleplon

2) The effects of zalpelon pretty much consist of the previously mentioned trance state whereas zolpidem causes, for swim atleast, a slightly euphoric state in addition to the well known effect of zolpidem - visual distortions

swim finds the best dosage for zaleplon to be between 30-60 mg

swim would also like to note that insufflation of zaleplon in any amount had no effect on swim
Old 25-06-2010, 06:09
Silver Member

Male from United States
Anonabyss is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 206, Level: 2 Points: 206, Level: 2 Points: 206, Level: 2
Zaleplon (Sonata)

Anyone ever try this? How might you compare it's dosing to a benzo, say 1mg of xanax or klonopin for example, would 10mg be comparable?
Old 10-10-2010, 22:29

47 y/o Male from United States
pdemsky1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

SWIM finds Sonata (zaleplon) a very interesting drug.When SWIM sniffs them SWIM gets a very euphoric,almost cocaine like buzz without the numbing effect.This is at dosage of 50 mg then 30 mg about an hour later.SWIM also finds that when taken orally as prescribed they do indeed put SWIM to sleep within an hour.Not for 8 hours but SWIM tells me he can get 4-5 uninterrupted hours. SWIM has never tripped off of zaleplon via either way of administration,but it does terrible things to the short term memory and tends to put SWIM in a bit of a bad mood the day after a zaleplon binge.
Old 17-10-2010, 22:26

Male from United States
phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.
Points: 1,580, Level: 6 Points: 1,580, Level: 6 Points: 1,580, Level: 6
Re: Zaleplon (Sonata)

Zaleplon is a non-benzodiazapine sedative/hypnotic, it is also hallucinogenic in many people even at the prescribed doses. It works differently then the benzos but still on the same system of receptors (GABA.) Swim has heard many referances to it being similar to the mechanism of action of muscimol (from fly agaric.)

Here is some info from wikipedia on some of the similarities of muscimol to the Z drugs.

Quote:
The effects of muscimol are substantially different from Psilocybe mushroom alkaloids, as the chemicals target separate parts of the brain. Muscimol has been shown to lack "structured" hallucinations in most cases, and the effects are frequently compared to a lucid dream state. The hallucinogenic effect produced by muscimol is most closely comparable to the hallucinogenic side effects produced by some other GABAergic drugs such as zolpidem (Insert: a Z drug structurally similar to zalipon).
Swim has some experience with muscimol, benzos and zolpidem and can tell you that it is more closely related to muscimol than to benzos.
Zaleplon should be similar to Zolpidem. swim also has experience with zopiclone and eszopiclone and it seems to offer the sedative effects of the other Z drugs without as much of the hallucinatory effect (still have strange dreams though.)

Zopiclone and e

dead wiki links

Last edited by Alfa; 31-03-2011 at 01:45. Reason: removed erroronous links
Old 18-10-2010, 03:07
Silver Member

Male from United States
Anonabyss is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 206, Level: 2 Points: 206, Level: 2 Points: 206, Level: 2

Hey thanks for responding but T've actually used ambien and amanitas before. I was mainly wondering about dosing. I mentioned benzos just because T have a lot more experience with them than with zolpidem or muscimol. I guess a better question would have been "Is 10mg of zaleplon about as strong as 10mg of zolpidem?"
Old 18-10-2010, 19:19

Male from United States
phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.
Points: 1,580, Level: 6 Points: 1,580, Level: 6 Points: 1,580, Level: 6

Quote:
"Is 10mg of zaleplon about as strong as 10mg of zolpidem?"
It really just depends on the person, some people think zaleplons stronger, some people like zolpidems stronger. 10mg should be a good starting point though. alot of people seem to think the hallucinations on sonata are more prominant and the sedative effects less so. many people also report blacking out and taking more pills,
Old 22-10-2010, 14:13

swim has many years of expierence with sonata, swim has take 90 1o mg pills (10 is all they come in ) with in 8 hours and last his mind it was insulfated, take orrally for better mellow effect but in swims espierence mix then with an opiate the they effects get intensified much more but be careful and start slow swim dose recommend the dosage he took. swim cam take 120 2mg adavan in 3 days so remeber tolereance has a big thing to do with it. peace |
/|\
Old 22-10-2010, 14:16

10 mg wouldnt be enough swim recommends starting at 50. swims tolerence is so high i can do 900mg in a day so dont get to involved with sonata
Old 19-02-2011, 06:51

35 y/o Female from United States
Yomama is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1

My kitten was perscribed sonata to sleep, has taken two 10mg pills tonight and feels NOTHING! one swollowed normal, the second opened up and dumped into mouth and feels nothing. . . does suffer from insomnia, however would like to feel some eurphoria too, if its an added bonus, what gives? why feeling nothing, not even tired? any ideas anyone
Old 06-03-2011, 01:42

47 y/o Male from United States
pdemsky1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

My cat tells me he only sniffs his Zaleplon.He can cruise through 60 up the nose in 2 days.The cat says he has never had a hallucination but he does call it legal cocoaine without the numbing.The cat cleans his own litter box and does all kinds of chores and cat writing when he sniffs those things.The cat loves them but since he blows (literally) through his month script in 2 days he meows that he has no tolerance or dependence.He says the only negative is that he can detect he is in a bad mood the day after a kitty sniffing party.Other than that he finds no side effects from sniffing and enjoys his 2 day cat Zaleplon odyssey.He also told me he is interested in learning more about others experiences and wants this thread to expand.From the cats mouth.

pdemsky1 added 13 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roads View Post
I got a prescription for the sleeping aid zaleplon a week ago. 10mg pills each.

They don't seem to work at actually making me tired so I'd like to see what I can do with them for recreational value, but its not going so well. I've taken 20mgs oral at once before, stayed awake, but never experienced any euphoria or hallucinations or any of the things people talk about in some of the threads ive googled on zaleplon's recreational value.

As I type now, it should be working, because I took 20mgs 60 or 70 minutes ago. But I havent felt a wink tired and theres no sign of any kind of psychoactive activity at all.

So what gives? Is my doc giving me a placebo ? Lol. Am I immune to zaleplon? Do I have to snort this stuff in order to make it work? Should i try 30mgs instead?

I've taken ambien before and seen shadows dance on the walls but this one does nothing?
At the risk of breaking some kind of rule SWIM has told me that sniffing is really the only way to do these Zaleplon.Just passing on what SWIM said.

Last edited by pdemsky1; 06-03-2011 at 01:42. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-09-2011, 20:10

Male from USA - Oklahoma
crunknasty is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

A friend of this guy I know is prescribed zaleplon to help him get back to sleep when he wakes up in the middle of the night. He is Bipolar I, and takes 200mg of Seroquel every night, which puts him to sleep, but he sometimes wakes up around 2 in the morning anyway and can't get back to sleep. Taking 10mg of zaleplon will put him back to sleep and still allow him to get up easily on time for work. He finds that this medication is useless for soothing anxiety and inducing sleep after a cocaine session, but it is very helpful for middle of the night insomnia, because it puts him right back to sleep and doesn't leave him feeling hung over in the morning. It seems to last about 3 hours. He has anxiety problems tied to him being bipolar, and takes Klonopin as needed and he isn't prescribed much a month, so he has to ration it. He finds that after a moderately stressful day, when he is a little anxious, but not anxious enough to warrant a dose of Klonopin, he can take 10mg of zaleplon, which leaves him feeling pleasantly relaxed, but the effects are mild, much like a very low dose of a benzo. He feels that this medication would be useless for inducing sleep when he is already awake, but is effective for middle of the night insomnia. He has never taken more than 20mg at once, so he hasn't ever experienced any hallucinations of any kind.

Share this on:

Tags
snorting drugs, zaleplon, zaleplon dose, zaleplon effects, zaleplon side effects