Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Cannabis > Cannabis & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cannabis & Health Health risks, anxiety from cannabis use.

Old 24-06-2010, 10:50
Banned

Male
Johnnynapples is an unknown quantity at this point
Why do people think marijuana is bad?

Swiy hears about all these man made drugs like cocaine,crack cocaine, meth, mdma, heroin, GHB, PCP,acid, opiates, benzos and how people get addicted to them and loose everything including their homes, and family and friends " his mom lost everything to crack cocaine, and oxys"

Never has swiy heard of a single person loose their lives to that next hit of kush. Swiy has never heard a single case where someone robs a house or store for some money for that next hit, nothing like that" No Violence ".

If more swiys out there smoked the reef, this place in which we live " Earth " would be somewhat more peaceful. Why? People wouldn't worry about going to war, or money, or being mad. Instead every swiy would be kicking it with his neighbors havin a good Ol time grillin and chillin.

Why is marijuana considered a drug?
why do you think marijuana users are looked down upon?
What do you think about all of this?
Old 24-06-2010, 11:18
Gold Member

37 y/o Male from United Kingdom
corvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medline
Points: 2,551, Level: 7 Points: 2,551, Level: 7 Points: 2,551, Level: 7
Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6%
Re: Why do people think marijuana is bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnynapples View Post
Why is marijuana considered a drug?
Because it is. A drug in its very basic terms is any substance, that isn't food or water, that is intended to cause an alteration of structure and function of any part of an organism.

Quote:
why do you think marijuana users are looked down upon?
Because it is a socially acquired opinion. Marijuana takers are individuals that have no respect for the rule of law and are, therefore, criminals. Criminals are looked down upon.

Look down and see the beggars at your feet
Look down and show some mercy if you can
Look down and see the sweepings of the street
Look down look down upon your fellow man

Quote:
What do you think about all of this?
A monumental waste of intellect and blind trust to the "authorities". Things are better than they are in the past, though, with every irrational decision a politician makes with every death those irrational decisions cause another individual re-evaluates their stance on a particular issue.

When "critical mass" is achieved a change in societal standards occur. Those Luddites that remain die off, eventually. Thank Jebus for mortality. It would be a terrible world if everyone was immortal for precisely that reason.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Great quotes to rephrase here.
Old 24-06-2010, 11:24
is not his mind

Male from Earth
NeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,143, Level: 21 Points: 21,143, Level: 21 Points: 21,143, Level: 21
Activity: 8.4% Activity: 8.4% Activity: 8.4%

It's considered a drug because it is one by all standard definitions.

The users of it are looked down upon by the general population in many areas because those who advocate and openly support its legalization are always among the lower working classes. Unfortunately the big time CEO's, high end business owners, and academics have too much to loose; ergo, they keep their use hidden though surveys have shown that use of marijuana is widespread through all demographics of people. Hell, 16.8% of Canadians smoke, roughly 4 times the global average for any developed nation, and if that many can get away with it on a regular basis there must be a good percentage that are not college dropouts.

I think it should be legal but I think that "stoners" who condemn other drugs and set marijuana on a pedestal are going about it the wrong way. An educated debate on the pros and cons of drug use in general is a much better course of action; ultimately shining a positive light on marijuana and its relative lack of evil compared to other drugs - but acknowledging that it is still addictive and can still cause problems for many of its users.
Old 24-06-2010, 11:52
Banned

Male

There is no way anyone could/should even begin to compare kush to a drug like crack or meth. I understand that its based on one definition, but what man has the right to ban/ make illegal something that grows natural upon this earth and was most likely here before us? Every swiy knows that kush has been used for 1000's of years by cultures and their practices.

Marijuana users are most likely happy and laid back.
Never have I met one who had lost their minds due to usage " though possible.. I guess" it doesn't mean they have no respect for the law.. it means that a man with a badge and gun will not stop them for being happy and doing what gives them joys or smiles even if just for a minute.

Swiy is a marijuana user " not heavy once or twice a month, not even "
Swiy has respect for law and order. I've always followed the laws down to the T " speed limits, seat belts, j walking , littering you name it " One thing swiy does not follow is the usage of said substance, why? BECAUSE YOU CANT TAKE WHAT HAPPINESS I have left!

Can I get an AMEN?
Old 24-06-2010, 12:23
Gold Member

corvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medlinecorvardus must mainline Medline

Quote:
There is no way anyone could/should even begin to compare kush to a drug like crack or meth.
A drug is a drug is a drug. Just because marijuana is called a drug just like crack or meth doesn't mean that it isn't still a drug. Who is comparing kush anyway? No one on this thread even mentioned crack or meth so obviously it was a preconception to which the responses on the thread did not agree.

The definition SWIM gave before was a "legal" one. The widest possible definition of drug would be anything that causes a physiological modification in which water, itself, could be defined as a drug.

A comparison between water and crack makes as much sense as marijuana and crack.

Quote:
I understand that its based on one definition, but what man has the right to ban/ make illegal something that grows natural upon this earth and was most likely here before us?
The elected representatives in which the majority of the population has voted for gives these people the right to ban and make stuff illegal. So simples.

Quote:
Every swiy knows that kush has been used for 1000's of years by cultures and their practices.
Clearly "everybody" doesn't know that, otherwise it would not be still illegal.

Quote:
As is the stereotype. SWIM heard of someone the other day that got violent when they partook of marijuana. SWIM was skeptical but in the grand pantheon of human physiology it is conceivable such reactions might occur, albeit rarely.

That is why statistics are used to make assertions.

Quote:
Never have I met one who had lost their minds due to usage " though possible.. I guess" it doesn't mean they have no respect for the law..
Just because you haven't "met" anyone who have lost their minds, do not necessarily mean that no one has lost their minds to it. There are 62 million people in the UK have you met every single one of them?

SWIY's social cliche does not a representative sample make.

Quote:
Swiy is a marijuana user " not heavy once or twice a month, not even "Swiy has respect for law and order. I've always followed the laws down to the T " speed limits, seat belts, j walking , littering you name it.
[Non-Sugar coating]

Then SWIY is a hypocrite at worst and self-delusionary at best. SWIY follows the laws that SWIY agrees with and breaks the laws that SWIY disagrees with. Even worse SWIY is rationalising SWIY's criminal activities with how often he performs said actions.

To consume cannabis one needs to possess it. If one possess cannabis one is committing a crime. It doesn't matter how often the crime is performed it is still a criminal event until such time as it becomes legal or
SWIY ceases and desists marijuana consumption.

At least have the balls to recognise the fact, if nothing else.

Respect for law and order would mean following and obeying EVERY law no matter whether you liked it or not.

SWIY is a criminal, pure and simple. There is no way around that fact. Until marijuana is decriminalised or SWIY stops smoking cannabis this will always be so.

[/Non-Sugar Coating]

Quote:
Can I get an AMEN?
This sentence had a constellation of emotions going through ones head. None of them were particularly nice but it brought this youtube video (watch?v=J-mZ6EmglEc) to mind (the song specifically).

SWIM values honesty above all else, especially those that are honest to themselves, even if it is self depreciating.

I loved the honesty of this post, it was a balls on accurate assessment of the legality of using marijuana.
Detailed and interesting, informational!
IMO very good responses to the quotes given and I especially agree with your last point.
kudos on no sugar coating straight between the eyes comment. :)
honest and detailed...I'd say that's worth some rep. :)
Old 24-06-2010, 12:33
Banned

Male

Oh no no, im not disagreeing with you.

Comparing crack or meth with marijuana?
Why? It's like comparing marijuana to alcohol. Like you said it falls under one definition and I do understand that.

I'm just stumped on why other people who do not use kush need to fight to keep it banned. If they don't smoke it, then they shouldn't worry about it " like smokers and non smokers of cigarettes" How would this be effecting their lives?

Yeah, if Marijuana were legal everywhere there should be some rules/laws to follow with it " like alcohol "

Another question is, why does the government allow the sale of cigarettes even though they cause cancer while banning marijuana? Or even alcohol?

Compare marijuana to anything you want, it's next to harmless.
Old 24-06-2010, 12:39
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 15,418, Level: 18 Points: 15,418, Level: 18 Points: 15,418, Level: 18
Activity: 7.5% Activity: 7.5% Activity: 7.5%

The justification and intellectualising of why smoking marijuana shouldn't be considered an illegal activity, why it shouldn't even be illegal, are the same as you'll hear most crack and opiate addicts using. As has been said, and brilliantly IMHO, marijuana possession (and use) is illegal.

Using the very same stereotypes (about marijuana users) to make it seem like a harmless substance, is no different to the stereotypes that the policy makers use (all heroin users are drug crazed junkies) to demonise heroin and meth, is wrong.

Until all drug users quit being elitist about their chosen DOC, how can they expect the misinformed/uninformed public to start looking at drugs in a different light?

Sparkles.

well said, too much elitist stoner SMOKE MORE TO CAUSE WORLD PEACE stuff about
A very excellent post contradicting DOC elitism
Old 24-06-2010, 12:41
is not his mind

Male from Earth
NeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,143, Level: 21 Points: 21,143, Level: 21 Points: 21,143, Level: 21
Activity: 8.4% Activity: 8.4% Activity: 8.4%

Quote:
There is no way anyone could/should even begin to compare kush to a drug like crack or meth. I understand that its based on one definition, but what man has the right to ban/ make illegal something that grows natural upon this earth and was most likely here before us? Every swiy knows that kush has been used for 1000's of years by cultures and their practices.
The same right that one man has to restrict what another man can eat/drink/consume.

Need I note that alcohol and cocaine have been used for long periods of time, but both are restricted and controlled to different degrees in different countries? If I was in charge I would implement some changes to the laws we have; but there would need to be many, many other changes that precede. Our society and culture are by no means ready for legalization of all drugs, but if I'm re-incarnated a human some 1000 years down the road and things get better instead of worse - I might see it happen.

Quote:
Quote:
Another question is, why does the government allow the sale of cigarettes even though they cause cancer while banning marijuana? Or even alcohol?
Though I agree that many of them are, this hasn't anything to do with its illegality and why people 'think its bad'. Take a look through the Cannabis History - Detailed Timeline article if you're not already familiar with its history and criminalization, it gives a nice overview of the reasons behind the destruction of its reputation as a useful medicine.

Quote:
It's arguments like this that are hindering its legalization. This has absolutely no basis in any rational logic, and discredits the valid work of researchers that are showing it in a rightful unbiased light. Some say fight bias with more bias, but I'd say spread the truth.
Old 24-06-2010, 13:05
Banned

Male

It's not that everybody doesn't know that.
It's that these certain peoples do not accept usage of marijuana, they are not accepting to other practices,culture " obviously there is a purpose for MEDICAL MARIJUANA"

In my eyes marijuana should not have been banned for the most part.
at 18 years old you can be sent off to war only to be killed, but you can't sit back and smoke a spliff relaxing to some melodies, because that's seen as a criminal act.

Johnnynapples added 22 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

I don't know what to say.
I guess I have terrible debating skills.
I'm no good with staying on topic on any subject, I don't know why I try.
I just don't know why marijuana is such a big deal.
Ya know, Swiy is content with being a criminal.

This place in which we live is very screwy, and cold with all thats happening.

Medical Mj or legal mj is a big subject in these parts, but I do believe it should be the last of anyones worries.

Thanks for the post everyone, great discussion.

Take care

Last edited by Johnnynapples; 24-06-2010 at 13:05. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 24-06-2010, 13:08
Gold Member

Quote:
I'm just stumped on why other people who do not use kush need to fight to keep it banned.
This is a can of worms that have more reasons than worms! All that can be provided

1) Lazy parents
2) Loved ones that have had bad "experiences" with cannabis
3) Skewed risk/reward analysis
4) "Conservatives" and Status-quo lovers (no not the band)
5) Money
6) Healthcare ramifications
7) Slippery slope arguments.

1) Lazy Parents: Drugs are bad. So take no drugs. It is an absolute stance. They can't be bothered teaching their children the world of grey and assessing risk for themselves. Marijuana vs Crack is an absurd comparison to US but to the parents it is an annoyance. Means that their absolute stance really isn't appropriate yet they can't be arsed to change their views. Since they don't take marijuana fuck the stoners. Keep it illegal makes my job easier

2) Bad Experiences With any substance, even with water, there will be a physiological consequence that would be classed as negative. Obviously parents and loved ones without a decent knowledge would think that this was the primary reason why such an event occured rather than showing that there is an underlying problem.

3) Skewed: Risk vs Reward

Radiation is really a classic example of the same risk vs reward that SWIM suspects even this forum could appreciate.

SWIM would consider that the risks the public believes that "drug taking" entails would be of a similar to that of radiation risk, yet when the statistics are looked at just working and living at home would be more risky to life than being exposed to radiation.

Clearly, though, such a statement would imply that SWIM considers drugs to represent no real risk. SWIM states categorically that the word "drugs" covers a pantheon of substances, following a continuum of risk some more risky than others.

This was one of the reasons why Nutt was criticised because such a risk assessment for Ecstacy (MDMA specificially) found that horse riding, itself, was more risky. Clearly since little girls are found horse riding on a regular basis people need to be protected from risks that even little girls take!

4) Status-Quo (Conservatives)

Essentially these people prefer the devil that they know instead of the devil they don't. In their living memory prohibition of some form or other has been par-the-course for their lives. They are uncertain how the future would turn out if these laws are relaxed. Fear of the unknown.

5) Money

Industry like alcohol and tobacco
Tax

Really pick your poison. Money has been made from the prohibition of cannabis. Those interests that would be damaged by such a legalisation would resist any changes to such a status.

6) Healthcare

Like it or not Cannabis is not wholley or completely without risk to both body and mind and the infrastructure would be necessary to deal with a new demographic of individual who would begin to take cannabis should it become illegal.

Just imagine Casualty (ER) being packed with idiots who mistook a panic attack with that of a Cannabis "overdose". There will be some forseen consequences and some unforseen consequences to the legalisation of cannabis and these need to be dealt with quickly and efficiently.

7) Slippery Slope

It isn't the first time the "gateway" hypothesis has been used. It is conceivable even when cannabis is made legal that individuals having tasted the pleasures that cannabis can bring might try something a little different. It is an argument, like thrush, is persistant.

Quote:
Money, money, money. And riots if they did it too quickly. They are very slowly souring the nipple of tobacco whilst making money from the die-hards.

Quote:
What?! Safer than 78.09% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, 0.93% argon and 0.03% carbon dioxide?!

well-formatted and well-spoken
Honest and - importantly - realistic.
impeccably broached, good structure and clear explanation
Attached Images
File Type: gif backup_200209_RiverBend-sidebar-tab.gif (18.8 KB, 546 views)

Last edited by corvardus; 24-06-2010 at 13:15.
Old 26-06-2010, 07:01
Banned

Male

Your right about comparison, and that's just absurd to compare Marijuana to Crack Cocaine, and everyone knows about the alcohol vs marijuana debate.
Could go on for days about this, but you " swiys" answered my questions down to a T and im starting to get off topic and sounding like an idiot.

The laws the law I guess either deal or move to California or Amsterdam!
Thanks for the post's! Great information and I see things in a different view!

when at risk of getting off topic and sounding like idiot try keeping your mouth shut a while longer...
Old 29-06-2010, 01:23
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

27 y/o Male from United States
alienfetus should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

The bottom line, anyway anyone wants to slice it, people think marijuana is bad because that's what they've been told since birth. The why is a long and complicated one starting back when cocaine (and other addictives) first came into availability. Addiction was soon rampant and, instead of educating the public on the dangers of habit forming drugs and allowing them to make an educated decision on their own on whether or not to use these drugs, you know, tell them the truth, the government sought to ban or strictly control all substances that caused any sort of altered state of mind. Thing is, if history has taught us anything, it's that humans NEED drugs. Sure, not all of us need a crack rock or a fix of H, but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who hasn't taken some kind of drugs be it Tylenol or antibiotics. You'd be equally challenged to find a person who hasn't tried cigarettes, drank beer, or smoked weed. Recreational drugs use is something that humans have done since the beginning. I mean, damn, even little kids spin around in circles or play the choking game for a head change. The question isn't how can we stop drug use. We need to educate people truthfully on the effects of drugs. On a side note, if it wasn't for weed, swim would be an alcoholic.
Old 29-06-2010, 01:59
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from Earth
.:.Somnolence.:. is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Just because a drug is "man made" doesn't mean it's a ticket to hell and just because a drug is a "plant" doesn't mean squat...
Let me see, you mentioned "cocaine,crack cocaine, meth, mdma, heroin, GHB, PCP,acid, opiates, benzos" all to be man made and worse than cannabis. Coke, GHB, LSD, and MDMA all come from plant matter! Hell, GHB is in wine in small quanties, LSD comes from Ergot fungus, and even plants have been found to react on the same receptors as benzos. everyone knows cocaine comes from coca, and heroin/opiates come from opium poppies. Even MDMA and amphetamine come from natural sources (saffrole, ephidrine)... Plants have a wide range of "chemicals" some worse than man made ones. Carcinogens and mutagens are even in some plants! (false hellebore, Calamus). So using the "just a plant"argument makes no sence. Just because it grows in the ground doesn't mean its safe...
And also, swim said it before and swim will say it again. Marijuana is addicting! Iswims all for it, swim love smoking pot at all hours of the day, but it certainly is addicting just like any other substance can be... Maybe not with full blown withdrawls, but pot is addicting.
swim believes it should be legal just like all the other plants. Illegalizing a plant is silly, the same goes for opium poppies and coca. Would love to see the day but swim doesn't think its gunna happend for a long, long time.

Great information
Well said.
Old 29-06-2010, 10:06
Banned

Male

I wasen't really meaning the root " or base" of the drug, though I didn't know that and thank you for that interesting information. by man made I mean altered in some way like how crack is made, or meth is made kind of like that.

As in safe I mean your more likely to do something stupid while on said substances compared to marijuana in my opinion is less likely but these things to happen. Have you ever heard of an overdose of marijuana ? Me neither
Old 29-06-2010, 10:14

missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute

Quote:
Have you ever heard of an overdose of marijuana ? Me neither
Ever heard of marijuana induced psychosis...yeah, me too?

Sparkles.
Old 29-06-2010, 10:25
Palladium Member

24 y/o Male from United States
EscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline Medline
Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
I wasen't really meaning the root " or base" of the drug, though I didn't know that and thank you for that interesting information. by man made I mean altered in some way like how crack is made, or meth is made kind of like that.

As in safe I mean your more likely to do something stupid while on said substances compared to marijuana in my opinion is less likely but these things to happen. Have you ever heard of an overdose of marijuana ? Me neither

Never heard of a marijuana OD, however don't fool yourself that marijuana is harmless. It exacerbates underlying mental conditions in some people, and can trigger anxiety and such things too. It's one of the most benign drugs, but a drug nonetheless as others have said. Swim says its hard to argue against the fact that it causes hazy memory and reduces motivation in a lot of people. There are many functional smokers (such as swim) but no doubt, it has negatively affected his memory/motivation to a degree.

Also, the 'man made vs natural drug' argument is a complete fallacy. Deleriants like Datura, nutmeg, some nightshades etc are some of the most toxic, dangerous drugs known to man. The coca plant is completely natural, which cocaine comes from. LSD also is semi-synthetic, derived from the ergot fungus which grows on rye. Some man made drugs are quite safe, while naturally occuring ones are lethal.

Excellent point, natural drugs can be the most toxic.
Old 29-06-2010, 10:25
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by missparkles View Post
Ever heard of marijuana induced psychosis...yeah, me too?

Sparkles.
That's great come back " laughing out loud "

I'm sure it can happen, but in my opinion that's very unlikely or rare to become crazy, or insane because you smoke marijuana. Now I once knew a guy who did a lot of coke. One day he had his wisdom teeth pulled and he was in a lot of pain. He shoved cocaine into the socket of which there is not tooth. He's now messed of for the rest of his like because the cocaine went straight to his brain.

Have you heard of that one guy who smoked marijuana for his first time and almost died, and resulted of a permatrip? Me neither
Old 29-06-2010, 10:30
Palladium Member

24 y/o Male from United States
EscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline Medline
Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
That's great come back " laughing out loud "

Now I once knew a guy who did a lot of coke. One day he had his wisdom teeth pulled and he was in a lot of pain. He shoved cocaine into the socket of which there is not tooth. He's now messed of for the rest of his like because the cocaine went straight to his brain.

That's not how cocaine works. Putting it in an empty socket might result in one getting really high, but no drugs go 'straight to the brain' like that. They enter the bloodstream and then cross the blood-brain barrier. It's not like tooth sockets are a superhighway to the brain. Also, if he's messed up for his life, its because of his consistent (probably heavy) cocaine use, not this dumb thing he did once.

edit: cocaine is also used as a medical anesthetic. benzocaine and novocaine are related compounds dentists use to numb the mouth, so that guy's use would be considered "on label "

Nice injection of common sense
Old 29-06-2010, 10:36

Quoting myths about coke doesn't mean that some people can't become psychotic after heavy (long term) ingestion of Marijuana (Marijuana psychosis...yeah?) and by trying to call what I'm saying a myth, you just make your own assertion look even more silly. Every drug has the propensity to harm, even natural ones as Escape Dummy pointed out.

Sparkles.
Old 29-06-2010, 10:52
Banned

Male

I stated in my last reply that its very unlikely BUT " These things do happen " so what im agreeing with you . I never called your a myth at all.

There's really no other way to slice this piece your more than likely to go insane with the other compound chemical substances like Acid, Cocaine, Meth, Heroin, Inhalants. Even salvia will blow marijuana out of the water!

Sorry about this, my story could be a little off.
Swim has never used cocaine. Thanks for that information though.

Much Obliged

careful of self incrimination

Last edited by Phungushead; 13-07-2010 at 09:52. Reason: SI
Old 29-06-2010, 10:56

Salvia? And what is Salvia...yeah, that's quite right, Salvia is a plant, a natural drug. So the synthetic versus natural drug argument that was made for Marijuana is kinda redundant now, isn't it.

Sparkles.

Sorry, getting slightly off topic here, this is about marijuana, not Salvia.
Old 29-06-2010, 11:05
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missparkles View Post
Every drug has the propensity to harm, even natural ones as Escape Dummy pointed out.
To enhance this a bit.

EVERYTHING has the propensity to harm even Oxygen and Water. Life is an exercise of harm limitation and mitigation. One comes up with rules to live by, even then some of the rules are not universal and can bite you in the arse if you don't employ judicious use of common sense.

I liked that part about life being a harm limitation excercise, that is correct.
Old 29-06-2010, 11:29
Banned

Male

You get what you put in.

No, not at all. You said like any other plants.
Comparing them to synthetics what im trying to say, even a "plant" a like marijuana is far more intense. Assured marijuana is not a bad thing
Old 29-06-2010, 11:31
Gold Member

Quote:
There's really no other way to slice this piece your more than likely to go insane with the other compound chemical substances like Acid, Cocaine, Meth, Heroin, Inhalants. Even salvia will blow marijuana out of the water!
You can go "insane" with any substance including water. You have made an assertion that you are "more likely" to go insane with the listed drugs. The term "more likely" implies that a statistical analysis of data has been performed. Do you have a source to back that assertion up, then?
Old 29-06-2010, 11:43
Banned

Male

No, no I do not have anything to back that assumption up with because it was off my own opinion and the things I have read thus based on my own person collected data.

I guess now I can only say that in my eyes marijuana is next to harmless " my opinion, own beliefs for myself "

Yeah I agreed to the harm it could do to your body.
I'm aware anything can do you wrong.
I'm no aware that other man made substances are based on plants.

I just wish " some " people would stop thinking that marijuana is a terrible, terrible , criminal act "despised" yes off topic, likely very very off topic on some parts. your more than "likely" to fall down the stairs blind folded.

Thanks for the replies

Share this on:

Tags
addiction, cannabis, cannabis health risks, cannabis psychosis, coke, drug, drugs, marijuana, nicotine, pot, thc, weed