Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Cocaine addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cocaine addiction Support for coping with Crack & Cocaine addiction and Crack & Cocaine addiction treatment.

Old 01-06-2010, 23:46
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Netherlands
brokenknows is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
f**k f**k f**k my nose has come loose

okay first a quick hello, had a good look on the forums and there some cool clever people on here!

now swim has been wasting there time, money, life on the shit we all love to hate for about a year, past 4 was a few a year then in the last year its gone into over drive! After swim's health started to get slack and one week doing an ounce that done nothing but make swim a sketchy, weak mug who now has very little money swim decided to go away with a friend for a month of easy living in the sun.
swim felt amazing and looked better for it and turned back to the person he was yester years!
when swim came back he let it go and has got straight back on it. After doing half ounce in 10 days swimls nose has kinda come away from the inside and sticking a mirror underneith swim can see 2 splits and raw flesh!
this sucks lol
swim will no dout finish another one of in the next couple of hours if swim can get his nose clear, now slighty harder to do now it vibraites when swim blows it! And the feeling of damaging it more.
btw im writing this for swim whos been doing it for aabout 35 hours straight. Stupid really!
maybe this will be a wake up call after a long sleeo and swims head is clear of not full of shit.

can people give swim any advice on the nose? Will it heal etc...

swim in a strange way doesn't feel as bad as nomal after a binge. Hopefully what swim has left will be the last....i hope

thanks for reading, might be a load of shit when i read it back but im rushing...

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thanks for sharing this potentially personal subject
good job usin swim
Old 01-06-2010, 23:55

Male from Canada
Bunnintreez is a decent psychonaut.
Re: f**k f**k f**k my nose has come loose

its not gonna heal if SWIY keeps hittin lines....only advise swim can give your not gonna like. Lay off the blow
Old 02-06-2010, 00:17
Research Chemicals Forum
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Phenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,869, Level: 20 Points: 19,869, Level: 20 Points: 19,869, Level: 20
Activity: 29.6% Activity: 29.6% Activity: 29.6%

SWIY really should see a doctor as soon as possible, even if that means a visit to the emergency room. A perforated nasal septum is pretty serious and should not be ignored. It is unlikely to heal properly if left untreated.

The large number of blood vessels in the nose mean that damaged tissues are prone to heavy bleeding. Should the wound become infected, the pathogen(s) could quickly move into the bloodstream, potentially leading to serious or even life-threatening systemic infections. Though these lethal complications are uncommon, the onset can be rapid, so it's best to get under medical supervision without delay. As was already suggested, SWIY should also abstain from further insufflation of drugs.

Depending on the severity of the damage, it may be possible to clean up the damage without surgery. If not, then cosmetic correction (septoplasty) may be necessary. This is an unpleasant but relatively straightforward surgical procedure, and should return the nose back to a functional state. In the longer term, continuing to insufflate cocaine with an already damaged septum would be a seriously bad idea. It may be time to re-evaluate SWIY's drug use, and at the very least consider alternative routes of administration that won't cause further nasal damage.

All the best. Hope it gets treated promptly and effectively.

Excellent detailed harm-reduction/safety advice.Thanks
Responsible advice, as always.
Fantastic information for the OP
Great advice, and informative post.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:14
Silver Member

Female from United States
(emily) is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 157, Level: 2 Points: 157, Level: 2 Points: 157, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenknows View Post
okay first a quick hello, had a good look on the forums and there some cool clever people on here!

now swim has been wasting there time, money, life on the shit we all love to hate for about a year, past 4 was a few a year then in the last year its gone into over drive! After swim's health started to get slack and one week doing an ounce that done nothing but make swim a sketchy, weak mug who now has very little money swim decided to go away with a friend for a month of easy living in the sun.
swim felt amazing and looked better for it and turned back to the person he was yester years!
when swim came back he let it go and has got straight back on it. After doing half ounce in 10 days swimls nose has kinda come away from the inside and sticking a mirror underneith swim can see 2 splits and raw flesh!
this sucks lol
swim will no dout finish another one of in the next couple of hours if swim can get his nose clear, now slighty harder to do now it vibraites when swim blows it! And the feeling of damaging it more.
btw im writing this for swim whos been doing it for aabout 35 hours straight. Stupid really!
maybe this will be a wake up call after a long sleeo and swims head is clear of not full of shit.

can people give swim any advice on the nose? Will it heal etc...

swim in a strange way doesn't feel as bad as nomal after a binge. Hopefully what swim has left will be the last....i hope

thanks for reading, might be a load of shit when i read it back but im rushing...
This post scares me. A lot.

"Its sweet in your mouth, but you wont spit it out,
So now its going to burn you from the inside out.
...but you say, its taking the pain away."

When a person values a drug enough to knowingly and willfully choose to rip chunks of flesh out of his nose, it's time to stop using and realize what he has become.

"And you say that you know, you say that you feel,
But i know in my heart that there is something more real.

But you say;
Dont you know man, I heard what you said but,
It got lost in that space in my head."

Swim's words are NOT meant as an insult. Swim has great love for people and desperately wants to see swiy live a GOOD life!
This post is out of friendship and concern!
(and due to things swim has seen/been through... thats why the original post scares swim...)

Swim feels like she's about to lose another friend... man, don't let this be the end!

Good little verse/saying

Last edited by (emily); 02-06-2010 at 01:23.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:30
Silver Member

jamajessie is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1

go see a dr! Coke will actually eat a hole in your nose. I've heard of someone that could take a handkerchief put the end up one nostril and pull it out the other nostril because of the hole that coke ate through their nose.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:39
Silver Member

44 y/o Female from United Kingdom
dazedand is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 141, Level: 1 Points: 141, Level: 1 Points: 141, Level: 1

Hey Hon,
SWIM says trust SWIM, because SWIM is NOT a doctor, SWIM just did a little digging on SWIY's behalf.

SWIM says first take a deep breath... that was in no way meant to be funny!
The outlook it seems, if SWIY perseveres, will prove more than likely sunny.

BUT ONLY IF...

SWIY can stop snorting cocaine immediately.
Any and all continued use, now and for the mid-term future, will aggravate the existing condition and only serve to further fuck-up SWIY's nose.

SWIM knows this far easier to say than do. The act of snorting in itself is an immense, thigh sweating, fucking party and SWIM hates the idea that one day, at least for SWIM, the party's going to come to an end.
But, if SWIY truly wants to avoid the mono-nostril (damn!) SWIY is going to have to find some other place, (Oral? Rectal?) to 'wang his chang'
(SWIM apologises for making up the last expression, but now hasn't got the heart to delete it).

Stopping the known cause of the problem, in this case, snorting the coke, is actually the only completely crucial step in redeeming SWIY's nose.
As long as the damage is fairly minimal, eg, small slits, rather than large holes, there is more than a good chance that the nose will heal itself over an indeterminable period of time.
(Timeframes seem to differ based on variables ranging from amount of damage to indiviual capacity to heal; but between six to twenty-four months did not seem uncommon in a fair number of cases.)

Major Surgery is rarely necessary and appears to be used only in extreme cases, where there are continuous nose bleeds, or an immediate threat to the respiratory system, or where travel of the broken cartilage is in danger of reaching either the ocular cavity (eye, sorry for stating the bleedin' obvious) or the brain.
In less serious circumstance, minor surgical procedures are implemented. Thses can include, widening the holes to allow for free and clear airflow.
Or sealing medium size holes, classified as approx 8mm to 15mm, with silicone buttons.
Both these procedures seem to offer a more than satisfactory success rate.

There are other things that SWIY can do to aid the recovery process;
Neosporin is widely recognised as beneficial for this exact condition, it's a triple antibiotic cream with an anti-bacterial built in.
SWIM does not know where SWIY resides, but in the US, Neosporin is an everyday OTC found in any Walmart, Target etc.
Here in good old Blightly, it appears to be prescription only. SWIM is trying to find alternatives and will post accordingly.

BUT...
and this is important.
NO!
Scratch that. We've just accelerated through Important and our now speeding directly towards CRUCIAL...

Irrespective of SWIY's country, SWIY needs to see a Doctor. Preferably, like, now.
SWIM doesn't want to get all heavy on SWIY and start like pronouncing implacable deadlines, cause SWIM would happily give the double finger to anyone doing that to SWIM, But... seriously man, go to the fucking Doctor...

Only a Doctor can ascertain an underlying infection, or know whether a piece of SWIY's nose will suddenly fall out, or whether the bone is so weakened that the bridge of SWIY's nose could actually collapse and SWIY would then need fairly extensive surgery to fix that and a myriad of other interrelated problems.

SWIM really really(add 2 more) hates the idea of going to the Doctors, but, SWIM thinks SWIM would rather face a Doctor than any of the shit as detailed above!! If necessary, SWIM will beg!

Other Good Things To Do...
Buy a vaporiser and place it next to SWIY's bed, have it release warm water vapour in the general direction of SWIY's head throughout the night for as long it takes... this will help stop membranes drying out and both aid and potentially speed up overall healing; there was some other stuff about mucus, but SWIM kind of glossed over that...

Don't blow SWIY's nose.
While disregarding this suggestion could offer some obvious comedic outcomes, especially at high velocity; scenes like the ones that SWIM is currently picturing in SWIM's head, should only ever happen in a movie;
never in reality!

Giving up cigarettes was also cited as an aid to faster healing, due mainly to the vascoconstrictive properties of nicotine; but if SWIM had just found a hole in SWIM's nose, the first thing SWIM would do is light up .

Use a pure saline solution (medical grade saltwater available at any chemist) to gentle rinse out SWIY's nose, two or three times a day.

And, Vitamin E Oil can be applied daily or as need to keep the area lubricated and free of any crusty bits!!

It's more than likely SWIY may experience light nosebleeds; these are considered a normal part of the healing process.
BUT, if they are, or start to become, frequent (although what is meant by frequent in this context was not clarified), persistent, or particularly heavy then SWIY should head to the Doctors or ER with something approaching haste.

SWIM believes in SWIY's ability to do this and feels SWIY has already been courageous in dealing with the discovery and in posting on DF.
This is scary shit and a very real concern for SWIM and fellow SWIMmers.

From what SWIM has unearthed, it would appear that if SWIY stops snorting right now, everything's gonna be just fine.
SWIM truly, deeply hopes that SWIY has the kind of strength and determination, of which SWIM can only dream.
SWIM feels this may well prove to be the case.
SWIM urges SWIY to update
Good luck babe.... take as much as you need!

Stay Safe x

Self-Obsessed Paranoid Footnote:
SWIM would like to apologise if at any point SWIM seemed flippant; SWIM assures SWIY of SWIM's seriousness in this matter.
SWIM also apologises for the length and possible off-subject ramblings of this post; this is due in part to SWIM being so high that SWIM has achieved a semi-liquid state.

x

dazedand added 5 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Did I mention about going to see a Doctor.
Did I mention I will beg you if it will help... on hands and knees if necessary... I'm quite good apparently!

dazedand added 1 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

That last comment isn't true...
I'm very, very bad!!

I'll get me coat!
x

Good and detailed advice.
a comprehenive coverage of safety and advice. good work
Well done, good detailed information/advice!
Excellent advice! A great (& clearly well-researched!) post; very informative as well as supportive.

Last edited by dazedand; 02-06-2010 at 04:39. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-06-2010, 06:20
Silver Member

(emily) is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 157, Level: 2 Points: 157, Level: 2 Points: 157, Level: 2

Agreed, see a doctor.

Quit *all* the drugs !NOW!, and go see a doctor. Sounds like the nose will heal decently from this point. Good medical supervision should get swiy on the mend very nicely, it sounds like. (but only if swiy handles himself properly)
Make absolutely certain that swiy treats this like a critically serious situation. It is. Infections inside the head or nasal area MUST BE TREATED IMMEDIATELY due to the proximity to the brain. Waiting even just a few days can potentially be life threatening.
But a doctor can treat it easily if caught early!!!
go to the doc!

swiy's body has already been pushed *beyond* its limits.
Dont use for a while, its time to call it quits and let the body heal... If swiy keep using, swim'd expect some form of irreparable damage.
swiy has only one body. There are no replacements, what's done is done.
So swiy better treat it well.

Swiy is responsible for his own actions. Do what needs to be done. Swim guarantees swiy has the strength and intelligence to get things done.
Swim strongly suggests quitting coke forever.

Last edited by (emily); 02-06-2010 at 06:31.
Old 02-06-2010, 13:30

Female from Afghanistan
RQ_user is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 163, Level: 2 Points: 163, Level: 2 Points: 163, Level: 2

hmmm good advice offered.. SWIM can only add that she had a septum stretched out to 3/4rs of an inch in diameter and has a wobbly nose... it causes no issues and has shrunk to a smaller hole now... So if folowing the medical advice given in this thread.. do not worry that it can not heal.
Old 02-06-2010, 13:49

Male from Netherlands

thank you all for your replies, theyve realy hit home and its quite upsetting how serious swims problems are. swim wishs he could have seen what he would have become now a couple years back im sure swim would have turned his back on the nasty stuff.
swim should have seen this coming, swim has had a blocked up cold like runny nose for a year now, either to blocked to breath through it or so dry it hurts. waking up with nose bleeds and orange snot on tissue nearly every day.

swim will now be getting to a doctor in no time but theres one thing on swims mind, that is swim is going under general anesphetic for an eye operation in a weeks time. do you think will this be a problem?

swim lives in the uk. will cocaine use go somehow on any records?
and could swim see a different doctor as swim's is close to home?
Old 02-06-2010, 16:27
Silver Member

As concise a report as possible... (Thanks Benga)

Below are results for 'Cocaine Abusing Patients requiring General Anaesthesia.

Results. Cardiovascular stability during and after general anaesthesia in cocaine positive, non-toxic patients was not significantly different when compared with an age and ASA matched drug-free control group.

Conclusions. These results demonstrate that the non-toxic cocaine abusing patient can be administered general anaesthesia with no greater risk than comparable age and ASA matched drug-free patients.

With regard to perforation of holes in the nose this will have no impact on the anaesthesia; it appears that leaving a sizeable hole in the cartilage (3cm - 4cm) is sometimes a preferable option than full-blown surgery. SWIM cites Tara Palmer Tompkinson as someone who, following a breech in her nasal cavity, elected not to undergo surgery.

Neosporin can be purchased at a number of US based online Pharmacies and they offer shipping to the UK; SWIM can check the legal implications of this for SWIY and will also try and find a non-prescription UK based alternative.

Doctors are legally and morally bound by the Hippocratic Oath; SWIY's medical records are completely confidential and even illegal drug use is not (as yet) a reason for this Oath to be broken.
SWIM believes there are drop-in clinics throughout the UK, where SWIY would not have to face a known Doctor, alternatively if there is more than one Doctor at SWIY's local practice, perhaps SWIY could specify a Doctor they have never seen before.
Again, to stress, ALL Medical Records are completely confidential.

Good luck Babe. From what SWIM has read, your condition is in no way life threatening or untreatable and as long as SWIY takes immediate action, SWIY should with relatively speed achieve a satisfactory, if not full recovery .

SWIM actually found the research to be quite reassuring; this is a recognised problem with a well mapped out route to recovery; SWIM hopes SWIY takes heart from this and does not judge themselves too harshly.
SWIM does not judge SWIY in any way shape or form; SWIM merely sends love and hugs and wishes SWIY every wish for a quick and full recovery.
Good luck Babe and stay safe x

dazedand added 97 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Hey Hon,
SWIM just found a generic triple antibiotic ointment, on a par with Neosporin, available on a very well known auction/shopping site (hope this isn't considered a source discussion, given the nature of the product).
It is a UK listing, although the product ships from the States, SWIM is fairly sure SWIM would get walloped with a great big infraction stick if SWIM stuck the link in here, but a search for 'Triple Antibiotic' would no doubt bring up the same results.
There are also US Sellers listed who ship branded Neosporin to the UK; SWIM cannot find conclusive legal implications for importing such a benign product and wonders if other SWIMmers would be able to provide definitive info.

Stay safe x

Last edited by dazedand; 02-06-2010 at 16:29. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-06-2010, 16:32

Male from Netherlands

thanks for your reassuring and kind replies, given swim a bit more hope.

ive regreat what ive done and do all the time, for my friends and familys sake. i dont know why i cant say no.

neosporin sounds like its needed so thanks for the heads up on that.
Old 02-06-2010, 16:38
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 14,963, Level: 17 Points: 14,963, Level: 17 Points: 14,963, Level: 17
Activity: 16.7% Activity: 16.7% Activity: 16.7%

Quote:
ive regreat what ive done and do all the time, for my friends and familys sake. i dont know why i cant say no.
That's addiction.

However, no one is perfect, and everyone makes mistakes. My old granny used to tell Sparkles it's not how many times you fall on ya ass that matters, it's how many times you get back up, that's what really counts. Personally, Sparkles understands that awful guilt, cos she's felt it too. But now, the way she sees it, she can't undo what's done, and she doesn't know what tomorrow is gonna bring, all she has is the now.

And although no one can go back and change what's happened, we can make sure we learn from those mistakes, and make sure we never make the same one's ever again. That way something really positive can come from any addiction. So try not to beat yourself up, cos I imagine there are enough people who would be willing to write you off, as people do with most addicts.

So basically, you gotta learn from the past, but live in the present.

Sparkles.

fantastic, supportive statements, especially for the OP
Old 02-06-2010, 17:11

Male from Netherlands

swim cant see anything positive coming from this addiction to be honest, swim is young with now poor-ish heatlh, crap eye sight that was fine before cocaine use, head aches all the time, crap love life, lost job, depession, dept and a nose falling apart....and nearly worst of all parents though very surportive have lost faith in swim after telling them swim was an addict a few months ago(i was caught being sick with a baggie on the floor to be truthful)

for fuck sake swim used to be a decent well liked person with everything going for swim.

Great to see a newcomer be so open and truthful, there also seems to be a real desire to help yourself which is so huge! A+
Old 02-06-2010, 17:31
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 14,963, Level: 17 Points: 14,963, Level: 17 Points: 14,963, Level: 17
Activity: 16.7% Activity: 16.7% Activity: 16.7%

Quote:
swim cant see anything positive coming from this addiction to be honest, swim is young with now poor-ish heatlh, crap eye sight that was fine before cocaine use, head aches all the time, crap love life, lost job, depession, dept and a nose falling apart....and nearly worst of all parents though very surportive have lost faith in swim after telling them swim was an addict a few months ago(i was caught being sick with a baggie on the floor to be truthful)

for fuck sake swim used to be a decent well liked person with everything going for swim.
You think...huh?

Sparkles had a husband she adored, 4 beautiful children, a nice home, and a family that loved her...she also had a raging heroin habit, and she lost everything. She had the clothes she was wearing, no money, no friends, no family. That's when she was at her lowest. Now, after rehab and dealing with her issues (without drugs) she no longer has a habit, her family are now there for her, she has their love and respect, and she has peace of mind. But it didn't come easily, she had to earn it.

Now she too has health problems, but on her worst day now, it's a dream compared to her best day when she was using. No longer does she feel powerless over her life and the situations that occur in it. She's in control now, and that's a powerful position to be coming from. Just give it a little time, remember, no one gets addicted in a matter of weeks, usually it's years, so getting un-addicted won't take weeks, it's gonna take time, but hang in there, cos it does get better. If it didn't Sparkles would be using...still.

Sparkles.
Old 02-06-2010, 18:01

24 y/o Male
Maf2910 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1

SWIM had extreme pain and visible sores/lacerations in their nasal cavity, which was cause for great concern as the pain and cuts would get progressivley worse with use. It finally reached a point where fears of lifelong pain/discomfort took over and was one of the reasons they quit using. Over time the pain went away and the nose wound up healing itself, however, the septum is still perforated.

SWIM didn't go to a doctor and was fine, but it is impossible for anyone to know SWIY's levels of discomfort or the actual severity of damage so good judgment is necessary. SWIY should keep things out of their nose except for saline solution, eat, and sleep.

SWIY, don't beat yourself up. Everyone has issues they have to face; if they didn't they wouldn't be living life.
Old 02-06-2010, 18:27
Silver Member

jamajessie is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1

Keep your head up it will be okay. Just lay off the coke so you don't end up with a nose that really is falling apart like the late Michael Jackson's. I'm sure you don't want to have to wear a piece of tape just to keep your nose attached to your face. The image of his nose should be enough to make anybody quit.

Last edited by jamajessie; 02-06-2010 at 19:11. Reason: mispelled a word
Old 03-06-2010, 02:29
Silver Member

Okay, okay, don't berate SWIM for throwing a cliche into the mix...
It's not where SWIY's been that's truly important, it's the direction you now choose to take.

SWIM's and SWIY's past experiences can define them, embolden them, crush them or act as a catalyst for change.
This experience may have left SWIY physically damaged, but with drug cessation and a prolonged burst of healthy living there's every reason to believe that SWIY could eventually regain perfectly good health.
However, the challenges SWIY now faces, which SWIM believes SWIY has the ability to overcome, could by successful navigation actually engender a positive psychological change in SWIY; leaving SWIY wiser, mentally stronger, more confident in ability and more aware of self.

SWIM believes that self-loathing, beyond being a paralysing state, can all too easily become a crutch, a reason never to strive for more, never to leave the confines of comfy discontentment. After all what's the point when all that awaits is further confirmation of SWIM/SWIY's inability to succeed?
But, how much more dangerous and exciting is it to try, even while believing that the only imaginable outcome has to be failure? How much more extraordinary to give, even in the certainty of there being nothing in return?

SWIM imagines SWIY ten years from now, living the life that SWIY had always rather hoped SWIY would lead.
SWIM also imagines that, every now and again, Future SWIY stops and with a sudden piercing sadness, imagines for a moment, just how different it all could have been...

Stay safe
x
Old 05-06-2010, 08:52

24 y/o Male from United States
ForgottenRebel77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

SWIM had the same problem. Swim started doing yay about a year and a half ago and started out sprinting from the gate. He would usually ingest around 1-2.5 grams per day as his best friend and roommate was a dealer. After about a month of almost constant use Swim noticed that the inside of his nose was raw and scabbing. Bloody boogers (i know its gross!) and stuff would always be coming out of his nose.

Swim decided to stop using for about 2 weeks. (of course he did a little bump here and there). Swim mentioned that he didnt even want to do any more (well he did it was just too painful for him) until he healed up. But be warned Swim has heard stories of people who had their entire septum dissolved by the cocaine (it is very corrosive).

Swim advises you take a break, just fight it, Swim knows it sucks, but wait until you can put your finger in your nostril without it hurting at all. Then practice moderation once you are ready to return to using. But Swim honestly thinks this sounds more of a case of severe addiction and you should probably think about seeking treatment. But Swim is not here to judge anyone for their decisions. Do as you will.

Hope this helps!
Old 05-06-2010, 12:33
Palladium Member

Male from Japan
Spucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline Medline
Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
AW: f**k f**k f**k my nose has come loose

People with "Nose-Problems" need to see the reason behind of this damage,
as a Scroogellogist i can see 2 major reasons behind this "Health-Problem":
1. Wounds made by sharp snorting utensils like Bills (they look like typical cuts)
2. Wounds made by aggressive Chemicals (they can look like Burns)

Imo. only Nr. 2 will lead to further Health-Problems!

Have a look into the Wiki-Article about "Snorting"!
Old 09-06-2010, 18:33

Male from Netherlands

sparkles, sure youve heard it before but well done, its a hard thing youve overcome and swim can see where your coming from and hope swim can do/say the same soon.
swim thought about what you said and swim's crappy days of the blow are better then the good days on it...thats helped swim out.

swim has been clean now(1 or 2 being the exception) but trust swim thats good! swim even when using was a healthy eater(strange but hay ho) so has carried on eating well, has been doing more exercise and so feeling soooo much better for it.

swim hasnt been to the docs as yet, swim has used a vitamin oil and not caused it to get worse, it doesdnt hurt so swim is leaving it for now. hopefully it will start to heal its self.

youve all helped so thanks again.
Old 28-08-2010, 08:28
Mercury Member

34 y/o Male from United States
Dark needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Man I dunno how bad it is, but you should go to see a doctor. SWIM has his own technique to snort it, and includes a water cleaning after every hit. Yes, It may sound strange but I had some septum problems once over a time. SWIM usually get for the crack right now, and also is mainlining speedballs. You should consider another route of administration or quit snorting it, because the septum is useful in humans!
Old 31-08-2010, 00:20
Silver Member

33 y/o Male from Bulgaria
z.i. is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1

SWIM has already fucked up his nose: neverending nose runnng, total loss of any kind of sense of smell and a pretty nasty hole betwen the nostrils, which never really hurt, but will also never really heal... Even is SWIM shakes off the habit one day those damages will stay to remind him... So be careful with the horn boys...
Old 31-08-2010, 00:33
Alfa Alfa is nu online
Productive insomniac
Administrator

98 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 82,425, Level: 41 Points: 82,425, Level: 41 Points: 82,425, Level: 41
Activity: 46.4% Activity: 46.4% Activity: 46.4%

Cocaine Related Nose Problems and Nose Care
Old 04-01-2012, 17:38
Silver Member

Male from United States
AddyCrazy is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2
Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5%

Since someone obviously has some addiction problems he might want to go get something to hold him over a while such maybe some opiate pills or something like that. Obviously the best scenario is quitting everything but those of SWIMs who know addiction know this is the most unlikely one. Maybe someone could pick up some amphetamines or methylphenidate although the use of speedy drugs might be avoided due to its constricting effects on veins and SWIY wants as much blood to the wound as possible as to heal it.

EDIT: Also folks while it might not feel the same sometimes mixing the cocaine in a water solution and snorting/spraying that does far less damage to the nose than the abrasive powders on a dry nose wall.

this is an old thread started by a member who no longer comes around, not really worth reviving. If he didn't see a doctor in the first month, this advice is hardly going to be of use
In addition to this thread being a year & a half old, to suggest to someone with addiction problems to cocaine that they try taking opiates instead is dangerous advice!
Old 04-01-2012, 19:15
Titanium Member

29 y/o Female from United Kingdom
misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,271, Level: 5 Points: 1,271, Level: 5 Points: 1,271, Level: 5
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Er.. has nobody mentioned danniella westbrook? You can totally lose your septum through coke addiction.. as in, one big nostril instead of two..

Share this on:

Tags
addiction, cocaine, cocaine abuse, cocaine addiction, cocaine health risks, cocaine nose problems, cocaine use, coke, drug, drug addiction, drugs, drugs-forum, ethylphenidate, methylphenidate, nasal cavity, opium, recovery, ritalin, snorting