Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Research Chemicals > Beta-Ketones
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Beta-Ketones Mephedrone, Methylone, Butylone, Methedrone, Ethcathinone, 3-fluoroMethCathinone (3FMC), Methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV)

Old 08-02-2010, 22:34
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
Calypso is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 109, Level: 1 Points: 109, Level: 1 Points: 109, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Mephedrone and acne

In SWIY's opinion, does mephedrone cause acne to worsen?

SWIM has suffered from acne for the past five years and has since thought his cannabis use was a big factor. He has not smoked in three weeks, has since started on Doxycycline two weeks ago, and uses vicodin (20-30mg daily) for back pain. SWIM's doc says that the Doxy will worsen the acne for the first couple weeks but is curious if other SWIMmers have had acne increase since starting mephedrone usage.

Would mephedrone be causing or perpetuating hormonal acne for SWIM?

On average, over the past couple weeks, SWIM has been insufflating around 250mg of MMCAT per day. Some days with none at all.

Old 08-02-2010, 22:41

38 y/o Male
magnetik needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Re: Mephedrone and acne

Can't comment on acne but SWIM found prolonged use made his skin very sensitive and easily irritated. The smallest scratches would turn into nasty welts that would take half an hour to disappear.

SWIM's skin became normal again after about four months of not touching the drug.
Old 08-02-2010, 22:49
Phenoxide Phenoxide is nu online
Research Chemicals Forum
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Phenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,862, Level: 20 Points: 19,862, Level: 20 Points: 19,862, Level: 20
Activity: 28.6% Activity: 28.6% Activity: 28.6%

I'd certainly think it could exacerbate the problem. Dehydration makes the skin more susceptible to irritation and microbial attack. The prefuse sweating the drug can trigger could also create an environment in which bacteria can thrive. That's on top of the fact that people on mephedrone binges don't tend to be particularly concerned with hygeine.

However I'd say the bigger concern would be the long-term effects of co-administering a tetracycline antibiotic with mephedrone. Tetracyclines are quite nasty chemicals in their own right, and in rare cases do some significant damage to the liver and kidneys. There is simply so little known about mephedrone that it's impossible to say whether this is a safe combination. I'd be a little worried about the potential impact on the kidneys of having to handle both the antibiotics and increased blood pressure from mephedrone stimulation.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Excellent advice a must know for all meph users
Old 08-02-2010, 23:03
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Goku4ever is a decent psychonaut.Goku4ever is a decent psychonaut.

In swims experience, if anything, their acne has gotten better. But this could be due to only using a low amount once a week, and since using it has massively cut back on their alcohol intake.
Old 08-02-2010, 23:27
Silver Member

SWIM will be sure to update in the coming weeks when the Doxycycline is suppose to be working and not making it worse. SWIM is hesitant to ask his Doc since he may retract the vicodin refill as promised if he finds out SWIM is a drug user.
Old 08-02-2010, 23:48

Male from United Kingdom
rl1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 65, Level: 1 Points: 65, Level: 1 Points: 65, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
SWIM will be sure to update in the coming weeks when the Doxycycline is suppose to be working and not making it worse. SWIM is hesitant to ask his Doc since he may retract the vicodin refill as promised if he finds out SWIM is a drug user.
No offense intended, but there is probably a mighty fine reason why SWIY's doc would take away the vicodin if he finds out SWIY takes drugs. At the end of the day vicodin can be both addictive and dangerous...Now i assume SWIY is aware of this and would never mix the two, but the doc cant cant chances.
Old 09-02-2010, 00:17
Silver Member

SWIM is well aware and doesn't even like the high from hydrocodone all that much. SWIM cannot understand why people would buy it off the 'street.'

However, he does mix the two, but mixing the two only means taking 10mg of hydrocodone and snorting a few lines, not getting strung out and then upping himself. No way.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:13
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United Kingdom
BoyInTheCountry is on the way upBoyInTheCountry is on the way upBoyInTheCountry is on the way up
Points: 68, Level: 1 Points: 68, Level: 1 Points: 68, Level: 1

When SWIM was using daily it never effected his skin. He still forced himself to eat healthly and drink lots of water though even if eh wasnt feeling hungry/thirsty. He also took vitamin pills in the morning. Any skin related problems from Mephedrone use will be related to bad eating/drinking and perhaps lack of sleep.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:38

22 y/o Male from Romania
vhvhvh. is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1

Swim find that mephedrone can affect you skin in a more indirect way because of sweating and some low higiene while binging. Though Swim never had acne and mostly no skin problem he thinks his skin starts to make him problems if binge long enough...but again after 2 3 days since the binge finished he will be back to normal.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:53
Silver Member

SWIM very much would agree with the lack of sleep problem. On average 4-5 hours a night at best
Old 09-02-2010, 13:18
Palladium Member

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Synchronium must live here.Synchronium must live here.Synchronium must live here.Synchronium must live here.Synchronium must live here.Synchronium must live here.Synchronium must live here.Synchronium must live here.
Points: 1,131, Level: 5 Points: 1,131, Level: 5 Points: 1,131, Level: 5

I wonder if this could be an issue with the immune system? Either a direct effect (like the speculated autoimmune vasculitis stuff) or indirect, like not sleeping or eating.
Old 09-02-2010, 18:15
Titanium Member

Male from Estonia
lineartransform really adds to the discussion.lineartransform really adds to the discussion.lineartransform really adds to the discussion.lineartransform really adds to the discussion.lineartransform really adds to the discussion.lineartransform really adds to the discussion.
Points: 726, Level: 4 Points: 726, Level: 4 Points: 726, Level: 4

This is likely nothing more than a reflection of poor health and hygiene practices due to your mephedrone usage. Staying up late, poor nutrition (stress triggers), not showering/washing as often, etc.

Make sure you have clean pillowcases and wash your face morning and night with a proper facewash. This will clear up 99% of acne cases.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:01
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

24 y/o Male from Ireland
readeadamie is a decent psychonaut.readeadamie is a decent psychonaut.

SWIM has a couple of spots on his upperlip that aren't clearing up very well. They are from using Charge+. It makes my nose runny and numb. Because I can't feel it, I sometimes don't realise my nose needs to be wiped clean and my snot starts to corrode my face off!
Old 10-02-2010, 03:06
Titanium Member

Male from Estonia
lineartransform really adds to the discussion.lineartransform really adds to the discussion.lineartransform really adds to the discussion.lineartransform really adds to the discussion.lineartransform really adds to the discussion.lineartransform really adds to the discussion.
Points: 726, Level: 4 Points: 726, Level: 4 Points: 726, Level: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by readeadamie View Post
SWIM has a couple of spots on his upperlip that aren't clearing up very well. They are from using Charge+. It makes my nose runny and numb. Because I can't feel it, I sometimes don't realise my nose needs to be wiped clean and my snot starts to corrode my face off!
Perhaps it's time to consider a break, at least until that clears up?
Old 10-02-2010, 03:23
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

24 y/o Male from Ireland
readeadamie is a decent psychonaut.readeadamie is a decent psychonaut.

Way ahead of SWIyou. Haven't had any in a week and a half. It's not very noticeable anyway though because SWIM's got a mustache and beard at the moment. SWIM's gonna have some orally on Saturday because it's his 20th birthday, but after that he plans a complete break for at least a month. SWIM also has some cuts on his forearms and knees that aren't healing well since he began using Mephedrone about 4 months ago. They've scabbed up and get very itchy and feel good to scratch when high/coming down off Mephedrone. If SWIM scratches them though they become bad sores. This effect reminds me of some of the stuff in Anti-Meth propaganda pics, and is the main reason SWIM wants to quit Mephedrone. That and a mushroom trip where my (Mephedrone induced) racing/palpatating heart was knock-knock-knocking on heaven's door along to Dylan and the Dead. SWIM realised the possibility of sudden death (especially since he has a family history of heart conditions) and came to his senses. 'Twas a great trip and the last of 09's liberty caps.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:31
Titanium Member

28 y/o Male from Australia
r2kam is a decent psychonaut.r2kam is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 243, Level: 2 Points: 243, Level: 2 Points: 243, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

SWIM has noticed skin condition degradation (particularly on their face) a few weeks after starting to take mephedrone regularly. From the odd spot - to quite a LOT of spots. Beginning (1-2 months on) to improve, but SWIM recommends washing regularly (2-3 times a day for face, not overdoing the soap), and moisturising.

Share this on:

Tags
4mmc, acne, antibiotics, breakouts, doxycycline, drug, drugs-forum, ephedrone, mdpv, mephedrone, mephedrone and antibiotics, methadrone, mmcat, snorting drugs

» New Threads
Lucky Australia, we still have the...
Last post by Cwb20022
6 Replies, 92 Views
Speed or ice?
Last post by secretsmoker92
0 Replies, 1 Views
Cocaine and benzodiazepines /...
Last post by Opiateboi
136 Replies, 129,869 Views
Kratom and skin pigmentation.
Last post by Dankfish