Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Downers and sleeping pills Anxiety Meds, Sleeping Pills and Skeletal Muscle Relaxants

Old 30-01-2007, 12:03
Platinum Member

Male from Netherlands
Psych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline Medline
Points: 2,986, Level: 8 Points: 2,986, Level: 8 Points: 2,986, Level: 8
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: reccomended first time ambien recreational dose

SWIM recommends to take 10mg sublingually first and then take another 10mg 15-20 minutes later and titrate his dose up.
SWIM also recommends not to grind the pills up, but instead put the whole pill under his tongue and let it slowly melt away.
Keeping a mouthfull of saliva and zolpidem powder is very nasty and it doesn't work as effective as letting the pill melt under SWIY's tongue.
Old 31-01-2007, 09:04
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.DrMuffy really adds to the discussion.
Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4
Re: reccomended first time ambien recreational dose

Yes, many people react differently with zopidem (Ambien). If SWIY is looking to trip and have more of a delieriant trip (which he probably wont really even remember), then 20+mg should work. But if SWIY wants to relax and have mild effects, 10mg on an empty stomach should do the trick. Zopidem also has some muscle relaxant properties, and tends to cause amnesia in higher doses.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:19
Silver Member

Male
yamman13 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1
zolpidem (ambien)

So, swim has head that this has pyschoactive properties, beyond just being a sleeping pill. the problem is, on the two ocasions hes tried it, he didnt fall alseep instantly, didnt get any interesting affects, and just slept for days afterwards. any advice on how to make the dam pills work properly?

edit: Swim weights roughly 80 kilos.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:46
Gold Member

32 y/o Male from Spain
Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,430, Level: 5 Points: 1,430, Level: 5 Points: 1,430, Level: 5
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Re: zolpidem (ambien)

Those effects swiy is looking for are rare and only happen to a number of individuals and it's not dose dependant. People who get trippy effects get them at the normal recomended dose, increasing the dose to get those effects is a dangerous game.

Sleeping for days afterwards is also rare. How much did swiy took?

My baboon only gets (sometimes) some mild visual distorsions and a relaxed state of mind.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:03

32 y/o Male
sambo82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1

hi

swim was prescribed zolpidem for over two years and would on occasion abuse them, swim would find that if he took 3-4 10mg tabs then he would get all the trippy symptoms you talk about.

but if swim took more than 4 10mg tabs he would be violenty sick.

Zolpidem is a fucked up sleeping pill do some research bout it, zolpidem has even been used in medical trial to WAKE people from comas????? I could never really understand that a sleeping pill waking people up.

Neway swim would like to add that swim was addicted to benzo's for a long time and has a very high tolerance so would not recommend using the doses i hae said as every1's tolerance is different.
Old 05-11-2007, 22:28

Male
hoodabudda is a decent psychonaut.hoodabudda is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 307, Level: 2 Points: 307, Level: 2 Points: 307, Level: 2

swims advice is dont pop it for recreational use....its just not fun like that. snorting is the best way to get the trippy effects but snorting pills probaby isnt good for ur nose and it burns!! so swim just sucks off the coating and lets it dissolve under his tounge, and its almost as good.. use half your oral dose for this...it really gets up in ur head lol. swim also finds it to be very stimulating when snorted/UT almost like alcohol but way trippier.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:41
Silver Member

30 y/o Male from United States
penta is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Ambien (Zolpidem) Recreational Dosage?

When swim first tried ambien, 10mg gave swim stronger double vision than he had ever had before. Swim also had a hard time walking for a while. Even though the 10mg of ambien was very powerful, it only seemed to last 1.5 hours, and whenever swim tried ambien again (even up to 30mg), swim could never get the same effects that he had got the first time. Maybe ambien is a one-time only drug, but swim has heard of people doing it many times and enjoying it a lot.
Old 07-12-2007, 23:52
Gold Member

Male from United States
staples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medline
Points: 2,980, Level: 8 Points: 2,980, Level: 8 Points: 2,980, Level: 8
Activity: 7.9% Activity: 7.9% Activity: 7.9%

Okay, I've been prescribed to ambien for... 2 years minus a week or so. I remember starting it in December because finals were coming up and the last few weeks before I finally saw a doctor I had been up 3-5 days a time and was having extreme difficulty concentrating on such awful sleeping patterns. Up until then I had been using OTC medications to sleep (as I've always had trouble) and they left me really dehydrated. No I wasn't being kept awake by stimulants.

I also have several friends who have been or still are prescribed to ambien.

I do not abuse it, but after taking them for so long, it takes a bit longer for it to kick in (up to an hour as opposed to 15-20 minutes). I've noticed that it's extremely dependent on how much I've eaten, and even it seems to matter how well-hydrated I am (the more water I drink, the faster it seems to work).

Because it takes longer to kick in, my doctor said it was okay to do something light such as reading or talking online between taking ambien and falling asleep. Even after 2 years, if I take the prescribed dosage and mange to engage myself in some activity that keeps me up while it kicks in (such as a conversation online), I will start to experience hallucinations (icons and text will float clear across the screen, the couch will start to breathe) and even amnesia (for this, I've turned on logging of conversations ). I recently switched from 10mg normal ambien to the 12.5 mg Ambien CR, though.

Indeed, I have met people that find ambien only makes them drowsy and want nothing but sleep. I have also met people that don't notice any effect at all.

On the opposite extreme, I've met people that absolutely love ambien for both sleep and recreation.

Interestingly, I also know a kid who has TRIED to use ambien to sleep, but ends up getting up and doing strange things as soon as amnesia sets in--he doesn't fall asleep for hours at least. This kid, in particular, seems to get amazing recreational effect from 5-10mg (5 if he's also drinking, usually). He will pick fights with chairs and pillows, he will talk to trees and bushes, and he'll make out with posters on the wall. The night he tried to actually sleep, however, he woke up on his couch with a beer bottle in his hand, and another beer bottle under his floor lamp, which was broken in three places. If it weren't for these things, he would've sworn he only slept.

The most dangerous thing it seems is that ambien is a bit inconsistent (at least for me) -- one night it will work great, and the next it won't work at all. The thing is, it IS working, as many people reason that they should take a second one. I've done this too; rational thought just isn't there when ambien doesn't seem to be working. However, while sober I cannot say that I should ever take more than one at a time. I've found that placing my prescription bottle in a locking brief-case after I've taken an ambien, and removing the bottle in the morning is a good way to avoid this, if anyone else has experienced this.

I don't know how to explain this besides that there's a specific feeling plus some drowsiness that i associate with ambien working. However, even when I don't get these signs, I can still seem to fall asleep if I try to, but have no problem staying up if I don't -- it's just that when I don't get these signs, it's easy for me to think that I won't be able to sleep.

I've never met someone personally that gets a hangover from ambien, though it seems common from what I've read. The kid I talked about above, in particular, likes to combine ambien witih alcohol because it PREVENTS a hangover from either drug for him.

So how much should SWIY take to have fun? it's impossible for any of us to say. SWIY have to see how it affects SWIY at (half) a normal dose first. Remember though that it may be inconsistent, and it may take a little while longer some nights, so be careful when deciding that SWIY "needs" another.

Hope that helps.

Post Quality Evaluations:
0 points, because tnx for your report but you forgot to swim.
good post
Old 08-12-2007, 00:36

47 y/o Female
watzea is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

Ambien is effective, but I do find the amnesia from it scary. SWIM felt really really depressed the next morning too. Cant imagine taking it recreationally, SWIM is afraid she would wake up naked and mowing the lawn or somethng.
YIKES!
Old 08-12-2007, 01:45
Silver Member

Female
jacob x ross is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1

Ten mg had me thinking my bed was a boat in the pacific ocean in the 15th century.
Forty had me thinking I was the Keeble Elf.
Old 01-02-2008, 15:09

Female
Monoxide99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1

swim used to enjoy ambien recreationally until she took 50mg+ and wound up on a staircase not being able to step off because the floor had divided into a gaping hole. swim would recomend taking around 20mg as it gave her pleasant drunk feeling.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:37

26 y/o Male
h3li0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Rhovane (Zopiclone) Dose for recreational effects?

Swim recently got prescription sleeping pills and it consists of 7.5 mg of Rhovane and 7.5mg of Zopiclone together in each pill. Swim is curious to as how much is recommended to take before experiencing the euphoric feeling tied with these pills?
Old 12-02-2008, 06:58
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%
Re: Rhovane and Zopiclone pills (dose?)

Just to clarify: Rhovane IS Zopiclone. Each Rhovane pill contains 7.5mg Zopiclone. It is NOT Zopiclone plus something else
Old 20-09-2008, 07:43

Male
Rodermus is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

I was fairly young when i was prescribed ambien for insomnia and i've no clue the mg. but, it was taking over a half hour to work so decided to go downstaris to waatch a little teevision. once i got downstairs i started dreaming while i was awake, hallucinating in other words, but they were dream like. my brother was down stairs at the time and saw how i was tripping and helped me lie down on the couch.
so thenext night i took another one and stayed in my room. as soon as the effects started i began twirling in my chair until i fell off. lying on the ground after that was fucking amazing: euphoria and dazzling colors.
i should have a new prescription for it soon and i can't wait.

Post Quality Evaluations:
This wasn't you, it was a friend of a friend (AFOAF), or someone who isn't you (SWIM). Don't self-incriminate!
Old 20-10-2008, 07:44
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
kemikal_nation is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

SWIM refers to himself as a responsible druggie. Dont blow all your money on them, plan ahead when you do them, and pace yourself with the amount you take. Dont be (no offense above) an idiot and chug a buttload of zolpidem, or any rx'er. Start small, risk small.

Zolpidem is no different. I am rx'd 10mg generics (easy to peel, crush and blow). Ingesting them is a waste for anything but using them to go to sleep. Heres my preferred method and experiences on it.

Peel the coating off of 1/2 a pill. Crush and make 4 average sized lines. There should be enough for 4 small lines which should be done after roughly 30 mins of blowing the first 4. This method not only keeps SWIY in control of the effects but also helps to extend the period of the high. If after the 4 small lines one still feels comfortable with the effects, do the same with the other half of the pill roughly 30min later.

For those who've done/do mary jane, magic mushrooms, DXM, I would say the effects are a combination of all 3, with the addition of antero-grad amnesia(you probably wont remember much of what happened during your trip). Peripheral and ghost-image hallucinations should be expected. Balance will be off as well. Like MJ, one gets completely absorbed into whatever they choose to do and will probably be giddy and talkative. Like DXM, disassociation with the surroundings and ones own body occurs.

All in all, SWIM says the recreational value is quite...high. I've done zolpiclone and eszolpiclone and neither really get you nice and junked like zolpidem does. Again, crush and blow is the method thats worked best for SWIM and its highly controllable since one can pace the intake of the drug and the effects are even more rapid than empty-stomach ingestion. Rock on.
Old 05-01-2009, 00:29

Male
mykeamine is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1

swim is darn scared to try this recreationally! would the swiy's who've tried it and experienced amnesia say that it was there unconscious yet same as conscious personalities taking hold? or was the amnesia'd swiy someone completely different than the real self?
Old 05-01-2009, 17:46
Mercury Member

Male from Denmark
Rottenfruit needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

A complete diffrent character, you are so wreckless that you would not mind taking a nap on a highway waiting for a car to hit you.

You will hallucinate and babble nonsense about them and look like a total maniac.
Old 13-01-2009, 13:33

31 y/o Male
The Laughing Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

SWIM wouldn't define Ambien as 'recreational', but certainly 'potentially interesting'.

After being prescribed 1-2 10mg tabs per night for the better part of a year SWIM grew increasingly tolerant, to the point where SWIM was guaranteed to not sleep if SWIM did not take Ambien.

Up to 2mg of Klonopin per day, 15-30mg of Temazepam every evening, and 15mg(split) Lexapro just to abide my doctor's instructions.

tl;dr - I went to the doctor because I've had insomnia for years and my headaches have been getting steadily worse, to the point where I miss work. Any suggestions, things that have worked for other people? Also, don't ever trust a Neurologist's first guess unless they've actually run appropriate tests first.

The Laughing Man added 7 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

An additional note about Ambien/Zolpidem as it relates to amnesia - this is accurate. When SWIM first started on 10mg the amnesia was an every night occurance for perhaps the last half hour that SWIM was awake - so unless you're really trying to stay awake on Ambien for whatever reason.

Please please please be careful not to develop a habit in which you allow yourself to take more than ~30mg of Ambien per week - even if you doctor suggests more, I'd double check it. I'm not a doctor, but I know how miserable I was trying to come off of Ambien and avoid getting fired.

tl;dr: great in small amounts, very bad if you use it all the time.

Last edited by The Laughing Man; 13-01-2009 at 13:33. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 18-01-2009, 10:23

26 y/o Male
C Geezy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1

Do em until you feel like you're want to go to sleep. Then just fight the sleep for a minute or so and you're high. It's weird though.

Like dreamy and shit. SWIM has done some weird things and woke up telling his girlfriend about his "dream", only to find out it was real... like when he found a pack of cigarettes in his pocket that he stole out of a car in his dream lol

C Geezy added 4 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykeamine View Post
swim is darn scared to try this recreationally! would the swiy's who've tried it and experienced amnesia say that it was there unconscious yet same as conscious personalities taking hold? or was the amnesia'd swiy someone completely different than the real self?
No it's not like you lose control if that's what you're scared of. Basically it's like when it's happening, it's kinda sluggish and maybe it seems a lil slowed down or like you're zoned out. Like if you do something without focusing. But when you wake up the next morning you'll swear it never happened or it will be a vague dream.

But you don't lose control of yourself while you're high, you just have trouble remembering it. At least it's like that SWIM, and he used to be heavy into Ambien and other sleeping pills.

Last edited by C Geezy; 18-01-2009 at 10:23. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 22-01-2009, 04:50

32 y/o Male from United States
Abakua81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

I take my 10mg before bed and get a nice little psychedelic experience. I just was prescribed them last month. I trip a lot and had never heard that ambien would give me anything like i did. Imagine my shock that first night when iI felt slightly illuminated. Let me know how your recreational dose goes. Ill stick with the Doc now since that payoff seems prett good.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:29

25 y/o Male from United States
truten is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmapsyche View Post
I have no idea where all of you who are saying that Ambien, also known as Zolpidem tartrate has no recreational value are gettin your information, because it defiantly does. Ambien is actually very abuseable, taking just one of the 10mg pills on a very empty stomach will send you to "la-la land". Taking even a higer doseage, such as 40 to 50 mg's will sending you flying to a new world. The strange thing about Ambien is that while your on it, you think you are fine and acting normal but the next day you will rembember only bits and pieces of what happened while you were under the infulence of Ambien. It's a very unique and strange drug. SWIM truely believes that sooner or later Ambien will be takin off the market or atleast not prescribed as often as it is now, because of the high abuse potential is contains. But, we'll see what happens!
By the way, I sure hope you enjoy those Zolpidem Tartrate!
Swim agrees totally. Swim has done about to 60 mg's of it and has tripped pretty hard. Its a great body high the whole time, and the best night sleep of swiy's life. the visuals usualy are mostly like shapeshifting. lines will begin going sideways and bending and such. usually swim does not remember to much, just bits and pieces. swim only remembers smoking one square and about ten were gone that swim had no recolition of smoking. swim never vomitted nor felt like he had to even though alot of swiu say vomiting is common. swim says do it, pop 30 mgs and enjoy. try to stay awake and moving other wise swiu will just pass out so move baby have fun

truten added 1 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

and swim has done multiple times at different dosages so coming from experience

Last edited by truten; 06-04-2009 at 03:29. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 18-06-2009, 08:22
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from USA - Virginia
Pumpkin is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1

ok so SWIMs gota script for generic ambiens and tonite has went as follows...
Around 10:00 PM took one 10 mg and split in half. He ate one half, snorted the other...

...SWIM waited around til about 2:00 AM(SWIM was feeling buzzed just not sleepy). Then decided to take another ambien 10. The whole one was snorted this time...

...By 2:20 SWIM had eaten another 10 mg pill bringing his dosage up to 15mg oral and 15mg intranasal throughout the night. I still feel very much in control of myself as of now... The New Deal gets it pumpin! Elbows up dancin at 2:40 AM...

...It is now 3:00 AM and my friend is very disappointed with this substance. Also He took 500mg acetaminophen and 20mg diphenhydramine early on with the first pill. And somewhere between then and the second pill he took 10mg Dextromethorphan, 100mg guaifenesin, and 5mg phenylephrine in a dose of cold and cough syrup. I kno some of them are prone to potentiate other substances so thought i mite add it...
...Dam this turned into a trip report...oops o wel. Finally, a recreational dose for my friend (if he does it again) would be i guess >30mg. But SWIM ultimately thinks 40-50 would be needed for an actual trip. This is the first nite my friend took these and he didnt really feel much at all but a little lethargy, not sleepy, just physically tired...no good...please dont do what my friend did rite off the bat. He worked his way up, giving himself plenty of time for it to kick in before deciding it wasnt enough... SWIM gonna try to sleep now. peace folks...

Pumpkin added 9 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

^*^typo in third paragraph. I meant i felt in control of myself watching my friend. he was dancin his ass off. know how yall are about SWIMMING so added this because after reading the above i felt it came out the wrong way. just in case. sry guys. peace

Last edited by Pumpkin; 18-06-2009 at 08:22. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-08-2009, 11:31

Male from United States
poptart should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHrtHalucingens View Post
I recently heard a bunch of callers on a local radio show calling in and telling stories of sleep walking while on ambien and ending up eating tons of food and waking up with crumbs all over them and food stuck to themselves, without remembering it. Many said they would wake up sitting in front of the refrigerator with the door propped open by their bodies and all kinds of food sitting out. This sounds hilarious to me.
'
has anyone here experienced this? Supposedly its a very common thing but people lie all the time just to get on the radio, i trust people here more.
Swim says smash 3 10's at about a minute or more a piece. Just don't try to stay up to long.

EDIT:
Someone whom has access to my thread has removed what I wrote ( which I cant remember) and replaced it with something about DMT. Why???? Sounds like abuse of powers.

Last edited by poptart; 23-07-2010 at 10:38. Reason: Someone deleted part of thread and replaced it with something about DMT????
Old 09-01-2010, 02:07
Silver Member

Male from Colombia
car-ramrod is learning how to become a psychonaut.

Swim doesnt have much useful info as all but once using ambien was a blackout albeit he finds it much more fun than benzos. Dont take more than 30mg as youll wake around 16 hours later in some potentially deep sh!t that is all a big blackout. Very euphoric if done right.
Old 20-02-2010, 09:35
Banned

49 y/o Female
RetroHousewife is a decent psychonaut.RetroHousewife is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 513, Level: 3 Points: 513, Level: 3 Points: 513, Level: 3

SWIM will take about 30mg for recreational use, but doesn't reccommend that to others. SWIY have to start small and judge it for SWIYself.

However, Ambien can cause SWIY to lose all common sense whatsoever, as I posted on the Ambien bad trip thread. Something else that is important to remember is do not mix it with a bunch of booze or other drugs. SWIM woke up tied to a bed in the ICU after drinking a lot of vodka, about a pint and a half, and then taking a shitload of ambien and xanax (alprazolam). She sorta wanted to kill herself but didn't. It's totally impossible to explain this because it was really drunk thinking. Basically, she wanted to have the experience of trying to kill herself without any actual repercussions or consequences and we all know that ain't gonna happen.

She took them and then immediately got scared, so rather than doing the sensible thing and running to the toilet and sticking her finger down her throat, she walked acorss the four lane highway to her mothers place, in the middle of the night, in February, barefooted, in her nightgown. Luckily she told someone at the house with her who called her Mom and warned her. Her mom called 911 and about the time they got there, SWIM is told (she doesn't remember anything from this after walking out her front door) she just passed right out and hit the concrete on her face.

Yeah. It hurt. Luckily she has no scars, but still. It's a warning to anyone as stupid as SWIM was that night. Don't mix it, don't mix it, don't mix it.

Share this on:

Tags
ambien, recreational use of zolpidem, zolpidem, zopiclone