Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Deliriant antihistamines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Deliriant antihistamines Diphenhydramine, cyclizine and other antihistamines.

Old 06-06-2008, 03:28
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

25 y/o Male
Swift Serenity needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 209, Level: 2 Points: 209, Level: 2 Points: 209, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Truly HIGH Doses of Diphenhydramine.

whatever swiy wants to do, he should wait atleast a week b4 taking the 700mg.. allow his body to rest. SWIM once took 700mg, then 2 days late 800mg. bad choice. he ended up in the hospital. swiy should really wait though
Old 09-06-2008, 22:15
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.
Points: 2,107, Level: 6 Points: 2,107, Level: 6 Points: 2,107, Level: 6
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%

diph seems like one of the most unpredictable drug swim's ever encounterd, and blows drugs like lsd right out of the water. it's weird how swim has injested 250mg's, and only felt seperated from the world, while other people trip face off 300mg. the only bad thing that happend to swim was he thought bugs were constantly crawling on him, but this is probably because swim was in the woods that is notorious for ticks and mosquitoes. swim will try agin this weekend maby (last weekend was swim's 1st experience) but take around 300mg, maby add 50mg if swim can handle it. but swim will be sure to report back
Old 10-06-2008, 04:52

25 y/o Male
Swift Serenity needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 209, Level: 2 Points: 209, Level: 2 Points: 209, Level: 2

lol swiy should be careful taking it in the woods.. swim usually takes it at his house
Old 10-06-2008, 21:15
Silver Member

cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.

yea, very uncomfortable. swim would rather be inside for safety and to get rid of those damn bugs, but swim figgured what the hell as long as he's around people
Old 13-06-2008, 22:41
Silver Member

Male from Isle of Man
poorleno is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchid_Suspiria View Post
Diphenhydramine has a very strange euphoria that could be called as positive,however to balance this positive there is something sublimely ugly and horrific about the diphenhydramine experience that swim has never seen in any other drug.It is like the world around you is spinning out of control,like unseen horrors and everything negative you fear is creeping up on you.Yet sometimes reallity is so ugly one will even go for this escape if it is all that remains available.
I think this succintly sums it up; my friend had a real semi-permanent low-dose thing going on for a number of years (200mg/day) but found 'proper' antidepressants instead on medical advice. It is a drug that can deaden the senses to such a degree while allowing some sort of functionality that it helps coping with stress like euthanasia, arguments, bad work situations and so on. This friend also hit several big doses of 600/700, often at the end of five day weeks of 200/day but seem to have suffered few if any long-term effects. I do however wonder what happens and what the prognosis is for slow-burn disorders like Parkinsonism or Alzheimer's and whether we'll all be posting here in 2030 to find out! The bad trips were however quite unlike anything experienced in a long and shabby career in pharmaneering...so therefore it was a good point by ECL about why negative impressions are formed- quite a lot to think about in this thread , especially SuprSonik's courage, an amazing story and I hope they're feeling great now. I expect the acetaminophen in that case was some sort of anti-pyretic but I am surprised at seeing it given during an OD situation but then having heard of medical experts tell my friend that an addiction to DPH was impossible, I guess I shouldn't be. The point someone else here made was that these things are deleriants and delerium isn't good, please try and be safe you crazy nutcases! Love, peace and empathy! Leno

Post Quality Evaluations:
:)
Old 17-08-2008, 08:45
Titanium Member

Male from United States
PandorymDMT probably knows what they are talking about.PandorymDMT probably knows what they are talking about.PandorymDMT probably knows what they are talking about.PandorymDMT probably knows what they are talking about.PandorymDMT probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 826, Level: 4 Points: 826, Level: 4 Points: 826, Level: 4

******WARNING! COMPARABLE DOSES OF DIPHENHYDRAMINE COULD EASILY CAUSE CARDIAC ARREST, LIVER FAILURE, OR DEATH!********

SWIM was looking through this thread and was pretty shocked at the dosages being used for "sucessful" effects. SWIM had a strong interest in Diphenhydramine a few months back and after looking up information on Erowid (Before SWIM knew about this place) had come to the conclusion that he would really like to try this substance and would rather have a full-blown "trip" then only get a baseline effect.

Dosage: 1050mg Diphenhydramine (which if SWIM surmises correctly is the same dosage as 2100mg of Dimenhydrinate)

Setting: SWIM's Bedroom at around 7:00pm, With SWIM's mother downstairs for at least the first two or three hours of the trip, and SWIM's dad-ish upstairs the entire time (presumably)

Time + 0:00 - SWIM ingests 21 Diphenhydramine pills (625mg)

Time + 0:01 - SWIM really wants to see hallucinations (for some reason he was obsessed with that goal) and begins to vigorously scan the room for about ten minutes and then gets a little bit tired and decides to just lean over his bed and watch the ledge below him for any movement of insects (which SWIM has read is a common thing to see) and only occasionally scans the room for anything out of the ordinary.

Time + 0:20 - SWIM begins to feel things (like spiders) crawl on his legs but doesn't worry because he has read that this was a common phenomenon for this substance.

Time + 0:35 - SWIM begins to notice that the tiny dirt specks on the ledge near his bed are beginning to look suspiciously like ants that were crawling. (as in the dirt specks *grew* three legs on each sides of their *body* and began to crawl)

Time + 0:50 - SWIM finally loses his reserve and decides that those ants are actually walking in place and sets out to prove this. Swim put a static object near one of the *ants* and watched to see if it moved any from the orginal place it was at. It Didn't.

Time + 1:10 - Swim notices that all of the walls in his room (walls only) have a sort of *slime* covering them, so it looks like his walls have like a organic gooey safety glass infront of them.

Time + 1:15 - Swim sees his first *real* hallucination, A spider suddenly darts across his bed and crawl downwards out of sight. This happens a few more times from spiders starting at different locations and ending at different locations. Eventually SWIM tries to catch one of the spiders, while thinking that possibly they are real (because they look, crawl, move, and sound identical to real spiders) eventually a slow moving spider trys to dart across the bed and SWIM catches it in his hands shaped like a cup. When he moves his hands up to see if the spider is still there, nothing is there.

Time + 1:20 - Swim begins to get bored and turns on his PSP and begins to read a couple Erowid trip reports.

Time + 1:25 - Swim notices that when he looks at his legs when he feels something crawling on them (Which the crawling feeling has been happening off and on the entire trip) there are clear transparent spiders (I guess I know where ghosts come from now) crawling where I feel the crawling.

Time + 1:30 - Swim notices that when he shines the light of his psp on a *spider* or tries to touch one of the *spiders* it vanishes.

Time + 1:35 - Swim sees a particularly menicing spider crawl up onto his bed and head straight for him. Swim is a little freaked out / amused and tries to back away from the spider and the spider crawls closer to him. After a few second Swim realizes how stupid that was and just lays back down on his bed reading more Trip reports.

Time + 1:40 - Another spiders crawls up the bed and Swim thinks that he can just touch it to make it go away. Wrong. As soon as Swim's hand gets near the spider (btw these spiders I have been describing as crawling onto the bed and darting are brown spiders, unlike the spiders crawling on my legs which are transparent) the spider transforms into Swim's worst bug, A transparent (like the leg spiders) Millipede which crawls up to Swim's pillow and swiftly vanishes when he shines PSP light on it.

Time + 1:41 - At this point SWIM is rather freaked out so he decides that he should just put the blanket over his head so he cannot see anymore things. Swim does this until...

Time + 3:00 - Swim has not heard or seen anything at this point (Swim hasn't heard any audio hallucinations upto this point from anything other than crawling bugs) and feels like an idiot for hiding under the blankets and thinks that he had pussied out of the trip and that the Diphen. had ended. So Swim brilliantly decided to take another dose equal to the first one to get things going again.

Time + 3:02 - Swim ingests 21 more Diphenhydramine pills (625mg) which brings the total amonut of Diphen. consumed upto 1050mg over the course of three hours.

From this point on time and reality in general gets a little bit hazy and distorted. I will try to remember what I can and when in general it happened, but I might explain things out of order.

Time + 3:30? - Swim looks at himself in the mirror in his room and beings to hear voices of other people talking to him in his head. Swim is like having a conversation with somebody in real-life with the persons real voice mimicing whatever SWIM thinks, and SWIM simoltaneously answers back in his own real voice in his mind. Its rather hard to explain.

Time 4:00? - Swim passes out

Time 4:30?? - Swim comes to and hallucinates his mother opening the door (with realistic sounds) and walking in (looking and sounding realistically like herself) and Swim begins to have a realistic conversation with her either talking to her using his real voice (meaning that other REAL people could of heard him talking to his REAL mother) or telepathically. (like described in Time + 3:30?)

Time 4:35?, 4:40?, 4:45?, 4:50? - Swim has the same thing as 4:30?? happen to him but with different conversations with his mother each time.

Time ?:?? - Swim finally falls asleep and stops coming to in the middle of conversations.

After-notes: Swim forgot to mention that he had horrendous dry-mouth the entire night and felt like he was 50 pounds heavier in each leg, whenever he got up to go to the bathroom (which nothing interested happened despite the fact that most of his bathroom had mirrors in it).

Anyway Swim was extraordinary lucky during this trip that no one caught on to him tripping and thus no hospitalization or drug drama had taken place.

Swim stopped taking Diphen. after this night and still has a half empty bottle of it stored somewhere in his room to this day.

EDIT: Please take heed before taking a substance such as this in recreational doses. I've loss so many things due to my reckless abuse of this drug. My ability to feel has been lost throughout most of my body and my mind has begun to slip away, transforming into full blown psychosis and schitzophrenia. I'd give anything to go back and change my decision about using this substance to get away from my pain. But I go on, forever haunted by my choices. Do not make my mistake. Live your life without fear for anyone else for you have nothing and no one else to fear but yourself and your own mispercieved inadequacies. Live your Life.

Fine report.
Great report
awsome report, lovin all the specifics

Last edited by PandorymDMT; 05-04-2010 at 06:20.
Old 23-08-2008, 05:07

26 y/o Male from USA - North Carolina
KingNikolai is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1

SWIM found himself speaking to famous musicians and the like and talking about god knows what on a dose of 1000 MG.
Old 27-08-2008, 04:52
Silver Member

swim has some more experience, and found no need to go past 500mg. But swim would just lay in his bed, and just, experience... If you want to call it that. But swim would end up in real places, real people, real conversations, and then once swim notices that it's not normal to be talking to his grandmother, in a mcdonalds, swim'll open his eyes and realize, shit, i'm still in my bed! But the drug does seem to work when you're just chillin by yourself, with nothing to really distract you.
Old 14-02-2009, 04:09
Silver Member

34 y/o Male
koqlb is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1

SWIM has had similar experiences with less "lethal" doses than reported on this. Though SWIM has an extremely high tolerance to the drug, he told me that earlier this week, he took a dose of 450mg, as reported to cause "serious trips" but not be harmful... It was not harmful in all actuality, but he did fade in and out of consciousness and actually started having severe hallucinations, as well as had problems with motor functions.

He actually told me that he's done numerous things just to see what happened with things such as Keppra (an antiseizure drug, in which when he took two of them acted as though he took a high dose of oxycodone and had trouble balancing), as well as even drinking a small bottle of robitussin DM without actually vomiting (something that is reported that a LOT of people do when they do what they call "robotrip"). However, due to the extreme dry mouth the diphenhydramine gave him, he told me that after about an hour of "squeezing" and forcing himself to swallow... (in which he was actually swallowing mostly air), he felt nausea kick in. He went into the bathroom, and stared at the toilet bowl for at least 15 minutes to fight back actually needing to vomit. However, despite the fact that he drank about 4 liters of water in the 4 hours he was in this state, all he did was dry heave for a moment. Didn't even cough up any water, or any particles of the medication that was in his stomach.

SWIM later told me that not long after "dry heaving", he was actually a lot more somber, and more relaxed. Still under the influence, but at the same time a LOT more able to truly rest.
Old 20-03-2009, 09:13

34 y/o Male
Grabnar should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

Swim took 1200mg diph w/ 10mg adderall , swim had tolerance to both of these, not reccomended for the feint of heart.
Old 21-03-2009, 23:05

39 y/o Male from United States
El Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,468, Level: 7 Points: 2,468, Level: 7 Points: 2,468, Level: 7

Or those with heart conditions.

ECL
Old 30-03-2009, 05:44

Male
Dragonus18 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1

y'all take some pussy doses

SWIM always loved to screw himself up on benadryl, usually 450-900mg of the stuff at a time, hearing voices, but not knowing what they are saying, hearing beautifully generic odd mechanical noises, and experiencing daily uncomfortabilities falsely, and the significance of music onto your subconcious, it left him beautifully shaped for some fucked up weed experimentations.
Old 30-03-2009, 06:45
Gold Member

Male from USA - New York
RaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline Medline
Points: 3,053, Level: 8 Points: 3,053, Level: 8 Points: 3,053, Level: 8
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

has SWIY researched the damage a chemical such as diphenhydramine could wreak on one"s body if consumed at recreational dosages daily?

or am I just reading that sentence wrong where "daily uncomfortabilties" just meant normal instead of consumption of diphenhydramine daily.
Old 30-03-2009, 07:16

34 y/o Male

swim doesn't feel at all bad about 450-900, once in a while. doses like that on a daily basis aren't even conceivable. swiy;ll be completely deluded by the 2nd day. its not the body that swim worries about, dosing 450-900 daily swiy won't be able to post anymore because swiys reality will be broken
Old 31-03-2009, 01:58

Male
Dragonus18 should review received reputation comments.

SWIM did that maybe once every couple of weeks, and could never even imagine taking it like that daily, unless he wanted to be locked up in a mental hospital.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:43

Male
Azp30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

SWIM has not had much luck with Diphenhydramine... He experimented with it cautiously, starting with low doses (150-250mg) and, getting frustrated with the lack of effects, slowly built until he did 500mg, 650mg, and finally 800mg.
Not once did SWIM hallucinate anything more than the floor 'boiling' slightly. He had one brief phantom conversation at the end of the 800mg attempt... Otherwise, it just made him drink loads of water and pee it all out just as quickly. The 800mg dose also made SWIM feel like shit and effected his mood negatively the next day.
SWIM is not comfortable taking more. However, he wondered if other people had similar experiences (and if they found a way to make it work), and if they knew why even such a ridiculous dose as 800mg had little effect on him.
Old 02-04-2009, 18:25

34 y/o Male

single dosing is more effective than repeat doses,swim would say if your looking for effects this is not the drug for you, body high is ok swim says with cannabis at lower levels, toxicity increases far faster than effects (which are due to your overdosing) high doses are very bad for swiy liver/kidneys the effects are not worth the damage you will cause unless of course swiy knows what swiy is looking for
Old 01-05-2009, 05:18

Male
Porterhouse should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
850MG + of DPH.

I found the follwing on an ancient piece of parchment in the attic:

"I've noticed on quite a few threads that anything around or over 600MG is considered an "overdose."

From my personal experiences, this is the absolute minimal dose for the "full experience", for someone who weighs 135 lbs. (Myself.)

My first time with DPH (Benadryl Allergy, the ONLY active ingredient being Diphenhydramine HC.) was a does of 600. After about an hour it kicked in, and I had the same symptoms discussed on several topics, (i.e. feeling extermely heavy, extreme fatigue, impending doom, shaking, etc.) Then the hallucinations started, as well as the constant slipping into lucid dreams. After an hour and a half, it was very difficult to tell what was real. People I hadn't seen in a long time would be walking from my bathroom into the hallway, or cats would be creeping around silently.

I thought all of this was exteremly interesting, and because I entered with a postiive mindset, I was never unbearably uncomfortable. The only time I was close to that was when a little girl in a white dress kept peeking her head out of the bathroom and I decided to go in there. My face in the mirror was the only thing that gave me a true feeling of fear.

Now after that eventful night, I spent the next few hours trying to go to sleep, which was difficult, but I did it.

The next morning I was perfectly fine.

Two weeks later I tried a higher dose, 850mg.

The effects were pretty much the same, except I saw a lot more. Everything was changing. It wasn't possible to stare at something for more than ten seconds without it becoming something compeltely different.

This I'll admit was a little scary, but I didn't let that take over. Next day I was fine.

My question to you guys is who has done doses that high and has never had any side effects?

Just a few things I thought I'd throw in:
- I've never done of 2G in a single week.
- My highest dosage was 850MG, and I've done it more than once."

Last edited by Jatelka; 01-05-2009 at 06:53.
Old 01-05-2009, 15:12
Gold Member

Male from USA - New York
RaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline Medline
Points: 3,053, Level: 8 Points: 3,053, Level: 8 Points: 3,053, Level: 8
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

My raver friend thinks that what was said mentioned by Porterhouse seems to be the norm. Prime active dose range seems to be in the area of 600-900mg with the upper range approaching the "truly high dose" level. I'm not really sure what could constitute such a dose since my raver friend has yet to do more than 800 because those effects were so strong and the side effects so pronounced that he was content with the experience. He may conduct more research to see what a huge dose would bring.
Old 08-05-2009, 15:04

24 y/o Male from United States
captain bligh is an unknown quantity at this point

SWIM understands the basics of what some call becoming a "Delusionaut" but would rather stay away from DPH because of the fact it made SWIM feel like complete shit the next day. The highest doses SWIM ever took was 200mg of Doxylame Succinate (Unisom) combined with 200mg of Diphenhydramine in one experience, and one solid dose of Diphenhydramine totaling 450mg in the other experience. SWIM's visuals were quite intense during both experiences, but SWIM wouldn't consider either experience to be anything nearly profound or spiritual (SWIM uses the term spiritual in a psychedelic sense).

SWIM understands that all drugs require understanding, but from personal experience, SWIM tends to find DPH quite un-enjoyable.
Old 23-06-2009, 05:35

25 y/o Male from United States
Ballad of Birds is a decent psychonaut.

One of my closest condors ate 50 mg shy of two whole grams of this stuff just the other day. Before that the record was held by another feathery fucker who took 1800mg in a suicide attempt. However the current champ does have well over a hundred pounds on the former. Both emerged without health complications or even a hangover the next day. SWIBoB was there to observe the 1950mg dose and he must say that was the craziest fucking bird he has been around. No sign of that condor inside his mind that night. Randomness redefined.

As has been stated to death in this thread don't try this shit at home, kids.

If anyone is interested in a more in depth report of either of this events, just let me know.
Old 29-06-2009, 10:18
Silver Member

Male
DPHer is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchid_Suspiria View Post
Diphenhydramine has a very strange euphoria that could be called as positive,however to balance this positive there is something sublimely ugly and horrific about the diphenhydramine experience that swim has never seen in any other drug.It is like the world around you is spinning out of control,like unseen horrors and everything negative you fear is creeping up on you.Yet sometimes reallity is so ugly one will even go for this escape if it is all that remains available.
Swim's topped a gram before, but he would like to quote this post as an introduction, because it is one of the most perfect descriptions of the dph trip he's ever seen. Swim cherishes dph precisely for this strange euphoria, which feels rather like an opiate, and has been able to recreate the feeling on various other drugs, like lsd. He often will dose 100-200mg dph now and then just for that wonderful feeling to kick in deep inside the body cavity... the fullness of the sensation fills the spine and adds that delightful gravity to the arms and head, making mere movement a pleasant sensation. Sometimes (lucky him) a faint feeling of that sort is barely noticable, without drugs at all, when he's tired. The hypersensitivity to sound and light, the dry mouth, the occasional restless legs... these are all things he copes with quite well, completely able to bask in the experience.

Swim doesn't usually have problems with getting scared, although at 400mg+ (which was for some time the standard trip dose he used a few nights a week) he does often appear to see things out of the corner of his eye, and turns to find nothing. Swim lives in a trailer and loves to take it at nightfall when utterly alone, going to bed around 5am. His computer, with the Internet and a vast array of wonderful albums to enjoy, provides something to do, whatever it may be, to enjoy the experience no matter his mood. The only auditory halucination he's ever had bother him was once when contemplating using the bathroom. Standing in the bathroom, devoid of the sound of fans and other ambient noise, he began to hear his own voice, speaking to him in random phrases, coming from somewhere other than his mouth. He decided at that point he would not be spending 5 minutes in that room, for the sake of nerves.

With such mild effects overall, especially compared to the crazy trip reports he's read, it's no surprise swim handled a single 1100mg dose fine. He spent a half hour staring at the snail inside his fishtank, followed by a period of an hour or so sitting at the computer where all memory was lost. He later discovered he'd sent random strings of characters to several people on AIM and via txt message. After that he went and slept and all was well after he awoke (and dph always makes him sleep for quite a long time).

For swim, visuals are a function of how bright the room is. In the near dark, he can make himself see whatever he wants, and sometimes even force himself to believe something amusing at times (a friend sitting in a chair who's not really over). Even that one 1100mg time all he saw was what's become a standard visual for him... plain white walls and plain beige carpet appear to have red and green patterns on them. Nothing special here. And, as always, everything breathes a bit, like jelly. Swim was surprised this was uniform at dosages a half order of magnitude apart.

The only thing swim hates these days about the 400+mg doses, and the only reason he restricts it to 200 or less, is that sometimes he falls asleep, but his body wakes up afterward. Once swim fell asleep in a chair and his friends walked in on him an hour later standing in a corner facing the wall with his pants at his legs, motionless and unresponding to questions. Another time swim fell asleep on the toilet and reportedly attempted wiping with a half full two liter bottle of coca-cola... when spoken to at the time he began talking using terms from a video game he'd been playing earlier that day, including a sentence or two about strategy involving grenades. Swim can laugh about them now, but it's embarassing to sleepwalk, so he makes sure he's in control of the trip at all times, and alone for an extended period when there is risk of falling asleep before the stuff wears off.

For weeks after the g dose, swim was hyper-aware of floaters, particularly outside. (Floaters are the translucent shadows cast onto the retina by clumps of cells inside the eye... swim is sure you're aware of them). He still notices floaters at a markedly increased level for the 24 hours following a 200+ dose. Swim had nothing more to tell me for this post other than he wanted you to know he's a fairly big guy, weighing 250lbs or so, and he could never recommend a gram dose of this stuff to anyone thin, and even to anyone fat without a strong grasp on reality.

Nice summary of effects.
Old 03-09-2009, 18:41
Banned

29 y/o Male from Turkmenistan
izzy31 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2
Activity: 4.1% Activity: 4.1% Activity: 4.1%

The diphenhydramine experience SWIM gets is ABSOLUTLY disgusting. He hates it. HE took this much before, and his legs started shaking and he walked around trying to figure out who he was for 8 hours.
Old 06-10-2009, 22:59
Banned

23 y/o Male
justcan'thallucinate! should review received reputation comments.
Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1

Wow. SWIsM took 875mg of Diphenhydramine one night. Although he had been doing it for a couple months, he never did it at that type of dose. The reason he did this, I believe, is because he was planning on breaking up with his girlfriend that night and wanted to forget about it. It was his worst night ever. However, SWISM has not once been able to hallucinate. Not even at these doses of Diphenhydramine. SWISM just felt very heavy, no short-term memory, and blank. Blank but depressed and scared at the same time.

SWISM thinks this is the worst drug to abuse. SWISM only abused Diphenhydramine initially because he was not aware of slightly better OTC drugs like DXM.

justcan'thallucinate! added 73 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

I can't help but understand why someone would want to do something like this, as I have done it in the past and gotten help for it. It's a nightmare. Do not do it. Please. Honestly, from the bottom of my heart, do not put yourself through it. It's a nightmare, and it's one of the only drugs that can produce hallucinations as real as the chair you're sitting on.

I do not mind using myself as the experience, because I don't believe I've done anything wrong by admitting my past decisions and having already gotten help for them. I would use SWIM but I just wanted to make this a little more personal because I want it to get through to people that I'm not just an acronym, I'm a real human being who has done this. And I full-fledged, deeply revise against this. It will simply give you a nightmare of a time that you will never be able to let go of.

Do not take Diphenhydramine recreationally.

Last edited by justcan'thallucinate!; 06-10-2009 at 22:59. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-12-2009, 08:43
Silver Member

29 y/o Female from Canada
Rin_Weh is captain of the psychonauts.Rin_Weh is captain of the psychonauts.Rin_Weh is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 456, Level: 3 Points: 456, Level: 3 Points: 456, Level: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacumen View Post
7/16/07 Edit: ******WARNING! COMPARABLE DOSES OF DIPHENHYDRAMINE COULD EASILY CAUSE CARDIAC ARREST, LIVER FAILURE, OR DEATH!********

SWIM was actually very surprised as he read some of the experiences on these forums. Many of the stories involve doses at around 300 mg. Not a single story SWIM read mentioned anything going above 600.

SWIM has taken Diphenhydramine on 2 separate occassions; the 1st time at 625mg, and the second at 750mg.

The first time, SWIM felt as if he weighed a thousand pounds. At one point while walking out of the room he was chilling in, he reached for the door handle and right before he touched the handle the handle twisted itself down then released back up, as if someone were trying to get in from the other side at the very same moment. Very freaky. SWIM went back to where he was sitting and then left the room 15 minutes later. It was damn near impossible for SWIM to navigate the halls of his friends house and could not find the door to the bathroom which was, as he already knew, only 3 feet in front of the room he just left. Defeated, he returned to the room.

At one point, SWIM saw the entire wall move in a wavelike fashion, then stop back into place. Think of The Matrix when the helicopter crashes into the building.

SWIM was with 3 friends, all who had taken 625, 625 or 750 mg. ALL of them periodiocally woke up while they were sleeping to ask a question or say some random thing in a conversation that actually was not going on.

The second time SWIM tried Diphenhydramine, he did 750 mg. SWIM did not feel the infinite weight he did the first time he tried the drug. But SWIM, after about 1.5 hours, unknowingly entered a rain forest, completely filled with enormous amazon-like spiders, fruit flies, smaller spiders and their webs and strands, moths, and gnats. At one point, SWIM opened the back door to his house, and was stopped because there were 2 or 3 absolutely enormous spiders (Each 18 inches in diameter) blocking the way in a giant web across his doorway. The outdoor side of the door was covered in a massive yet natural-looking calmly pulsing legion of tiny gnats.

How did SWIM react to this situation? He simply closed the door, turned around, and told himself "Man, well I guess I wont go outside yet." He then walked upstairs, went to his bedroom and closed the door so that more bugs wouldnt fly in, and went to sleep. If you had asked SWIM at that point if the drug was distorting his grip on reality, he would've told you "not at all."

The next day (16 hours later), any surface he stared at would begin to fluctuate and wobble calmly, though at this point SWIM swore he was thinking straight. All he had to do was think of his memories of the night before, and in comparison, he was absolutely sober.

But how could he have been sure?

2 days after the night he took the drug, SWIM again felt that on the previous day, he was still heavily under the influence of the drug. The same 'day-after' feeling repeated twice more before he reached what he considers now in retrospect a 'close-enough' normality.

Diphenhydramine is clearly a very long lasting drug.

Someone else who is not me, SEWIM, has taken 625mg, 750mg, 750mg, and even an entire GRAM of Diphenhydramine.

The, gram, apparently, was too much for SEWIM. He was 'caught' by his dad after he was woken up by a loud thumping sound coming from SEWIM's room. The sound was made as SEWIM repeatedly tried to get out of his bed to go to the bathroom but was completely unable to support himself. He'd get up, fall to the ground, crawl back into bed, then try the process over again.

Also during this night, SEWIM told me that he had gone 'clinically insane', and was rocking back and forth with his arms around his legs in a fetal position and laughing maniacally.

When SEWIM's mom asked him what had made him act that way, SEWIM smiled, looked away and whispered "... marijuana."

Needless to say, we joke about that moment all the time.

Other than getting in trouble with his parents, SEWIM came out of that experience absolutely fine.

Please feel free to post what you know about SWIY's experiences with truly high doses of diphenhydramine.
You're the only other person I've encountered thus far who's had a forest experience. Crazy,eh?

Rin_Weh added 31 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaine View Post
SWIM agrees with Alfa, and hopes the OP realizes that dosages in this range constitute poisoning by nearly *anyone's* definition... as surely as huffing Raid insecticide or ingesting radiator fluid.

SWIM is waiting for somebody to post about how they injected Drano and enjoyed the burning sensations. He supposes somebody in this world is masochistic enough to even call it a high .
I agree, it is utterly dangerous. However, SWIM has also been on too many medications at some points in SWIM's life and in those incidences it could usually be attributed to impulsive decisions or decisions made gradually from one dose to the next. SWIM does not advocate taking such lethal doses of any drug but wants people to understand that *sometimes* when this happens, it happens because the higher one gets, often times the worse decisions we make.
It is too easy to say "oh, just a few more" a few times too many. Or, " I know this is dumb but I need to take this many to get away right now", and then regret it later on.
Perhaps some folks don't know what such a high dose of diphenhydramine will do and so it is forgiveable that some make such terrible mistakes(although,careful,some mistakes kill you).
And to the folk who do know what such a high dose or higher (or lower for some) will do, but do it anyhow, there are also reasons that lead up to such descisions.
So people are all correct in saying, "That was dumb" and can be sure the user knows it too, but....
SWI-US need also to be mindful that there are infinite reasons for *why* they took that much in the moment.
Perhaps the writer could relay that to impressionable readers, I don't know. I just don't want ya'll beating up on the guy who took too much other than in the way of saying, "Man, we don't want SWIY to f***ing die so be careful please."
It's 3:36am and I'm a woman so excuse my rambling.
And for some of you reading this who haven't taken that much but have considered doing it,don't. People have died.
For those of you who get depressed and have a tendancy to act on impulse- don't keep those bullets in your house, please.
For those of you who take some, get stoned, take a little more, get higher, take some more, are intoxicated, take more, become full out delerious- hard to breathe- scary- don't be embarrased to call for help.

Last edited by Rin_Weh; 02-12-2009 at 08:43. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, benadryl, benylin, blurred vision, deliriant, deliriant effects, dipenhydramine, diphenhydramine, diphenhydramine dose, dph, dramamine, drug, drugs, drugs-forum, ethanol, gel cap, huffing, nytol, sleeping pills, tripping, united kingdom