Notices

Old 23-05-2009, 17:52
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Female
Tryptamine is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 97, Level: 1 Points: 97, Level: 1 Points: 97, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Why did this happen to me (roxicodone)?

Hello all, this is a weird question that may or may not require basic pharmacology to explain. Some time ago, SWIM first started experimenting with opiates. SWIM started on some low doses [5 or 10mg at a time] which were spaced out between about a week between each other and at least a week prior to a high dose, about 3 low-dose experiences total...

For a higher dose SWIM took--with no tolerance and on empty stomach--5 x [5mg prescription oxycodones--"percocet"]--25mg total--(SWIM did this via a cold water extraction to remove the APAP and drank the opiate water)... it was a great experience, felt fine afterwards.

Just recently, SWIM found some again, though a little different... this time SWIM took 1 x 5mg pill about 5 days before a high dose experience. SWIM then took 3 x [5mg prescription instant release oxycodones--"roxicodone"]--15mg total--again with no tolerance and on empty stomach...
????: Drugs Forum http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88681

SWIM did this normally by swallowing them whole after reading that roxis contained no APAP. However, this time, something went wrong. SWIM got sick... SWIM felt really drowsy, got the itching sensations and mild euphoria but not even the amount of euphoria SWIM got with just one roxi 5 days before, and had a sick feeling in SWIM's head (nausea, only not a stomach-pain type of nausea, this was a headache-nausea). SWIM vomitted about 4 times that night.

Here is the catch, which may or may not be responsible. A day before the bad time with 3 roxicodones, SWIM had been using cleaning chemicals (namely bleach and mr. clean) to clean a floor in an enclosed area, and SWIM got a headache and swollen throat glands afterwards so SWIM thinks he had mild chemical poisoning (but no fainting or nausea). SWIM immediately began taking immune supplements for that day and the next like NAC, pure vitamin C powder, vitamin D, etc. but still, felt kinda sick (although less than before) the next day when SWIM took the roxis.

My questions:

1) Do you think the chemical poisoning preoccupied SWIM's immune system such that it lead SWIM's body to reject any further intoxicatants (roxicodone)?

2) If #1 is no, then why did this not happen with 25mg the first time, but with the second time when SWIM took even less-- 15mg total. Could it be due to the instant release factor of the roxis? (Although wouldn't a cold water extraction make the [percs SWIM took the first time] instant release?

3) Could it be because SWIM developed tolerance the first time (although they werent too close together in time) that SWIM did not get sick? If one were taking 5 or 10mg oxycodone on 4 occasions, how close would those occasions have to be in time to create tolerance?

Please give SWIM any insight you can contribute, as SWIM would like to try roxis again but do not want the same horrible experience... help is much appreciated.
Old 23-05-2009, 22:07
Silver Member

33 y/o Male from United States
LinusMundane is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 157, Level: 2 Points: 157, Level: 2 Points: 157, Level: 2
Re: Why did this happen to me (roxicodone)?

Is it possible that SWIY is mistaken on the roxi being 5mg and not 15mg? SWIM is by far no expert but he has only ever seen them come in 15 and 30mg varieties....
Old 24-05-2009, 02:21
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Female
Tryptamine is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 97, Level: 1 Points: 97, Level: 1 Points: 97, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinusMundane View Post
Is it possible that SWIY is mistaken on the roxi being 5mg and not 15mg? SWIM is by far no expert but he has only ever seen them come in 15 and 30mg varieties....
The pills I took were small round and white. On one side it had an "M" inside a square box, and on the other it said "05 | 52" with vertical line in between.

Tryptamine added 0 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinusMundane View Post
The pills SWIM took were small round and white. On one side it had an "M" inside a square box, and on the other it said "05 | 52" with vertical line in between.

Last edited by Tryptamine; 24-05-2009 at 02:21. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 24-05-2009, 02:54
Silver Member

Ok SWIY is correct, they are 5's. SWIM apologizes but as he said he hasn't seen everything. Sadly SWIM cannot give much input on the subject at hand as he has never had a bad opiate experience but SWIM is sure there are some SWIMMERS here who will help SWIY to figure it out.
Old 30-05-2009, 16:03

Male from United States
Misto should review received reputation comments.
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1

ya ive only seen 15 and 30 mg roxis also, i kno a few people that have gotten sick occasionally off taking the same dose of roxis that they always take no idea why
Old 30-05-2009, 16:25
Silver Member

buddy of SWIM's can eat a whole 15 roxi but if he takes 3 5mg percs gets sick, he can take tylenol in those doses so we don't think its that its just weird.
Old 30-05-2009, 17:09
Silver Member

Male from United States
thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,072, Level: 5 Points: 1,072, Level: 5 Points: 1,072, Level: 5

It seems that taking a excessive amount of opiates can leed to vomiting and nausea.
And swim is not going to even guess at why swiys body reacted that way.......
But swim has found in the past that when taking opiates to control physical pain,he doesn't always feel any euphoria (even at higher than average does for swim).....and taking them under the same circumstances minus the need for pain control,swim would often feel more joy.....
So go figure.....might be something to remember as swiy continues his scientific experimentation.
Swim also knows of someone that often complains of headache after using codone products....and swim always wondered what would cause this?(inner ear disturbance? thebaine?)
Either way,stay safe

Share this on:

Tags
opiate, overdose, oxycodone, roxicodone

» New Threads
I'm Immune to Getting Addicted.
Last post by idfma
1 Replies, 2 Views
Feeding a grocery habit one day at...
Last post by Fidget247
44 Replies, 3,021 Views
How could someone even start with...