Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Heroin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 17-02-2009, 01:59
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
The Monoxide Child is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 237, Level: 2 Points: 237, Level: 2 Points: 237, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
just shot up and arm is now completley numb!!

swim just shot up some heroin in the bend of his elbow (the classic spot) now his arm from there up to his hand is numb (just on the side he shot up on) swim is really scared, this has never happened before, anyone know what's going on?
Old 17-02-2009, 02:20
Silver Member

40 y/o Male from Australia
psychoshaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: just shot up and arm is now completley numb!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monoxide Child View Post
swim just shot up some heroin in the bend of his elbow (the classic spot) now his arm from there up to his hand is numb (just on the side he shot up on) swim is really scared, this has never happened before, anyone know what's going on?
Sounds like you might have hit an artery is your hand your hand puffed up as well? best thing to do is raise your hand above your head and maybe put some ice in the injection site, swim has a vein quite close to his artery in the same site it sucks when it happens and swim had his hands, legs face and feet tingling from a BIG shot of meth the other day, it's supposed to be pretty bad for you and the first time it happened to swim he was freaking out it's happend a couple more times since then and i'm still ok, just remember veins are raised and on the surface, and you can see their "blueness", arteries are deep, if it pulses it's an artery, blood from a vein is usually dark, arteries bright red, sometime even frothy and usually blood will shoot right in even though you have'nt drawn back yet... Swim is no doctor, and let me tell swiy that he has spoken to doctors, spent a night in the emergency ward swim told the what he had done and what he believed was going on that didn't have a clue, thought i had amphetamine psychosis, even though i was calm and diplomatic they srugged me of like some kinda junkie (and what if i am no need to be judgemental i am human just like the rest) seems like swim new more than they did...

You should be fine, if you nare really concern see a doctor or even call an ambulance if it's that bad...

Also do us a favour write back as soon as practible so swim knows your ok, stay calm don't freak and peace...

hope this helps

Post Quality Evaluations:
good thorough help
Old 17-02-2009, 02:31
Titanium Member

Female from United Kingdom
Esmerelda probably knows what they are talking about.Esmerelda probably knows what they are talking about.Esmerelda probably knows what they are talking about.Esmerelda probably knows what they are talking about.Esmerelda probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 881, Level: 4 Points: 881, Level: 4 Points: 881, Level: 4

It could be Swiy damaged a nerve, or missed the vein and swelling is now putting pressure on a nerve.

If Swiy has swelling/ colour change (aside from bruising)/ lost pulse in the arm/hand, he should get medical attention.

I'm assuming this numbness isn't associated with any chest pain?
Old 17-02-2009, 02:47
Banned

28 y/o Male
chillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 27,071, Level: 23 Points: 27,071, Level: 23 Points: 27,071, Level: 23

Also, it could be just a little bit of the shot got out of the vein either as SWIY was sticking the needle in or pulling out and this can cause some numbness depending on what it was cut with
Old 17-02-2009, 03:09
Palladium Member

Female from United States
pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.
Points: 1,472, Level: 5 Points: 1,472, Level: 5 Points: 1,472, Level: 5
Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6%

Sounds like SWIY hit a nerve. Literally. Especially if you have no other symptoms. Usually you'll feel something painful or "weird" when you poke a nerve though. Anytime that happens, SWIY should backoff and try someplace else.

Or it could have been cut with something odd.

Not to be silly, but SWIY didn't leave any constriction devices in place accidently, did they? SWIM know it sounds funny...but SWIM has seen that happen before.

If it's a matter of bumping a nerve, the feeling should come back eventually...though it might take awhile.
Old 17-02-2009, 03:57
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
The Monoxide Child is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 237, Level: 2 Points: 237, Level: 2 Points: 237, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Numbness is gone now and everything is back to normal, but that was weird
Old 17-02-2009, 07:08
Titanium Member

Female from United Kingdom
Esmerelda probably knows what they are talking about.Esmerelda probably knows what they are talking about.Esmerelda probably knows what they are talking about.Esmerelda probably knows what they are talking about.Esmerelda probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 881, Level: 4 Points: 881, Level: 4 Points: 881, Level: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monoxide Child View Post
Numbness is gone now and everything is back to normal, but that was weird
Glad to hear you're okay
Old 17-02-2009, 08:14
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from United Kingdom
BumpBump is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 160, Level: 2 Points: 160, Level: 2 Points: 160, Level: 2
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

swim has a nerve he catches sometimes and its like an little electric shock and makes swim shiver
Old 24-06-2009, 07:41
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
m.swinehart81 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 669, Level: 4 Points: 669, Level: 4 Points: 669, Level: 4
Uh oh!!!

So swim has an issue that he isnt sure what he should do about it. Swim just did a shot, everything went fine, swim was feelin good, and then all the sudden he felt a suttle tingle go through his hand and out through his pinky finger (smallest finger). His smallest finger is now completely numb!
Swim did the shot in his wrist. If you were to look at the palm of your hand the shot would have been on the left side and about an inch to an inch and a half down from where your hand meets your arm.
Swim has had things go numb before but its never lasted very long. His pinky finger has now been numb for about 15 minutes...
Anyone have any ideas why swims pinky finger would be numb? Opinions on what should be done? Opinions on how long it might last?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Great question to ask. Many people can benefit from this same type of question and now knowing the answer
Old 24-06-2009, 08:25
Silver Member

Male from United States
mugwump77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1
Re: Uh oh!!!

not sure which hand i'm looking at here. lol. i would assume your friend booted on the pinky side of the hand.

now i'm no doctor, but your friend may have nicked a nerve, or maybe (more likely) the shot didn't go exclusively into the vein, meaning some spillover into a nerve.

again, i'm no doctor, and i would think if this persists that a visit to an actual doctor would be prudent. now if i were to guess the outcome i would imagine this side effect would evetually fix itself provided no further injections are done near the site.

most likely the toxins of the spillover have irritated the nerve and caused temporary numbness. the important thing is that one is sure the finger is still getting circulation. keep us updated on how things are going with your friend.
Old 24-06-2009, 08:35
Silver Member

Thanks Mugwump. It is on the pinky side of swims wrist on his right hand. I first thought it could be the nerve but I would think if that were the case it would have happened rapidly but it didnt. Swim said it didnt go numb for a good 5 minutes after he did the shot. He said the shot went fine too.
This whole spillover thing definitely sounds like a very logical possiblity though. As for right now swims pinky is still numb. It has been probably about an hour to an hour and a half since it all happened. Im hoping that swims finger fixes itself. I know how much he hates going to the doctor. Especially for something related to IV'ing heroin. I sure wouldnt want to go to the doctor for something like that anyway...
Old 24-06-2009, 18:20
Titanium Member

Female from United States
east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.
Points: 813, Level: 4 Points: 813, Level: 4 Points: 813, Level: 4
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

swim HATES going to the doctor for heroin related problems, it goes back to that thread on how much society looks down on junkies.

swim has had this numbness thing happen before (and it seems like it usually is in the fingers) maybe something about the circulation there? but swim doesn't think it should stay that way for more than a couple hours.

let us know what happened. hope swiny is ok.
Old 24-06-2009, 18:28
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.
Points: 4,315, Level: 9 Points: 4,315, Level: 9 Points: 4,315, Level: 9
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Pacman reckons SWIY will be fine. He has has this happen before due to a miss that was he thinks a through and through (one that registered but wasn't in.If this occurs near a vein in the hand it can bring numbness, swelling and pain
Old 24-06-2009, 23:31
Silver Member

Swim's pinky finger is all better! He passed out last night and when he woke up this morning his pinky finger was feeling normal again. I appreciate the advice though and so does swim! The last push of the shot swim did kind of made his wrist sort of... ache...??? I dont really know how else to describe it. Swim said it wasnt the sharp shooting pain of a miss but more like what you feel hours after missing. Funny thing is, swim said it happened right away...??? It seems kind of odd to me but what can ya do?
Either way, swim's finger is feeling like its old self again!
Old 25-06-2009, 01:48
Silver Member

Male from United States
thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,072, Level: 5 Points: 1,072, Level: 5 Points: 1,072, Level: 5

After the fact swim would say a nerve hit.............also swim is not a doctor.
But when swiy sticks metal into your body along with unknown chemicals and cuts,these things are to be expected ......Staysafe.....
Old 25-06-2009, 03:45
Banned

Female
Wallet is a decent psychonaut.

SWIM is happy that SWISwine's finger is all better. SWIM has been having the same issues with his right hand ( Been going on for a couple weeks now. Not really sure what to do about it but it still has strength so he isn't worrying yet.

Just curious Swine, why so much negative rep?
Old 25-06-2009, 04:16
Silver Member

Male from United States
mugwump77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1

true that. from all the swine posts i've read he seems a-ok, i'm betting it was an initial problem learning to swim. am i right?

Last edited by mugwump77; 25-06-2009 at 12:16.
Old 27-06-2009, 08:13
Silver Member

yes, very correct. when I first became a member I put the price of things and I also self incriminated. All without knowing I shouldnt do those things. I made the mistake of posting before reading the forum rules. A dumb mistake...
Thanks for all the info though guys. Definitely made swim a little more comfortable knowing there are some people out there willing to stear him in the right direction with difficult situations!!
Old 26-10-2009, 22:07
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
Ill~Will is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Arm going numb when shooting into wrist(sometimes)

A few times now swim has shot into the big vein on the top of his wrist
and had his entire arm go numb, really not very fun at all.

Can anyone shed some light on why this is happening?
Old 27-10-2009, 15:41
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from USA - Pennsylvania
SmokeNmirrors is captain of the psychonauts.SmokeNmirrors is captain of the psychonauts.SmokeNmirrors is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 653, Level: 4 Points: 653, Level: 4 Points: 653, Level: 4
Re: Arm going numb when shooting into wrist(sometimes)

Is this a different dope then what swiy normally gets cause maybe its the cut. Also coke will do that if swiy misses so maybe there is some coke cut in with the dope but that's highly unlikely. How long does this last for? Cause most likely its something its cut with that maybe swiys body is allergic too.
Old 27-10-2009, 21:42
Silver Member

Swim is not sure about that, it only seems to happen when swim
uses a dull rig to inject with and has to push really hard into the
large vein, swim still gets a rush but soon after his arm goes numb
up to the elbow.

Swim uses H4 usually only cut with Dormin (sleep aid)
Old 27-10-2009, 22:04
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

33 y/o Male from United Kingdom
adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,802, Level: 6 Points: 1,802, Level: 6 Points: 1,802, Level: 6

there are many nervs that run threw your wrist to your hands which r 1 of the most sensitve parts of the body. swiy could of slightly damaged 1 of them swim has befor it takes a while to clear up last time 6 months 4 total feeling to come back. u say it's when swiy uses a dull rig r they shure there not going all way threw vein? thus missing part of hit even though geting blood and still geting high. if so the gear and citric would definaly be fucking with swims sensation this is usaly much shorter time to get beter than nerv damage few days to a week. and they may not neserseral notice as only issing a bit and it beeing inside the wrist. swim has done this severl times. if it carreys on go to see your doctor or nearest a&e
Old 27-10-2009, 23:10
Silver Member

Swim figured it had something to do with a nerve, swims junk doesn't
have citric in it since it is H4 and the weird numbness only lasted maybe an
hour at the most

swim it is almost positive it is from the needle going all the way thru the vein
Old 27-10-2009, 23:36
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

33 y/o Male from United Kingdom
adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,802, Level: 6 Points: 1,802, Level: 6 Points: 1,802, Level: 6

yeah definatly now swiy said only an hr of numbness, some of gear would of missed and just put pressure in wrong place. it happens.
Old 27-10-2009, 23:49
Silver Member

thanks for explaining that to swim, had him wondering

Share this on:

Tags
heroin intravenous use, heroin iv, heroin iv use, heroin side effects, hit a nerve, hit an artery, injecting help, injecting heroin, intravenous help, intravenous heroin, intravenous use, missed heroin hits, missed shot, numb body parts, opioid, shooting heroin, swelling at injection site

» New Threads
realocated to east coast and cant...
Last post by ianzombie
2 Replies, 100 Views
Scar Tissue
Last post by chica
6 Replies, 2,664 Views
Quite the unpleasant experience....
Last post by ianzombie
8 Replies, 303 Views
If one is put on Suboxone, can he...
Last post by Capo