Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Nootropics
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Nootropics Smartdrugs, Brain boosters & Cognitive enhancers.

Old 22-06-2008, 21:57
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

49 y/o Male
NeuroMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Phenylethylamine

Phenylethylamine having become recently available in high doses otc in the US has resulted in many reports of potent psychoactive effects in doses ranging from 1-4 grams.

The effects seem to be a blend of thc (which by itself can increase brain levels of PEA up to 4 times) and MDMA.

Noticed positive effects:

Increased focus
body/brain high/buzz/tingle
Very talkative
Feeling waves of warmth
Strong euphoria
Reduced nervous habits or fear reduction
Altered perception (lsd/dmt like in high doses)

Noticed negative effects (especially in higher doses or when used in high doses with an MAO-B inhibitor):

Sweating
Mild nausea
Mild increase heart rate and/or blood pressure
Stronger heart beat
Mild tightness in throat

Dosing for PEA (varies on body weight and tolerance)

1,000-2,000 mg on an empty stomach.
Takes 15-30 minutes kick in.
Generally effects last an hour and people feel in a great mood the rest of the day.
When the effects start to die down an additional 250-500 mg can be taken to have the effects kick in again this can be done several times during the day.
For a more intense effect increase any of the above doses by 250-500 mg.
Start with the lower doses and increase slowly this is key to insuring less side effects and the effects you want.

The highest dose reported at once is 3-4 grams and 5+ grams during the day.

Phenibut or baclofen can be used at anytime to reduce any side effects if too strong of a dose is taken.

Discuss.
Old 22-06-2008, 22:06

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.
Points: 2,756, Level: 7 Points: 2,756, Level: 7 Points: 2,756, Level: 7
Re: Phenylethylamine

Is there any danger with supplementing with this?
Is this available in the UK?
Old 23-06-2008, 02:55

49 y/o Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasian View Post
Is there any danger with supplementing with this?
Is this available in the UK?

Provided you don't exceed the dosage suggestion and start low it's very safe for a healthy adult.

Yes you can easily buy it online.
Old 04-07-2008, 00:16

Male
branflakes is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Can I please see some sources for this?
The only "phenethylamine" I know is the one on which Shulgin based his first novel where he specifically claimed that it is "without activity in man!"
Old 04-07-2008, 04:01
Banned

Male
Panthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline Medline
Points: 2,850, Level: 7 Points: 2,850, Level: 7 Points: 2,850, Level: 7

Source discussions are only allowed in the Sources forum - which is only available for Gold members and above (and then only legal materials.).
Old 04-07-2008, 05:58
Banned

Male
Lobsang really adds to the discussion.Lobsang really adds to the discussion.Lobsang really adds to the discussion.Lobsang really adds to the discussion.Lobsang really adds to the discussion.Lobsang really adds to the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by branflakes View Post
Can I please see some sources for this?
The only "phenethylamine" I know is the one on which Shulgin based his first novel where he specifically claimed that it is "without activity in man!"
AS stated we cannot trade sources. However as I understand it the substance is active and legal in the USA. I sure you can use a search engine and find what you want. It seems to be quite widely available..
Old 04-07-2008, 22:33

Male
branflakes is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers007 View Post
Source discussions are only allowed in the Sources forum - which is only available for Gold members and above (and then only legal materials.).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobsang View Post
AS stated we cannot trade sources. However as I understand it the substance is active and legal in the USA. I sure you can use a search engine and find what you want. It seems to be quite widely available..
Relax, guys.

Both of you misinterpreted my reply.
When I said sources, I meant sources stating that phenethylamine actually has these effects on the human body.
Old 04-07-2008, 22:50
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from United States
Paracelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 4,471, Level: 9 Points: 4,471, Level: 9 Points: 4,471, Level: 9

Even not considering your (questionable) reasons for promoting this, NeuroMD, you should still provide support for your statement that it's "very safe."

In the dosages that you recommend (1-2 grams), combining PEA with selegiline (aka l-deprenyl, another nootropic and a MAO-B inhibitor) will cause a massive overdose. With selegiline in the mix (which isn't very unlikely to happen considering that many people stack their nootropics), 1-2 grams would be 3-6 times the maximum tolerated dose for the test subject I've witnessed testing said compound (300 mg).
Old 05-07-2008, 00:15

49 y/o Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paracelsus View Post
Even not considering your (questionable) reasons for promoting this, NeuroMD, you should still provide support for your statement that it's "very safe."

In the dosages that you recommend (1-2 grams), combining PEA with selegiline (aka l-deprenyl, another nootropic and a MAO-B inhibitor) will cause a massive overdose. With selegiline in the mix (which isn't very unlikely to happen considering that many people stack their nootropics), 1-2 grams would be 3-6 times the maximum tolerated dose for the test subject I've witnessed testing said compound (300 mg).
Questionable? Harm reduction uses. It's easy to get PEA from several US companies and I hardly view this as a promoting this rather than educating people. I have several patients using this for various reasons. I thought a erowid type report is what this forum seems to prefer.

Where do I recommend deprenyl in this thread? If you were on deprenyl then I would suggest following the dosage used in clinical studies 10-60 mg.

NeuroMD added 2 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by branflakes View Post
Relax, guys.

Both of you misinterpreted my reply.
When I said sources, I meant sources stating that phenethylamine actually has these effects on the human body.
There are several logs on other forums reporting many of this effects.

I can quote their replies here if that is allowed.

Last edited by NeuroMD; 05-07-2008 at 00:15. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-07-2008, 00:16
Banned

Male
Lobsang really adds to the discussion.Lobsang really adds to the discussion.Lobsang really adds to the discussion.Lobsang really adds to the discussion.Lobsang really adds to the discussion.Lobsang really adds to the discussion.

Quote:
Phenylethylamine having become recently available in high doses otc in the US has resulted in many reports of potent psychoactive effects in doses ranging from 1-4 grams.

The effects seem to be a blend of thc (which by itself can increase brain levels of PEA up to 4 times) and MDMA.
Quote:
Phenibut or baclofen can be used at anytime to reduce any side effects if too strong of a dose is taken.

Where is all of this documented? In what journal?
Old 05-07-2008, 00:20

49 y/o Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by koi1214 View Post
Sunday 06/15/08 Day 1 off Day
I took 2 caps(1000mg) on an empty somach.
The main thing I have noticed so far was that I was feeling great all day.Also
I noticed that I felt calmer all day too.Tomorrow will be my first workout on PEA.

Quote:
Monday 06/16/08 Day 2
Quote:
I took 2 caps again before I lifted.Tomorrow I will up the dose to 3 caps.
Notes:
First,I must say the focus was great.The mind muscle connection is outstanding.Another thing that stuck out today was that I seem to be in a happy mood all day and every little thing seemed to interest me.I can't wait to see what 3 caps does.

Quote:
Tuesday 06/17/08 Day 3
Quote:
today I took 3 caps and all I can say is WOW!I don't know how to explain it but its like like everything was great.For example colors seemed to be brighter and little things seem to amaze me.Nothing at all seemed to upset or bother me.It is like I can't get angry.Steve you are right 1.5 grams is the sweet spot.

Quote:
Wednesday 06/18/08 Day 4
Quote:
Doses-3 caps
Notes
Steve the feeling last for a good 6 hours.

Quote:
Thursday 06/19/08 Day 5 Off Day
Quote:
Dose 1 at 6am-3 caps
Dose 2 at 1pm-2 caps
Notes
Focus on PEA is outstanding.It seems that I pay more attention to details more then ever.For example I run a construction crew and today I made my painters do a lot more touchup work then usual.They even asked me what am I on because I never made them do so much extra work.I cannot wait to add Aniractam with the PEA.

Quote:
I have never taken anything like PEA before.

Quote:
Tuesday 06/24/08 Day 10 Off Day
Quote:
Monday before bed I took 1 cap
tuesday-7am I took 2 grams=4 caps
Notes
1.Monday night-I had a crazy dream.Although I can't remember the dream.The dude that rents out my basement said he heard me yelling at someone.
2.Tuesday-Like I said I took 4 caps.After the nausea went away I felt a full body buzz for about 1 hour.After that again I felt happy and everything seemed to interest me.Is PEA the legal Ectasy?

Quote:
Friday 06/27/08 Day 13
Quote:
6am Dose PEA-1.5 grams+200mg caffeine
2pm-Dose 1.5 grams of PEA+200mg caffeine
Notes
Yes Steve 1.5 is the ideal dose.I am going to try 2.0 grams with caffeine on Monday.The thing I really like about PEA is that it really helps me concentrate for mind muscle connection.The other thing I like about it is that feel great.

Quote:
Saturday 06/28/08 & Sunday 06/029/08 Days 14 & 15 Rest Days
Quote:
No PEA taken.
Here is what I have noticed so far
Positive
1.PEA seems to put me in a great mood(euphoric) "All Day" gives when I dose it twice a day.
2.PEA enhances my concentration and that helps with mind muscle connection.
3.the euphoric feeling last about 4-6 hours.
4.If you combine PEA with caffeine you will love it.The energy and concentration is great.
5.1.5 grams is the "sweet spot" for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUrbanLegend View Post
Wednesday Day 3 - 1,500mg
Quote:
Decided to go with taking 1,500 mg in the morning on an empty stomach. In under an hour i could really feel the efffects and they were amazing. I felt like i diddnt have to worry about anything and had absolutly no stress at all. I felt like i was on drugs or something. This feeling was only temporary and diddnt last very long. After about an hour i had noticed i returned to a normal state of mind. I still however remained alert for the rest of the day. During my workout i felt like i never wanted to stop and had alot of confidence. Had alot of energy throught the day. Will do the same thing tomorrow

Quote:
I have to say i love screwing around with these pills. I seem to block out any thoughts that add to stress when i take them. I am always in a great mood. I love that i get that buzzed, high kind of feeling without "partying". Ever since i started taking this i wanted to know what would happen if you popped some of these when you are drunk if you even smoked a cigarette.

Quote:
I noticed that taking 3 caps did not have a noticeable effect on me. I decided to go with 4 caps (2,000 mg) in the morning and noticed a HUGE difference. I had a tingling feeling all over my body. I felt extremly happy and started to smile for no reason. I actually had to sit down for a minute to take in all those effects. I also noticed i randomly let out heavy breaths which freaked me out a little bit. I think my face may have turned a little red but i couldnt really noticed because i also have acne on my face. Like usual while taking PEA i had plenty of confidence during my workout. Thinking of spliting up the dose and doing 2 caps in the morning and 2 before bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyleinen View Post
So, I tried a little higher dosage today- 1.5g's 2 times. Once before work, and once again right before service, so once at noon, and then again at around 4:30.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyleinen View Post
The 2nd dose hit me right as I was brushing tomato paste on a tray of veal bones I was roasting. In a matter of seconds my brain was going a thousand miles a minute! I got a ridiculous amount of stuff done again today. I got lamb butchered for the week, all the mise en place for lamb jus and rice pilaf that I'll make on tuesday, got veal stock going, plus prepping and executing service by myself, and doing some other bs projects for my boss, like prepping a kid's buffet for lunch tomorrow(as well as staff meal for tomorrow), and cutting salmon for the week.
I've already arrived at the conclusion that this stuff is some serious shit. You sure its legal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squat2Grow View Post
June 28, 2008
Quote:
1:21 PM - The first user told me that he felt a pick me up after he got out of the shower. He said that his mind cleared up a little bit more than usual and that he "feels great!". I will get another reaction from him and then get another one later on at night.
1:23 PM - It has been a while since my dose and I can feel it working in my head. So far it has a similar feel to 5htp but the brain buzz feels higher! It is a very pronounced feeling at 1,000MG. I seem more alert and focused as well.

Quote:
6:20PM - I was going to quit dosing PEA today but liked the effects so much earlier that I couldn't resist. Took in a 1.5g dose of PEA on empty stomach. Currently regaining the brain buzz that I noticed earlier in the day on my first dose.
Went in my yard and wanted to hit some golf balls. I haven't hit any in two weeks or so I thought it would be interesting to see how id do. Surprisingly I did very well and it seemed like my body and mind was able to focus in on swinging the club and hitting the ball better than ever. I will try this again later on in the week to rule out placebo effect.

Quote:
heh yeah it is great... now that I think about I am going to be going golfing tomorrow so it will be a good chance to see how the PEA reacts to my golf play to see if what I experienced was a fluke or not.
Quote:
6:45PM - Buzz still increasing and I believe its nearing the peak. The buzz in a way feels like all of my synapses in my brain firiing at the same time and I seem to be very alert. Will be nice to test out how PEA reacts when I start classes in the fall semester.
I would honestly compare the feeling that I have right now to a slight alcohol head buzz of a few drinks or beers but without the depressant effect. My heart beat is slightly up but nothing like VPX meltdown does to me.
omg i feel like im high as a kite, but its such a functional high! I feel some effects in my arms when I go to move them as well. When I move my head left and right I get a buzzzing sensation in my head. I feel like nothing can disturb my great mood...my body almost has a floating sensation followed by a heavy weight down then another floating sensation??? i also feel like my body is warming and I feel a lot of heat inside my brain.
id say this possibly could be a great substitute for alcohol use

Quote:
June 29, 2008
Quote:
11:53AM- Looks like 1.5g dose is the right amount for me. All of the effects that I experienced in my last posting is happening. I have an intense brain buzz that is similar to drinking but with more alertness. I feel high as a kite, but with a functional high, etc. Heart beat seems to be more increased than yesterday but nothing too unmanageable. I just got really hot and had to take my shirt off.
I took another 500mg cap to keep the effect going which is what I did yesterday. It is nice to see the same effects today as yesterday which would rule out any placebo oriented effects IMO.
I have only tried smoking pot a few times, but I can tell you that I like the PEA buzz way more than pot, and I am starting to like it more than alcohol as well...
cheers to PEA

Quote:
2:10PM - Update I took 3 more pills 500mg and i am high as a kite.
Quote:
I gave 2gram dose to my friend who has used hard drugs such as crack and cocaine about 30 mins ago. His first dose yesterday was 1 gram and he didnt feel much but....
This dose to him FELT INSANE... he compared to the last time he smoked crack... he got a little nervous, his face got red and hot similar to a niacin flush. At first he did not like it but in ten minutes the pain went away and he said he felt very highh....
I am also very high I took a 1.5 g dose followed by a 500mg pill 30 mins later earlier in the day and now my dose after his.
THIS IS VERY POTENT STUFF. I WOULD NOT RECOMMENED TO DRIVE IF YOU TAKE TOO MUCH PEA.
I have NEVER experienced anything like this in the world before. The feelings are unreal....

Quote:
Last night I took a 1,000mg dose about 30mins before sleep and had some very vivid dreams... more vivid than usual (was quite fun ). In one of them somehow I got into a fight with this guy on an elevator and overall was just doing weird stuff. There was about 3-4 vivid dreams that I remembered last night but usually when I sleep I may only remember 1-2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartenda View Post
DAY 2
Quote:
Update on my "experience" Saturday night. Basically, I had an incredible time for a while. I ended up drinking a little too much which wasn't too fun, but before I got to that point I was in such a good, interesting mood its kind of hard to describe. I have tried a lot of substances in my past - nothing too heavily - so am being completely honest that with PEA I definitely feel "something", which is actually extremely surprising to me.It's hard for me to pinpoint it because it doesn't necessarily make you feel different at all, it really just makes you way more tolerable and interested in other people and things you're doing.
All in all this stuff seems legit. I'll keep you posted.

Quote:
whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa
Quote:
Umm.. I feel HIGH right now. LIke I said before I have taken a lot of things in my life.. and I really feel extremely disoriented. LIke dizzy, hard to focus, kinda trippin out kind of a thing.. @ work by myself so its a little interesting. I think 1500 mg is a little too much for me. I took 3 caps adrenalean this morning so maybe thats part of it.. ill give an update later..
SOooo yeah, wtf!!! lol. its time for me to get off work, and i am honestly afraid to drive. Wasn't expecting this!
Just figured it out... this kind of gives me an "adderall like" effect minus the sharpness/speediness adderall provides. Maybe this plus caffeine would be a good replicant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillyMan85 View Post
DAY 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FillyMan85 View Post
DOSE
1,000 mg @ 5:30 PM on semi-empty stomach
EFFECTS
Just hit me a few minutes ago. I ate a piece of cheese and took the 1,000 mg dose. I feel quite buzzed. Similar to an alcohol buzz. I looked out my window at the trees waving in the wind and it took me a second to grasp the idea that it was wind in fact blowing the branches around. I feel a little confused at the moment and jittery. Slight numbness throughout body and in finger tips. Sounds from the television seem clear and crisp and I'm pretty focused on typing these sentences. Other than that nothing really major. Quite different from the first couple days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naven View Post
Thanks!
Quote:

15 minutes after the first dose of 1g and I'm feeling pretty buzzed

Kinda like an alcohol buzz but different...

Quote:
The "high" was somewhat similar to a pretty good alcohol buzz, but "heavier" - i.e. head feels heavier than normal. I felt more talkative, too.
Quote:

Today I got up and took 500mg PEA on an empty stomach with 1 AMP2, and my normal pre-workout stuff. I had a *fantastic* workout, pumps were great, energy was non-stop, strength was good. Time flew, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taman25thc02 View Post
The PEA really hit hard once I finished my earlier post. It really crept up on me then bam the euphoria really hit. Talk about a good mood after that. I was joking around and laughing all day.

Quote:
Day 5- Last day of the week for PEA's.
Quote:
Took 1.5 grams all at once and it was probably too much. Extremely good mood, really happy, but soo relaxed that I crashed on the couch in the middle of the afternoon watching a movie. It was funny because I had a smile on my face bc I was just generally in a good mood and I felt my eyes starting to close and knew what was happening but couldn't fight it. Next thing I knew I was out for an hour or so.
Just woke up but still feel like a million bucks. I'll stick with 1 gram/day in the future and maybe work with 500mg like 30 min later or a few hours later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dills2214 View Post
My 1st full day was pretty... ironic to say the least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dills2214 View Post

I decided to take 1000mg when I got to work. I let about a half hour pass. Still.... not much.

This is when I started to get... doubtful and extremely skeptical of the product.

At this point I decided everything I had felt prior was all in my head, and it wasn't really making a difference.

Not even... 2 minutes later, I started to feel something. This time, it was coming on hard and faster than the previous night. I remember actually laughing... thinking how funny it was that just moments ago, I thought this stuff didnt work for me.

At first it was the same as last night. Tingling, kind of being all up in my head, and almost a warming sensation. Before I knew it, I was almost like... tripping out. I have never felt something like this before. I felt almost dizzy, but not in a way that gets me sick. I was extremely happy and nothing could phase me. It was incredible... the next time it happens, I'll try to describe it better, but it's almost something you just have to feel for yourself.

If for some reasons discussing any chemical is not allowed please inform me which forum rule I am breaking. Thank you
Old 05-07-2008, 00:20

Male from United States
Paracelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum

You didn't recommend selegiline, yet you characterized your product as very safe - safety includes absence of life-threatening interactions with drugs, especially drugs that are likely to be combined with your product (see my post above).

You have previously promoted your product by cross-posting on this forum, and you know very well about at least one another forum where you apparently went too far with your harm reduction and education. Don't try to tell us you're not promoting anything.
Old 05-07-2008, 00:25

49 y/o Male

Quote:
Where is all of this documented? In what journal?
These are my clinical experiences with patients looking for harm reduction.

Phenibut is a Phenylethylamine antagonist.

CNS Drug Rev. 2001 Winter;7(4):471-81. Links

[h2]Phenibut (beta-phenyl-GABA): a tranquilizer and nootropic drug.[/h2]
Lapin I.
Department of Clinical and Experimental Psychopharmacology, Bekhterev's Psychoneurological Institute, Bekhterev Street, 3, St. Petersburg, 193019, Russia.
Phenibut (beta-phenyl-gamma-aminobutyric acid HCl) is a neuropsychotropic drug that was discovered and introduced into clinical practice in Russia in the 1960s. It has anxiolytic and nootropic (cognition enhancing) effects. It acts as a GABA-mimetic, primarily at GABA(B) and, to some extent, at GABA(A) receptors. It also stimulates dopamine receptors and antagonizes beta-phenethylamine (PEA), a putative endogenous anxiogenic. The psychopharmacological activity of phenibut is similar to that of baclofen, a p-Cl-derivative of phenibut. This article reviews the structure-activity relationship of phenibut and its derivatives. Emphasis is placed on the importance of the position of the phenyl ring, the role of the carboxyl group, and the activity of optical isomers. Comparison of phenibut with piracetam and diazepam reveals similarities and differences in their pharmacological and clinical effects. Phenibut is widely used in Russia to relieve tension, anxiety, and fear, to improve sleep in psychosomatic or neurotic patients; as well as a pre- or post-operative medication. It is also used in the therapy of disorders characterized by asthenia and depression, as well as in post-traumatic stress, stuttering and vestibular disorders.

NeuroMD added 3 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Quote:
You didn't recommend selegiline, yet you characterized your product as very safe - safety includes absence of life-threatening interactions with drugs, especially drugs that are likely to be combined with your product (see my post above).

You have previously promoted your product by cross-posting on this forum, and you know very well about at least one another forum where you apparently went too far with your harm reduction and education. Don't try to tell us you're not promoting anything.
My product? PEA is available by several companies and has been for at least a year.

Obviously if you are on any prescription drugs you should ask your doctor before using.

As far as the other forum one moderator had issues and was punished by their admins (1). There are a few threads created only because the mods disagreed with which forum it should be in. So as they suggested In reposted it in a different section. I still post there.

If you like delete all my posts but it's abit weird to discourge information about a chemical on a drug site. I'm a proud moderator of a neuroscience site and have no need to promote anything. I don't own any supplement business and currently work as a medical consultant.

(1)

thanks for your posts in support and your offer of help.

i believe you've been answered adequately in both threads, but obviously feel free to continue the conversation(s) if you have any other points to make.

the reason i'm getting in touch is to let you know that we are having a word with samadhi_smiles about a couple of things. he doesn't speak for Bluelight.

cheers

Last edited by Alfa; 06-05-2013 at 23:50. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-07-2008, 00:36
Banned

Male

Well doc. You see. It is the way you posture. You take some anecdotal claims claimes os a drug forum and state them as factual. That kind of makes me wonder. I would have preferred if you said "some people on a drug forum have reported". But you posture as if it is established fact. And then you describe chemicals to reverse the effects with no evidence. How do you know these levels are not dangerous. Do you have hard data on what they do to the EKG, heart rate, BP ect...?

Reallyh when I asked for references to whan you say things "have been reported" I expected a little more than that from a physician. And as a physician what is your clinical goal of giving patients such high doses?

I mean even at the Chakpori Medical School in Lhasa we were a little more evidence based than that. Unless I am missing something.
Old 05-07-2008, 00:50

49 y/o Male

Quote:
Well doc. You see. It is the way you posture. You take some anecdotal claims claimes os a drug forum and state them as factual. That kind of makes me wonder. I would have preferred if you said "some people on a drug forum have reported". But you posture as if it is established fact. And then you describe chemicals to reverse the effects with no evidence. How do you know these levels are not dangerous. Do you have hard data on what they do to the EKG, heart rate, BP ect...?

Reallyh when I asked for references to whan you say things "have been reported" I expected a little more than that from a physician. And as a physician what is your clinical goal of giving patients such high doses?

I mean even at the Chakpori Medical School in Lhasa we were a little more evidence based than that. Unless I am missing something.
It's my clinical experience and it's an erowid report. I expect you to take it however you like. The 53 people I currently have on PEA at the doses prescribed have had no major change in heart rate, blood pressure, etc.

I was not aware giving a erowid report required clinical studies. It's a simple write up for those interested. These are some experience and like all experience are subjective. Take it as you like.

I don't recall stating anywhere my erowid report is based solely on clinical studies or should be taken as fact. Who said I gave my patients the doses listed above?

If you have double blind clinical large scale studies on all the compounds on this forum and all their reported effects (which you and no one does) then post it. However such research is generally immoral and illegal due to most compounds here being illegal.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:00
Banned

Male

Quote:
It's my clinical experience and it's an erowid report. I expect you to take it however you like. The 53 people I currently have on PEA at the doses prescribed have had no major change in heart rate, blood pressure, etc.
At what doses? Low doses or the doses you mentioned above. What are the doses youir patients are on. And for what exactly are they taking the substance. And additionally what side effects have you noted?

Lobsang added 5 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Quote:
I was not aware giving a erowid report required clinical studies. It's a simple write up for those interested. These are some experience and like all experience are subjective. Take it as you like.
Well I get a little concerned when a physician is quoting Erowid as a sole source along with anecdotal reports from a forum. I mean you are trained to look for more evidence than that. At least I hope.

Last edited by Lobsang; 05-07-2008 at 01:00. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-07-2008, 01:04

Male from United States

It seems that what you appear to be engaged in is reducing harm that you are partially responsible for (by promoting the product). Your "neuroscience site" seems to go a bit too much into what I would call pseudoscientific neuroquackery.

Regarding the "patients" you supposedly have prescribed on PEA - is this legal research? If yes, please provide a ClinicalTrials.gov link.

I agree with Lobsang, your behavior looks more like that of an enthusiast than that of a medical doctor.

If you still disagree about whether you are actively promoting PEA, answer this simple question: why did you break our rules by repeatedly posting the same post multiple times?
Old 05-07-2008, 01:08

49 y/o Male

Quote:
At what doses? Low doses or the doses you mentioned above. What are the doses youir patients are on. And for what exactly are they taking the substance. And additionally what side effects have you noted?

Lobsang added 5 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Well I get a little concerned when a physician is quoting Erowid as a sole source along with anecdotal reports from a forum. I mean you are trained to look for more evidence than that. At least I hope.
Who said I was quoting erowid?

I don't appreciate your tone. You disagree with how I posted information that's fine. Trying to discredit me based on it uncalled for. Respect does both ways.

NeuroMD added 2 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Quote:
It seems that what you appear to be engaged in is reducing harm that you are partially responsible for (by promoting the product). Your "neuroscience site" seems to go a bit too much into what I would call pseudoscientific neuroquackery.

Regarding the "patients" you supposedly have prescribed on PEA - is this legal research? If yes, please provide a ClinicalTrials.gov link.
It's run by someone with a Ph.D., Neuroscience from Johns Hopkins University. You really can't expect better on any forum these days.

Yes it's legal and no it's not research simply my experiences with patients along with other reports. As I said before take the information however you like.

Last edited by NeuroMD; 05-07-2008 at 01:08. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-07-2008, 01:10
Banned

Male

Quote:
I don't appreciate your tone. You disagree with how I posted information that's fine. Trying to discredit me based on it uncalled for. Respect does both ways.
Well if you do not like my tone I apologize. However you did not answer my questions in the above post. What are you treating? What doses? And what side effects have you noted?

Quote:
Where is this documented?

Thank you in advance.

49 y/o Male

If you would like to post clinical studies on 2C-I or any number of research chemicals discussed on this forum I would love to see them.
Silver Member

Male from Canada
Stephenwolf is captain of the psychonauts.Stephenwolf is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 263, Level: 2 Points: 263, Level: 2 Points: 263, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuroMD View Post
Provided you don't exceed the dosage suggestion and start low it's very safe for a healthy adult.

Yes you can easily buy it online.
not to cause problems but he did say following dosage suggestions is safe... he should have said Relatively safe not VERY safe. but he didn't say its safe no matter what or even non-toxic he said that if you FOLLOW DOSAGE suggestions its safe... i'd assume the dosage suggestion wouldn't be the RECREATIONAL dosage... DXM is very safe if following dosage suggestion... DXM may or may not be safe following recreational dosings...

I find it strange also that most people that were quoted at having a good effect found 1.5g to be the best effect whilst the Pickle,i.e, PIHKAL, says 1.6g has no effect...Regardless of any problems with this guy, Does anyone else have any info on recreational use of PEA? .

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thank you this thread was getting vicious
Old 05-07-2008, 01:12

Male from United States

You are appealing to authority and dodging questions.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:17

49 y/o Male

Quote:
Well if you do not like my tone I apologize. However you did not answer my questions in the above post. What are you treating? What doses? And what side effects have you noted?
Thank you that was all I needed.

I am currently treating people with Dysthymia and ADD mostly, however several healthy adults are also using it after expressing their previous use of various drugs.

Varies on the age and the severity of their condition. 500-1,500 mg.
At 500 mg very few people have noticed any side effects. Usually at 1 gram and higher a small % of people noticed an increased in heart rate, mild nausea, blood pressure that lasted 15-30 mins. Some people who have taken higher than recommended have reported increased sweating, feeling warm, and euphoria.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:18
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuroMD View Post
If you would like to post clinical studies on 2C-I or any number of research chemicals discussed on this forum I would love to see them.
No they did not make the claims you did. And they are not physicians. I do not understand why you will not answer the questions in my post above? They are straight forward.

I am curious what med school you went to and what was your residency in and where did you do it?

Thanks!
Old 05-07-2008, 01:23

49 y/o Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenwolf View Post
not to cause problems but he did say following dosage suggestions is safe... he should have said Relatively safe not VERY safe. but he didn't say its safe no matter what or even non-toxic he said that if you FOLLOW DOSAGE suggestions its safe... i'd assume the dosage suggestion wouldn't be the RECREATIONAL dosage... DXM is very safe if following dosage suggestion... DXM may or may not be safe following recreational dosings...

I find it strange also that most people that were quoted at having a good effect found 1.5g to be the best effect whilst the Pickle,i.e, PIHKAL, says 1.6g has no effect...Regardless of any problems with this guy, Does anyone else have any info on recreational use of PEA? .
I define safe as no reason to expect a serious reaction. It's an endogenous compound and broken down within an hour or so. Hence generally safe when taken in recommended doses on the bottle. Anyone taken in very high doses can cause unwanted or undesired effects.

Since I obviously do not expect to be taken at face value I've posted several other reports online. PIHKAL has tried many drugs and may have build up some tolerance. Trial and error of various doses can help determine the ideal dose for someone.

NeuroMD added 1 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Quote:
No they did not make the claims you did. And they are not physicians. I do not understand why you will not answer the questions in my post above? They are straight forward.

I am curious what med school you went to and what was your residency in and where did you do it?

Thanks!
I did not "make" this claims either I am simply reporting what some people have experienced. Is that allowed without the 3rd degree?

While I'm not going to put up my life story.

My degree is from Albany Medical College, New York 1989

Your welcome.

Last edited by NeuroMD; 05-07-2008 at 01:25. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, amphetamine, antidepressant, ascorbic acid, caffeine, cannabis, clinical studies, dietary, dysthymia, gaba, harm reduction, huge doses, legal research, low dosage, mdma, merck, neuroscience, nootropic, nootropics, pharmacology, phenethylamine, pihkal, pubmed, research chemical, research chemicals, russia, shulgin, sweating, tolerance