Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Cannabis
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cannabis Use, cultivation & production of Marijuana, Hashish, Ice-o-lator & Hemp.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:51

Male from United Kingdom
Chemically_Altered should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Is cannabis a laxative?

Dunno if it's just me but whenever i smoke a shotty/bong afterwards i need a shit obviously i kinda needed a shit before but it makes me need one more

Post Quality Evaluations:
Read rules. Use SWIM
Old 05-03-2008, 13:37
Gold Member

Female from Earth
Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.
Points: 1,324, Level: 5 Points: 1,324, Level: 5 Points: 1,324, Level: 5
Activity: 8.9% Activity: 8.9% Activity: 8.9%
Re: Is cannabis a laxative?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemically_Altered View Post
Dunno if it's just me but whenever i smoke a shotty/bong afterwards i need a shit obviously i kinda needed a shit before but it makes me need one more
First

Read rules. SWIM smokes bongs.

Also shotties being mixed with tobacco and weed would not surprise me, but no swia has no need to poop when she smokes.

Maybe it could be swiy. try going before hand, maybe smoke decent weed. rather then dubious street crap.
Old 05-03-2008, 23:48
Silver Member

Female
neko86 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

my kitten does not believe that [my kitten has nothing to back what she is saying, its just what she thinks] cannabis acts as a laxitive, however does believe it does affect the stomach in some way [but only after prolonged use]
my kitten finds that food in her system doesnt last very long [not straight away, around 2 hours max] but thinks it could be the matabolic system? does cannabis affect the metabolic system?
Old 06-03-2008, 00:50
Silver Member

Male from United States
Digemlo is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 171, Level: 2 Points: 171, Level: 2 Points: 171, Level: 2

Some cannabinoids act partially as diuretics, so yes, this is possible.

Some of them also tend to speed up metabolism, not sure specifically where, but in general, yes.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:41
Gold Member

Female from Earth
Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko86 View Post
however does believe it does affect the stomach in some way [but only after prolonged use]
Oh yes, it can increase the amount people eat when they smoke so that would cause more poop-age maybe if one was to eat to excess. swia has never had any laxative effects with weed and she has been a daily smoker for years. shes not saying it cant happen, when ya got to go ya gotta go. she say it depends on a person metabolism.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:46
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Bermuda
enquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

It works as one for SWIM, especially mixed with tobacco!
Old 06-03-2008, 06:51
Gold Member

Female from Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by enquirewithin View Post
hmmm swia dont smoke with tobacco, so it makes me wonder if its either indica strains or people who have tobacco with it. makes sense.

another reason not to pollute green with tobacco.
Old 06-03-2008, 18:27

Male from United Kingdom
Chemically_Altered should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enquirewithin View Post
Thats probably why then i only really smoke cannabis in shotties which have to contain tobacco so i guess thats it
Old 06-03-2008, 18:49
Gold Member

34 y/o Male from Earth
rocksmokinmachine really knows their shit.rocksmokinmachine really knows their shit.rocksmokinmachine really knows their shit.rocksmokinmachine really knows their shit.rocksmokinmachine really knows their shit.rocksmokinmachine really knows their shit.rocksmokinmachine really knows their shit.rocksmokinmachine really knows their shit.
Points: 1,494, Level: 5 Points: 1,494, Level: 5 Points: 1,494, Level: 5
Activity: 4.1% Activity: 4.1% Activity: 4.1%

Cannbis has anti-inflammatory, sedative, anticonvulsive, and laxative actions.

Even more reasons why medicinal cannabis should be available.
Old 06-03-2008, 19:16
Silver Member

Male from United States
Matt The Funk is captain of the psychonauts.Matt The Funk is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1

Cannabis eases SWIMs nausea from medications and anxiety. So in other words it does the exact opposite.
SWIM didn't realize it had laxative properties. It really just helps SWIM's nausea a lot, or else SWIM would not be able to handle his other medications, which also help a great deal with his mood and anxiety, along with cannabis.

Last edited by Matt The Funk; 11-03-2008 at 17:59.
Old 06-03-2008, 20:04
Silver Member

Male from United States
Digemlo is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 171, Level: 2 Points: 171, Level: 2 Points: 171, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt The Funk View Post
Cannabis eases SWIMs nausea from medications and anxiety. So in other words it does the exact opposite.
What?
Old 07-03-2008, 02:20

Male from Bermuda
enquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia View Post
hmmm swia dont smoke with tobacco, so it makes me wonder if its either indica strains or people who have tobacco with it. makes sense.

another reason not to pollute green with tobacco.
Must be the unfiltered tobacco or perhaps the mixture itself, because SWIM has stopped smoking/ ruining his hash with tobacco these days (very beneficial to his health!) and doesn't notice the laxative effect anymore.

Last edited by enquirewithin; 07-03-2008 at 05:00.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:02
Silver Member

Female

swim spins with tobacco so maybe thats it.
this thread interested swim because she is a frequent smoker and is constantly munching out, yet is a really small person and never puts on weight.. as mentioned above if it speeds up the metabolism, and also has some laxitive effects, swim wonders why one of the most commonly listed 'side effects' of smoke is weight gain?? it seems to be the total opposite for her.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:28
Gold Member

Male from USA - Ohio
bloot is on the way upbloot is on the way upbloot is on the way upbloot is on the way up
Points: 512, Level: 3 Points: 512, Level: 3 Points: 512, Level: 3

SWIM has a friend who would like shit his pants when he was real blazed .. Fucking weird.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:38
Gold Member

34 y/o Male from Earth
rocksmokinmachine really knows their shit.rocksmokinmachine really knows their shit.rocksmokinmachine really knows their shit.rocksmokinmachine really knows their shit.rocksmokinmachine really knows their shit.rocksmokinmachine really knows their shit.rocksmokinmachine really knows their shit.rocksmokinmachine really knows their shit.
Points: 1,494, Level: 5 Points: 1,494, Level: 5 Points: 1,494, Level: 5
Activity: 4.1% Activity: 4.1% Activity: 4.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloot View Post
SWIM has a friend who would like shit his pants when he was real blazed .. Fucking weird.
Lovely...
Old 07-03-2008, 10:45
Silver Member

Male from United States
paranoid_android is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 314, Level: 2 Points: 314, Level: 2 Points: 314, Level: 2

SwiPA doesn't know if any of the chemicals in cannabis act as laxatives, but has had cause to ponder this himself recently. SwiPA smoked a lot over the last week and isn't a daily smoker, and noticed rampant shitting. Then he realized he had the munchies all the time and wasn't exactly eating that well. Eating lots of sugary, fatty, generally-bad-for-you foods can give you the trots just as easily as a laxative.

It is possible that any laxative properties are purely from eating more and eating worse. It's also entirely possible that some chemical in cannabis is actually a laxative, perhaps a mild one. Combine a mild laxative with poor eating and you'll notice a major change in toilet schedule pretty rapidly, methinks.

Post Quality Evaluations:
good points
Old 11-03-2008, 12:12

Male from Bermuda

Maybe it just relaxes one...
Old 11-03-2008, 14:10
Silver Member

Female

my kitten can also relate to if she has a bigish smoke the night before, the first cigarette of the morning gives her a real kick in the stomach, but doesnt usually last long.. still unsure why..
any links to more information on canabis and its effects on the stomach/metabolic system/laxitive effects would be very appreciated..? this is something that very much interests my kitty.
=]
Old 11-03-2008, 20:10

Female from United States
nataliexcore is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko86 View Post
my kitten can also relate to if she has a bigish smoke the night before, the first cigarette of the morning gives her a real kick in the stomach, but doesnt usually last long.. still unsure why..
any links to more information on canabis and its effects on the stomach/metabolic system/laxitive effects would be very appreciated..? this is something that very much interests my kitty.
=]
exact same for swim.

interestingly enough though, everytime swim smokes a blunt with ber brother, he has to leave halfway through to take a dump. as do many other people swim knows.... it's weird. can't imagine it having laxitive properties. but w/e.

and obviously weight gain is a symptom because of the munchies. when eating semi-normally throughout the day swim doesnt gain weight on cannabis. but swim used to be obese and when she smoked, she would grub, and consequently gained a lot of weight.

Share this on:

Tags
bong, cannabis, cannabis effects, hash, hashish, marijuana, marijuana side effects, medical marijuana, pot, tobacco, weed