Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > SOCIAL FORUMS > Social Forums > Drug culture
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug culture About drug icons, drug idols, drug related literature, music, movies, art, conferences & festivals

Old 11-06-2007, 18:55
Gold Member

Male from United States
purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.
Points: 2,093, Level: 6 Points: 2,093, Level: 6 Points: 2,093, Level: 6
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
Re: Favorite Drug quotes

I dont do drugs anymore... Or any less. -Kid rock

Marijuana isnt a drug, drugs you have to do shit to it chemically, like add baking soda and water and stir it up, i dont know the recipe im just saying. - katt williams

Weed's a plant, it just grows like that, and if you should so happen to set it on fire there are some effects.- katt williams

theres nobody ever been proven to die from weed overdose, you might have thought that nigga was dead, but he aint dead he's gonna wake up in 30 minutes hungry enough to eat everything in your entire house, aspirin is perfectly legal but if you take 13 of them mother fuckers it will be your last headache. - katt williams

its 4:19 gota minute?

Life's a bitch and then you die so fuck this shit and lets get high.

Roll roll roll your joint tie it at the end take a toke blow your smoke pass it to a friend.

ABC, LSD, acid bears are chasing me , some are red some are blue the yellow one just stole my shoe, now they lay me down to sleep a bag of weed at my feet rolling papers in my hand smoke my way to the promise land.

aint nothing to it but to do it- snoop dogg

This is lyrics from a lil' wyte song i feel should be added. Sorry in advance if you disagree.

they always be askin what is crack cocain, crack cocain frys ya brain, crack cocain keeps me pocket change when i be on my slang, keep them thangs single solid or a brick up off the house try to snatch my shit without paying im blowing off ya mouth, thats the way it is up in the dope game have no respect dope heads with no brains and dope fiegns blow some big ass checks, straight to the liquir store thats were we rolling get my 7-5 (its 750ml or 5th) damn they close at 11 yes im ballin doin 99 work tha whole week to get that cheese and give that shit to me, bet you feelin shity fallin asleep on tha side of the street tell me how it feels walkin round not knowin whats goin on the only thing you know is im the one supplyin all the stones keep my pockets swole and ill be ballin on a fuckin slab (slab is road) think you dropin incisions in my business take your biggest stab yes i roll with dealas and my scrill is my priority bitch i roll with killas and these killas have authority.
The name of the song is "in the streets" most lyrics you find on the internet of this song are what they thought they heard and not what actually was said in the song, the part about "and my scrill is my priority, Scrill is not correct i dont know what the fuck hes saying but i "heard" scrill. the rest is correct.

Btw, swim is sorry if your suffering from drug addiction and this is not meant to make "fun" of anyone, i know its a hard struggle and you can overcome it and i do have sympathy for your cause and good luck. On a good note most people in this forum swim understands from over 2 years of experience on the forum do not suffer from addiction and the forum is a good way to reality check yourself and use drugs more controlled with a hell of a lot more information on what your putting into your body and get a heads up on addiction before it grabs you. Just didnt want anybody to misconstrue what swim said and take it to "heart".

Last edited by purplehaze; 11-06-2007 at 19:46. Reason: added more shit
Old 11-06-2007, 20:03
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

34 y/o Male
jux probably knows what they are talking about.jux probably knows what they are talking about.jux probably knows what they are talking about.jux probably knows what they are talking about.jux probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 659, Level: 4 Points: 659, Level: 4 Points: 659, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

“When I close my eyes I see odd characters chasing colorful geometric shapes in a dark and infinite limbo.... I have stopped closing my eyes.”
-dale gribble (from the cartoon king of the hill) after inadvertantly eating shrooms
Old 12-06-2007, 23:58
Gold Member

30 y/o Male from Netherlands
Pino must think in IUPACPino must think in IUPACPino must think in IUPACPino must think in IUPACPino must think in IUPACPino must think in IUPACPino must think in IUPACPino must think in IUPACPino must think in IUPACPino must think in IUPACPino must think in IUPAC
Points: 1,973, Level: 6 Points: 1,973, Level: 6 Points: 1,973, Level: 6
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

How can other people live through the day without drinking 20 cups of coffee? I mean, fuck. Those awful headaches...
Old 16-06-2007, 19:54

26 y/o Male
JOECAL420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

Rehab is for quitters
Old 17-06-2007, 10:13
Gold Member

Male from United States
purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.
Points: 2,093, Level: 6 Points: 2,093, Level: 6 Points: 2,093, Level: 6

Swim actually has a shirt that says rehab is for quitter's, lol.
Old 25-07-2007, 04:58
Silver Member

Female from United States
frenchywife is a decent psychonaut.frenchywife is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 270, Level: 2 Points: 270, Level: 2 Points: 270, Level: 2
Re: Favorite Drug Quotes

"I'm not addicted to drugs, I'm addicted to glamour."

- James St. James
Party Monster
Old 21-08-2007, 09:58

29 y/o Male
Charlie Amphlin is an unknown quantity at this point

"Faster,faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death!"
Old 21-08-2007, 11:41
Platinum Member & Advisor

50 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Pondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,048, Level: 9 Points: 4,048, Level: 9 Points: 4,048, Level: 9
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

"Considering the amount of stuff he did that night, I'm surprised that he only died".

Allegedly said about Phil Lynott after he died of a heroin overdose. I've heard a few people say that the quote is from Ted Nugent but I suspect that it's apocryphal.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:59

32 y/o Male
chemlove is captain of the psychonauts.chemlove is captain of the psychonauts.chemlove is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 258, Level: 2 Points: 258, Level: 2 Points: 258, Level: 2

Let me be clear about this, I don’t have a drugs problem, I have a police problem ~ Keith Richards

i use to use this as my signature on DF and have always found it to be not only a great quote but so true.

gotta love the immortal Keith Richard's
Old 02-01-2008, 06:38
R.I.P.

Female from United States
moda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medline
Points: 3,393, Level: 8 Points: 3,393, Level: 8 Points: 3,393, Level: 8

"Through all of history mankind has ingested psychedelic substances. Those substances exist to put you in touch with spirits beyond yourself, with the creator, with the creative impulse of the planet." -Ray Manzarek

"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

"I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself." -Aldous Huxley

"To fathom hell or soar angelic
Just take a pinch of psychedelic." -Osmond

"...The external world became changed, as in a dream..." -Albert Hofmann, 1943

Not really a quote, but a funny joke:
What's the difference between an alcoholic and a stoner?
An alcoholic runs a stop sign, while a stoner waits for it to turn green.

Last edited by moda00; 26-06-2008 at 09:28. Reason: attributing quote
Old 16-01-2008, 09:19

50 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Pondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,048, Level: 9 Points: 4,048, Level: 9 Points: 4,048, Level: 9
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

Speed is like a dozen transatlantic flights without ever getting off the plane. Time change. You lose, you gain. Makes no difference so long as you keep taking the pills. But sooner or later you've got to get out because it's crashing, and then all at once the frozen hours melt out through the nervous system and seep out the pores. -- Marwood in the film Withnail and I
Old 16-01-2008, 09:34

32 y/o Male from Denmark
ThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline Medline
Points: 3,449, Level: 8 Points: 3,449, Level: 8 Points: 3,449, Level: 8

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather!" - Bill Hicks

"A drug is neither moral nor immoral - it’s a chemical compound. The compound itself is not a menace to society until a human being treats it as if consumption bestowed a temporary license to act like an asshole." - Frank Zappa
Old 16-01-2008, 11:00

27 y/o Male
pedosintalgon is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1

Morphine is the best medicine ever! It makes you feel better even if there's nothing ayling you. - original
Old 16-01-2008, 14:14
entity of sorts

Male from United States
Shampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,787, Level: 12 Points: 7,787, Level: 12 Points: 7,787, Level: 12
Activity: 7.0% Activity: 7.0% Activity: 7.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by moda00 View Post
"To fathom hell or soar angelic
Just take a pinch of psychedelic." (Unknown?)
In 1957, Aldous Huxley wrote excitedly to psychiatrist Humphrey Osmond, "To make this trivial world sublime, take half a gram of phanerothyme." Osmond replied (finding the term phanerothyme, derived from spirit and soul, too cumbersome), "To fathom hell or soar angelic, just take a pinch of psychedelic!"
Old 16-01-2008, 21:43
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from Burkina Faso
cosmicruler is captain of the psychonauts.cosmicruler is captain of the psychonauts.

"I have taken drugs before and i had a real good time.....didnt murder anybody, didnt rob anybody, didnt rape anybody, didnt beat anybody, didnt loose ummmm...what fucking job....???............laughed my ass off and went about my day.........

Bill Hicks.
Old 17-01-2008, 06:18
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%

"Cocaine isn't habit-forming: I should know, I've been using it for years" Tallulah Bankhead

"My father warned me about men and booze, but he never said anything about women and cocaine" also Tallulah Bankhead
Old 17-01-2008, 07:05

32 y/o Male
chemlove is captain of the psychonauts.chemlove is captain of the psychonauts.chemlove is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 258, Level: 2 Points: 258, Level: 2 Points: 258, Level: 2

Let me be clear about this, I don’t have a drugs problem, I have a police problem ~ Keith Richards I love this line and often use it as a signature.

One of my other favorite quotes

"It [LSD] opened my eyes. We only use on-tenth of our brain. Just think of what we could accomplist if we could only tap that hidden part! It would mean a whole new world if the politicians would take LSD. There wouldn't be any more war or poverty or famine." - Paul McCartney, 1967
Old 13-06-2008, 10:14
GHB

43 y/o Male from Earth
MrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,133, Level: 13 Points: 9,133, Level: 13 Points: 9,133, Level: 13
Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8%

It is not possible to be objective about drugs if you have never taken drugs.

It is not possible to be objective about drugs if you have ever taken drugs.
Old 13-06-2008, 11:20
Ethnobotanical Cannibal

Male from United States
Bajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,179, Level: 12 Points: 7,179, Level: 12 Points: 7,179, Level: 12
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Study high. Take the test high. Get high scores!

- How High

And some more political drug-related quotes I posted in another thread:

"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either."
- Benjamin Franklin

"It behooves us to think that it may profit us very little to win the war on drugs if in the process we lose our soul."
-Judge William Schwarzer

"Perhaps to some extent we have lost sight of the fact that LSD can be very, very helpful in our society if used properly."
-Senator Robert Kennedy, 1966

"I believe that psychedelics used wisely would enable us an individuals and collectively as a society to develop a sense of core identity that transcended divisive distinctions based on national origin, religion, race, gender, class and political orientation."
-Rick Doblin

"Mistrust those in whom the urge to punish is strong."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"The prestige of government has undoubtedly been lowered considerably by the prohibition law. For nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced. It is an open secret that the dangerous increase of crime in this country is closely connected with this."
-Albert Einstein

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."
-Milton Friedman

"Every friend of freedom . . . must be as revolted as I am by the prospect of turning the U.S. into an armed camp, by the vision of jails filled with casual drug users and of an army of enforcers empowered to invade the liberty of citizens on slight evidence."
-Milton Friedman

"If the zeal to eliminate drugs leads this state and nation to forsake its ancient heritage of constitutional liberty, then we will have suffered a far greater injury than drugs ever inflict upon us. Drugs injure some of us. The loss of liberty injures us all."
-J. Kogan (Former Chief Justice of the Florida Supreme Court)

"I believe we have a right to eat, drink, or inject a substance--any substance--not because we are sick and want it to cure us, nor because a government supported medical authority claims it will be good for us, but simply because the government--as our servant rather than our master--hasn't the right to meddle in our private dietary and drug affairs."
-Thomas Szasz

"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."
-Terence McKenna

"We cannot, by total reliance on law, escape the duty to judge right and wrong... There are good laws and there are occasionally bad laws, and it conforms to the highest traditions of a free society to offer resistance to bad laws, and to disobey them."
-Alexander Bickel (Constitutional scholar)

"Policies are judged by their consequences, but crusades are judged by how good they make the crusaders feel."
-Thomas Sowell

"He had discovered a great law of human action, without knowing it - namely, that in order to make a man or a boy covet a thing, it is only necessary to make the thing difficult to obtain."
-Mark Twain

"For most of human history, even under conditions of ready access to the most potent of drugs, people and societies have regulated their drug use without requiring massive education, legal, and interdiction campaigns."
-Stanton Peele

''Finally, the fundamental flaw, which will ultimately destroy this prohibition as it did the last one, is that criminal sanctions cannot, and should not attempt to, prohibit personal conduct which does no harm to others.''
-Judge Robert Sweet (Former U.S. District Judge, New York)

"I, as a responsible adult human being, will never concede the power to anyone to regulate my choice of what I put into my body, or where I go with my mind. From the skin inwards is my jurisdiction, is it not? I choose what may or may not cross that border. ...I am the sole legal and spiritual government of this territory, and only the laws I choose to enact within myself are applicable."
-Alexander Shulgin

"Prohibition was introduced as a fraud... it comes to serve the devil. It comes to regulate by law our appetites and our daily lives. It comes to tear down liberty and build up fanaticism, hypocrisy, and intolerance. It comes to confiscate by legislative decree the property of many of our fellow citizens. It comes to send spies, detectives, and informers into our homes."
-Roger Q. Mills (Former Senator: 1887)

"Criminal penalties have clearly failed to prevent widespread use of marijuana... Law and health are two entirely separate issues."
-Bob DuPont (Former Drug Czar - Nixon)

"When even one American - who has done nothing wrong - is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth, then all Americans are in peril."
-Harry S. Truman

"For the great enemy of truth is very often not the lie--deliberate, contrived and dishonest-- but the myth--persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Too often we hold fast to the clichés of our forebears. We subject all facts to a prefabricated set of interpretations. We enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
-John F. Kennedy

"If people let government decide which foods they eat and medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."
-Abraham Lincoln

And the hypocritical douchebag himself.....

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."
-Ronald Reagan

BajEdit: Plus another one I just saw.

"Now, like, I'm President. It would be pretty hard for some drug guy to come into the White House and start offering it up, you know? ... I bet if they did, I hope I would say, 'Hey, get lost. We don't want any of that.'"
- George Bush, talking about drug abuse to a group of students

Plus my favourite Reagan quote, which is fake, yet still hilarious -----> Re-edited Reagan Drug Speech

Post Quality Evaluations:
Niiiiiiice! A good change of tack for our visiting friends.

Last edited by Bajeda; 13-06-2008 at 11:39.
Old 19-06-2008, 16:28
Driftwood

Male from Ireland
Lunar Loops must mainline MedlineLunar Loops must mainline MedlineLunar Loops must mainline MedlineLunar Loops must mainline MedlineLunar Loops must mainline MedlineLunar Loops must mainline MedlineLunar Loops must mainline MedlineLunar Loops must mainline MedlineLunar Loops must mainline MedlineLunar Loops must mainline MedlineLunar Loops must mainline Medline
Points: 5,164, Level: 10 Points: 5,164, Level: 10 Points: 5,164, Level: 10

No nation is drunken where wine is cheap - Thomas Jefferson

Listen to me and understand this: A man is not defiled by what goes into his mouth, but by what comes out of it - Matthew 15:11

However harmless a thing is, if the law forbids it, most people will think it wrong - Somerset Maugham

Laws are like sausages, you respect them more if you haven't actually seen how they are made - Bismarck

Reality is just a refuge for people who can't handle drugs - Robin Williams

Marijuana leads to homosexuality ... and therefore to AIDS - White House Drug Czar Carlton Turner, 1986

If God dropped acid, would he see people? - Steven Wright

good shit!

Last edited by Lunar Loops; 19-06-2008 at 16:40.
Old 26-06-2008, 04:51

Male
enderalex420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1

"...Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

"Ha you call me stupid for doing drugs? i call you ignorant for not doing drugs"-swim's response to a girl calling me stupid for doing drugs.
Old 26-06-2008, 08:30

22 y/o Male
Tommy the Cat is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

"I used to do drugs. I still do drugs, but I used to also." - Mitch Hedberg

"Cocaine is a helluva drug." Rick James
Old 26-06-2008, 08:50
Silver Member

Male from United States
tweakerman is captain of the psychonauts.tweakerman is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 202, Level: 2 Points: 202, Level: 2 Points: 202, Level: 2

Half the modern drugs could well be thrown out the window except that the birds might eat them. ~Martin H. Fischer

Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

Old 08-07-2008, 20:02

25 y/o Male
PuffinStuff 718 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1

Death comes at you no matter what you do in this life, and to equate drugs with death is a facile comparison. - Jerry Garcia

Take me, i'm hallucinogenic-salvador dali

Thanks for adding to this thread
Old 08-07-2008, 23:54
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Ontherooftops is captain of the psychonauts.Ontherooftops is captain of the psychonauts.Ontherooftops is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 359, Level: 3 Points: 359, Level: 3 Points: 359, Level: 3

"Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food."
Hippocrates

Share this on:

Tags
drug culture, drug hype, drug icons