Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Cannabis
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cannabis Use, cultivation & production of Marijuana, Hashish, Ice-o-lator & Hemp.

Old 16-11-2006, 20:42

Male
iamanass420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Smoking after a tonsillectomy

SWIM had a tonsillectomy 8 days ago and is really tired of living the sober life. He would like to blaze up, but is nervous about doing so, as he dosent want to cause any complications. Does anyone know if smoking will cause any harm?

If so, how long should SWIM wait?

Thanks!
Old 16-11-2006, 20:45
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from United States
Pinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,095, Level: 9 Points: 4,095, Level: 9 Points: 4,095, Level: 9
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%
Re: Smoking after a tonsillectomy

not being a medical doctor, swip can't say for sure but would suggest that swiy ask their doctor when they can smoke again. I would think that once you are ok'd to eat solid foods again then it should be fine to smoke.
Old 16-11-2006, 20:47
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.
Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7

Sounds like a great way to irritate SWIY's tonsils and make the healing process longer and more painful.

Any doc worth his Hippocratic Oath would have given SWIY some painkillers after this procedure...so SWIY probably hasnt been living a completely sober life.

If SWIY wants to enjoy some THC why not make some brownies? That'd be a lot safter than smoking. Wait till SWIY's tonsils fully heal before smoking.
Old 16-11-2006, 21:02

Male
iamanass420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1

SWIM wasnt thinking about the liquid oxycodone that was prescribed to him. I guess it really hasn't been the sober life. lol. He took the advice of calling the doc and they told him 2 weeks. Oh well, that means only 6 days left.

He cant make brownes, as he only has a bowl that was given to him as a post-op gift by a friend.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Old 19-11-2006, 21:31
Iridium Member

Male
Creeping Death is captain of the psychonauts.Creeping Death is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 1,555, Level: 6 Points: 1,555, Level: 6 Points: 1,555, Level: 6

Use a bong with ice in it, and take small hits. You'll be alright, if you smoke with moderation while your throat is still healing.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Providing medical advice that is contrary to what the persons Dr. has already told them... should not be allowed for liability.
Old 20-11-2006, 19:49
Ethnobotanical Cannibal

Male from United States
Bajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,179, Level: 12 Points: 7,179, Level: 12 Points: 7,179, Level: 12
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

^^^

I think I remember hearing that cooling down smoke with ice is actually worse for you, as it concentrates the carcinogens. I haven't been able to do any research on this, but it would probably be nice to know.

Anyone have info on this?
Old 29-11-2006, 10:26
Gold Member

27 y/o Male from United States
GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,159, Level: 5 Points: 1,159, Level: 5 Points: 1,159, Level: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajeda View Post
^^^

I think I remember hearing that cooling down smoke with ice is actually worse for you, as it concentrates the carcinogens. I haven't been able to do any research on this, but it would probably be nice to know.

Anyone have info on this?
But I would wonder what would be more damaging to a healing throat; carcinogens or the physical damage that burning smoke could cause. It really comes down to if carinogens can effect healing in the short term more than burning could. Still, considering SWIY only has to wait 6 more days I would say just hold out. No need to experiment and complicate things when a doctor told you it wouldn't be much longer until SWIM could safely smoke.
Old 29-11-2006, 11:06
Gold Member

Female from Earth
Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.
Points: 1,324, Level: 5 Points: 1,324, Level: 5 Points: 1,324, Level: 5
Activity: 8.9% Activity: 8.9% Activity: 8.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce View Post
But I would wonder what would be more damaging to a healing throat; carcinogens or the physical damage that burning smoke could cause. It really comes down to if carinogens can effect healing in the short term more than burning could. Still, considering SWIY only has to wait 6 more days I would say just hold out. No need to experiment and complicate things when a doctor told you it wouldn't be much longer until SWIM could safely smoke.

The carcinogens are more harmful. granted a long term situation if its exposed to an open wound then it potentially have a bigger crack at the sight. Yes the smoke may irratate it. The other option swiy could do would be to use a vaporizer in order to smoke your bud. until it has healed up. or patience is a good one too Hope that helps.

Share this on: