Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Research Chemicals > Piperazines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Piperazines Piperazines and piperazine containing party products.

Old 02-09-2006, 12:52
Banned

Male
Abrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,205, Level: 9 Points: 4,205, Level: 9 Points: 4,205, Level: 9
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Dangerous Drugs on sale legally (Piperazine ban imminent in Ireland)

The Mail
Mindbending drugs legally sold in Ireland are as lethal as cocaine, ecstasy and other Class A substances, experts warned last night.

Anti-drug campaigners hit out after it emerged that pills containing the stimulant BZP which is described by the US Department of Justice as 20 times more potent than amphetamines are openly available.

Packaged in pairs under the names "Jax Extra Strength", "PEP" and "Smileys" the tablets are on sale to anybody over 18 at the Dublin Head Store in Temple Bar.

Clinical trials have shown that BZP - the common name for the synthetic dug N-benzlypiperizine - can cause convulsions in otherwise healthy adults.

Although it was originally developed to help wean drug users off amphetamines, it has now become poular because of the similarity of its effects with the drug Ecstasy.

The Jax brand is marketed as being "a new legal high" that is "five times stronger than any other dance pills" while "Smileys" are described as having "E-sensory and speed-like qualities". Yesterday the Dublin head shop was selling two of each brand for €36.
Last night the International president of Europe against Drugs, Dublin-based Grainne Kenny called for an immediate ban on BZP and said "The fact that these drugs are being sold legally over the counter is a huge problem - the law has to be changed".
"Enticing young people to use drugs which are as bad as ecstasy, cocaine and other Class A drugs is appalling"
"These drugs are mimicing ecstasy and speed and have already been the cause of deaths"
Fine Gael Health Spokeman Dr. Liam Twomey also called on the Government to ban BZP.
He said "Given the nature of the drug andits status in other countries, I think the health minister should look at the matter immediatly and reclassify it".

A spokeman for the Department of health insisted the status of BZP remained under review, saying: "BZP is not a scheduled substance under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1997.
"The legality of all substances is kept under review, in particular if there is evidence of misuse or the drug causing harm".
BZP is outlawed in several countries including Canada and in every Australian state except Victoria - which is set to ban it next month. The Temple Bar shop also sold "magic mushrooms" until they were banned by Health Minister Mary Harney earlier this year.

The Tanaiste's move followed the death of Colm Hodgkinson who plunged off an appartment block balcony last hallowe'en after taking the hallucinogenic fungus.
Last night, Miss Kenny said that once "magic mushrooms" were made illegal it was inevitable that manufacturers would "get around the law" and come up with "other brands of drugs which were equally as bad" Whe buying both "Jax" and "Smileys" last night the shop assistant offered no warning of their strength to the Mails reporter.

However one of the drugs did come with a printed caution.
"Jax are aimed primarily at the experienced clubber and were originally designed as a replacement for people coming off E. Jax are strong, very strong.
If you weigh less than 70kg it is advised you only take half a pill."
Old 02-09-2006, 14:06
Banned

Male
tre2005be is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 394, Level: 3 Points: 394, Level: 3 Points: 394, Level: 3
drugs as lethal as ecstasy and cocaine??? ecstasy has probably killed less people ever, than the amount that die because of alcohol related deaths in a single year. the media really piss me off.
Old 02-09-2006, 14:46
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

42 y/o Male
Tzetze is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1
Quote:
Fine Gael Health Spokeman Dr. Liam Twomey also called on the Government to ban BZP.
He said "Given the nature of the drug andits status in other countries, I think the health minister should look at the matter immediatly and reclassify it".
This is the same genius who told us that hallucinogens are highly addictive around the time they banned the mushies.
Old 02-09-2006, 15:16

28 y/o Male
D.U.M.B really adds to the discussion.D.U.M.B really adds to the discussion.D.U.M.B really adds to the discussion.D.U.M.B really adds to the discussion.D.U.M.B really adds to the discussion.D.U.M.B really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,097, Level: 5 Points: 1,097, Level: 5 Points: 1,097, Level: 5
No offense if there is any wannabe politicans out there but if your an idiot then you'd fit right in with the irish government
Old 02-09-2006, 16:51
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Canada
Euphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline MedlineEuphoric must mainline Medline
Points: 7,411, Level: 12 Points: 7,411, Level: 12 Points: 7,411, Level: 12
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%
BZP is not scheduled in Canada. Don't know where these people get their info from. I know SWIM who was busted by police for having pills that the po thought were E, but he told them they were BZP. The cops weren't all that convinced and lacked means to test, so presumably to save government money and stuff they confiscated the pills and let him go. But they didn't say anything about the BZP also being controlled, and if you look up the canadian controlled substances act you will not find piperazines. Then again I think we have an analogue act... boo!
Old 02-09-2006, 16:51

40 y/o Male
empty head is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1
god dammit, why can't we just ban politicians instead? they have no clue about drugs, if they were to have an E for example they would soon be trying to change the laws to make them legal! swims advice to politicians is DON'T KNOCK IT UNTIL YOU HAVE TRIED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 19:26
Productive insomniac
Administrator

99 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 83,170, Level: 41 Points: 83,170, Level: 41 Points: 83,170, Level: 41
Activity: 48.5% Activity: 48.5% Activity: 48.5%
I suspect it won't be long, before piperazine products will be banned in Ireland as well.
Old 02-09-2006, 20:02
Gold Member

49 y/o Female from United States
Mona Lisa probably knows what they are talking about.Mona Lisa probably knows what they are talking about.Mona Lisa probably knows what they are talking about.Mona Lisa probably knows what they are talking about.Mona Lisa probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 674, Level: 4 Points: 674, Level: 4 Points: 674, Level: 4
Though piperazines are restricted as restricted medicines according to the MHRA, individuals in the Uk can still import piperazine pills for personal use from sites abroad (mostly New Zealand).

But if they're banned in Ireland due to the current media outcry, I would imagine that the media will soon follow suit here followed by a complete criminalisation of these substances.

Last edited by Mona Lisa; 02-09-2006 at 20:36.
Old 02-09-2006, 20:56
Productive insomniac
Administrator

Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Practicly people could in the UK (Besides that this is still illegal, because New Zealand shops are not allowed to export piperazines), but that is a matter relating to the UK. It seems likely that the Irish government will ban piperazines by scheduling them.
Old 02-09-2006, 23:11
Gold Member

Male from United Kingdom
turkeyphant really adds to the discussion.turkeyphant really adds to the discussion.turkeyphant really adds to the discussion.turkeyphant really adds to the discussion.turkeyphant really adds to the discussion.turkeyphant really adds to the discussion.
Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa
Practicly people could in the UK (Besides that this is still illegal, because New Zealand shops are not allowed to export piperazines), but that is a matter relating to the UK. It seems likely that the Irish government will ban piperazines by scheduling them.
There are places outside of New Zealand willing to import to the UK.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:08

42 y/o Male
Tzetze is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa
It seems likely that the Irish government will ban piperazines by scheduling them.
One of the main uses for the piperazine family is as a dewormer in cattle, and beejaysus boyo you never seen a more bovine dependant rural society than here in ireland boiiiii!!!! And for as long as aul' bessy needs to be yielding good for the aul' quota from the co-op, i'll be making sure there isn't a damn sight o' the worms in her, hey! Now I heard I can order a dose o' them, i'll be needin a good few now to dose the whole herd!

That might sound extreme, but rural ireland is so heavily dependant on it's dairy farming produce, that effective bovine worm killers are going to be nigh on impossible to ban. Sure they're perfectly capable of banning sales of BZP and Co. to the general public w/out scripts, but with so many worm killers used in the country, it's just going to be another readily available black market drug, and you can be sure that a few farmers with low milk quotas will end up shifting bzp or shifting it on to guys who can pass it off as something else. But then, when piperazines do make their way on to the scheduled/banned lists in this country, who's gonna waste their time with bzp. If you're doing something illegal, you may as well make it mdma.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:35
Silver Member

Male
Jimmeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 207, Level: 2 Points: 207, Level: 2 Points: 207, Level: 2
I'm not too concerned about this specifically. BZP just gave me a very bad comedown when I tried it. However, a ban on salvia is looking very likely....
Old 03-09-2006, 15:57
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from Ireland
Nature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline Medline
Points: 3,100, Level: 8 Points: 3,100, Level: 8 Points: 3,100, Level: 8
Some keywords in the above article to look out for folks:

The Mail - Ultimate tripe-spinning waste of pulp.
Gráinne Kenny - Delirious psychopath hellbent on destroying any form of recreational drug use in Ireland, laughable reputation.
"Mindbending drugs..." - Sets the tone of the report without even having to read the entire thing.

Same old shit again. Not that piperazines are really my concern but I disagree with the outlawing of anything of this sort. "These drugs are mimicing ecstasy and speed and have already been the cause of deaths" - Hmm...how about some facts? They mimic ecstasy and speed? How exactly? Is this based on anything other than some kind of arsed-faced presumption? Most certainly yes. Last night, Miss Kenny said that once "magic mushrooms" were made illegal it was inevitable that manufacturers would "get around the law" and come up with "other brands of drugs which were equally as bad" - That's the one that really pisses me off. Take another dig at the poor old mushies that have been ruthlessly banned although they'll probably start to sprout up all over the countryside in a few weeks. It's all BAD isn't it? All bad, bad, equally bad. Oh the horror of it all. Hand me a bucket, I think I'm gonna get sick.
Old 03-09-2006, 18:09

28 y/o Male
D.U.M.B really adds to the discussion.D.U.M.B really adds to the discussion.D.U.M.B really adds to the discussion.D.U.M.B really adds to the discussion.D.U.M.B really adds to the discussion.D.U.M.B really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,097, Level: 5 Points: 1,097, Level: 5 Points: 1,097, Level: 5
SWIM just tired Piperazine for the first time today. Quite nice. But anyway SWIM is just so sick and tired of when he hears about something that would be quite nice to try out and hey it's also legal and then by the time SWIM gets around to it. It's about to be outlawed and the government are claiming people have died from it. How SWIM wishes nettles or something along those lines were "Mindbending" how long before the goverment is saying "Careful now! Down with that sort of thing"

Pass me that bucket Nature Boy SWIM needs to vomit too
Old 03-09-2006, 18:26
Productive insomniac
Administrator

I have to disagree with you there Nature Boy. Strictly spoken they have got their facts straight, but are bending them to their purpose:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Boy
"These drugs are mimicing ecstasy and speed and have already been the cause of deaths" - Hmm...how about some facts? They mimic ecstasy and speed? How exactly? Is this based on anything other than some kind of arsed-faced presumption? Most certainly yes.
mCCP, which is a piperazine is held accountable for deaths in the EU, which occured when it was sold as ecstasy. I would not be able to name one piperazine product, which has this in it, so it may be totally irrelevant information. But who knows as many piperazine blends, do not list ingredients.
Several studies which can be found in the Piperazines section of the file archive do conclude that these piperazines mimic the effects of ecstasy and speed in a way. And the ever so pushy promoters of these products will never cease to promote thier products as replacements for ecstasy and speed.

Quote:
Last night, Miss Kenny said that once "magic mushrooms" were made illegal it was inevitable that manufacturers would "get around the law" and come up with "other brands of drugs which were equally as bad" - That's the one that really pisses me off. Take another dig at the poor old mushies that have been ruthlessly banned although they'll probably start to sprout up all over the countryside in a few weeks. It's all BAD isn't it? All bad, bad, equally bad.
Magic Mushrooms as natural drugs with a thick and valid stack of studies on their safety are much easier to defend than synthetic research chemicals.

I guess Miss Kenny is just what the media need to sell newspapers. I wonder if there's going to be a time where she will be the main story in the papers.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:41

Male from Earth
Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrad84
Anti-drug campaigners hit out after it emerged that pills containing the stimulant BZP which is described by the US Department of Justice as 20 times more potent than amphetamines are openly available.
US propaganda which is pure BS. BZP is approx 1/10th the strength of Dexamphetamine.
Old 11-09-2006, 22:12
Banned

27 y/o Male
Riconoen {UGC} is heading for the Darwin Award.Riconoen {UGC} is heading for the Darwin Award.
Points: 358, Level: 3 Points: 358, Level: 3 Points: 358, Level: 3
Thats pure DEA fear mongering bullshit swia dont beleive it.
Old 16-10-2006, 15:47
Productive insomniac
Administrator

Ireland: Legal high: the party pills stronger than ecstasy

Piperazines are going down in Ireland:

Legal high: the party pills stronger than ecstasy

By Mary Regan
PARTY pills five times the strength of ecstasy are being sold over the counter because the Government has failed to ban them.

The selection of legal, mind-altering drugs, similar to cocaine, ecstasy and speed, are being legally sold over the counter to anyone aged over 18, in at least 13 so-called ‘head stores’ around the country, as well as stalls outside big music festivals and gigs.

Support groups are becoming increasingly concerned about the recent explosion of pep pills because they contain the dangerous substance benzylpiperazine (BZP) which acts as a substitute for MDMA, the banned substance in ecstasy and speed pills.

Despite warnings from experts that they cause heart problems and panic attacks, the Government said it has no plans to ban them. However, it is backing a new drugs awareness campaign being launched to warn young people of the dangers of these “legal highs”.

The Department of Health said BZP is not a scheduled substance under the Misuse of Drugs Act, but its status is kept under constant review. However, it is banned and classified as a Class A substance in the US since 2002.

In a statement, the Department of Health said it “reviews any evidence that substances are being abused and are causing significant harm to public health. For example, earlier this year the law surrounding pyscho- tropic mushrooms in their raw state was clarified in the light of evidence of increased availability and significant harm being done”.

The National Advisory Committee on Drugs (NACD) discussed the emerging trend for the first time at a meeting two weeks ago. It said it will gather information on BZP and consult with its EU counterparts before making any recommendations to the Government.

Support groups say Jax pills and Smileys — both containing BZP and five times the strength of any other dance pills — are becoming the drug of choice for college-goers and even Leaving Cert students, who see them as a more accessible and safer alternative to drugs such as speed, Ecstasy and LSD.

Dr Des Corrigan from the Trinity College School of Pharmacy, said BZP is no safer than any other drug. “The main concern would be dehydration and the risk of heat stroke. The other concerns would be head- aches and a flu like hangover that lasts a few days. There is also the risk of panic reactions and high blood pressure. It would surprise me if anyone would think they are getting anything safer,” Dr Corrigan said.

Michael McDonagh of the Drugs Awareness Programme (DAP) said caffeine and herbal tablets have been around for a long time, but since May they are getting more and more calls about these pills, which are a bit more serious in what they contain.

“We are concerned that they will become a big story at exam time next year,” Mr McDonagh said.

DAP and the Health Service Executive (HSE) are planning an awareness campaign for early next year, which will advise young people, their parents, and professionals about the dangers of these drugs.

DAP said since the ban on magic mushrooms earlier this year it has received thousands of calls relating to Salvia, a more dangerous but legal hallucinogen.

DAP is calling for the regulation of the socalled ‘head stores’ which sell these pills, along with growing kits, pipes and other accessories.

Post Quality Evaluations:
wasnt aware of the fact that bzp was still legal in current country of residence

Last edited by Alfa; 15-08-2009 at 00:34.
Old 16-10-2006, 16:27
Productive insomniac
Administrator

Re: Ireland: Legal high: the party pills stronger than ecstasy

Expect more sensationalistic articles soon...
Old 16-10-2006, 16:35

Male
Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.
Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7

How does one arrive at the conclusion that BZP is "stronger" than ecstasy and that these legal pills are "five times as strong"? This doesnt make any sense to me! And watch, I bet the public awareness campaign for these only serves to introduce more people to these drugs, rather than deter their use.
Old 16-10-2006, 16:57
Gold Member

Male from Earth
Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,499, Level: 5 Points: 1,499, Level: 5 Points: 1,499, Level: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forthesevenlakes View Post
How does one arrive at the conclusion that BZP is "stronger" than ecstasy and that these legal pills are "five times as strong"? This doesnt make any sense to me! And watch, I bet the public awareness campaign for these only serves to introduce more people to these drugs, rather than deter their use.
It kinda makes sense but it just isn't logical. The average ecstasy pill contains around 100mg of MDMA and the strongest BZP pill on the market contains 500mg of BZP, simply 5 times the amount of active ingredient.

Post Quality Evaluations:
thanks for making that clear!
Old 16-10-2006, 17:06

Male
Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.
Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7

Okay, that does make...kind of sense...in a simple mathematical way. But the subjective effects of each drug are very different and SWIM doesnt think they can adequately be compared this way. By this reporter's logic ecstasy must be 10 times the power of morphine since an average morphine IV dose is 10 mg. Ridiculous!

Sky Walker, thank you for clearing that up though. I was wondering how they arrived at that.
Old 16-10-2006, 18:27
Productive insomniac
Administrator

That is not it. It has to do with the agressive way the piperazine pills are promoted. The product Devils claims to be 5 times stronger than normal party pills. This can be read in two ways: 5 times stronger than ecstasy pills or 5 times stronger than other piperazine blends. The writers of these texts are surely not ignorant of the double meaning.
Old 16-10-2006, 20:20
bananadine addict

Male from United States
radiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,470, Level: 12 Points: 7,470, Level: 12 Points: 7,470, Level: 12
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Quote:
However, it is banned and classified as a Class A substance in the US since 2002.
Class A? in the US? OK...
Old 16-10-2006, 20:54
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from Ireland
Nature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline Medline
Points: 3,100, Level: 8 Points: 3,100, Level: 8 Points: 3,100, Level: 8

SWIM woke up to see all this tripe splattered across the papers; front page, editorials, the lot. It seems as though they may have been saving this for a slow news day. Flicking through The Irish Examiner one could read about other legal highs available in headshops and some very inaccurate and misleading information was printed. Gladly there was no mention of mescaline cactus at least. It was sad to see very mild and relatively harmless plants like Blue Lotus being targeted though.

Share this on:

Tags
comedown, drugs, ecstasy, legal highs, piperazine, piperazines, xanax