Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Downers and sleeping pills Anxiety Meds, Sleeping Pills and Skeletal Muscle Relaxants

Old 03-03-2014, 23:52
Silver Member

Male from United States
smutt butt is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 74, Level: 1 Points: 74, Level: 1 Points: 74, Level: 1
Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6%
Re: What were Quaaludes like?

They were YUMMY!! Lemon 714's were everywhere at my high school in the mid 80's.
What were they like?? All the good effects of being shit faced drunk but none of the bad. Eating one pill for a 12hr "drunk" with no puking or hangover was so much better than alcohol.
Old 04-03-2014, 00:16
Mercury Member

Male from Ireland
Cone Master needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Sounds epic...i wish i were around then ha
Old 04-03-2014, 17:37

21 y/o Male from United Kingdom
arcticranger is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by been_there View Post

Quaaludes have found a home in South Africa where the drug goes by the name Mandrax. In its most popular form, crushed up tablets are mixed with marijuana and smoked. According to some reports, Mandrax is by far the most popular drug in South Africa, accounting for up 60% of the drugs seized on the country's street.

Not too late for a road down to Johannesburg!

What would be the best method of using this if one was to get ones hands on such a fabulous little drug?
Old 08-03-2014, 01:43
Silver Member

Male from United States
smutt butt is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 74, Level: 1 Points: 74, Level: 1 Points: 74, Level: 1
Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6%

Eat half a pill if they are the same as they were in 1986. Make sure you have a trusted friend with you that is sober if you are going out in public. A 1/2 would keep me shit faced " drunk" for 8-9 hrs. My memory was a little hazy afterwards but always had fun. Don't even think of driving.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:11
Silver Member

58 y/o Male from United States
whishing1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

i took in the 70's and another one called a s which was the same, we use to crush them and put some in our bong with weed and smoke,they made you numb and like you had drank 3 mixed drinks all once and lasted for a few minutes
Old 08-03-2014, 03:34

38 y/o Male from Earth
SWAGGER420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Feeling:
You get sort of numb very quickly then inhibitions go away. Of course you would go to sleep immediately if you weren't actively doing something. Quaalude’s were lots of fun

My Cat Has a bottle from 1979 and id say the closest thing to them are reds (Seconal) or a lot of Xanax n booze but not really he honestly like reds better but he luvs his Ludes to Mexico makes "knockoffs" with the

methaqualone and in Africa they use it a lot there to just find someone who has a legit connect not the shit filled with benzos/other shit in it if u wanna know wat its like but they r a fun ride my cats happy to come across them twice in his life... Reds n Ludes r the best but if u cant get it Xanax or Rohypnol n booze my cat says its close and says use at own risk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swagger420 good luck on ur quest
Old 18-03-2014, 18:37
Silver Member

50 y/o Male from Canada
Hover is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 111, Level: 1 Points: 111, Level: 1 Points: 111, Level: 1
Activity: 3.9% Activity: 3.9% Activity: 3.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantranist View Post
So how is the Quaalude situation in the US today? Are they even sold anymore in the states, SWIV is not talking about the actual pharmaceutical version, but is the drugs still made illegally and sold in the states? Or are they all over with?
Those you can get your hands on usually come from Canada where they are still legal, but rarely prescribed due to the vast amount of alternative drugs that work better. In Canada this drug was never considered dangerous but doctors don't like its very short acting span (about 3 hours) and weak effects. I was prescribed some about 25 years ago and wasn't impressed, to say the least. I think they are still used in surgery wards to calm patients waiting for an operation, in which case short duration of action is desirable.

Hover added 12 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smutt butt View Post
They were YUMMY!! Lemon 714's were everywhere at my high school in the mid 80's.
What were they like?? All the good effects of being shit faced drunk but none of the bad. Eating one pill for a 12hr "drunk" with no puking or hangover was so much better than alcohol.
You can get that with chloral hydrate now. just make sure you don't OD because it can kill you. CH is similar to both barbiturates and benzos albeit a lot stronger than the latter. Easy to obtain in Canada, hard to come by in the US. In Canada the most efficient way of obtaing it is to purchase it as an industrial supply, not a med. You can get a whole gallon if you fancy. In the US have to obtain with a script even for bogus industrial purposes.

Hover added 5 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

Quaalude and CH are poster boys for the bizarre scheduling of drugs in the US, which often has no scientific backing at all.

Last edited by Hover; 18-03-2014 at 18:37. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 18-04-2014, 11:37

23 y/o Male from United States
benzopiated is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%

Based on experience I found on imported (yet clearly illegally produced) Mandrax (methaqualone) from South Africa, I would suggest that they are most similar to Soma (carisoprodol) yet 2-3x stronger per dose.
Old 23-04-2014, 11:46

Male from USA - New York
languid is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hover View Post
You can get that with chloral hydrate now. just make sure you don't OD because it can kill you. CH is similar to both barbiturates and benzos albeit a lot stronger than the latter. Easy to obtain in Canada, hard to come by in the US. In Canada the most efficient way of obtaing it is to purchase it as an industrial supply, not a med. You can get a whole gallon if you fancy. In the US have to obtain with a script even for bogus industrial purposes.

Hover added 5 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

Quaalude and CH are poster boys for the bizarre scheduling of drugs in the US, which often has no scientific backing at all.
chloral hydrate (SOMNOTE) was discontinued last year..i had been on them a while..they were great. they do not make them anymore in the US
Old 29-04-2014, 15:47
Silver Member

50 y/o Male from Canada
Hover is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 111, Level: 1 Points: 111, Level: 1 Points: 111, Level: 1
Activity: 3.9% Activity: 3.9% Activity: 3.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzopiated View Post
Based on experience I found on imported (yet clearly illegally produced) Mandrax (methaqualone) from South Africa, I would suggest that they are most similar to Soma (carisoprodol) yet 2-3x stronger per dose.
Try Ethaqualone, afaik still legal in the US. I can't tell between metha and eta, same effects. But some of the benzos developed since the 70's are stronger and more pleasant to use: Rivotril, Restoril, Rohypnol (banned in North America though), Mogadon, Lectopan to name a few.
Old 03-05-2014, 22:34

Male from United States
Opiateboi is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Ahhhhh the almighty Quaalude!!!!
I was at my grandmother's house recently, last week, in New York and I was rifling through the medicine cabinet and thought, my grandfather had colon cancer so there must be some goodies in the medicine cabinet like morphine, oxy, what not... as I'm searching if find a bottle behind some old scripts. And it and oh my God!!!!! QUAALUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fuck me stupid!!! It was a brown bottle with the weighing in red "Quaalude 300" in a brown bottle. There are 32 left!!!! So after much research and watching wolf of wallstreet i fgure, WTF. so I pop one and a half of them, i think they are 300mg each.
So I'm sitting in the living room waiting for these bitches to kick in and after ID say 45 minutes i notice my fingers and parts of my body are numb. So I pop the other half oil and WHIOOOOSE it hits me, like a brick of euphoria across my brain!! I'm tuna just say it QUAALUDE IS FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!!! It was everything its made up to be. These were the roches ones and duck me stupid they were epic!!!!!!! Its users to compare it to any drugs we have around today, in opinion it was like Heroin, mdma, ghb, ketamine and pure euphoria. I wish there were still on the market. Put them in my script of soma and the airport didn't notice. Wonderful. I'm on these right now as I type this, sorry for any spelling errors lol an me anything while I'm on them cause this is a rare occasion!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2014, 02:21
Nosferatus Nosferatus is nu online
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Canada
Nosferatus is on the way upNosferatus is on the way upNosferatus is on the way up
Points: 519, Level: 3 Points: 519, Level: 3 Points: 519, Level: 3
Activity: 22.1% Activity: 22.1% Activity: 22.1%

You know when you're really drunk? Like can't stand up independently or without major assistance drunk? They're like that, but without the nausea. Everything's funny in spite of the fact you have no idea what's going on, you're thrilled to bob and weave about on your rubber legs (and sometimes hands), you're sedated but not enough to preclude a little mucking around, and you'll likely have extremely distorted or no recollection of the whole affair.
Old 07-05-2014, 21:45
Silver Member

Male from Earth
SideAffektz is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

how much they would go for these days?say If someone found a stash and decided to give them away would it be in the 10s?100s? Even thousands!? Hahaha not saying i found one( if i did no hesitation to gobble all them up like mnms.) just curious i want to start looking for them without going through the sciptz hassle for mandrax.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Price discussion of any kind in regards to controlled substances is not allowed.
Please read the rules, price discussion is not permitted
Old 07-05-2014, 23:03
Nosferatus Nosferatus is nu online
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Canada
Nosferatus is on the way upNosferatus is on the way upNosferatus is on the way up
Points: 519, Level: 3 Points: 519, Level: 3 Points: 519, Level: 3
Activity: 22.1% Activity: 22.1% Activity: 22.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideAffektz View Post
how much they would go for these days?say If someone found a stash and decided to give them away would it be in the 10s?100s? Even thousands!? Hahaha not saying i found one( if i did no hesitation to gobble all them up like mnms.) just curious i want to start looking for them without going through the sciptz hassle for mandrax.
Price discussion of anything but legal, commonly available goods is not permitted on this forum. Even if it were allowed, it's not like anyone could be of any help, this substance effectively no longer exists, at least not in North America. Trying to find quaaludes because it's a pain in the ass to get prescription sedatives is like going unicorn hunting because you can't be bothered to go the store and buy some hamburger. Your post also leads me to wonder why you would look for illegal, likely clandestinely produced methaqualone when you apparently possess the means to obtain the very same chemical by legitimate prescription, with the marked advantages of knowing exactly what you're getting, not dealing with the criminal element, paying less and having it all be nice and legal. I really can't wrap my head around why you'd even ask this.

Last edited by Nosferatus; 07-05-2014 at 23:16.
Old 10-05-2014, 17:14

20 y/o Male from United Kingdom
LordFarquaad is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I got some of these babies right now... they were clandestinely produced in South Africa. These things do not disappoint at all, but they are best smoked. I crush them up and mix them with tobacco in a grinder and roll a 'joint' (no weed though.) It feels like a combination of the disinhibition and euphoria of alcohol, the deep relaxation of benzos, the giggliness of being stoned and the body high of MDMA all combined. Recommended with a few drinks but not too many lest you vomit/pass out.
The pills are apparently 500mg of methaqualone but weigh 1.4g each so its a lot of binder to be smoking... does anyone know if an acetone infusion of this stuff into tobacco would be possible? or simpler I suppose would just be an acetone wash? It's hard to find info on this and I don't want to waste any!
Old 02-07-2014, 20:17

54 y/o Male from Mexico
SillyPuddyCisco is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantranist View Post
This drug was placed as schedule one before SWIV was even born, however he heres Quaaludes we're epic.

So, anyone who was lucky enough to take a few Quaaludes care to describe what they are like?

It seems it has much more Euphoria than Xanax or Valium, but what kind of euphoria? Is it like an amphetamine type mood lift besides not stimulating or more opiate like?

One was usually enough, two could cause you to total a car like most of my friends did while on them.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:36

25 y/o Female from United States
Cannabis Kratom is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Wow! Thanks for enlightening me regarding the only drug I could think of that starts with a "q". And I thought benzos were bad in that regard! Compared to quaaludes they sound like catnip tea! I just hope that my teddy bear never gets his paws on them...teddy blacked out once and did some ridiculously stuff on it that got him in trouble (driving was one of them, yup). Seriously though, some people can't handle such things well and quaaludes just sound like a recipe for a disaster. I would imagine that mixing them with opiates/alcohol/barbiturates would both potentiate the effects and make it even more dangerous? Any input on combining quaaludes with other substances?
Old 12-07-2014, 21:13
Silver Member

Male from USA - Montana
immortal agony is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 204, Level: 2 Points: 204, Level: 2 Points: 204, Level: 2
Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4%

I was truly born too late...Quaaludes sound like pretty much EXACTLY what I'm after. The impression that I've accrued is like a much more euphoric benzo, (like a non-sick/dizzy drunk) with the added bonus of an MDMA-like body high. Sounds fucking ace!
Old 25-07-2014, 07:22
Nefelibata

Female from United Kingdom
OneDiaDem probably knows what they are talking about.OneDiaDem probably knows what they are talking about.OneDiaDem probably knows what they are talking about.OneDiaDem probably knows what they are talking about.OneDiaDem probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,316, Level: 5 Points: 1,316, Level: 5 Points: 1,316, Level: 5
Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7%

I was lucky enough to be around when ludes were popular. I loved them. However, I am manic most of the time, and they had a mellow exotic all is right with the world effect. Sleep was stellar.

Share this on:

Tags
downers, lemmon 714, methaqualone, quaalude high, quaaludes, sedatives