Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Methamphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 11-03-2013, 21:09
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.
Points: 1,012, Level: 4 Points: 1,012, Level: 4 Points: 1,012, Level: 4
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%
Re: CRYSTAL METH "CRACKBACK" PATTERNS----- Any relation to purity??!!

Nm0205 - often an acetone wash is used. Examples of threads are here and here. More work, but better, is a recrystallization, especially a dual solvent one. Try this thread.

I found them with the search function, but, then again, I knew what I was looking for. Good luck using it yourself in the future, and feel free to ask if you have further questions and you can't find answers, so long as it is within forum rules and is in the appropriate sub-forum.

I'm really sorry to hear of your awful impurities' effects, and I hope you feel better soon.

Boltzmann.
Old 15-03-2013, 07:15

37 y/o Male from United States
garyglitter is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsarewhatever View Post
how shit cracks back is the BEST way to tell if shit is legit or not. for all a swimmer could know, he/she coulda been buying bunk for so long that they only get lifted off bunk and think bombay shit isnt good.

--- Ask any veteran swimmer, especially the ones that are too paranoid to go online and can't even check their email bc they change their pw too damn much out of paranoia..yeah, those real swimmers. They all know that

--- THEE BEST SHIT cracksback like a spiderweb. "DEM SPIDERWEBS" you can say.

--- Cooks and cutters are getting smart these days. Because now one can't just differentiate good shit from bad shit just by having spiderwebs. Swim has seen shit out there that, YEAH cracksback in a spiderweb form

... BUT REAL SHIT will crackback starting from the middle and going out. like a ripple. so
THEE BEST SHIT cracksback like a ripple and looks like a spiderweb.

--- AND ALWAYS ALWAYS ..the faster shit cracks back..the better.

--- ehhhh-its-aight shit will crackback from left to right and vice versa.

--- and this swimmer agrees with them other replies. shit that cracks back in a POLKA DOT/CHEETAH formation is bunk bunk bunk bunk. got that iso cut in it.

&&&ALSO, a smart customer/swimmer will examine how their first bowl cracks back and can be able to identify how great their connect is. its safe to make an educated guess that..

------- if your shit cracks back and you notice two different patterns, then you just bought a sack with two types of dope in it. some is probably bunk while the rest is legit shit. whether or not your connect is aware of this can determine how real of a hustler or dealer they are.
What does crack back mean? I've never heard that term before!

Post Quality Evaluations:
for getting the thread topic back to the subject matter at hand. Ty
Old 15-03-2013, 07:28

Male from United States
Szgeti is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyglitter View Post
What does crack back mean? I've never heard that term before!
When your twist solidifies it's called a "crack back". I'm assuming because it looks sort of like a little chunk of glass with a pattern cracked into it.
Old 15-03-2013, 08:02

44 y/o Male from United States
mthmnstr should review received reputation comments.
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

greyish isn't meth find something that does or does not dissolve the grey stuff, and in opposite of does or does not dissolve the meth. Dissolve one or the other and filter that out. depending on which is dissolved and which is not, either keep the filtrate, or toss it. either evaporate and rinse solvent (acetone is good if you solvent is oily, don't remember if it is water based) or rinse the filtrate if the filtrate is the meth. you must be able to rinse your solvent!!! don't do it if yuo can't clean the solent off or you could seriously hurt yourself I've know people that have spent hundreds tossing away stuff trying to find the right solvent(s)
Old 20-03-2013, 04:49

Female from United States
Nm0205 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%

Mthmnstr: How do i find what foes or doesn't dissolve in this stuff. Im totally new at this so I'm not gunna go mix a bunch of chemicals when i have no idea what I'm doing. All i know is i want that gray gone and the taste that comes with it!
Old 20-03-2013, 04:55
Silver Member

19 y/o Male from USA - Nevada
Darian is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 78, Level: 1 Points: 78, Level: 1 Points: 78, Level: 1
Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8%

A lot of meth on the street is cut with caffeine which also crack backs similar to meth but is more opaque.
Old 25-03-2013, 05:21

44 y/o Male from United States
mthmnstr should review received reputation comments.

If you don't have experience with solvents and rinses, you should either not do it, or do a lot of studying first. 1st thing, that stuff is water soluble, which knocks out about half of the possibilities, so start with trying to dissolve the good stuff and not the bad stuff. I will not say much more because I really believe you need to do your homework and understand the risks. You could literally use a solvent, not rinse it right, and end up with your death certificate. Look up water soluble solvents (alcohols). This is what you will need to clean off of the dope after you get rid of the grey stuff. So find the water soluble, then find another solvent that is not water soluble so that it won't melt the dope, but will dissolve whatever alcohol. Find several pairs of water soluble solvent and it's rinsing agent. Then take a little of the dope, put it in the solvent, in a clean glass glass. watch for turbidity, or, even better, portions that do not dissolve. The dope is in the solvent, the sand is the bad stuff. filter the liquid. toss out the bad stuff. evap the liquid rinse with the rinsing agent
Old 19-04-2013, 18:03

24 y/o Male from United States
GuerillaT needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nm0205 View Post
I am just wondering about the whole crackback pattern. Yes ive read all of your posts but this question is more so about the cutting agents. When I first load and melt it turns clear sometimes and other times its like a blondish color. Recently as Ive been getting to the end of smoking it turns like a grayish brown. Does anyone know what cut that could be to cause that color. I get an instant upset stomach and headache from it. I know I am not burning it cause I hold the lighter to far away. I am pretty new at all this so I dont know the process on how to clean or purify meth! Any help would be great!
I don't know how to purify it but I just started smoking it today after snorting for a couple weeks and not feeling any high from snorting anymore. I too have a brownish tinted color residue left in my pipe after I get done smoking it? Is that the cut or is that because I burnt it up?
Old 19-04-2013, 18:12
Titanium Member

Male from Canada
CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.
Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7
Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaT View Post
I don't know how to purify it but I just started smoking it today after snorting for a couple weeks and not feeling any high from snorting anymore. I too have a brownish tinted color residue left in my pipe after I get done smoking it? Is that the cut or is that because I burnt it up?
Unless you're extremely careful with your lighting, even good meth will leave little bits of brown residue. And if you're so careful to the point where it leaves no marks on your pipe, you're probably heating it too little, to the point where you're starting to lose out on a big hit. So yeah don't worry about the brown residue. Try clean it up every few bowls or so though. What works good is a q-tip, dip one end it water. Squeeze it so it's not overly soaked. Then dip it in cigarette ashes. Then use the ashy q-tip to scrub off the brown. The ashes (carbon) create friction, and make it "scrub" sort of. Then using the clean end of the q-tip, wet it, and sort of quickly wipe up any ashes left behind from the cleaning, then finally with another dry q-tip I soak up any water droplets left behind. I recommend this because sometimes if a pipe gets too dirty or marked up, it seems to effect how the meth melts, and burns, and smokes etc.

It could possibly be the cut, but meth is nearly always cut of course. Maybe pure meth does it too, who knows, never tried pure meth So yeah don't worry about it. If you over heat your meth, you'll know. Mainly from the taste. It'll taste really strong and usually pretty gross depending on the meth. Regularly meth shouldn't give off a very strong taste (though some more than others), and it definitely shouldn't taste gross. Also, make sure it's not sizzling or bubbling. This means it's being overheated.
Old 19-04-2013, 20:28

GuerillaT needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1

So I read all the posts still no definitive crackback pattern to determine how good the crystal is? Is there an actual answer to the question? Is there a specific pattern that results in high grade crystal? Or are the crackback pattern and purity not related in anyway? Very curious as I am new to crystal only been about 2 weeks, and smoked first time last night! Still going strong lol
Old 20-04-2013, 08:49
Diverboone Diverboone is nu online
Silver Member

42 y/o Male from United States
Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.
Points: 1,228, Level: 5 Points: 1,228, Level: 5 Points: 1,228, Level: 5
Activity: 14.5% Activity: 14.5% Activity: 14.5%

My pet turtle told me that with the increased use of Isopropylbenzylamine as a cutting agent many of the old indicators are useless. It look similar and is a structural isomer of meth, has the same molar mass and a melting point of 200c, both are HCI salts/ similar solubility, combustible liquid and vapors flash point 87c and extremely difficult to separate.

Spider web is the best description, but the above mentioned cut is a structural isomer, C10H15N, it will crackback similarly. Isopropylbenzylamine has a slight yellowish tint as a liquid but this is common with some meth also.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Beautiful info, someone who knows what they are talking about!!!

Last edited by Diverboone; 20-04-2013 at 08:56.
Old 20-04-2013, 14:37

22 y/o Male from United States
Ksoulz is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

From my experience cheetah dots = bunk.
Old 21-04-2013, 00:57
Back From the Big House

Male from Australia
Docta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,597, Level: 14 Points: 9,597, Level: 14 Points: 9,597, Level: 14
Activity: 13.8% Activity: 13.8% Activity: 13.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaT View Post
]
Is there a specific pattern that results in high grade crystal?
Or are the crackback pattern and purity not related in anyway?
The thing about fracture patterns made by solidifying Meth salt crystals is the answers to your questions are in the eye of the beholder. If you believe in this kind of thing then you can make a call on the quality or purity just by looking at it. I tend to look upon the reading of information from crack-back patters in the same vain as the inspection of the entrails of a slaughtered goat (Hepatomancy) or the reading of patterns in tea leaf's from an upturned cup (Tasseomancy), if you believe its true that's all that matters.

This reading of crack-back patterns in the bowl of a meth pipe (Scissio-Retromancy) is something of a new phenomenology that has risen over the last 4 or 5 years. I've kept close watch of its evolution and have found it practitioners lend some of there information directly from analytical and physical chemistry in how compounds and mixtures change state but as for the actual reading of the fracture patterns in the solidifying liquid that would require empirical evidence of comparison in a blind test so we need more information before a YES or NO answer can be given.

CanadianBakin seems to be the crack-back reader in residence here on Drugs-Forum so they may be able to shed more light on this new practice that has gathered such momentum over the past few years. I'm still collating information on this new science/clairvoyance and I hope to run a poll and conduct a blind trial of the Scissio-Retromaner's ability's by having them interpret some images of known purity.

We'll see how it go's
Old 21-04-2013, 01:48

22 y/o Male from United States
gmaster needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1
Activity: 10.6% Activity: 10.6% Activity: 10.6%

Sorry guys but I'm about to win this competition

Old 24-07-2013, 17:30
Silver Member

midlifer is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 324, Level: 2 Points: 324, Level: 2 Points: 324, Level: 2

I got some stuff the other day... first time this has happened to me. Takes FOREVER to crackback, altho it tastes and looks just like normal. I feel speedy, but not upbeat. I think I got reamed.
Old 21-08-2013, 08:57

Alwaysweston is an unknown quantity at this point
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

It's all a lie, just to state the obvious.... None of those pictures exposed dope worth smoking. You'll get bogged down instead of high-sped up-feeling good with that. Real stuff you want you'll know when you see it. If its questionable as to wether it's making you feel good or not, it's too late, your getting fucked, ditch the crap.
Old 28-12-2013, 00:51

ReeseWitherfork is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 91, Level: 1 Points: 91, Level: 1 Points: 91, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

I have taken some pictures of various crack-backs of good and bad stuff

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/album.php?albumid=3072
this one too
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/album.php?albumid=3060

I actually would love input in to learn more of this topic
sorry if I am not allowed to share albums I don't know how else to show the pictures
let me know!
Old 29-12-2013, 19:20

cheefergirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Freshly packed.

Not sure if this star-like pattern is considered good, but I don't mind it.

Just got this sack after having one that was pretty bunk towards the end. It was the slow-to-crystallize polka dot pattern. YUCK! Take my advice and don't even bother smoking it. That gel like substance does nothing but make me gag and feel shitty. I mentioned it to my dealer and the next day I got a text about some "new and good stuff" he had.

From my experience, if you say nothing about bad quality or quantity then they think they can rip you off every damn time.

cheefergirl added 0 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

Last edited by cheefergirl; 29-12-2013 at 19:20. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 29-12-2013, 19:57

Male from Central African Republic
speedfreak420geek needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthmnstr View Post
I will get some pics up soon. as stated, pinwheels are bad. Straight lines are good. as a matter of fact, while recrystalyzing, change the direction of flow of the melted substance. Be quick about it, because if its good, it can solidify faster than it can drip out of a pipe,(which ive seen form stalagtite structure out of the pipe. If, even after changing direction of flow, the lines still form in the original direction... you got the good stuff! The clearer, to "blonde" the better. Pink means acidic, while has a heck of an edge, that edge ain't the dope its the acidic nature. blue/green, either not cleaned well enough, which can cause leasions on the skin that well leak clear fluid for weeks, and at times blood, or it is to basic. Hard to tell, so clean it! My friend had to wear bandages around her legs for weeks so her pants wouldn't get soaking wet in her own fluids leaking out of her legs... The skin... not what you were thinking...
Thumbs up lol.
The molecular makeup determines different crystal structures, so obviously there is one ideal fractalization and variation from this indicates impurity. I'd think the impurity would have an impact on the subjective effects, especially when smoked due to byproduct creation.

The spotted "leopard" bowls should be washed out of the pipe probably.

Green and blue discoloration/speckled are generally heavy metals which are toxic
Pink color is residual pill coating that wasn't removed from sudaphed
Pink/red speckles are red phosphorus particles
Yellow/brown color can indicate either residual oxidized sudaphed coating or ammonia but generally indicating impurity in the production/refining and probably not added in after.

Does anyone know whether MSM is acetone soluble? Also, can anyone say they know how gypsum (drywall mineral/common cut) reacts when heated in a pipe?

Hopefully I wasn't too redundant lol
Old 30-12-2013, 19:39

28 y/o Male from Australia
Takotsubo needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Oh dear lord...

When it freezes, (recrystallize is a interesting replacement word for a entirely different process) the points of less heat freeze first and any tiny slight crest or bump, even if minute, in the bowl pipe, will create a whole new form, each time, pending on the heat and where it is, and when one point freezes, the liquid flows, momentarily, and freezes, at a density forming a different shape pending on the embedded cutters or additives or form of p-extraction.

Crap is polka, since its poorly cutt and the freeze is static and contaminated basically with different melting points and veracity.

How you melt it down... etc, too many factors but the crap you know when you smoke it... otherwise, subjective looks are a fun game of watching oil freeze. if it freezes quickly and at once, well done, you applied even heat, your pipe is well looked after, and, possibly, your gear is all one piece since it freezes very quickly... but then.. your pipe thickness...

the endless loop
Old 01-01-2014, 06:11

Male from United States
dragonchaser2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

New and good stuff?
Old 09-01-2014, 18:24

34 y/o Male from Earth
Shesgotlegs is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaster View Post
Sorry guys but I'm about to win this competition

Man! Clean that thing!
Jk

Came across this discussion through a google search and this particular substance will always hold a dirty little place in my heart, teeth, etc etc.

From my experience, the "crack back" we should look for is a fast and even one that doesn't change colors upon first melt in the ol tooter. If it goes milky, something's off. It doesn't always have to be cut either. It could just as easily be the quality/purity of the precursor. It could most definitely be over/undercooked. The latter being the most common. Also, the PH could be off. Really, if it's pure glass. It should melt as CLEAR as it looks in the rock form. It should go from solid/liquid/gas fast. And it should, as we used to say in the shitty little desert that I'm from, have LEGS! Sexy, long legs running across the bowl. Not multiple little spider webs, star bursts, cheetah what nots, and if it tastes kinda sweet and cracks back white, it probably is still ephedrine. Have fun with that headache.
Old 18-01-2014, 20:27

Male from Australia
Krystal meth should review received reputation comments.
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1

This is wat some of the product around my neck of Australia cracks back like, I believe it's not a very good sign! Wats ur thoughts? Another crack back pattern iv got latly has had no pattern at all will up load pic soon.

Feed up with the garbage meth in Australia ATM!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (64.1 KB, 145 views)
Old 18-01-2014, 20:30

Male from Australia
Krystal meth should review received reputation comments.
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1

No crack back pattern and no high !! Pure bunk!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (44.6 KB, 139 views)
Old 20-01-2014, 05:34

30 y/o Female from United States
PizellePharm479 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

Good luck figuring it out hunny; it used to all be MSM, which is horse joint supplements that you melt and drop your shit in to "rerock" it, or back in the anhydrous days it was b12. But I've been at this for sixteen years and I still don't have it all figured out. Lol

Share this on:

Tags
methamphetamine, smoking methamphetamine