Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Opiate addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiate addiction Support for coping with Opiate addiction and Opiate addiction treatment.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:59

Female from United States
Bang615 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Day 8 free of opiates. Help and advice needed.

I have made it past the worst of the physical withdrawls from opiates. I know this is going to be a long journey but if I can find just a little bit of relief I will make it, if not I feel i will fall back into that dark hole of despair.
My addiction was hidden from my family and friends, after my 2nd attempt at quitting they thought I succeeded... I lasted 13 days.. Everyone says it gets better everyday but then everyone says PAWS will give u setbacks sometimes... So how does it get better everyday??

I was 27 years old and got braces... Biggest mistake of my life.the pain was unbearable, I'm assuming its bc I waited until I was an adult and my teeth had been in the same place for so long. I also feel like a serious wimp bc I couldn't handle the pain. I started with 2 10mg oxycodone/paracetamol a day. Around here oxycodone are harder to find so I moved to hydrocodone/paracetamol. So there we go.... My addiction just escalated.

I was never prescribed anything so they were all bought off the street. Ok, so now I'm rambling...I return to work in 3 days and I have a physically demanding job. I think I can push through the muscle aches using flexeril and ibuprofen, but the nausea is absolutely killing me.

Every minute I feel I could just loose everything ( even tho it's not much bc of lack of appetite) . I desperately need help and will accept any advice given. I seriously feel like I have morning sickness 24 hours a day. The only thing that helps is alprazolam ( I am prescribed) but I don't want to get dependent on that now. (I'm still taking as prescribed by my dr.) plz plz plz help, really desperate here for anything!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please use parahraphing and line-spacing. Also the use of text speak is against the rules. Brave first post.
Thanks for sharing honestly.

Last edited by Smeg; 10-10-2013 at 16:56. Reason: More fitting thread title, paragraphing ang and line spacing, plus proper drug names.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:59

Roxy321 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Re: Day 8 free of opiates. Help and advice needed.

Hang on, you've come this far! I'm not one of the experts here but I want to tell you there is so much valuable help to be found. Did you see the sticky from Dickon about PAWS? I don't know if I can include the link to another post here since I'm new, but it is a lot of great info.

First of all, they say the initial, intense W/D can last up to 10 days; if that's the case you could be almost done with the worst of it!

Do you have imodium AD and/or any of the other OTC meds recommended? I read in several places that the stomach medicine Imodium AD contains Loperamide, which is supposed to help with other W/D symptoms as well, but you take it in higher doses (12-15 pills) every few hours. Tagamet, another stomach medicine you can buy anywhere, is also said to help. Drink as much water as you can, and Gatorade. Try to eat. Of course, anything healthy you already know about is even more important now, to help your body through this. Please, don't give up. Keep us posted...

Peace & Prayers

Good advice, especially for a first post.

Last edited by Smeg; 10-10-2013 at 16:48.
Old 10-10-2013, 14:00

PercPrincess is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1
Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9%

Hi Bang
You should be feeling better very soon! Congratulations on quitting!!
I've been there more times than I care to remember. And as far as PAWS goes, I would try not to even worry about that. It's actually not that common. I think sometimes people are just maybe feeling a little blue, and right away think it's PAWS.
You are over the worst of the physical wd. You didn't say how much you were taking, but at day 8, you will only continue to feel better at this point! Try to keep yourself busy. It's a whole new life without pills. You need to refocus all that time and energy you used to spend looking for pills, etc. onto something else.
It's a whole new way of living/thinking. You can do it!!!

Without really knowing the particulars of his situation, it's unfair to say if it's PAWS or not. PAWS is present with opiate/opioid dependence.

Last edited by Smeg; 10-10-2013 at 16:49.
Old 10-10-2013, 14:29
Silver Member

Male from United States
torn2bits is a decent psychonaut.torn2bits is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 179, Level: 2 Points: 179, Level: 2 Points: 179, Level: 2
Activity: 9.9% Activity: 9.9% Activity: 9.9%

I'm a man, when you say morning sickness..
DIY you mean nausea combined with extreme tiredness/ emotional... etc?
If so I bet xanax does help...
I say that because xanax seems to combat nausea for me Ive noticed..

I'm new to the forum aswell,however I want to suggest Promethasine (Fenegran) this is prescribed for nausea in the US,this medicine helps nausea Greatly & has a sedative effect aswell..
Hope to help.....ToRn.

torn2bits added 5 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

While off work try none drowsy Dramamine.. or Pepto to see which of these meds will help....ToRn

Last edited by Smeg; 10-10-2013 at 16:52. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-10-2013, 16:24
Silver Member

46 y/o Female from United States
Holy hurty is a decent psychonaut.

Hi there

I feel for you. The whole entire experience is just horrifying. How long were you taking these pills? Years and years? I was on pain pulls for my back for at least 6 years and had full shitty painful withdrawls for a full 30 days. I bet if you were not on them that long that you will be way better soon.

The plus side to this is experience is when you finally do feel well, you will feel really well. I had my first day of feeling good all day yesterday and I am at 50 something days off those devil pills. It is almost like you don't know how truly shitty you feel until you get a day of relief. I felt high as a kite to feel well and have the pain gone.

I hurt again today but now I feel hope. And hope makes all the difference no matter what the issue.

On my most painful moments during that hell I had two things that helped when I felt like I was going to fall off the cliff into darkness. It was sitting in a hot tub with my headphones in my ears and loud rockin upbeat songs. I think the loud music scrambles your brain and makes the hurt less. Idk. It worked for me.

Your gut issues I have no idea other than the stuff you are taking. I bet that stops soon. My gut was kind of better around day 10.

There is hope and you will get through this. Think how strong you will be in the end. Hang on. Hope is around the corner.

Supportive and helpful.

Last edited by Smeg; 10-10-2013 at 16:53.
Old 10-10-2013, 17:52
Titanium Member

21 y/o Male from United States
Poppyfiend probably knows what they are talking about.Poppyfiend probably knows what they are talking about.Poppyfiend probably knows what they are talking about.Poppyfiend probably knows what they are talking about.Poppyfiend probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 754, Level: 4 Points: 754, Level: 4 Points: 754, Level: 4
Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4%

Hi Bang,

You're doing great, congrats on making it to day 8. The first week is the hardest part of the whole withdrawal process. It does get better, each day does get a little better, but not always in a drastic way. I'm over 90 days clean and just looking back to a week and a half ago, a lot has changed. Think back to day 1 or 2 and I'm sure day 8 is feeling a lot better. It's a long journey like you said, but you can do it.

Try and get as much exercise as possible, even just walking or jogging around the block. Eat healthy meals and try to stay away from alcohol and caffeine if it gives you anxiety. For nausea, you may want to try ginger or Benadryl (diphenhydramine) helps nausea, in my experience anyways. Good luck and you can always talk to anyone here on Drugs-Forum, I would be glad to do anything I can to help, be safe and keep on pushing through, you can do it.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:09

Thank you all sooooo much for the support and advice. Percprincess and Holy, I was up to 100 mg of hydro a day addiction lasted almost 2 years. I always stayed away from posting bc I've read about ppl with much bigger demons and beat them and I felt ashamed that I couldn't beat mine.
Torn, I've been taking my Xanax but they don't subside the sickness for long. The morning sickness affect feels like a pit in the bottom of my stomach that is ready to come up any minute. Certain smells make it worse, when my Saint Bernard drools on me I just wanna lose it and sitting still I'm fine but as soon as I move it feels like I'm gonna let it all go....I return to work in 2 nights and I'm super scared bc work is a big trigger for me. I can't remember the last time I worked and wasn't taking pills.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:57
Titanium Member

30 y/o Female from United States
Rosie P is captain of the psychonauts.Rosie P is captain of the psychonauts.Rosie P is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 506, Level: 3 Points: 506, Level: 3 Points: 506, Level: 3
Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6%

The work trigger will subside more quickly than you think. I ALWAYS used to use at work, basically constantly throughout the day, but I adjusted very quickly to work being a clean zone, probably because I could keep myself busy WORKING! Being home was always harder for me.

Congrats on making it this far - is today day 9? For me I've always felt significantly better around day 10.

Do you have a history of acid reflux issues? Too much acid can cause that "morning sickness" feeling. Try getting some OTC prilosec and taking it before bed, it might help!

Keep riding this out - the worst is behind you!
Old 11-10-2013, 15:38

34 y/o Female from United States
FactoryGirl1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1
Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3%

Congrats to you Bang! I too am on Day 9 without pills, and was using approx the same dosage as you. We can do this!!!
Old 11-10-2013, 16:17
Silver Member

Male from Canada
somniferum_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%

Great job! You've made it past the worst of the physical withdrawals.

My advice would be to push yourself to do some exercise. Go for a jog, bike ride, go work out, any kind of physical activity. Physical exercise releases endorphins which make you feel good, help relieve stress, and improve your mood. Exercise was always my go-to method when I was having a down day or moment after quitting.

Keep it up Bang615 and congrats on 9 days, FactoryGirl!
Old 11-10-2013, 16:33

28 y/o Male from United States
AD25 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I figured instead of making my own thread I would post here. I'm also about 8 days of being off Suboxone (I never cared for AA, 12 steps, or keeping track of how long I've been clean).

I was EXTREMELY fortunate, and always have been, in the sense my withdrawals never lasted more than 2 or 3 days, and the only real symptoms I ever got were the diarrhea and (the worst feeling/symptom on earth) restless leg syndrome (also, is there such a thing as restless arm and chest syndrome? Basically the same exact feeling only in your arms and chest?). So I'm about 5 or 6 days free of withdrawals and feeling unbelievably depressed. I've also noticed a significantly increased sex drive, and overall range of emotions. I was binge watching Netflix and ranging from crying over things that wouldn't have phased me on subs, to laughing at things that would have annoyed me, or I would have found corny before.

I can't stop thinking about opiates. During the suboxone "treatment" (just trading one opiate for another, DONT waste your time on suboxone, it's TERRIBLE) I never once relapsed or cared about taking the pain killers, I missed not having euphoria for 4 years but it didn't bug me that much.

Now I think of opiates like I lost my best friend. I think of taking a percocet and I want to cry. I feel pangs in my stomach (butterflies) like I do thinking of friends I've lost. It's pathetic. I know this is PAWS. I know it will get better. I know exercise and water help. So what? What do I do NOW?

Not trying to derail your thread here, just figured instead of making a very similar thread I would just put my thoughts and feelings here.

To the OP and anyone else going through this, I really wish you the best of luck. To anyone who might stumble on this who isn't yet addicted to opiates GET OUT NOW WHILE YOU CAN. I know it seems to get rid of depression, and your anxiety, but the day will come when you want to stop (or have to) and you'll only feel worse. I miss the person I used to be.

Anyway, I guess my point is what can I do in the now to make this better? Some Xanax or Valium would be nice because I'm only getting about 2 or 3 hours of sleep a day if I'm lucky.

AD25 added 2 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Don't mean to double post but can't find an edit button.

Tip: Aleve is the best for the body aches.

Last edited by AD25; 11-10-2013 at 16:33. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-10-2013, 20:46

27 y/o Female from United States
UndertheBridge249 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1
Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7%

Hey AD25... I havent felt it this time in W/D, but when I was really bad off the heroin, I would get the "crawlies" everywhere. Arms sometimes, FINGERS, chest.... You name it. My friend used to say it was the veins calling for the drug :/

I am so deppressed too... I sort of tapered with some Tramadol... (3 day quick taper)... then, I got So deppressed on day 5, I mean, I literally could not stop crying... so I took some more Tram... then Today day 6), I woke up at 3 am, started getting sick all over again, and took some more... I mean... being awake at 330 am, crying..God. The worst.

I have 5 50 MG trams left, and I'm just hoping I can somehow get through these with drawals to make it to the other side...

Not to mention, I have family coming into town. This is literally my WORST nightmare.
Old 11-10-2013, 22:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndertheBridge249 View Post
Hey AD25... I havent felt it this time in W/D, but when I was really bad off the heroin, I would get the "crawlies" everywhere. Arms sometimes, FINGERS, chest.... You name it. My friend used to say it was the veins calling for the drug :/

I am so deppressed too... I sort of tapered with some Tramadol... (3 day quick taper)... then, I got So deppressed on day 5, I mean, I literally could not stop crying... so I took some more Tram... then Today day 6), I woke up at 3 am, started getting sick all over again, and took some more... I mean... being awake at 330 am, crying..God. The worst.

I have 5 50 MG trams left, and I'm just hoping I can somehow get through these with drawals to make it to the other side...

Not to mention, I have family coming into town. This is literally my WORST nightmare.
Basically exactly how I feel every day. On the first day of the withdrawal (which I don't even count at this point) I went to the ER immediately to try to get painkillers because that's my loser junkie mentality. Apparently in North Carolina (I just moved here) the hospitals could see I was on suboxone 3 weeks prior on a 2 week script (I broke the subs into thirds at the end), despite not having insurance and paying cash. The ER doctor refused to give me pain killers and gave me Tramadol. They helped immensely for the withdrawal but once they were gone the WD's came in full force. Terrible RLS and whatever that feeling in my arms and chest were.

I'm just so grateful I was somehow blessed with never getting WD's for more than 3 days maximum. Even on my 20 10mg percocet a day habit when I'd kick, I'd just kick really hard for 3 days and then feel how I do now.

This site has helped me a lot. All I have is free time so I've spent a good amount of time reading threads. It's amazing how many people are going through this. I don't know anyone who's been prescribed Painkillers who hasn't eventually abused them. I read a few years ago they were going to black list them, I wish they had.

I'd of been a dope head had I had a reliable source. Thankfully I didnt.
Old 11-10-2013, 23:38
Silver Member

Hi

Yeah the depressed feeling is frightening isn't it? I feel ok one day and out of the blue I am in a dark thick fog with no motivation whatsoever. It truly is a fight. I too am completely amazed at how many of us get so sick and then there are some that are ok after 10 days. It is taking me forever but I have had a few really good days.

Lots of loud music with headphones helps pull me out of the fog. But it can't be anything sappy or I overthink it all. The no sleep think just baffles me too, how in the hell are we supposed to stay sane without rest? I took an ambien one night and did sleep but felt like shit all day long the next day.

I am somewhere between 50 and 60 days and never ever dreamed it would take this long. My legs still hurt about 75 percent of the time, and about 50 percent of the time the pain is through the roof.

Good luck with being depressed. It is kind of fun to know that you are not alone without having to go to some group therapy session or AA. Nothing I hate more than having to look at a bunch of pathetic adults cry. We don't see ya so it's all good.

Take care.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:40

First off I want to say that you guys on this site have given me more support, advice and hope than any I have tried before and thank you all so much for that!
Rosie P - today is day 9! I have managed to get 1 more day off from work before going back so I should be on my 12th day clean when I go back. My past attempts I returned to work on day 9 so maybe the extra days will help. I do have GI issues and take nexium for it but it doesn't seem to help ; /
FactoryGirl- it really helps to know that I have someone in the same place as me, u are going through the same thing I am and we can make it!
AD25- we all completely understand the depression part, it's the worst! I have suffered from depression and anxiety for years, one reason why the opiates made me fall in love. I take medication for it and I still cry myself to sleep. I would never advise anyone to take Xanax bc they can be very addictive but I do have a script for those. The first 6 days I was averaging 14 hours of sleep( I sleep a lot anyways) now I'm at a good 8 hours using some NyQuil . I think my body is all slept out lol. We just hafta remember that it's ok to cry right? And when u get really down remind yourself that this isn't u, this is your body healing and it won't last forever. Depression is one of the worst parts but it will too pass. I read once before u can buy 5-http ( I think that's it) in the vitamin section. It helps with depression by producing serotonin but my pharmacist said I shouldn't try it bc of my other meds, I would be at risk of having too much serotonin. Good luck everyone, stay strong ( I will if u do!) and keep in touch !
Old 12-10-2013, 12:09
Titanium Member

30 y/o Female from United States
Rosie P is captain of the psychonauts.Rosie P is captain of the psychonauts.Rosie P is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 506, Level: 3 Points: 506, Level: 3 Points: 506, Level: 3
Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6%

Bang, your state of mind seems great today - well done you! It is awesome that you have a few more days off before work - I'll bet you feel a lot better on day 12!

I have done a lot of research on foods that help fuel your brain to produce its own endorphins, and things like turkey, tuna, eggs, bananas, lots of other fruits and veggies are packed with nutrients that help you heal faster. Plus drinking lots of water and tea (when I got the chills this was my best friend) helps you stay hydrated and flush the toxins out of your system!

Keep us posted on your progress!
Old 13-10-2013, 14:50

Day 10 or 11 here and every day feels worse than the day before in terms of depression. I don't think I've gotten out of bed except to move maybe 3 feet to my computer chair for the past 3 days (or has it been 3 years? feels the same).

I used to judge people who relapsed so badly, I couldn't imagine why they would go back after the withdrawals. Any time I used to withdrawal I would be back on the pills within a few days after, so it never got to this point. I have to say, the point I'm at now, I really want nothing more than to die.
Old 13-10-2013, 19:41
Silver Member

I get it and I am sure everyone else here does too

Being depressed is the worst possible thing out there. I felt my very worst with pain and depression at day 12 and day 16. It is different for everyone. Then at day 30 I woke up and was in the darkest place I have ever been. It was so scary. A friend took me out for big Long car ride and we went and played pool and darts at some dive bar. It helped. So does this, I swear this helped me. Put you ear buds in your music device and pick your favorite rock song. Crank it up until it almost hurts your ears and rock out. This would make my pain go away for at least the duration of the song. I played one done 263 times during this time. I read this article recently about music and pain. And there is science behind this. It is like it confuses your brain away from the owies. It worked for me. Your dog or roommates may think you are nuts but? The misery has a window to climb out of.

Stick with this. I had one day at 50 days off where I felt better than I have in 2o years. The next day sucked, but at least there is hope to feel that way every day in the future.

You got this!
Old 14-10-2013, 01:46

I actually randomly feel a lot better. I don't know what it is, but I'm not complaining. Maybe it was actually answering the phone when a friend called, maybe I ate something good and it's flushing out the toxins more. Whatever it is, I'm grateful. I lost that "lost friend" feeling in the pit of my stomach.

As for rock, I don't like it. I hate loud music. Not to say I don't like listening to music loudly, I just don't like LOUD music. The Beatles is the only rock I like. I'm more into easy listening/old rap/classical. Strange tastes, I know.

I've noticed podcasts actually make me feel a hell of a lot better too. And ibuprofen, definitely worked better than the Aleve, unless it was coincidental, about an hour after the ibuprofen the depression subsided greatly.

I don't mean to flood this section, I just have a ton of free time on my hands.

To make my post worth something, here are some tips I found online for people still withdrawing.

I tried posting some help with drawals link but it wouldn't let me. I copied and pasted the information and got the same error, so if anyone wants it, I'll keep it open in my browser for a couple of days and would be happy to link you to it.
Old 14-10-2013, 02:32

Hey! We're all still hanging in there! I think today is day 11 for me? Lol I lost track of time for a few days. I was lying in bed a few days ago and I started to cry....I realized I was crying because I was happy?!?! This May have only lasted a little while but I got a glimpse of how I'm gonna feel when it's all over. AD25 hang in there, I would have never imagined I would be saying that 11 days ago but I am now! We can do this!

Share this on:

Tags
opiate addiction, oxycodone, oxycodone addiction, withdrawal