Register Tags

Notices

Old 17-12-2012, 06:49

Female from Canada
dengirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Using Fentanyl Patches Recreationally

It seems the patch works well for pain management but several tries at buccal or sublingual administration failed. It doesn't produce even a slight buz. It's been chewed and stuck between cheek and teeth as well as under the tongue. Using a 75 mcg(?) not sure on the letter after 75. The patch has been chewed and used in this manner for almost 3 hours without any results. Does anyone have any idea on why this is happening? Or what can be done to increase absorption or assist with increasing it's strength while used in this way. Any assistance is appreciated.
Old 17-12-2012, 19:48
Banned

32 y/o Male from Canada
PharmaCycle is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%

Please understand this, even if you or your friends are not opiod neieve, fentanyl can fucking kill you!

I've been prescribed fentanyl for over 5 years for serious pain problems. It is not in any way comparable to any other drug in its field, not morphine or oxy or hydromorph or even heroin.

Fentanyl is not only a pain med it is also an anesthetic. It shuts down the body in preparation for invasive surgery when used in clinical IV doses. If you IV or even IM fentanyl outside the operating system room you are probably going to die, unless you have a ventilator and a friend who can tube you when you blackout. If you fuck around smoking or sucking fentanyl you will inadvertently increase your opiod tolerance to extreme levels. Your doc will know when your suddenly running through a month of your usual oxy or morphine in 3 day and then where will you be?

My last surgery, the night before when I was in the hospital ward it took 400mg IM Demerol every 3 hours to keep me from screaming out in pain! You do not want that kind of tolerance or the seizures that come with that much Demerol (stupid doc's left an open order for that dose of Demerol all night with no other alternatives, after a few Demerol induced seizures they got smart and switched to a hydromorph pain pump).

Fentanyl has been over prescribed in many respects because of the application method. You see the attraction from a doc's point of view, "I'll give you these patches, if you want more you'll bring me in the used ones to prove that your not selling it". Getting off fentanyl is hard enough when it's used as prescribed. Abuse it and you will be lucky if you can find a maintenance program that will be able to help you. There are so many opiods out there that are not as ridiculously dangerous as fentanyl, I just don't understand the attraction relative to the risk.

On a related topic:

In Canada, the Canadian College of Physicians is coming down hard on doc's who prescribed pain killers in quantity, regardless of the patients need. Many doc's are getting out of the pain treatment game, sending their patients to clinics that push methadone like it's a one stop cure for everything and everyone. If your abusing your prescribed fentanyl in Canada and your doc suddenly tells you he's getting out of the pain killer game, you might be screwed. As of this date there really isn't a maintenance program that is suitable for extreme fentanyl abuse, so get ready for a crappy methadone program that keeps you in some kind of withdrawal while getting you hooked on yet another horrible drug that's hell to stop.
Old 24-12-2012, 10:04

Male from United States
Itchandnod is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengirl View Post
It seems the patch works well for pain management but several tries at buccal or sublingual administration failed. It doesn't produce even a slight buz. It's been chewed and stuck between cheek and teeth as well as under the tongue. Using a 75 mcg(?) not sure on the letter after 75. The patch has been chewed and used in this manner for almost 3 hours without any results. Does anyone have any idea on why this is happening? Or what can be done to increase absorption or assist with increasing it's strength while used in this way. Any assistance is appreciated.
I posted a few months back and I will share my friends experience. Through trial and error with the mallincrodt 50 mcg patches user found it most useful to take a quarter of a patch and chew the plastic until it became a tiny bit of plastic ball. The buzz is like doing 3 10 milligram percs. The best way is to retain saliva in mouth under the tongue. It is not efficient since fentanyl has low oral bio availability.
Old 25-12-2012, 02:32
Banned

32 y/o Male from Canada
PharmaCycle is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchandnod View Post
I posted a few months back and I will share my friends experience. Through trial and error with the mallincrodt 50 mcg patches user found it most useful to take a quarter of a patch and chew the plastic until it became a tiny bit of plastic ball. The buzz is like doing 3 10 milligram percs. The best way is to retain saliva in mouth under the tongue. It is not efficient since fentanyl has low oral bio availability.
Oral Fentanyl drugs like Aqtiq and Onsolis work great in treating acute chronic pain quickly. So sucking on a patch is pretty much the same thing. Except with a patch you risk taking massive and possibly deadly doses. The BA for eating Fentanyl sucks hence the need to keep the saliva in the mouth.

Last edited by PharmaCycle; 25-12-2012 at 22:37.
Old 25-01-2013, 08:28

25 y/o Male from United States
whoswim is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

my pet Trex named Fireball Jackson was presribed 50mcg fentanyl patches after he had to have shoulder surgery on his little should. the doc gave him 15 a month to take every 48hrs instead of every 72 hrs?

when the pain got really bad or he wanted to get a good buzz he would brush his fangs with no toothpaste till his gums were scrathed or bleeding a little. after that he would wash his mouth out with baking soda and water for a few minutes. he would then cut a peice of his non-gel patch and hold in his mouth between his cheek and gum until he got his desired effects.

when i asked him how big of a peice to cut he roared at me "it depends on your tolerence. if you can get a buzz off of just wearing the patch you should just wear it, but if no buzz comes start with small peices like an 1/8 of the patch and move up from there" he also mentioned if your visioned gets blurry or you start seeing double you should remove the patch.
Fireball Jackson also told me that doing this should only be done by dinosaurs that have a very high tolerance and experience with fentanyl.

p.s. sorry if their are grammer problems! Fireball Jackson spilt soda on my keyboard, and my keys only work half the time.

Last edited by Smeg; 25-07-2013 at 00:17. Reason: Paragraphing and line-spacing, and an extra punctuation mark to facilitate reading.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:17

39 y/o Female from United States
fent100 is an unknown quantity at this point

I use the 100mcg Mylan brand patch. I cut it in half and put a new one on DAILY. They last about 48 hours tops for me. When I do a full 100 at once, I start nodding off and getting really tired often throughout the day which is a sign of it being too much. But as far as cutting it in half and using 50 a day, seems to work great! In addition to the patch, I use 15mg of oxycodone 3x a day....seems to be the perfect recipe for my pain. I have lower back problems. Bulging disc, protruding disc and tear in disc. Anybody else share a similar story? Would love to hear from you if so.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:45

50 y/o Female from United Kingdom
zuleekha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I have just joined this site and live in the UK.
I have been using Df118 for about 10 years due to wear in my joints in my neck, back and now, my right knee. Had cervical neck fusion in 05 but the lower back and knee now have arthritus in. I also have ME and suffer with fibromyalgia and severe depression. (I am only 50!!!). I was having to use more of the pills as they were not working and was using between 800mg to 1000mg slow release each day - although I was having to crush 300-400 during the day to get some sort of instant pain relief.
Spoke to my doc who said I could go on fentanyl patches with oramorph for breakthrough pain. I started at 12 and now up to a 75 patch and using 300ml of oramorph over 3 days. It doesn't seem to be cutting the pain. I am just feeling absolutely shit (probs because I was told to stop the dfs after 2 days and also stopped my gabapentin at the same time, so was going through withdrawal whilst getting used to the patches)
But I am also getting chronic sweats but feel really cold. I have the shakes, feel dizzy when standing up, my stomach churns and I feel so shit I just want to curl up either in my bed or on the sofa. The last 4 weeks have been hell. Should I stop the patches and go back to the dfs? Is there any other pain meds that are better to be on? I'm scared that I'm fucking up my liver and insides with all these drugs, but I just cannot hack the pain. I am single and don't go out but thankfully have my 22yr old daughter still living with me - but she is going to Uni in September.
I feel so alone and so down...... can anyone offer any advice - please????:

zuleekha added 1 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Sorry, but being new, I'm not too sure if this has been posted in the right place.....

Last edited by zuleekha; 03-04-2013 at 12:45. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-06-2013, 20:36
Silver Member

52 y/o Female from United States
BreakingGood is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Hi Zuleekha,
This is such a long thread I think people get lost down here.

I hope you're feeling better!! I had a successful fusion done on the last disk in my back, everyone's impressed, they all say I'm in great health... but the nerve pain in my legs isn't even slightly improved.
I found a form of self-medication that keeps me from going suicidal and minimizes the cognitive effects of fentanyl. I don't have any pain if I lie flat on my back, so I don't take anything at night. My doctor thinks I wear my patches, but I found a quick-fix method of zapping the pain during the day so that I'm not drugged all night.

It only seems to work with the clear patches -- Duragesics or the generic made by Sandoz in this country. They're exactly the same. (So clear they're easy to lose.) I cut a patch into strips about 1x4 cm. When I need one, I dab the inside of my lower lip to dry it enough to help adhere the strip, since it takes a little practice to put it on -- and it makes it work faster. Then peel the backing off (which isn't easy either) and then carefully place it inside my lower lip. The total pain relief lasts about an hour. I can even talk and nobody notices I have anything in my mouth. (Yes, I've swallowed them by mistake, but without any ill effects.)

If I feel myself start to drift off, I take it out and stick it onto the edge of something to use again later. (It curls a bit, which makes it easier to store.) I feel in control of my life now. I don't take any pain pills at all, but keep my spirits up with strong stimulants. How are you doing????

BreakingGood added 9 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

Duragesic patches without gel (the clear ones with adhesive) or the generics made by the same company but called Sandoz are MUCH stronger than the big band-aide colored patches. See my post of 6-5-13 to get a real hit from it in an emergency.

Last edited by Smeg; 25-07-2013 at 00:33. Reason: Paragraphing and line-spacing to facilitate readability.
Old 04-07-2013, 00:50

47 y/o Female from United States
DebbieEMS is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

Hello, I am new to this site and always looking to help someone in an addiction or someone to talk to. I am a medic and I wear 100 mg Fentanyl patches every 48 hours.

This is a drug not to be played with. I see so many on here talking about how to abuse it, if you're in that state of mind you need help or kill yourself in the matter of 30 seconds, yes in 30 seconds, once that medication releases "Abused" it will go to the brain and everything pumped to the brain cells also runs through the blood line which is to your heart.
I have been on many drug abuse calls in my 13 years and I saw a man abuse Methadone "Liquid" I was sitting in my living room and watching him outside of his car, I knew what he or they were doing and within the matter of two minutes fell over dead! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. "I am not a doctor" although I am in the study. I am willing to help anyone whom is willing to want the help!

DebbieEMS added 12 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

If you have a high tolerance opioid, I don't think 100 mg/hr will hurt you as I take it as prescribed, patch on skin only and I take 30 mg oxycodone every 6 hours. Maybe wear the patch correctly and talk to your doctor as I am only a medic but you must use as directed not cutting it putting it in your mouth, that will kill you!

Last edited by Smeg; 25-07-2013 at 00:35. Reason: Paragraphing and line-spacing to facilitate readability.
Old 08-07-2013, 22:11
Silver Member

Everyone's different. I went into a coma on a 100-mg patch! Never again. I appreciate your concern, really. I feel in control with a little strip and it actually works for nerve pain. They make the same thing,messentially, in lollipop form to taste better.
Old 20-07-2013, 03:00

23 y/o Female from United States
TheDOPEMANSgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to everyone for sharing their info and expiriences. I found it quite helpful because I have been strung out on H for going on five years and ran out of black this morning while my boyfriend was waiting to re-up.
That almost NEVER happens because he usually re-ups when we start running low but it was just one of those freak dry spells where no one could get any quantity for at least a few hours. Needless to say I was on the verge of an anxiety attack and starting to get sick when my man remembered the 25 Watson feyntinol patch someone had traded him a while back. I was skeptic

And had no idea how to go about using it until I came to this forum. After reading as much as I could on the subject I decided that free basing and snorting it would be the best methods to use. I would have loved to Inject it but my man made me quit shooting up about 6 months ago.

Anyways this particular patch type was a clear layer that peeled back With a layer of clear gel inside it. I just took a knife cut it open put a bit if gel on the tip and snorted it right off the blade. I just eyeballed the amount which I would not reccomend but I have a high opiate tolerance and felt comfortable doing this.
I put about the same amount on some foil and inhaled the smoke through a straw and overall I really felt the high from snorting it was much better. This is just my own humble opinion from just this one expirience but I thought I'd throw it out there!

Last edited by Smeg; 25-07-2013 at 00:37. Reason: Paragraphing and line-spacing to facilitate readability.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:30

52 y/o Male from United States
printer1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

I Have been on Fentanyl 100 mcg for 7 years as well as Morphine Sulfate, I used the patch as Directed then i tried 1 patch in my Mouth, it was one heck of a Buzz but i,m also have been on Pain Meds for Years so i can Handle it, But if you are not Tolerant then i would be very careful as you could Loose your Life, even thou i have serious Pain i,m Ready to get off the Patch, I would get 90 days of Patches at once 9 Boxes or 45 patches as I was told to change patch every 48 hours, I think i have had enough, not looking forward to the Withdrawals, I Have Heard even when you use the 25s you still get Sick, Has anybody had to go thru it? Is there anything i can do to Help with the Withdrawals ? any Advise Please?
Old 09-10-2013, 19:48

Female from United States
southernheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

My SO has been using patches for 2 plus years, I notice most of the time, the gel is still there. Is there a reason for this? Is he not absorbing the medication?
Old 09-10-2013, 20:10
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,286, Level: 20 Points: 19,286, Level: 20 Points: 19,286, Level: 20
Activity: 59.3% Activity: 59.3% Activity: 59.3%

southernheart: The majority of the gel is filler, microgram doses are not really visible to the naked eye. This is not entirely surprising.

Question, if this has been going on for 2 years, why have you not asked their doctor?
Old 13-10-2013, 21:20
Silver Member

Male from United States
raronhia is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1

Ive used different types of fentanyl patches over the past 2 years as prescribed from my doctor ive never seen the feeling of getting high or any feel good feeling. All I can say is I hate the feeling of the so called coming down feeling. I don't consider myself any addict but I do have a dependency for my medication, but continue to use it as prescribed. At one point a friend stole what I had and with my drug contract was unable to get more until my next appointment. I ended in the ER looked like I was having seizures the side effects of withdraw are bad I knew what was going on with my body but unable to say or do anything. my friend that stole them was with me in the ER saw what I went throw and saw the effects and scared the crap out of him. lets just say he is now drug free while I fight with this dependency something I don't want but something I need.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Valuable and valid addition to this thread from a position of what is expressed from utter honesty.
Old 22-10-2013, 06:53

54 y/o Male from USA - Tennessee
ksulli is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been in PM for several yrs was on morphine for 2 yrs 30 mg 3 to4 times daily I have recently been put on fentanyl 100mcg/p/h this is not a drug to fuck around with.

Doesn't help anyone/not related to the thread's subject.
I feel that the previous comment was way too harsh for a first post. KSulli - please don't let that scare you away. Welcome to DF! Feel free to expand on your comment here. First hand experience is very helpful.
Old 28-10-2013, 07:49

PLEASE read this. I am a medic for 13 years and also on the 100mg fentanyal patches every 48 hours. Please "DO NOT" abuse.

If you're not Opioid tolerated it can also kill you.
Only your doctor can decide on what pain medications you've been on to decide if you can go to a higher pain medication, not a friend!

This is a serious drug and not to be abused. If you're above the point of having to cut them and put them in your mouth, you have one foot in your grave! Be honest with your PCP doctor or pain management doctor as he/she would rather try you on something different than to kill yourself.

These patches with the Gel in them needs to be banned and I along with group supports are trying to get enough signatures in to ban them from the USA. If we can get 300,000 signatures from doctors or a medical team like myself then a cast of vote from the medical board will take it to the highest level. The Patches )band-aide) type works on the skin upper back mussel just as good and the needle users can't get the Gel anymore period, we are working on that issue now.

I don't understand why people want a "high" really want to know what that "high" really is? It is from no blood able to get oxygen to the brain! Morphine don't even come close to this killer drug.
If you really need it for pain then use it properly not abuse it, that being said "if" abusing it need help right away and it may take a few days in the hospital. I will not post each pain medications for the reason I'm not posting on this board to give ideas. Helping one person means a lot to me and I am sure your not in any more pain than I am in and if anything I will wear the patch 3 days and try to get my tolerance down
Jesus died on the Cross for us all and if you need help and shooting up I will personally talk with you and get you in a program at no cost to you! I have deteriorating bones in both legs, elbows and lower back is why I am on this patch along with Oxycodone 30mg every 6 hours so I know pain. I have cut back even on my pain meds of breaking them into half or a fourth, take enough to slow the pain down and slow down my tolerance.

Let me ask this one simple question and this is to everyone on this site. EXAMPLE: If you were in a car accident and in some serious pain if your tolerance is that high what can we as Medics or doctors give you? That's right nothing!!! Nothing that will calm the pain.Stop and think about others in your family, your children, parents, brothers and sisters, what would your Children do without you? Do you want them to grow up and tell their Children what happen to grandpa/grandma?

Wait you won't be around keep abusing. Think of others, is that high really worth my life? Am I ready to kill myself? Most of the time we are hurting the ones we love that loves us. Just keep this in mind! Before closing Abusers get help, ones whom uses the patches correctly and have been on them as long as I have you don't have anything to worry about. Myself I am taking the steps on my own to lower not just the patches every 72 hours in most cases, I change every 48 hours and the 30 mg Oxycodone is like taking three 10/325mg Percocet without any Tylenol in it pure pain.

If you're really in pain Vicodin is a waste of time and more going in your system to do more harm and eat at the liver. (In time all pain medication will start effecting the liver) I'd give about anything if I could be "drug free" but until I have all these surg. done I'll have to do what the doctor says and take as prescribed and he don't even know I have lowered my tolerance, he will when I take all the extras in and give it to him and say I had the will power to do this on my own, yes I am in more pain but nothing is going to control it 100 percent.
I hope all of you readers out there take my advice, I don't know any of you but what I have said can and will make a difference in life or death. Prayers for all and please get help!

DebbieEMS added 2 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

100mg Fentanyl= not fentanyal

DebbieEMS added 7 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernheart View Post
My SO has been using patches for 2 plus years, I notice most of the time, the gel is still there. Is there a reason for this? Is he not absorbing the medication?

Yes, we are trying to ban the gel patches. The extra you see is not the medication after 72 hours it is absorbed in the skin (placed properly) on the upper back mussel is the best. What you are seeing is the air-vac water that will arise to the top out of the medication. Medic EMS

you need to use paragraph breaks, this is unreadable

Last edited by Smeg; 29-10-2013 at 17:28. Reason: Paragraphing and line-spacing for ease of reading.
Old 28-10-2013, 08:21

Male from United States
Dslider is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got prescribed fentanyl and I am trying to find the gel ones. What brand of patch does your friend have?
Old 28-10-2013, 16:10
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,286, Level: 20 Points: 19,286, Level: 20 Points: 19,286, Level: 20
Activity: 59.3% Activity: 59.3% Activity: 59.3%

DebbieEMS:
Quote:
I don't understand why people want a "high" really want to know what that "high" really is? It is from no blood able to get oxygen to the brain!
You don't understand why people want to get high because you don't even have a basic understanding of how these drugs work. Seriously, opioids release endorphins, that makes you feel good. Please go back and get some pharmacology training, this is not the sort of thing we want to hear from an emergency worker.

Quote:
Jesus died on the Cross for us all
This is off topic and we ask you leave the preaching at home. This is an international community and we welcome all faiths and non-faiths to take part in secular discussion. Leave the superstitions for "Some For All" and "Mystical Insight"

Do you have any reasons why you are trying to get this drug banned? You repeat that a few times but other then some hysterical "think of your children" you don't really make and solid arguments for seeing this banned. ESPECIALLY given you say you are on the patches, are you really willing to go back to a life of pain.
Old 01-11-2013, 16:08

Female from United States
IhaveNOTaCLUEsometimes should review received reputation comments.
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Re: the mylans are better than duragesic

Quote:
Originally Posted by u4ic View Post
I hate the duragesic brand the generics by mylan are better in everyway. Including the way you are supposed to use them by wearing them for 72 hours (I can never make it for more than 24 before it starts annoying me and I want to get a really intense high). With the mylans you can cut a 10mg patch into 4 quarters, eighths or more if you don't have much tolerance. Then chew on the plastic for a half hour or so. The mylans are just a thin piece of plastic with no liquid center. They are far more comfortable to wear, stick a lot better, cost less and much easier to measure and keep for oral use. The duragesics suck you have to wear a noisy uncomfortable bag of gel on yourself that doesn't even stay on for more than a day. Then if you want to cut it open you have to try to even out the gel, once cut you have to store it very carefully not to ruin it. Just a pain in the ass compared to the generics.
I am very frustrated, was just prescribed mylan fentanyl 50mcg? Idk if my tolerance is too high, or if I need a breakthrough med? Seems the first day I place patch it works nice...by mid day 2nd day I feel nothing. Have tried what I've read here as far as cutting a corner and placing on tongue/gums & nothing. Cut part of new patch and placed on skin while still wearing patch applied day b4. Nothing.

I don't wanna OD so trying not to just slap on 2 at once (not to mention need some in system for f/u appt w PM dr.:trying not to waste them all) I do have pain, but also enjoy the euphoric feeling I get from opiates)

Can someone give me some advice on what I'm doing wrong please? (Newbie here, been lurking for years & finally got nerve up to create an acct and post. Please be patient w me)

IhaveNOTaCLUEsometimes added 13 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fent100 View Post
I use the 100mcg Mylan brand patch. I cut it in half and put a new one on DAILY. They last about 48 hours tops for me. When I do a full 100 at once, I start nodding off and getting really tired often throughout the day which is a sign of it being too much. But as far as cutting it in half and using 50 a day, seems to work great! In addition to the patch, I use 15mg of oxycodone 3x a day....seems to be the perfect recipe for my pain. I have lower back problems. Bulging disc, protruding disc and tear in disc. Anybody else share a similar story? Would love to hear from you if so.
How do u store the other half once it's cut? I may try this technique and see if it works better for me. I also would like advice on how to possibly get on a BT med (preferably Roxie 30). W/o coming out and asking my pm dr as to avoid any red flags being thrown up?

Last edited by IhaveNOTaCLUEsometimes; 01-11-2013 at 16:08. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-11-2013, 13:12
Silver Member

33 y/o Female from United States
oliverslife is on the way upoliverslife is on the way upoliverslife is on the way upoliverslife is on the way up
Points: 465, Level: 3 Points: 465, Level: 3 Points: 465, Level: 3
Activity: 14.2% Activity: 14.2% Activity: 14.2%

I have the same issue as far as it not really "working" around middle of day two. I *think* (do not want to get repped badly again for making Statements- was not my intent the first time ) that maybe it's because the medication "peaks" then starts to decline, and I feel that doctors are realizing these things don't really work for 72hrs, so midway through the second day would seem right as far as the 48hr time to wear the patch? **Just my opinion - not making statements or alluding to fact

Please read the rules again, as it is contrary to them to discuss received rep in threads.
Old 04-02-2014, 17:45

Male from United States
CD73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

SWIM has a huge tolerance. He's prescribed 2 75mcg Fentanyl Patches every 48 hours as well as a large amount of breakthrough meds. He used to get a buzz from taking 4-6 30mg Roxy's at a time but since starting the Fentanyl he can literally eat a dozen 30mg Roxy's without feeling anything. This is not an exaggeration at all. Now to get a buzz he would suck on a piece of the Fentanyl patch (about 1/3 of a 75mcg patch), but even this doesn't work as well anymore since he has become more tolerant to the Fentanyl.

SWIM has been getting the Mylan brand patch (the non gel kind) but recently found out he can get the Duragesic Brand Name Patch (also non gel and made by Janssen) and is wondering if anyone knows which patch works better orally between the Duragesic Brand or the Mylans? After doing some research SWIM discovered that the Duragesic Brand patch contains almost 50% more total Fentanyl than the Mylan brand, even though they are both the 75mcg size/dose.

With this in mind, has anyone tried both the Mylan and Duragesic Brand, and if so, which works better orally? Thank you very much!

Please do not use SWIM http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197306
Please do not use "SWIM". http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197306
Old 10-02-2014, 22:59

Male from United States
polydoc needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Tolerance and type of patch play a huge role. I love Fentanyl because its the only available opioid that can beat buprenorphine to the mu receptors so I can take a vacation without having to stop my subs. Anyways, when I would get the gel patches (100mcg/10mg) I preferred to cut open a corner of it, squeeze out about half onto the end of my pinkie finger and snort that shit up my nose as hard as I could. Then squirt the rest out and do the same in the other nostril. GRANTED, I had a tolerance and I don't recommend snorting an entire 100mcg patch at once. If i received the "stickers" (non-gel patches) I found the most efficient method was to fold them in half sticky side out and leave under my tongue for a while then chew on it like gum until I could tell I was as high as I was gonna be. Again, even though it seems like there couldn't possibly be a deadly amount of drug in a smal sticker with no visible "substance" these patches are just as potent and will kill a non tolerant individual before they think to spit it out. This is just MY experience. Shooting Fent is a bad idea and smoking it is too short lived in my opinion.
Old 12-02-2014, 00:54
Silver Member

Definitely the Duragesic [same as Sandoz generic] brand. But everyone's different unfortunately! )
Old 17-02-2014, 06:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmaCycle View Post
Please understand this, even if you or your friends are not opiod neieve, fentanyl can fucking kill you!

I've been prescribed fentanyl for over 5 years for serious pain problems. It is not in any way comparable to any other drug in its field, not morphine or oxy or hydromorph or even heroin.

Fentanyl is not only a pain med it is also an anesthetic. It shuts down the body in preparation for invasive surgery when used in clinical IV doses. If you IV or even IM fentanyl outside the operating system room you are probably going to die, unless you have a ventilator and a friend who can tube you when you blackout. If you fuck around smoking or sucking fentanyl you will inadvertently increase your opiod tolerance to extreme levels. Your doc will know when your suddenly running through a month of your usual oxy or morphine in 3 day and then where will you be?

My last surgery, the night before when I was in the hospital ward it took 400mg IM Demerol every 3 hours to keep me from screaming out in pain! You do not want that kind of tolerance or the seizures that come with that much Demerol (stupid doc's left an open order for that dose of Demerol all night with no other alternatives, after a few Demerol induced seizures they got smart and switched to a hydromorph pain pump).

Fentanyl has been over prescribed in many respects because of the application method. You see the attraction from a doc's point of view, "I'll give you these patches, if you want more you'll bring me in the used ones to prove that your not selling it". Getting off fentanyl is hard enough when it's used as prescribed. Abuse it and you will be lucky if you can find a maintenance program that will be able to help you. There are so many opiods out there that are not as ridiculously dangerous as fentanyl, I just don't understand the attraction relative to the risk.

On a related topic:

In Canada, the Canadian College of Physicians is coming down hard on doc's who prescribed pain killers in quantity, regardless of the patients need. Many doc's are getting out of the pain treatment game, sending their patients to clinics that push methadone like it's a one stop cure for everything and everyone. If your abusing your prescribed fentanyl in Canada and your doc suddenly tells you he's getting out of the pain killer game, you might be screwed. As of this date there really isn't a maintenance program that is suitable for extreme fentanyl abuse, so get ready for a crappy methadone program that keeps you in some kind of withdrawal while getting you hooked on yet another horrible drug that's hell to stop.
I am so glad to see post made like this! I am so new to this site as I really don't know how to find anything I've posted or replies! I read this and thought to myself...Hmmm I must reply as I see soooooooo many abusing Fentenyal and all blogs should be taking off talking about HOW to get high! Remember we have one life to live and it's short enough and in many cases I've seen it all being a Medic for 13 years! Fentenyl is nothing to play with and the more I read the more the abusers out here is this world, if your doctor (PCP) it not rightfully monitoring you while being on these patches, then that doctors DEA needs to be denied for practice. Believe me if all PCP and pain management doctors would test everyone including myself as I do wear the 100mg and the Gel manufacture is shutting down any Gel form because of the IV abusers and using by mouth. I myself wear the patch as prescribed 100mg ever 48 hours weighing at 110 lbs and have no problem and can maintain my work skills, home life. The only problem I do have with them is being in the sun "direct sun" hitting my back as I've actually ripped the patch off!! Yes, ripped it off and went my 48 hours before time to apply another, not only have withdraws and severe headace, Fentenyl will kill you and to read all this abuse please get medical help. I love it when I see a post someone trying to help a person but to tell them how to put a foot in the grave or fall over dead in the matter of seconds. Geeez where these so called doctors come from is beyond me! United we stand to care as we're not to kill ourselves. Keep on abusing and family and most of all a parent or your children will read your obituary....think really hard!

DebbieEMS added 4 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

In Canada, the Canadian College of Physicians is coming down hard on doc's who prescribed pain killers in quantity, regardless of the patients need. Many doc's are getting out of the pain treatment game, sending their patients to clinics that push methadone like it's a one stop cure for everything and everyone. If your abusing your prescribed fentanyl in Canada and your doc suddenly tells you he's getting out of the pain killer game, you might be screwed. As of this date there really isn't a maintenance program that is suitable for extreme fentanyl abuse, so get ready for a crappy methadone program that keeps you in some kind of withdrawal while getting you hooked on yet another horrible drug that's hell to stop.[/QUOTE]
I am so glad to see post made like this! I am so new to this site as I really don't know how to find anything I've posted or replies! I read this and thought to myself...Hmmm I must reply as I see soooooooo many abusing Fentenyal and all blogs should be taking off talking about HOW to get high! Remember we have one life to live and it's short enough and in many cases I've seen it all being a Medic for 13 years! Fentenyl is nothing to play with and the more I read the more the abusers out here is this world, if your doctor (PCP) it not rightfully monitoring you while being on these patches, then that doctors DEA needs to be denied for practice. Believe me if all PCP and pain management doctors would test everyone including myself as I do wear the 100mg and the Gel manufacture is shutting down any Gel form because of the IV abusers and using by mouth. I myself wear the patch as prescribed 100mg ever 48 hours weighing at 110 lbs and have no problem and can maintain my work skills, home life. The only problem I do have with them is being in the sun "direct sun" hitting my back as I've actually ripped the patch off!! Yes, ripped it off and went my 48 hours before time to apply another, not only have withdraws and severe headace, Fentenyl will kill you and to read all this abuse please get medical help. I love it when I see a post someone trying to help a person but to tell them how to put a foot in the grave or fall over dead in the matter of seconds. Geeez where these so called doctors come from is beyond me! United we stand to care as we're not to kill ourselves. Keep on abusing and family and most of all a parent or your children will read your obituary....think really hard!

DebbieEMS added 4 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Baran View Post
this is a really good way to kill your self, from my understanding there really isnít a good way to measure Fentanyl because the dosage is so so low and if you take even a little to much it can kill you, swim has seen it first hand please do not fuck with Fentanyl that way! the best way is just to put the patch on, but i believe that 100 mcg will prob kill you. 100 mcg of Fentanyl = 200Mg of oxy. Or about 400Mg of Morphine

Please do not screw with these patches in less you have a very high tolerance
In Canada, the Canadian College of Physicians is coming down hard on doc's who prescribed pain killers in quantity, regardless of the patients need. Many doc's are getting out of the pain treatment game, sending their patients to clinics that push methadone like it's a one stop cure for everything and everyone. If your abusing your prescribed fentanyl in Canada and your doc suddenly tells you he's getting out of the pain killer game, you might be screwed. As of this date there really isn't a maintenance program that is suitable for extreme fentanyl abuse, so get ready for a crappy methadone program that keeps you in some kind of withdrawal while getting you hooked on yet another horrible drug that's hell to stop.[/QUOTE]

Please stop using coloured fonts in your posts. The difficulty lies in the fact that they are very difficult to red. Also please spell drug names correctly, eg fentanyl.

Last edited by DebbieEMS; 17-02-2014 at 06:15. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
extracting fentanyl, fentanyl, fentanyl abuse, fentanyl iv, fentanyl patch, fentanyl patches eating wearing smoking abuse, fentanyl routes of administration, snorting drugs, withdrawals