Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Ethnobotanicals Psychedelic plants, Iboga, Calea, Blue lotus, Ephedra, Sinicuichi, Betel nut, etc.

Old 22-09-2010, 22:59
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from Australia
lem is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 86, Level: 1 Points: 86, Level: 1 Points: 86, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Nutmeg experiences

Hmm, very interesting speculation. If administering nutmeg oil rectally would not work as intended (i.e. the usual profile of nutmeg effects), but intestinal administration (via enteric coated capsule) would, that may point to microbial modification of the constituents, since the only real difference between rectal and intestinal absorption is that rectal would bypass the mass of microflora from the intestine down to the end of the colon.

There is of course bypassing hepatic first-pass metabolism. Everything absorbed from the intestines, apart from the rectum, enters the hepatic portal vein which goes to the liver; substances absorbed in the rectum are delivered to systemic circulation. Taking this into account, nutmeg's effects last for many hours, so I don't think it would matter if the constituents were metabolised quickly (larger dose entering hepatic portal vein) or slowly (constituents making a trip through systemic circulation first). The only thing I can think of is if the un-metabolised constituents collect in tissues, thus delivering a much lower dose of metabolites than the intestinal absorption route ... which of course might be the case since the constituents of nutmeg oil are rather lipophilic.

Hmmmm.. any SWIYs out there up for experimentation?
Old 23-09-2010, 09:26
Titanium Member

Male from United States
69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline
Points: 3,508, Level: 8 Points: 3,508, Level: 8 Points: 3,508, Level: 8
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lem View Post
I don't think it would matter if the constituents were metabolised quickly (larger dose entering hepatic portal vein) or slowly (constituents making a trip through systemic circulation first).

The speed a drug is absorbed always has an impact on the effects. The faster a drug is absorbed, the stronger it is. If a drug like myristicin is absorbed slowly, you start getting tolerance to the effects before its all absorbed. Myristicin builds tolerance very fast and tolerance to it lasts nearly a weak.

All I know is that an enteric coated capsule dramatically improves the experience. So does taking the oil with lecithin or something like polysorbate 20. The only thing in common that these two things accomplish is that they cause the oil to get into the intestines faster, and prevent the oil from sticking to the stomach, esophagus, etc. Lecithin or polysorbate 20 don't protect the oil from stomach acid. All they do is push the oil faster through the stomach by making the oil water soluble. That's all. And yet the experience is stonger, and works consistently. Without an enteric coated capsule, or without lecithin or polysorbate 20, the results are not consistent and sometimes no effects are had from a dose that would normally work with either an enteric coated capsule, or when used with lecithin or polysorbate 20. That tells you a lot.

Basically, having the oil sit in the stomach too long ruins the effects. You can theorize all you like about why this is. However, it seems to be a fact according to tests done by several people SWIM knows, but the reason behind it is not really known.

Perhaps by looking at other pharmaceutical drugs that are also oils that also require enteric coated capsules to be effective, the reason for this may be more apparent.

Note that kava kava is also MORE effective if taken with lecithin. Probably for similar reasons, at least at some level. Unlike elemicin, kava kava is still pretty effective if taken without lecihin. Elemicin can at times be completely ineffective (or simply require massive doses) if taken without lecithin or without an enteric coated capsule. For some reason elemicin suffers this problem more than kava kava. It's likely that myristicin also suffers this problem.

Last edited by 69Ron; 23-09-2010 at 09:46.
Old 23-09-2010, 17:53
Silver Member

72 y/o Male from USA - California
veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.
Points: 1,135, Level: 5 Points: 1,135, Level: 5 Points: 1,135, Level: 5
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

OKAY, truth time, swimmers amd swimmettes...the esteemed mr shulgin recognizes myristicin as one of the 10 essential oils, most swimmers know this(it is under the TMA listing in PiHKAL). myristicin is a fraction of the oil of nutmeg. mr shulgin suggests that the ammonia in the body is what converts the myristicin...or other essential oils( not essential oils like patchouli and sandlewood, but the ten listed in PiHKAL) into the corresponding phenethylamines or amphetamines...or their similar cousins. sasha says that the addition of ammonia to these (after fractional distillation, proper procedures, not poiuring window cleanr ammonia into a jar of oil) also converts them
that being said, swim has SEVERAL times taken nutmeg. 6 heaping tablespoons of the ground powder(acquired already ground, in bulk jars for an institutional kitchen, no telling how old it was ans swim is sure the alkaloids will break down) when cannabis was unavailable.
swim was accused of being a liar(which almost resulted in violence) when swim told a bro that he hadnt smoked herb(there was none around, guess people thought swim was hoarding) because swim was stooooned, red eyes, cotton mouth, etc.
swim turned on other swimmers in prison to this. swim vomited two times, but mostly it was just super-stonedness that lasted 24hrs(swim once awoke to the goon squad coming in to shake down the block, and was STILL hella stoned.
swim would not do this here in the free world, but it did get swim high.
Old 25-09-2010, 22:13
Titanium Member

Male from United States
69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline69Ron must mainline Medline

That's the powder which most nutmeg users unfortunately seem to go for because its easy to get hold of. Nutmeg essential oil is a far superior experience to nutmeg powder. Pretty much everyone who's tried nutmeg oil and nutmeg powder agrees that it's way better than nutmeg powder. The powder contains a lot of junk in it that make the experience a vastly inferior one. If you read the reports for nutmeg essential oil, you'll see that pretty much everyone says its much better than powder nutmeg. It's an experience worth repeating. SWIM finds nearly AS GOOD AS ACID.

There are several reasons for this. First off, the nutmeg powder contains several active toxins that don't make you high that are not present in nutmeg essential oil. Also, the amount of powder you need to ingest is a large amount and it is irritating to the digestive system. With nutmeg essential oil, you get a cleaner more pleasant experience, way less side effects, and you only need to swallow a few small capsules full of oil for effects.

The major toxin of nutmeg powder is trimyristin. This is only present in nutmeg powder. It's completely absent from nutmeg essential oil. This is a major reason why the oil has far better effects.

SWIM HATES THE POWDER, but he LOVES NUTMEG ESSENTIAL OIL. The difference is huge. I would never recommend nutmeg powder, but nutmeg essential oil is fantastic.
Old 26-10-2010, 16:22
Banned

23 y/o Male from Norway
Big Black Pupils is a decent psychonaut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Ron View Post
Here’s what you do.

1 - fill a capsule with 0.25-1 ml of oil.
Is the capsule part really important or just to mask the taste?

Edit:

lecithin, is this a powder? I'm shopping for it now, from what I see I can buy it in powder and capsules!

Last edited by Big Black Pupils; 26-10-2010 at 16:50.
Old 27-10-2010, 08:36
Titanium Member

Male from United States

The capsule is not important. It's just convenient.

Lecithin is a powder. It helps the body absorb oils. It boosts the effectiveness of things like kava kava, and seems to work for things like elemicin, myristicin, and safrole.

Keep in mind that with nutmeg oil, just like elemi oil, the quality varies substantially. There is some nutmeg oil that won't do anything until massive amounts are taken. Good quality nutmeg oil requires only a few ml for effects.

If you're one who doesn't get decent effects from elemi oil, the chances are you'll have a hard time with nutmeg too.

Myristicin is well documented to have a very wide dosage range from person to person. Some people require massive doses for effects from myristicin, while others get effects from a tiny amount. The same seems to be true for elemicin and safrole.

I've been studying elemicin for quite a while now. A lot of what I've learned about elemicin seems to also apply to myristicin and nutmeg oil.

With 98% pure elemicin, each person will react differently to the same exact dose. Some people will feel nothing, some will get mild effects of euphoria and stimulation, while others (like SWIM) will get full blown mescaline style effects.

Don't expect myristicin to be any different. People react very differently to the same dose of myristicin. This is a scientific fact. For this reason, it's impossible to give out dosage information for nutmeg oil. All that we can do is give out an estimate based on a few users out there.

SWIM is VERY SENSITIVE to elemicin and myristicin. A tiny amount of nutmeg oil will send SWIM flying. The same dose will do nothing at all for a few other SWIMs. I know 1 person who's even more sensitive than SWIM. Most people are less sensitive though.

EDIT: The two main vendors SWIM gets his nutmeg oil from have nutmeg oil that is very different in terms of dosage requirements and effects. They also taste and smell very different. The more pricey one is about 3 times stronger, has a sharper taste, smells fresher, while the cheaper one from the other vendor is smoother tasting, with a more pleasant but less fresh smell. With the pricier one, SWIM gets effects from as little as 0.1 ml. With the other one he needs about 0.3 ml for the same level of threshold effects. The effects are different. The pricier one is more mind altering and stoning. It seems to have more myristicin and safrole. The cheaper one is more visual, more like mescaline. It seems to have more elemicin. SWIM is MORE sensitive to myristicin then elemicin. SWIM prefers elemicin over myristicin.

Last edited by 69Ron; 27-10-2010 at 08:46.
Old 27-10-2010, 15:39
Banned

23 y/o Male from Norway

Ah alright, SWIM ordered some therapeutic grade nutmeg oil (From Indonesia it said) and lecithin yesterday, and should be able to pick it up in two weeks.

Will probably do 2 ml on an empty stomach. (with lecithin) I also have some pretty potent Elemi X laying around that SWIM will probably throw into the mix. It will be interesting to see how the experience turns out.

Will post a report

One question though, is there a recommended way of using the lecithin?

(I know it's just a theory that have had some positive results, but SWIMs willing to try it. It beats making coated capsules if it works)
Old 30-10-2010, 01:42
Titanium Member

Male from United States

Some people have had luck using the lecithin right in the capsules along with the oil. This is in fact how some kavalactone capsules on the herb market are made. The oil and the lecithin are put together right in the capsules.

The enteric coating works great, but using lecithin seems to also work very well.

Also, using calcium carbonate with the elemicin seems to work just as well as using an enteric coated capsule.

I'm not sure what exactly is going on. Why lecithin helps makes a little sense, but why calcium carbonate helps is pretty strange to me.

So basically there are three techniques being used with elemicin to help it absorb properly

1 - Enteric coated capsules.
2 - Mixing the elemicin with lecithin in a capsule.
3 - Mixing the elemicin with calcium carbonate in a capsule.

All seem to help elemicin work better. I assume they will also help nutmeg oil work better.

Unfortunately, some nutmeg oil and some elemi oil contains such a small amount of actives, that no matter what you do you won't get much out of it.

SWIM's experience with elemi oil, nutmeg oil, and parsley seed oil, is that it can make a huge difference where you buy your oils from, and when you buy them. It seems like the myristicin and/or elemicin contents vary mostly by source, but also vary by season.

The two vendors SWIM gets his oils from have decent oil MOST OF THE TIME, but it's sometimes extremely weak. One vendor usually has stronger oil than the other vendor. But both vendors sometimes have inactive oil. If the nutmeg nuts used to make the oil is low in actives, it doesn't matter how good quality the oil is, it will still be pretty inactive.

Note that some nutmeg distillers specifically remove some of the myristicin to improve the odor and taste of the oil. This is why therapeutic grade should be used. Therapeutic grade is supposed to contain all the compounds, while nutmeg oil sold for flavoring or perfume is just meant to smell or taste good. Since myristicin makes the oil have an inferior taste, oil sold for flavoring is often either made from low myristicin nutmeg nuts, or it's sometimes removed and sold separately.

Some therapeutic grade oil is still low in myristicin. Getting oil that's therapeutic grade is no guarantee of getting potent oil. But it should at least mean they didn't remove the myristicin. The myristicin is considered the most valuable therapeutic component of nutmeg oil, so its makes no sense to remove it from therapeutic grade oil. But it makes sense to remove some of it from oil sold for flavoring purposes, because removing it improves the flavor (at least that's what most people say).

Last edited by 69Ron; 30-10-2010 at 01:48.
Old 30-10-2010, 02:30
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from Australia
lem is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 86, Level: 1 Points: 86, Level: 1 Points: 86, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Both enteric coated capsules and calcium carbonate would protect the elemicin from strong acidic conditions in the stomach. Calcium carbonate + hydrochloric acid -> Calcium chloride, carbon dioxide and water.

The lecithin is obvious as it's an emulsifier and will increase the solubility and likely improve the transportability of mostly hydrophobic compounds (such as elemicin).
Old 03-11-2010, 21:52
Banned

23 y/o Male from Norway

Thanks for the good advice! I hope the nutmeg oil is of good quality. If it is, it'll be pretty cool because SWIM ordered 100 ml.

Question about calcium carbonate, SWIM has some calcium pills laying around at home, (lives at school so can't check it's box for contents for a little while) is it possible to use these normal supplementary calcium tablets for the calcium carbonate and just dilute it with elemicine in water or something? Or do i need to buy calcium carbonate off the net? or is it really just the same thing?

Pardon my ignorance
Old 06-11-2010, 06:34
Titanium Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Black Pupils View Post
...I also have some pretty potent Elemi X

Potent? How potent is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Black Pupils View Post
Question about calcium carbonate, SWIM has some calcium pills laying around at home, (lives at school so can't check it's box for contents for a little while) is it possible to use these normal supplementary calcium tablets for the calcium carbonate and just dilute it with elemicine in water or something? Or do i need to buy calcium carbonate off the net? or is it really just the same thing?

Any kind of calcium carbonate will work. Most calcium supplements are just calcium carbonate. It's best put into a capsule with the elemicin, but if that's not possible you can take the calcium right before taking the elemicin and then right after. Or you could mix it in a drink. It doesn't matter. It just matters that the calcium is there when the elemicin is digested.
Old 06-11-2010, 21:29
Banned

23 y/o Male from Norway

Quote:

Potent? How potent is it?
It's the 5x formula, SWIM got some free samples due to having ordered such a ridicilous amount of Elemi X. They warned me in an email that this formula might surprise me, so I would say it's probably pretty potent. Although SWIM haven't really tested it yet due to lack of ability to properly digest it. But now SWIM has some Lecithin so we'll see. (and 100ml of nutmeg oil of unknown potency. fun times ahead)

As said, will post a report.

Would eating a calcium tablet, and then drinking some elemi/nutmeg oil diluted in lecithin be an even more surefire way of getting it to work? What is the best way to use the lecithin anyway?
Old 07-11-2010, 02:40
Titanium Member

Male from United States

The best method seems to be having the calcium and lecithin mixed with the oil in the same capsule. But if that's not possible, what you're proposing is a good second choice.

The lecithin will help even if taken in capsules separately after taking the elemicin, or even just eating it plain. I like the taste of lecithin actually and can easily eat a spoon full of it.

1 tablespoon of lecithin is considered 1 serving as a dietary supplement so don't worry about over doing it. It's a good source of dietary choline.

The calcium you don't want to overdo. About 1200 mg is the most you want to take. As little as 500 mg is good enough for this purpose.

Using lecithin is tricky when mixing it in water. Sometimes it lumps up. I'm not sure why. Putting it in capsule with the oil seems the best way to use it, plus you avoid the very strong taste of the elemicin.
Old 09-11-2010, 13:41
Banned

23 y/o Male from Norway

SWIM used very hot water so that the lecithin would merge with the water, but got very mild effects if any from 2 ml Elemicin and 2 ml Nutmeg oil. Was the hot water a mistake?
Old 13-11-2010, 10:40
Titanium Member

Male from United States

The hot water won't make a difference. It takes a long time to boil away elemicin or myristicin, and they are very heat stable, so the hot water wasn't the issue.

With nutmeg, or elemi, potency variations are very large. To make matters even worse, individual sensitivity to elemicin and myristicin varies substantially, by a factor of at least 10 (from SWIM's observation of others using the same bottle of oil).

Pure myristicin is well known to have a huge variation in individual sensitivity, and reactivity. You could give 10 people pure myristicin, some will feel nothing, others will feel a mild euphoria, others will get psychedelic effects, others will just get side effects and nothing pleasant out of it. That's what science tells us.

If you look at the elemi oil threads on this and other forums you'll see something similar. Some people get no effects with pretty large doses, others get pleasant euphoria from just a few drops, others get nothing but side effects, and others get psychedelic effects. The individual reactions vary substantially. This makes it impossible to recommend any kind of dosage.

In general, people sensitive to nutmeg are also sensitive to elemi and visa versa. SWIM is very sensitive to elemicin and has experienced full blown psychedelic effects from it several times recently, which were comparable to mescaline (seeing shapes shifting, walls melting, colors flashing, full visions with the eyes closed, extreme euphoria, etc.). He's also very sensitive the myristicin, but has not taken a very large dose. It lasts way too long (2 days). It's fascinating though. It's got a lot of mental psychedelic effects which elemicin completely lacks.

The more I look into this and look at how others react to these compounds, the more it seems like these compounds are inactive, and require something in the human body to activate them.

I was recently looking at the CYP1A2 enzyme. This enzyme modifies both elemicin and myristicin in the human body. When doing tests, SWIM found that inhibitors of CYP1A2 seemed to decrease the psychedelic effects of elemicin, but also prolonged the effects. Induction of CYP1A2 seemed to shorten the effects of elemicin but also strengthen the effects and make it more psychedelic. So it seems like in SWIM CYP1A2 is somehow activating elemicin. Without it, a psychedelic effect is hard to get. But in other people, the outcome might not be the same. There are many enzymes, and a shift of one could affect another, and possibly produce effects very unexpected in certain people. It may be a cascade of enzyme activity that leads to a good psychedelic effect from elemicin, and that metabolic pathway might not be possible in all people all the time.

On another forum, a guy had good luck with using Grapefruit juice with nutmeg oil. White is considered the best kind. You use 2 cups of juice. This inhibits both CYP1A2 and CYP3A4, both enzymes modify elemicin and myristicin metabolism. His very first nutmeg oil trip was possible by using grapefruit juice with nutmeg oil (the oil was in capsules). It's possible CYP3A4 inhibition is important for some people to feel the effects of myristicin. This guy tried many times with nutmeg oil and never got anything from it until he tried it with Grapefruit juice. He found it works everytime if he uses Grapefruit juice with it. You might give Grapefruit juice a try. 2 cups is what you need.

Last edited by 69Ron; 13-11-2010 at 10:46.
Old 15-11-2010, 23:40
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Canada
contact is an unknown quantity at this point

SWI69ron, hypothetically, is the capsule of therapeutic grade elemi oil to be ingested with the dmso extraction he talks about in his other thread on elemcin extraction? I've read through this thread and I don't see anything on it. I'm guessing the sedative would still be active absorbed in the small intestines.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:36

23 y/o Male from United States
darksideinc is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1

Ok so A friend of mine (seriously) is wanting to use another friend as a lab rat to see what the effects of nutmeg are like. The friend is ok with this idea, however after reading many reports and opinions on said task he has various ideas on the best way to test this. He is open to any suggestions one may have. His current idea for testing this is to make jello shots essential and mix in 5-6 grms per shot. He feels this will full surround the nutmeg in almost a giant capsule. And then swallow each shot whole. Does any one have any opinions or suggestions regarding that delivery system or anything else?
This is a repost from another thread I created probably in the wrong section.
Old 10-12-2010, 00:27
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.
Points: 1,580, Level: 6 Points: 1,580, Level: 6 Points: 1,580, Level: 6

^^ the effects of whole or powdered nutmeg are mostly unpleasant, if your friend decides to do this, its best to use the oil, as you would have known if you read this thread lol.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:30
About DF,Various & German
Co-Moderator

Male from Earth
Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.
Points: 2,220, Level: 7 Points: 2,220, Level: 7 Points: 2,220, Level: 7

And may be quite dangerous. I've read (nothing more than that, so it remains unconfirmed) that in fact a single nutmeg may have been a lethal dose. So watch out.

I just asked the RC guy whether he had tried nutmeg, and to my surprise, he said he tried ingesting two nutmeg (once tried to crush them, the other time just ate them) twice before getting into all these RCs. However, he only got a bad stomach and reduced appetite for the next day from that. The taste, he tells me, was bearable for him, though.

Last edited by Mersann; 10-12-2010 at 02:32. Reason: forgetting info's
Old 10-12-2010, 16:04
Gold Member

31 y/o Male from United States
Jasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline Medline
Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersann View Post
And may be quite dangerous. I've read (nothing more than that, so it remains unconfirmed) that in fact a single nutmeg may have been a lethal dose. So watch out.
Do you have a reference for this? I've never heard of a single nutmeg nut being anything close to lethal. We are talking about a commonly used cooking ingredient.
Old 22-01-2011, 17:34
Titanium Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasim View Post
Do you have a reference for this…
Nutmeg myths are all over the place. Try finding an actual documented case of a fatal overdose of nutmeg and you’ll notice that most sources don’t actually give a reference to any cases and are simply copying and pasting this information from another book they read.

I’ve searched for nutmeg essential oil overdoses a while back and pretty much all the sources I’ve found state what the effects of an overdose are but are clear to state that actual fatalities from nutmeg essential oil are extremely rare.

The LD50 of nutmeg essential oil based on animal tests in rats, mice, and hamsters is 2600, 5620, and 6000 mg/kg respectively. That’s lower in toxicity than caffeine. The lowest one, 2600 mg/kg for rats, calculates to about 182 grams for a 70 kg human, which is just under 1 cup of essential oil. The other one for hamsters at 6000 mg/kg comes to 420 grams for a 70 kg human which is almost 2 cups. That’s a lot. I can’t imagine someone wanting to take that much. Good quality nutmeg essential oil can be felt at just a few drops.
Old 23-09-2013, 11:09

Male from Thailand
indolencia needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

Someone who ain't me (Swam) knows that oil makes you burp same as ground nutmeg and notes that "powder" does not necessarily irritate the digestive system at all. In fact, for Swam it's a great colon cleanser. Swam's guess is that, as between the cappuccino and the nutmeg people like to mess it up with, the first one is going to irritate the digestive track worse, but that's just a wild guess.

Quote:
That's the powder which most nutmeg users unfortunately seem to go for because its easy to get hold of. Nutmeg essential oil is a far superior experience to nutmeg powder. Pretty much everyone who's tried nutmeg oil and nutmeg powder agrees that it's way better than nutmeg powder. The powder contains a lot of junk in it that make the experience a vastly inferior one. If you read the reports for nutmeg essential oil, you'll see that pretty much everyone says its much better than powder nutmeg. It's an experience worth repeating. SWIM finds nearly AS GOOD AS ACID.

There are several reasons for this. First off, the nutmeg powder contains several active toxins that don't make you high that are not present in nutmeg essential oil. Also, the amount of powder you need to ingest is a large amount and it is irritating to the digestive system. With nutmeg essential oil, you get a cleaner more pleasant experience, way less side effects, and you only need to swallow a few small capsules full of oil for effects.

The major toxin of nutmeg powder is trimyristin. This is only present in nutmeg powder. It's completely absent from nutmeg essential oil. This is a major reason why the oil has far better effects.

SWIM HATES THE POWDER, but he LOVES NUTMEG ESSENTIAL OIL. The difference is huge. I would never recommend nutmeg powder, but nutmeg essential oil is fantastic.
indolencia added 7 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

hmm, someone who ain't me (Swam) told me to simply break it up into pieces first and coffee grinder works great. result is a paste, not a powder, unless u're nutmeg is already bone dry

Quote:
Originally Posted by helikophis View Post
First experience isn't surprising. They lose potency fairly quickly after being powdered, and anything you buy in the store has likely been powdered for several months or more.

For the second time, were the whole nutmegs reduced to powder? Just crushing it is be much less effective. If they weren't powdered, probably most of the nuts went undigested and the oil just passed through with them.

What is needed is spice-consistency powder. A nutmeg grinder is the best way to do it, but those aren't very fashionable these days so are hard to find. Failing that, a coffee grinder works, although it's really hard on the motor.

SWIM's experience has been that three nutmegs provide over two tablespoons of powder. This should be plenty for a single person, however it's possible that the potency varies significantly between nutmegs. There may also be differences in individual metabolism involved.

Also, perhaps someone's expectations aren't in line with what nutmeg actually does. It gives some delirium and a "stoned" feeling. If a mushroom or LSD trip is what he's expecting, it's just not going to happen.

Last edited by indolencia; 23-09-2013 at 11:09. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 14-04-2014, 20:27

20 y/o Male from Earth
Feli needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Guys, just so people knows my experience; I love Nutmeg. I just love it. For me, side effects are no big deal. Just my experience. I'm actually waiting for it to kick in. One time i was laying in a couch just feelin' a little weird and then, Bam, it kicked in REAL COOL.

Post Quality Evaluations:
totally unitersting post. if you have nothing more to say about a drug other then "REAL COOL" don't bother posting, Give some details, what do you like? How long does it last, why do you enjoy it?
Old 16-04-2014, 14:48
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Netherlands
Lodewijkp probably knows what they are talking about.Lodewijkp probably knows what they are talking about.Lodewijkp probably knows what they are talking about.Lodewijkp probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 387, Level: 3 Points: 387, Level: 3 Points: 387, Level: 3
Activity: 5.7% Activity: 5.7% Activity: 5.7%

get dutch nutmeg ( indonesian) ..the nutmeg here is insane - it is oily as hell. i've tried nutmeg from a supermarket which kinda sucked - it felt like a drank 2 beers which was nice actually.

then i tried freshly imported nutmeg from indonesia ( same dose 20 gr), i severely OD on that stuff i was extremely incapacitated for 3 days just laying on bed 22/7 on the fourth 5th day i was still high as hell but at least functional, it took me an amazing amounts of water to rehydrate. alkaloid levels vary widely - that's why most reports are BS.

other than dutch/indonesian nutmeg brands kinda sucked, but maybe that's good for newbies.

every drug is boring when it is a very very long trip, it's like doing the same for too long, eventually you get bored.

you be sure not to combine nutmeg with nicotine, LSA, SNRI or any other stuff that has MAO-I properties like syrian rue.
Old 22-04-2014, 13:06

20 y/o Male from Earth
Feli needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodewijkp View Post
get dutch nutmeg ( indonesian) ..the nutmeg here is insane - it is oily as hell. i've tried nutmeg from a supermarket which kinda sucked - it felt like a drank 2 beers which was nice actually.

then i tried freshly imported nutmeg from indonesia ( same dose 20 gr), i severely OD on that stuff i was extremely incapacitated for 3 days just laying on bed 22/7 on the fourth 5th day i was still high as hell but at least functional, it took me an amazing amounts of water to rehydrate. alkaloid levels vary widely - that's why most reports are BS.

other than dutch/indonesian nutmeg brands kinda sucked, but maybe that's good for newbies.

every drug is boring when it is a very very long trip, it's like doing the same for too long, eventually you get bored.

you be sure not to combine nutmeg with nicotine, LSA, SNRI or any other stuff that has MAO-I properties like syrian rue.
Really? Why no tobacco? Or LSA? Just the other day swim just did in about a period of 24 hours nutmeg, alprazolam, tobacco (cigar), tramadol, carisoprodol, naproxen, a little weed (1 hit) i dont really like it, like 5 liters of beer (dindt even puke!) and methamphetamine (just cause swim was going to kick somebody ass) (rarely, and i mean rarely swim doeas that drug)
Quite a combo right? Just so you know, i did it all knowing its interactions and half life

Post Quality Evaluations:
Still using SWIM despite warnings.

Share this on:

Tags
amphetamine, essential amphetamines, essential oil, gc/ms, grapefruit, hallucinate, hallucination, indonesia, ld50, mccormick, mdma, myristicin, nutmeg, nutmeg effects, nutmeg recipe, psilocybin, tripping