Register Tags

Notices

Old 03-01-2011, 21:53

28 y/o Male from United States
iamaloser5320 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Heroin Overdose dealing with overdoses, info, tips and analysis

Heh, befor swim read anything about how to bring someone back that was overdosing he had a horrifying experience. Swims girlfriend couldn't inject herself, so swim was always stuck getting her off befor himself. swim and his girl got a half g or some of the normal dope they do. swim also had noticed countless times that there were somespots in the dope that were more potent than others. like the people rocking it back up didnt mix it up well after cutting it, and just used a press. Anyways swim cut the half g in half, always preparing a bigger shot for himself than his girl. Loaded up the 2 rigs as normal. Got his girls arm ready, and slammed her half. She talked to swim for a few seconds then swim turned a short song on on youtube. Got his arm ready, started trying to find his gnarly ass vein. swim was to busy trying to get off to realize what was going on until the song stopped playing on his computer. When it did swim heard a feint gaggiing like sound. he turned to look at his girl to find her already turned blue, with eyes rolled back in her head and whitish lips.. within l3 or so minutes of the shot. Swim had NO idea what to do really. he shook her and screamed at her for about 10 seconds to no avail. Swim then slapped her (swim later apologized). When that didnt work swim took the cup of water he used for the rigs, and threw it on her neck and chest and she was still unresponsive. swim started freaking out , thinking about what the hell to do. As a last ditch effort befor having to call an ambulanceswim picked up his boney girlfriend, sat her in the floor, asked for help from the god in which he doesn't believe and began to give her very half assed cpr and mouth to mouth. Not pressing down on the chest enough to crack or hurt her sternum. Swims girlfriend didnt respong for about 30 seconds then all a sudden swims girl rose up confused , thinking that she was dreaming or something and instantly tryed to stand up. Swim calmed her down and tryed to calm himself down. Swims girlfriend instant started askin him when he was going to give her her shot ^^ . swim asked her what the last thing she remembered was and she said she remembered swim starting to get the dope ready, and then fell asleep. Swim doesn't know how good or bad his reaction was and what he did , he knows she was out for atleast 5 minutes or more. Anyways swim just wanted to share his scarey story, becasue he really hasnt been able to tell a soul since it happened.

Edit after reading below, swim sees that shaking and slapping them is definately not good. Swim realizes he is pretty stupid but he didn't have time to do a google search to find out >_<
Old 16-06-2011, 22:35

Female from United States
HEROINisSATAN needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1
posted in wrong place

Last edited by HEROINisSATAN; 23-06-2011 at 15:25.
Old 16-08-2011, 14:41

25 y/o Female from United States
RandomHeroine616 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Re: Heroin Overdose – dealing with overdoses, info, tips and analysis

"Injecting with salt-water (saline)"

after reading this post. i have a question to ask. i thought the post was awesome and very well thought out, but i know from experience that this is not true.(keep in mind this is not self incrimination. this was in the past. we all have one)

i dont know the reason or the science behind it, but i do know, i have oded on fentanyl twice, first time i walked to the sink to clean my point and fell gashed my head open on the cabinet, second time i walked down the hallway and collapsed. my best friend dragged me to the back of his jeep and took me to the local hospital ( that my mum was working at that day X_x) we get to the parking lot and i started coming around he sees im respionding, i jump in the front seat and we get the hell outta there. .......

however in both instances, right before i woke up in the kitchen floor the first time, and when i collapsed in the hall my friend injected me with salt water. both times that is really the only thing that worked to bring me back. is it possible that it may work to some degree on some and not on others? everyone says it doesnt work but it saved me, and a friend of mine did the same thing and the guy started getting his color back and came back again. i am not saying it is safe (cause none of what we all do is really) or that its the best thing to do. im not advocating it. im just saying its worked for me. just wondering if anyone had any info on this particularly or any stories to share.
Old 16-08-2011, 15:17
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Micklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 6,280, Level: 11 Points: 6,280, Level: 11 Points: 6,280, Level: 11
Activity: 7.6% Activity: 7.6% Activity: 7.6%

Randomheroine, this has been covered in your other thread - saline does not reverse the effects of opiates/opioids. It is pure coincidence that you were injected with saline then came round 10 or however many minutes later. You were lucky enough to have the fentanyl wear off before you shuffled off this mortal coil for good. That is the only science there is to this.

The only way saline will reverse an overdose is if it is used to make a naltrexone infusion in an medical setting. Seeing it in a film or being lucky enough to have it done to you coincidentally before coming round does not make it a scientific fact. There is no science to this & to imply there is would be a dangerous piece of misinformation that could delay somebody getting the medical attention that could save their life.

Quote:
Somewhere in Gotham...

"Look, Billy's chucked a blue"

"Right, I know what to do I read it on the interweb somehere - what you do right, is you mix up some salt water & then bang it into them. Wait 10 minutes et voila! Like Lazarus he will rise!"

"Wicked! Where's the works?"
I know this isn't what you have said, but it does not take a huge leap of imagination to see that scenario playing out.

Downsides to this, other than the whole wasting precious time aspect, are the increased possibility of an air bubble being injected due to hurried drawing up & administration causing an embolism, shared works being used because damn it I aint got time to find a clean set & god knows what happened to hers increasing the risk of blood borne virus or other infection

Injecting someone who is overdosing with saline will have as much effect as slapping them, walking them around, putting them in a cold bath, shoving toast up their ass or injecting wth adrenaline a la Pulp Fiction - absolutely none, apart from wasting precious time time that you could have been using to call an ambulance & administer CPR, 2 things anecdotally, scientifically & regularly proven to saves lives

Post Quality Evaluations:
Great response. Even though you are rehashing old info, it still seems necessary to get it into many people's heads.
Old 07-11-2011, 16:46
Silver Member

somnitek is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 213, Level: 2 Points: 213, Level: 2 Points: 213, Level: 2

I thought I would add to this thread, because I have been in two situations where someone OD'd on me.

[Before beginning, it might be worth mentioning that though he never certified, SWIM does have EMT-B training, but even if that's true for SWIY, CALL AN AMBULANCE ANYWAY]

In the first event, SWIM's brother was coming down from Methamphetamine, and was begging SWIM for something to help him. Previously, SWIM had administered a cotton-rinse shot of tar heroin, which was helpful, several days previous. As a result, he was, you might say, pre-disposed to help him out again. This is where SWIM made a terrible mistake. He only pulled up 20 units, but it was NOT a cotton-rinse! It was freshly cooked-down tar. Now, SWIM's brother used to have a HUGE Fentanyl habit, several years prior to this, but had apparently developed a hyper-sensitivity in the interim (not even CONSIDERED by SWIM, ANOTHER mistake). The dose was administered, and within... God... A minute, tops? He was out. SWIM noticed cyanosis about the lips, and his brother vomited before he could be moved into the recovery position. At this point (and it should have been sooner, but this was SWIM's first OD, and he was not entirely sure it was a serious overdose until then), an ambulance was called. After this, SWIM rushed to administer nalaxone, but (AND THIS IS A GOOD LESSON FOR WHY YOU CALL AN AMBULANCE, ANYWAY) he STILL did not come to. As it happened, getting him awake (if even possible, once he was in that condition) might have done little good, as he had aspirated some of the vomit and was suffering from (as I understand it, fairly severe) pulmonary edema. The ambulance came, and his brother turned out to be alright. He learned way, way too many important lessons that day, although to his credit, the paramedics did say that he probably would have progressed further, possibly dying, had SWIM not administered the nalaxone, when he did.

As it turns out, several years later, this information was needed ONCE AGAIN! Thankfully, SWIM could not take responsibility for THIS ONE, and it was a BLESSING, he was in the presence of another experienced user who could assist with efforts.

SWIM was out with a friend, trying to score, and was meeting a new connect through his friend. This new connect invited us over to his and his girlfriend's apartment, SWIM, his friend, the connect, all did some coke, wrapped up the deal, then the connect started rolling up a shot for him and his girlfriend. THIS is the story SWIM wanted to share, because he used a rather unusual solution to remedy the situation. The shot he rolled up was, as you might have guessed, too large. Not for him, his was fine. His girlfriend, however, was another matter entirely. She mostly smoked the tar, but had recently taken up IV use on occasion. It was reported by the connect she had recently OD'd a short period before this. A BAD OMEN, if you hear this. Another lesson learned. He administered the shot, and she begun to nod almost instantly. All seemed well for a few minutes, there was some debate between SWIM, his friend, and the connection as to her condition. This progressively turned to grave concern, when she became progressively more difficult to arouse. Then, it turned to panic, when SWIM noticed the same cyanosis around the lips again, as he had seen with his brother. The connection did not possess nalaxone, and seemed hesitant to call an ambulance. SWIM's friend, quick thinking friend he is, knew that sometimes the connection would shoot up Suboxones to stay well. As it happened, he had one prepped (THANK GOD), and we were able to quickly pull this up and administer it.

By the grace of God, it was successful. She didn't come around right away. Actually, we were moving her when she did. SWIM remembers he was terribly worried the same thing with the aspirated vomit would happen, and then, an ambulance was inevitable. Considering the connect had, at that time, possibly over an ounce of tar heroin (among other drugs, quantity) at his apartment, SWIM is not sure he [the connect] would have risked an ambulance, despite his many proclamations of sincere love for his girlfriend.

It's worth adding that for this, this connection later turned out to be an animal, and girlfriend, abusing son-of-a-bitch, and also a THIEF. He stole SWIM's friend's father's laptop. Word is, they're still some on-off dealings between SWIM's friend and him. SWIM won't have anything to do with him, as he feels he was initially deceived into thinking this was an OK person. SWIM DESPISES ANIMAL ABUSERS TO POTENTIALLY VIOLENT LEVELS. Word is, he's gotten his since then, though.

ALWAYS be wary of the people you're using around. Another lesson.

I'm curious what others think of using Suboxone (in an emergency) to reverse an OD? Was it pure luck it worked? It DOES have nalaxone in it, so it has to be better than nothing, no? If I had the spare nalaxone bottles to spare, I'd travel with them when I thought situations like these might be even remotely possible. I'd advise all other heroin users to get their hands on nalaxone, and become familiar with it's proper usage for emergency situations.

Last edited by somnitek; 07-11-2011 at 17:01.
Old 14-11-2011, 21:42
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
Helene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline Medline
Points: 4,235, Level: 9 Points: 4,235, Level: 9 Points: 4,235, Level: 9
Activity: 5.7% Activity: 5.7% Activity: 5.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by somnitek View Post
I'm curious what others think of using Suboxone (in an emergency) to reverse an OD? Was it pure luck it worked? It DOES have nalaxone in it, so it has to be better than nothing, no?
This subject has been discussed quite a few times before here on this forum.

The general consensus is that circumstantial reports of overdoses being 'reversed' by IV administration of suboxone are just that, circumstantial.

In theory, it could work. Sure, suboxone does contain naloxone. But it also contains buprenorphine. I'm not going to get into the neurochemistry of it all, I'm not going to start talking about binding affinities, but more about common sense.

Firstly, when you read so many reports of people successfully getting a high off IV use of suboxone, regardless its naloxone content, it kinda destroys any faith that one would have that it would successfully reverse an OD.

I'm also aware that naloxone isn't nearly as effective in reversing a buprenorphine overdose as it is for a heroin overdose, with a far higher dose of naloxone, often administered repeatedly, necessary to reverse a buprenorphine OD. Which could mean that by injecting someone with suboxone, all you would be doing is adding more opiates into the mix, adding buprenorphine to the heroin already causing the OD, and making it more difficult to bring them round when the paramedics do finally arrive with pure naloxone, cos the buprenorphine is binding so tightly to those receptors (okay I know I said I wouldn't mention affinities, but it was necessary there).

Naloxone has a much shorter half-life than heroin or buprenorphine. Naloxone half-life is about 1.5 hours, heroin half-life is about 3 hours, and buprenorphine's is a whopping 40 hours. For this reason it is very important that even after administration of straight naloxone in an OD situation, one must still always call for an ambulance, even if the user seems fine, as when the naloxone wears off there will still be plenty of heroin left floating around ready to re-attach to those receptors, and potentially re-overdose the victim. So in the case of our hypothetical suboxone to cure heroin OD discussion, all that buprenorphine would be just waiting to act after the naloxone has worn off, possibly worsening the overdose/ causing the person to OD again.

Also one must consider dosage - a starting dose of 2mg naloxone is recommended to treat opiate overdose. This should then be repeated at 2 to 3 minute intervals until the overdose is reversed, the person regains consciousness, respiration returns to normal. Often, 4mg to 6mg of naloxone is required to adequately reverse an opiate OD. Going by the standard dosage ratio of buprenorphine to naloxone contained in suboxone, i.e. 1:4, to be giving someone enough naloxone you'd also be giving them 16mg to 24mg of buprenorphine. This is a lot.

Coming from a different angle, even if there is a small chance of this working, the time wasted has to be taken into account. Time spent messing around grinding up suboxone tablets dissolving them in water and trying to get a vein on an unconscious person in order to administer an IV injection (a person who is an IV drug user who is likely to have very bad veins). Time that could be used so much better by performing CPR and phoning paramedics, who would arrive with some proper, instantly administered IM naloxone.

Given the fantastic 'take-home' naloxone schemes that have been introduced across so many countries in the past few years, there really shouldn't be any need for people to consider DIY methods like this. I know it's a bit idealistic, but naloxone is available - if you live in a country where you have access to buprenorphine, it's quite possible that you would be able to track down a naloxone kit as well.

Don't play doctor. If you use heroin, or your friend use heroin, get hold of some naloxone. If someone OD's, and you haven't got any naloxone, phone an ambulance. It's as simple as that in my honest opinion.
Old 19-11-2011, 18:53
Silver Member

somnitek is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 213, Level: 2 Points: 213, Level: 2 Points: 213, Level: 2

I have a hold of Naloxone. It just was not with me (therefore, available) at the time of the OD.

Honestly, I'm just wondering if you think it was the right call to make, given the circumstance? I really believe this girl would have been getting a ride to the hospital (at best), not an ambulance, because of the amount of drugs present, and the reluctance to bring any heat / attention down on the place. This guy was/is looking at 12 years prison if he is caught violating his parole. Moreover, the pill was already readied for injection. It was done within less than ten, easily, minutes of recognizing an overdose (and possible cessation, or difficulty (-ies) with breathing).

In other words, AS A LAST RESORT, kind of thing?

It does appear to have worked in [more than?] several cases, and I am thinking the neuro-pharmacological activity of buprenorphine might well be entirely offset by the presence of stronger full agonists occupying and binding with tighter affinity to the receptor sites, then being displaced and re-occupied by a strong antagonist presence, as nalaxone, would simply put the buprenorphine out the in the cold, so to speak. I accept, fully, this could be wrong, but work with me here. Is this even maybe, possibly, the case? Could it be a mixed bag? I wish we had enough donating members at DF to buy it an MRI device, and some radio-isotope labelled substances, for animal trials.

The thing is: It seems like if people ARE getting high on buprenorphine, despite the presence of nalaxone, ONE, or the OTHER, must be true? But both? Some of both? This seems one worth discussing more in length, no? I confess, I have only been here about a month (two, maybe?), so if threads and discussions to this effect already exist, you caught me: I missed 'em. Just think it's worth the re-hashing, being as this is a sticky thread.

Please, DO get in to the neuro-chemistry of this all, if you know more on this than me here, which I suspect you might. This question begs answering for me, lest I ever have to endure such a situation, or advise others, again.
Old 25-11-2011, 06:06

23 y/o Male from United States
Euphorical should review received reputation comments.
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1

Very usefull and helpfull info this can one day save someone's life, even SWIM or SWIY.
Old 26-02-2012, 06:20
Silver Member

Male from Scotland
Hardstepa is captain of the psychonauts.Hardstepa is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 311, Level: 2 Points: 311, Level: 2 Points: 311, Level: 2
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

dog takes a hit of heroin after a failed detox attempt where he was using valium.After 48hrs of cold turkey which he used around 300mg of valium he took a hit after giving some to 2 friends.He took only a small amount not even half what the others took but because of high levels of benzos still in his blood from night before and reduced tolerance after detox attempt it was too much.His girlfriend had went out of the room after taking her dose to let the third person out.When she came back into the room dog is unconscious so an ambulance was called and arrived very quickly and gave dog naloxone injection.He came round immediately after this and all effects of heroin had gone.He wasnt in withdrawls but wasnt high either.He declined the paramedics taking him to hospital for aftercare.This is where it gets darker....

About 2 or 3 hours after this happened he leaves his own house and goes to another friends place.Although he never took any more heroin he went into a VERY heavy gouch/nod when the naloxone wore off him.If he hadnt been in company at the time who managed to bring him round he would have probably not woke up again.He thinks this must have been due to the large amounts of valium in his blood combined with the heroin.

This happened several years ago and its only now that hes detoxing that the actual thought of how near to death he was at the time has sunk in.After it happened while still on drugs he didnt really think much of it it was just a story to tell his mates.Now he realises how near to death he has been on several occasions and though he is doing a detox just now down to 5mg methadone a day his head has came out of the fog and he is finished with heroin.He now has access to naloxone from drug agencies as some of his loved ones still use heroin he hopes this will stop him losing anyone from drugs.He is in scotland where addicts and people connected with them have good access to naloxone.
Old 04-06-2012, 17:57
Silver Member

35 y/o Female from United States
lovage is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 120, Level: 1 Points: 120, Level: 1 Points: 120, Level: 1

Great thread! Does anyone know in the U.S. if you go to a fire department for an overdose if they contact the police?
Old 18-07-2012, 07:35

29 y/o Female from United States
swtcheeks is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

I would go to the hospital before going to the fire department if there is enough time to drive. The police were never called with my overdoses simply because my friend would say it was a seizure to the 911 dispatchers. After cleaning up the place and my pockets, they would tell the paramedics, once they arrived, that they believed I relapsed. As long as I was cooperative, they never called the police.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:29

DragonBallZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

My son, a 23 year old man 240 pounds, 6 ft tall had weaned off methadone
after taking for 5 years. Was off about 4 weeks, then died accidentally. I don't know which is lethal, or how much of each it was. How many drinks, how many pills etc. What killed him, and did he suffer?
The toxicology report said:
codeine 0.01%
morphine 0.11mg/L
6-monoacetyl morphine 0.6mg/L
alcohol 0.12%

How to find out the amounts?
Old 13-08-2012, 11:18
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
kasbeq really adds to the discussion.kasbeq really adds to the discussion.kasbeq really adds to the discussion.kasbeq really adds to the discussion.kasbeq really adds to the discussion.kasbeq really adds to the discussion.
Points: 909, Level: 4 Points: 909, Level: 4 Points: 909, Level: 4

DragonBallz

First of all let me express my condolences for your loss .
It is very difficult to answer your question as any answer would be a speculation . If I where to speculate based on info that you provided, I would say that it seems like heroin overdose. Morphine and 6-monoacetyl morphine in toxicology report translates as heroin, and your son being off for 4 weeks means that his tolerance to opiates was significantly reduced , as far as suffering I would only have to guess based on circumstances and experiences from overdose cases that have recovered, and a great portion of them report that its like falling asleep, no pain, no suffering.

I would also take this opportunity to advise you that you seek some bereavement counselling , it will help you come to terms and cope with your loss.

Take care

Last edited by kasbeq; 13-08-2012 at 11:19. Reason: adding
Old 11-02-2013, 15:18
Silver Member

Male from Canada
TurboGolf is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 178, Level: 2 Points: 178, Level: 2 Points: 178, Level: 2
Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5%

I have a question.. if no one responds to this i'll start a new thread to ask but i didn't want to simply take up extra space in the forum, i was reading the symptoms of an overdose

but is it possible to wake up from an overdose with no one around?

and lets say you don't experience all of those symptoms but u experience

slow breathing
dry mouth
drowiness

and then u fall over and pass out like not even 2 minutes after u untie the belt

is that just passing out or considered an overdose?
Old 07-04-2013, 06:54

dianibm is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

This may seem like a really silly question, but I know someone who does it alone, usually, for pain relief when it's bad and nothing else is available. Any info I can give my friend that may help if he ever ODs? Like could there be any kind of a warning signal, at which point he should call 911 (or 999 depending on where you live)? He'd be so upset that I'm even asking this because I'm sure he's sure he knows what he's doing, but I'd hate to lose another friend. Is it really true the OD doesn't usually happen within the first hour? Why is that? Within the first hour, I'd assume it's made it's way throughout the body. What would change a few hours later that could cause an OD?

Thanks for entertaining my (probably) naive questions.

dianibm added 0 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

oh! just realized I awoken a dead thread. My apologies.

Last edited by dianibm; 07-04-2013 at 06:54. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-04-2013, 07:45
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 8,976, Level: 13 Points: 8,976, Level: 13 Points: 8,976, Level: 13
Activity: 48.5% Activity: 48.5% Activity: 48.5%

Dianibm,

Not a silly question at all, and one thing to the 'dead' thread,- this is not necroposting if you have to adde a question to a topic, we'd rather have our members search for what topic they want to ask on and add to an already existing thread, indeed, here it is frowned upon to open new threads before one has looked out for an answer oneself.

To try to answer your question:
My own few ODs on Heroin did not leave me any time to call for help, I just passed out directly after injecting and woke up again hours later. None of my ODs was bringing me actually to a point when I would not have come around again, much luck perhaps, given the long time of my use, or I just have a horse-like constitution.. a bit more could have been too much though.

OD appears while the concentration on receptor sites is flooding on, with this Heroin is the fastest of the opiates as it can pass the Blood-brain barreer easier than other opiates.
ODs don't appear very late after injection, given you don't add other central nervous depressants to it. This can be fatal even at later times, when the breath-suppressive properties of other substances add to those of Heroin. This could be benzodiazepines, alcohol, barbiturates and several other substances.

A real tip for your friend I have none, other than keep the dose as low as possible- which means to dose only for the soothing of pain, not for chasing the high.

Hope I could enlighten you a bit.

BBW
Old 15-05-2013, 08:25

Male from United States
Sxmac should review received reputation comments.
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1

I know I'm pretty far down in the post but I just wanna say that if u can get them over it by slapping them or yelling at them there probslly big overdosing there just to high n cent handle they shit

Sxmac added 4 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Or u can't handle the fact that there on s bomb one lol cuz I've woken up many people by slapping them n seem people get thrown in bath tubs but I seriously don't think they were overdosing just really really high

Last edited by Sxmac; 15-05-2013 at 08:25. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-09-2013, 22:19

YorickBrown is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

Here in Seattle at the needle exchanges, they started handing out Naloxone kits with 3 single use vials, 3 clean syringes, a card with a 5 step process on how to properly administer, and alcohol pads. Pretty cool. Not sure when this was implemented, as I recently relapsed after 6 years clean, but it's a fantastic idea.
Old 10-09-2013, 22:53
Silver Member

Male from United States
dankplantgrower is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 140, Level: 1 Points: 140, Level: 1 Points: 140, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

The CPR post above states you should deliver 30 chest compressions at a rate of 100 times per minute. Can someone clarify for the users who lack math skills or are intoxicated?
Old 10-09-2013, 23:20

Male from United Kingdom
jellyhashman is an unknown quantity at this point
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankplantgrower View Post
The CPR post above states you should deliver 30 chest compressions at a rate of 100 times per minute. Can someone clarify for the users who lack math skills or are intoxicated?

Find a song with an 100 beats per minute (bpm). Then think of the song when doing CPR and go to the beat.
Old 10-09-2013, 23:39
Silver Member

Male from United States

Your post doesnt make any sense. 30 times per minute at a rate of 100 BPM. If I "went to the beat" of a 100 BPM song, Id be compressing at 100 BPM. In addition,I dont own a BPM counter, nor will I be in a state of mind to recall individual songs, or workout that math in my panicked head while my buddy is turning blue on the floor and dying.

Anyone who knows what they're talking about have a simpler way to express "30 chest compressions at a rate of 100 times per minute" for those of us with weak math skills?

Last edited by dankplantgrower; 10-09-2013 at 23:53. Reason: being nice
Old 10-09-2013, 23:58

Male from United Kingdom

Quote:
What a useless reply.

I dont own a BPM counter, nor will I be in a state of mind to recall individual songs, or workout some math in my head while my buddy is turning blue on the floor and dying.

Well your fucked then cause it don't get any easier than that. You don't need a BPM counter and don't see how it could be put any simpler. If your that intoxicated, then you'd be best of phoning for an ambulance instead of trying to fuck about.

jellyhashman added 9 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Quote:
Your post doesnt make any sense. 30 times per minute at a rate of 100 BPM. If I "went to the beat" of a 100 BPM song, Id be compressing at 100 BPM. In addition,I dont own a BPM counter, nor will I be in a state of mind to recall individual songs, or workout that math in my panicked head while my buddy is turning blue on the floor and dying.

Anyone who knows what they're talking about have a simpler way to express "30 chest compressions at a rate of 100 times per minute" for those of us with weak math skills?

It's 20 to 30 compressions to two breaths of air, you need to be doing an 100 compressions a minute.

jellyhashman added 1 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyhashman View Post
Well your fucked then cause it don't get any easier than that. You don't need a BPM counter and don't see how it could be put any simpler. If your that intoxicated, then you'd be best of phoning for an ambulance instead of trying to fuck about.

jellyhashman added 9 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

It's 20 to 30 compressions to two breaths of air, you need to be doing an 100 compressions a minute.
And I have completed 3 first aid courses thank you very much and the song one is the easiest way too remember...

Last edited by jellyhashman; 10-09-2013 at 23:58. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-09-2013, 00:00
Silver Member

Male from United States

I guess I am fucked then, because you arent explaining it clearly enough.

Anyone put it more simpler? Like one pump every 2 seconds or something? Im not going to be able to recall music BPMs or do math like that in a panic, Ive never calculated a songs BPM in my life.
Old 11-09-2013, 00:04

Male from United Kingdom

Quote:
Youre telling me to deliver chest compressions 100 times per minute.

The post I quoted says to deliver 30 compressions at a rate of 100 times per minute.

You need to work on your reading comprehension buddy.
Do you think 100bpm is too much or not enough ? Genuine question.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:19
Silver Member

Male from United States

Well the way Im picturing in my head, 100 times per minute sounds too fast, and 30 times not enough duration. Thats just shy of 2 compressions per second right? Im picturing just pushing their chest down 2x per second for 15ish seconds.

From what Ive seen on TV and such, looks slower than 2 compressions per second, and longer than 15 seconds. Im probably way off but now you see where Im coming from at least.

Share this on:

Tags
addicts, alcohol, analgesic, buprenorphine, cns depressant, deaths, diacetylmorphine, diamorphine, drowsiness, drug use, fentanyl, half life, heartbeat, heroin, heroin death, heroin overdose, heroin overdose myths, heroin use, heroin user, heroin users, injecting, journal, morphine, naloxone, naloxone use, narcan, opiate, opiate od, opiate overdose, opiates, opioid, overdose, overdose reversal, polydrug use, quinine, recovery from addiction, route of administration, smoking heroin, snorting heroin, suboxone, tolerance, wales