Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 03-09-2013, 10:57

22 y/o Male from United States
psychedelics60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%
PLEASE READ! 75mg morphine, slowed breathing?!

hi everyone

please excuse my freakout, I feel like such a dork as this is my 2nd post lol

I'm use opiates rarely. Today I took 45mg extended release at 8pm, snorted another 15mg 1-2 hours later around 10pm, and another 15mg snorted 2 hours later at 12am

I got really nauseous when coming down (I think) like 2 hours after my last dose, but it has since subsided for the most part

It is now 6am and it has almost been 6 hours since the last dose and my breathing still seems reasonably slowed. Sometimes ill even pause 1-2 seconds before beginning to inhale (I noticed this when falling asleep)

so now im frantically panicking and trying to stay up until this goes away

Is this normal? should I be concerned? I had heard oral morphine was pretty weak

Please excuse all my grammar mistakes, but im flipping out!

someone please help and reply to this!

psychedelics60 added 5 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Also I still have that "opiate lightheaded-ness" and my pupils are still pinpont

Last edited by psychedelics60; 03-09-2013 at 10:57. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-09-2013, 11:09
Silver Member

Female from United States
Pain-pal is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: PLEASE READ! 75mg morphine, slowed breathing?!

Hello. You shouldn't be feeling a "comedown" (better known as withdrawal) for a couple of reasons. First, you rarely use opiates so your body shouldn't be physically dependent. Second, you took 45mg of ER morphine which stays in your system for 12 hours. I'm inclined to think you may have over done it and could be experiencing symptoms of overdosing. You would be wise to seek medical attention. At the her least, don't go to sleep while your breathing is still labored.

You are correct that orally morphine sucks. It has a very low oral bioavailability and an even lower nasal bioavailability.

Again, I strongly suggest you seek medical attention if its even remotely possible that you could be OD'ing.
Old 03-09-2013, 13:09

Oh man. I am panicking even more now

To update, its been 12 hours since the initial 45mg dose and I now mainly just geel extremely tired. Breathing is still slowed, but I thought that was normal? Im so confused. I read here on this forum to start out w/60mg for a good effect so I thought I was playing it safe. BTW I weight 220. Does that play a role?

When can I fall asleep? I thought the half life was really short?
Old 03-09-2013, 13:18
Palladium Member

43 y/o Male from England
Space Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline Medline
Points: 5,782, Level: 11 Points: 5,782, Level: 11 Points: 5,782, Level: 11
Activity: 29.9% Activity: 29.9% Activity: 29.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychedelics60 View Post
Oh man. I am panicking even more now

To update, its been 12 hours since the initial 45mg dose and I now mainly just geel extremely tired. Breathing is still slowed, but I thought that was normal? Im so confused. I read here on this forum to start out w/60mg for a good effect so I thought I was playing it safe. BTW I weight 220. Does that play a role?

When can I fall asleep? I thought the half life was really short?
Ok, stop freaking.

You are fine and are not displaying any signs of extreme central nervous system depression. You concious for starters...and have used opiates before so know you are not hyper-sensitive.

Snorting Morphine is about the poorest way to take it, so very little of that actually got into your system. The 45mg is ER, which even if your chewed it is highly unlikely to kill anybody.

Plus you wouldn't be freaking out like this.

You have got high, and now your nodding. Its normal.

p.s don't know where you read that 60mg is a good starting dose. I'd say 10mg if totally opiate naive, just to check for sensitivity. If you had crushed and plugged that 75mg we could be talking a different story.

Last edited by Space Numpty; 03-09-2013 at 13:46. Reason: got total dose wrong...d'oh
Old 03-09-2013, 13:22
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 14,963, Level: 17 Points: 14,963, Level: 17 Points: 14,963, Level: 17
Activity: 16.7% Activity: 16.7% Activity: 16.7%

By this time you should be ok love as the pills were the extended release (slow release) preparation of this drug, so will only be putting a small amount into your body at one time, not the whole 85 mgs at once. But you still need to get it checked out as there might be some reason that you felt this so hard, even considering your naivety with/to opiates. Is there someone that you can go sit with, or that can maybe come and stay with you, just to stop you from panicking any further, cuz I think that's perhaps what happened to you earlier? In keeping with the ethos of drugs forum and it's policy on harm reduction I strongly suggest that in future you research any drug that you intend to use before you use it, not afterward. Next time this might be too late, love. I'm not nagging or trying to lecture you, I just want you to stay safe, ok?

Sparkles.
Old 03-09-2013, 14:00

Thanks so much to EVERYONE who has replied so far. Its helped a lot and I feel the love guys/gals

I thought I had done my research on morphine, but it seems like I didnt do enough. There was a thread on here where I based my dose off of comparing 15-20mg oxy to 60mg morphine

I still feel a little off, but I feel like im progressing to a normal state. My eyes are slowly returning to their normal size, I dont feel as faint or light-headed (just real exhausted) im starting to ne able to pee.again (though I can tell the muscle is pretty relaxed still) and the nausea has gone away.

I came to my wonderful sisters to chill out, but she has to leave in a few minutes. Does everyone think its safe to sleep? I still catch my breathing pausing when I start nodding out.

Would it be a bad idea to eat and/or smoke bud?

Im so surprised this all happened tonight! I was fine before I went walking for an hour. Please excuse my spelling errors as im ising my crappy phone! lol
Old 03-09-2013, 15:03
Silver Member

Female from United States
Pain-pal is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I'm really sorry I caused you to worry further. I should have considered that as a possible reaction to my words. And I should have elaborated a little on my thoughts. I certainly didn't mean that you were on the verge of death and needed to rush to a hospital. Again, my apologies. I hope you are feeling better now.

Thanks to Space Numpty & Miss Sparkles for following up so quickly with much better and more thorough information & advice.

Have a great day.
Old 03-09-2013, 15:09

Hey man, don't apologize! You were just posting your honest opinion, and I appreciate that a lot. I took it into serious consideration but decided to get more opinions before making a move

I do feel much better now though, thanks for asking dude. I'm going to hit the hay, I'll post here when I wake up to let everyone know how I'm doing

P.S. I just want to apologize again for all my grammar/spelling mistakes, as I know how annoying that can be! Everyone on this forum has been so great though, much love and peace to all of you! <3
Old 03-09-2013, 15:24

missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute

Quite a few people who use these meds for pain control find that they need breakthrough meds, just to get them through the twelve hours that these specific drugs are supposed to last for. I'm one of the people who find that E/R morphine begins to wear off at around the 9-10 hour mark, so need I/R morphine (Sevredol) to get me through those extra couple of hours. It may be the same for you too, but even if you don't metabolise meds this quickly, you should be coming to the end of the effects of these pills, and that panicky feeling you have is just that, panic. I really believe that if anything were going to happen it would have done so by now, love.

I do know that in the past, when I've taken an extra large dose, more than I'd usually use, I too feel panicky, like I have little butterflies in my stomach. I also feel really energetic as opposed to tired or sleepy. The opposite of how you'd expect to feel after using a hefty dose of morphine, E/R or I/R. Is it possible for you to go for a walk, get some fresh air? If so, as you walk find yourself breathing steadily but calmly, not a fast walk, more of a stroll, then you can relax as you walk and that panic should begin to subside, sweetheart. If a walk isn't possible then just sit down, near an open window if possible, and take some slow deep breaths. Both of these strategies should enable you to calm down, which in turn will make you feel more in control of the situation.

If at any time you feel unable to control your breathing and/or you feel like you can't stay awake, you know to call for help, right? Never take chances with your health sweetheart, it's not worth the risk is it, ever?

Sparkles.
Old 03-09-2013, 23:07

Hello everyone! I'm happy to report I am fine!

Yes, it did begin to wear off around 10 hours into it

I went for a walk before bed though, and even when peaking, it seemed to make me feel better each time. It's funny what you said about getting energetic instead of sleepy, because that was happening to me during the peak.

I just don't know what happened, everything was going pretty awesome, then I went for a reasonably tiring walk for about an hour, and when I got home I began to feel very nauseous and light headed. I had to lay down for a bit and began falling asleep. This is when I began to notice what I perceived to be slightly abnormal breathing. I'm not sure if it was, or just regular slowed breathing due to depressant use. How is it that one can tell anyways?

If I continued to feel as bad as I did, I was going to seek medical attention. Thankfully, the feeling did not last

I want to thank everyone for their prompt responses and for caring so much! It really helped me out a lot. Much love to you guys/gals

Now that I know 45-75mg is a pretty hefty dose for me, can anyone recommend another starting dose? I kinda wanted to try to feel the positives of the experiences again today. Thoughts? Good idea, bad idea?

Love you all! <3
Old 04-09-2013, 11:17

Remember that you took the slow release, or extended preparation of this drug, not the instant release. The dose you'd need would be completely different depending on which one you took. Personally if I were you I'd get hold of the i/r version of this drug and use about 20mgs to begin with. This will give you the nice effects without overwhelming you with the more sleepy type side effects. Having said all of that why not do a little bit more research and find another drug that has similar effects, yet is less addictive. I can see you ending up using this drug more and more and eventually ending up with a problem with it. No, don't say it would never happen to you, we all thought that before we became addicted, but it still happened. Addiction doesn't discriminate love, rich or poor, healthy or ill, clever or stupid, whatever your gender or sexuality. I could keep on with this list, you get the picture...right?

Sparkles.
Old 13-11-2013, 16:29

21 y/o Male from United Kingdom
areweonair is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain-pal View Post
I'm really sorry I caused you to worry further. I should have considered that as a possible reaction to my words. And I should have elaborated a little on my thoughts. I certainly didn't mean that you were on the verge of death and needed to rush to a hospital. Again, my apologies. I hope you are feeling better now.

Thanks to Space Numpty & Miss Sparkles for following up so quickly with much better and more thorough information & advice.

Have a great day.
You did the right thing advising him but sometimes people who are freaking out just need to hear somebody say that they'll be fine and they settle down.

Share this on: