Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 05-08-2013, 21:43

20 y/o Male from United States
MikeBane is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
How Long After Snorting Heroin Do You Know If You OD'd?

I'm looking for a few answers. I am looking for your experiences if you have OD'd, how long it took and how much (also if you consider yourself to have a low-medium-high tolerance).

I have recently developed an anxiety problem while for the first time in my life scoring 2 high quality h4 stamps. High quality, but I doubt it's anything over 50-70%. I've used them probably 6 times in the past 2.5 weeks. I consider myself to have no tolerance, been doing small bumps, but even though I am extremely careful like that I sometimes worry instead of enjoy the drug because I begin to get a little sweat, head feels funny, then bam anxiety kicks in and ads to my paranoia.

What are some early warning signs? Can you OD if you keep breathing (can keep breathing)? Again, generally at what time do OD's occur after snorting?

I thank you all for this and hope I can contribute more to this forum.
Old 05-08-2013, 23:37
Silver Member

Male from USA - Oregon
the2headedboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%
Re: How Long After Snorting Heroin Do You Know If You OD'd?

Usually if you fall out, stop breathing, and die.

Post Quality Evaluations:
this is a use-less oneliner which is obvious and not funny.
Overdose isn't a joke. Useless and tasteless oneliner.
A oneliner which really ain't funny
Old 06-08-2013, 00:03
Titanium Member

27 y/o Female from United States
headfull0fstars must live here.headfull0fstars must live here.headfull0fstars must live here.headfull0fstars must live here.headfull0fstars must live here.headfull0fstars must live here.headfull0fstars must live here.headfull0fstars must live here.
Points: 2,466, Level: 7 Points: 2,466, Level: 7 Points: 2,466, Level: 7
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%

There are so many factors that I think it would really be impossible to give an accurate answer. Everyone metabolizes at different rates. When I was snorting I had this arbitrary idea of waiting 15 minutes and then feeling like I had made it past the OD timeframe.

One of the benefits of using snorting as your ROA is that you can start out small and keep adding small amounts until you get to the place you want. I'd advise you take advantage of that. If you're afraid of overdosing maybe start out with half the amount you would usually use then if after 15 minutes or so you aren't where you want to be you can do more little by little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-08-2013, 05:23

20 y/o Male from United States
MikeBane is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by headfull0fstars View Post
There are so many factors that I think it would really be impossible to give an accurate answer. Everyone metabolizes at different rates. When I was snorting I had this arbitrary idea of waiting 15 minutes and then feeling like I had made it past the OD timeframe.

One of the benefits of using snorting as your ROA is that you can start out small and keep adding small amounts until you get to the place you want. I'd advise you take advantage of that. If you're afraid of overdosing maybe start out with half the amount you would usually use then if after 15 minutes or so you aren't where you want to be you can do more little by little.

Thanks, but is 15min really the "okay you're safe" point or since it metabolizes slowly shouldn't we have to wait longer? Or is it generally safe to say if you're not on the ground, not breathing, after 15min you're good to rebump a small bump?
Old 06-08-2013, 12:39
Titanium Member

27 y/o Female from United States
headfull0fstars must live here.headfull0fstars must live here.headfull0fstars must live here.headfull0fstars must live here.headfull0fstars must live here.headfull0fstars must live here.headfull0fstars must live here.headfull0fstars must live here.
Points: 2,466, Level: 7 Points: 2,466, Level: 7 Points: 2,466, Level: 7
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%
How Long After Snorting Heroin Do You Know If You OD'd?

There is no way to tell you when you out of the danger zone for overdosing. Everyone metabolizes differently and there are many other factors as well. I overdosed in my sleep hours after I injected heroin, many times injection can lead to overdose while the needle is still in your arm.

Why are you asking this question? Are you trying to reduce the risk of using heroin by taking it in smaller increments and want to know how long to wait or by making sure someone is there to get you help for the amount of time you feel is when an overdose would occur? Maybe if I knew the reason you were asking I could give you a better answer.

Edit sorry- I just saw in your reply that you asked when it was safe to dose again in a smaller amount. When I was using I would wait 15 minutes. I'm not quite sure where I got that idea from. Maybe it was that I usually felt the full effects from that point. Unfortunately, as long as heroin is illegal users will never know what they are getting potency wise. This makes using a lot more dangerous than say taking a pill that has a certain amount of milligrams and the user can learn how it will effect them.

If you are looking for a safer (still not completely safe) ROA you could try smoking it instead of snorting. The effects of smoking heroin are felt the fastest of all ROAs- even faster than injecting. You can take hit after hit until you are where you want to be.

Sound advice! You can't tell potency OD is always a risk

Last edited by headfull0fstars; 06-08-2013 at 12:45.
Old 09-08-2013, 17:16
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from Canada
beenoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3%

Hi there MikeBane,

There have been a lot of good answers on this post to your question but I will throw my two cents in as well. Heroin OD from snorting is fairly unlikely as long as you use proper harm reduction techniques. I find that the majority of people that even use this site are ones that would like to find the safest way to use there DOC (Drug of Choice).

As long as you do smaller bumps and wait in between each dose (at least 15 minutes) you should find that you are perfectly okay. No one can tell you how much to dose or what is too much because no one knows your body or your tolerance. That being said it is still harder to OD while snorting (Note* I said harder not impossible there is no way to tell the potency of any street drug) in my experience I would get sick and throw up before I reached any point of being in danger to my life. (not saying throwing up is not life threatening in some case's) but I would find myself to be okay as long as you practice harm reduction techniques.

Based on how you described your use I believe that you will be perfectly safe. You seem like a smart guy capable of making good educated decisions. Stay safe and have fun!

Peace, Beenoman

It's dangerous to tell someone that they will be perfectly safe snorting heroin. Doing heroin comes with inherent risks and it is not perfectly safe.
Old 18-01-2014, 08:08

Male from United States
70chickens needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

I know this is an old forum, but I have to put my 2 cents in.
First off, in no way whatsoever did the poster above me imply that snorting heroin is safe. He/she did not say," yea snorting will keep ypu from overdosing, so go ahead and do it. The 1 red star should be removed. An inaccurate critique will not help anyone. Afterall, that seems to be the purpose of this great website, which has helps many people that I know stay safe. He/she even said to use safety techniques that someone they know has obviously used before.
To the OP... the poster above me made a very good point. You can always redose, but you cannot undose. So their advise to use small amounts until you reach your happy place is the safest way, next to abstaining of course, of preventing an overdose if you insist on snorting. And they are indeed correct about the fact that it is "harder" to od snorting. There are far more deaths and non fatal overdoses from injecting than snorting or smoking. You could pin that on the assumption that most heroin users prefer to IV their product. That particular statistic I could not find, although I did try for future people in need of the information.

One more thing, just to be as safe as possible, I would start with a minuscule dose. And by that I mean as small as humanly possible, but just enough to taste that it is indeed what you payed for. The reason I say this is because I know many, many people who has recieve something other than what they payed for. These people I know buy their product in sketchy neighborhoods, and so the people are willing to beat you woth just about whatever they can find. Whether that be rat poison or lactose powder. Always be sure that you are not ingesting something even more harmful than heroin. Word of advise, if it smells like bleach, throw it away. If it burns, really really bad, you should probably get rid of it. If that burn last more than a minute... cut your losses and thrpw it out. Trust me, I know people who have been put in bad situations because of fake or tainted heroin.
Be as careful as humanly possible people. Your life may depend on it. Good luck.

Share this on: