Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Hydrocodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 01-12-2011, 04:53
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

32 y/o Male from United States
jman1982 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Filling Norco To Soon

Hello all, SWIM wanted to know if anyone has ever gotten into trouble or anything for trying to get a script filled too early. The problem is SWIM lost his script along with his clothes at the airport. SWIM has (5) refills on his Norco 10/325's and has tried about (4) times to get them filled early at Walgreens, they keep putting it back to (5) refills and not do it. Don't know why SWIM would get into trouble, other than them thinking SWIM is a "head". Have you ever heard of someone losing their script due to this kind of activity? Also SWIM did hear that you might be able to get them filled withen a (2) day window (Walgreens says 12/06 can SWIM fill on the 12/04)? Thank you for all of your help, J
Old 01-12-2011, 05:06
Silver Member

33 y/o Male from United States
TooFastTim is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: Filling Norco To Soon

I suppose the mist that could happen is the pharmacy akerts your doctor that your trying to get your meds a bit early. But let me ask you if your giing throyfh your script that quick maybe contacting your doctor is the best bet. As he xoukd give ya prior authorization and get you your medicine

I guess what I'm trying to say is being up front with your doctor is the best way to get your meds in a way you need them the pharmacy can only do what the doctor has written for ya I'm sure it is possible to get em early but if maybe you had mire you would not be running out early so often
Old 01-12-2011, 05:14
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

32 y/o Male from United States
jman1982 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Thanks Tim, my doctor is kind of like family, he knows me all to well, which sucks sometimes, but I really did lose my scripts at the airport and he says he has to follow DEA rules. Go figure!!! This really sucks...... Thank you Tim for your reply.

Just Found this in case anyone else wants to know:
Schedule III Through V Prescriptions

The life of a schedule III through V prescription is six (6) months. The state limits the quantity of each prescription for a schedule III through V controlled medication to a ninety (90)-day supply and refills are limited to five (5). If authorized for refill, no prescription shall be refilled sooner than 48 hours prior to the time that the prescription should be consumed if the prescribed daily dosage is divided into the total prescribed amount. (Example: 4 daily divided into 100 dosage units = 25 days.) Carry over time shall not accrue between refills. In the event that the practitioner does not specify an exact daily dosage, the dispenser shall calculate date of refill from the usual daily dosage recommended by the manufacturer of the controlled substance.
Old 05-04-2012, 22:07
Silver Member

30 y/o Female from United States
dakota_girl is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 68, Level: 1 Points: 68, Level: 1 Points: 68, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

i'm a pharmacy technician and generally, if the patient doesn't have a history of early filling or specific instructions from the doctor (ie. must last 30 days, etc) then we've filled schedule III drugs even 10 days before the technical "due date". the laws might vary from state to state and it can be up to the pharmacist discretion as well. if you have a good relationship with your doctor and they trust that you DID lose your medicine, then they can call the pharmacist and give an okay for an early refill, for this one particular time. the doctor, pharmacist, tech, etc all have board licenses and if the patient is caught doing something illegal, all of the people who handled the medicine (doc, pharmacist, etc) can get their license suspended or lose it all together. that's why having a good relationship with all those people is important to always maintain.

Post Quality Evaluations:
insightful. Point on having good contact to med.personnel
Useful insight from the other side of the counter
Old 02-08-2013, 06:06

32 y/o Female from United States
kitty k is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I've had this problem... to be completely honest.. I've just plain gone thru my meds too quickly ...and I've been honest with my doc about it, and he just writes me something different of equal value until I can get my normal filled. It's a way to stay within the state laws and keep me from getting sick. I get reprimanded for it.. and he doesn't like it to happen but pain is pain... I rather be honest with him than make up silly stories and look crazy.

kitty k added 1 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Not saying that YOU are making up stories or are crazy by any means... I just saw how that looked...lol. I'm just saying how I would feel if I had to make up a story!

Last edited by kitty k; 02-08-2013 at 06:06. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-08-2013, 16:51
Titanium Member

Female from Earth
thespeedofdark is a decent psychonaut.thespeedofdark is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 254, Level: 2 Points: 254, Level: 2 Points: 254, Level: 2
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

My pharmacy will usually fill my Norco 10/325 prescription 5 days early. It depends on your pharmacy, but also on your insurance. I know people who use the same pharmacy but have different insurance, and they can only get their refills 2 days early due to insurance regulations.

However, if you really did lose your script/meds, definitely tell your doctor. I had my Norco, Lyrica (pregabalin), and a few other drugs stolen out of my suitcase at a hotel several months ago, and I called my doc and explained. He just called in a new script. Of course, because he called in for the same exact medication (120 Norco 10/325's), the pharmacy wouldn't fill it since I'd just filled it 2.5 weeks before. However, I brought in the police report I filed about the incident, and the pharmacist gave me enough of each of my meds to make it until my next refill date, so it ended up being okay.

Basically, the others are right - be honest with your doctor. If you're always honest about your meds, they are much more likely to help you in a time of need like this.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:04
Mercury Member

24 y/o Male from United States
BudBarsBlues needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

This kind of thing does happen. Most pharmacies would understand and fill it for you anyway. However in this case your trying to fill a controlled drug which is a different story. The person you need to convince is your doc, not your pharmacist. Tell the doctor what happened and ask him to call you in a new one. Or an early refill. And don't start the convo with "hey doc listen I'm not a druggie but I just seriously lost my meds." Just say you lost the bottle and if he says anything like well how do I not know if your abusing them or not, just say okay yeah I understand sorry i"ll just wait. I guarantee once you seem like you don't mind, he'll fill it for you.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:21
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from United States
mistman is a decent psychonaut.mistman is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 387, Level: 3 Points: 387, Level: 3 Points: 387, Level: 3
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

Hey jman1982, have't seen you around in a while.

File it as a lost script. Our insurance allows up to 2 lost scripts every 6 months. You will need to get your Doc's ok. It would be good if he writes "OK to fill early" on the script to pacify the pharmacist.
Old 17-08-2013, 19:27

36 y/o Male from United States
BigGreenMonsta is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I have gotten my Norco refilled up to 10 days early. But then the pharmacy started getting strict on me. Then they wouldn't refill it until 4 days early
And then they started refusing to fill it early at all. If I got bit filled on the 28th, they would NOT give me a refill until the 28th of the next month. Even when filling a completely new script, they refused to fill it earlier than 30 days from my last fill. I got to the point where I don't use that pharmacy anymore.
Old 29-08-2013, 12:43
Silver Member

44 y/o Male from United States
OceanDreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

I am having the same problem as BigGreenMonsta. My Pharmacy (that I have been with for years) will no longer fill my Hydro scrip even 1 day early. For the entire time I have been on them, they would fill 5-7 days early, but this month when I called them in (I have RF's on the bottle) on Monday of this week (the 26th), the Pharmacists said no.

He would not even fill them yesterday (1 day "early"), even though I explained to him that I would take my last dose at bedtime last night. SO (since I can not sleep without them, and even then I only sleep a few hours, I took my last dose). Now I can not do anything but count down the hours until they open and go without for 6-8 hours until they open.....

He told me the DEA is going after the pharmacists big time because it's easier to yank a Pharm license then an MD license, and most MD's are telling them to piss of..... they are going after the soft targets, and stopping the RF's at the point of sale no matter what the doc or insurance company says......
Old 16-10-2013, 15:30

19 y/o Male from United States
cameronn is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Since Hydrocodone (Norco) is a scheduled 3 Narcotic. You can fill them at the earliest every 28 Days, unless you're doctor puts a note otherwise. If you lose you're Pills while somewhere or someone stole them, It's against the law for you to get them replaced. you have to wait until you see ur doctor or when its time for you're refill. I take norco 10/325 also (120 a month) and have had mine stolen out of my car. (along with my xanax) i filled a police report but they couldn't do anything as far as replacing my medicine. I had to go without. Maybe things are different in each state, but in SC, that's how it works.

Share this on:

Tags
analgesic, dihydrocodeinone, hydrocodone, narcotic, norco, norcos, opioid, schedule ii, vicodin, vicodin es