Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Concerta & Ritalin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Concerta & Ritalin About Methylphenidate.

Old 24-05-2013, 03:45

Male from Earth
spawn6115 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
40mg of Ritalin ER ..no effect?

my friend took one 20mg of Ritalin ER (teva 5356)...about an hour later he felt nothing and took another 20mg of ritalin... its been about 4 hours later and he still feels noting only a bit nervous .. should he take 60mg next time?
Old 24-05-2013, 04:01
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
crystal methodist is a decent psychonaut.crystal methodist is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: 40mg of Ritalin ER ..no effect?

That is a pretty big dose. A buddy of mine took 16 mg and had mucho effects all day through work. Stimulated to the max. I personally feel effects at 8mg. So you may be stimulant tolerant. Or your going to be pretty awake for the next day or so.
Old 28-07-2013, 22:38
Silver Member

21 y/o Female from Canada
quickiB is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn6115 View Post
my friend took one 20mg of Ritalin ER (teva 5356)...about an hour later he felt nothing and took another 20mg of ritalin... its been about 4 hours later and he still feels noting only a bit nervous .. should he take 60mg next time?
Ritalin is pretty weak to begin with, and the fact that is ER makes it even weaker. The ER causes it to release slowly and so you might get like 2-5 mg/h. A recreational doseage is more than 40mg...released at once! So, trying to get high off it is probably pointless. IR Ritalin would probably be more appropriate for that purpose, assuming you snort it. If taken orally, methylphenidate only gets absorbed at about 20-30%. Its like eating cocaine (for practical purposes, I know they are similar): if you're trying to get high, its just pointless and wasteful to eat it.
Old 29-07-2013, 00:04
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from USA - Colorado
Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.
Points: 3,349, Level: 8 Points: 3,349, Level: 8 Points: 3,349, Level: 8
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn6115 View Post
Whats your friends past history with stimulants?

The first stimulant, other than caffeine, my wife ever took was a 10mg adderall and got nothing off it. Then 3 months later, i gave her one of my 30mg adderall and she said she felt nothing but i could tell she was speeding pretty good. She did all kinds of research about Arkansas daycare infant curriculum. Printed it out and took the piece of paper and pinned it to the wall. Told the ladies in there, if they didnt start following this written law, then she would pull our children out and report them for not following the infant curriculum law. After all this, i asked are you feeling that pill?
Not really, i don't feel tired but i don't feel high or anything. (My wife has never gotten high off anything ever except for alcohol, so whats her basis for a high??)

I said, you are speeding your ass off, you are high as a kite. You just don't know what a high is, let alone a speed high. To this day she denies it.
I cant tell you that my wife wouldnt have done all that research, march into the infants room at daycare grab a pin and pin it right up on the wall and then making threats if she didn't get what she wanted. You know those ladies that were there that day hate her now. Hehe

My point was a speed high isn't like any other drugs high, it can be subtle to an unsuspecting user.

Last edited by Booty love; 29-07-2013 at 00:25.
Old 31-07-2013, 05:16

Female from Netherlands
carbide is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Sublingual absorption or taking 10mg Piperine can anhance bioavailability of stimulants.
Old 31-07-2013, 20:11
Silver Member

39 y/o Male from Canada
meth_latex_catsuit_doll is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbide View Post
Sublingual absorption or taking 10mg Piperine can anhance bioavailability of stimulants.
I would avoid at all costs taking my Ritalin script Sublingually (under the tongue) or Dipping it (between the lower cheek and lower gum or lip). Buccal absorption does enhance biovailability of Ritalin (in the order of 75%) and gives a quicker onset of action.... BUT in the long run, it causes irreversible tooth and gum damage, the fillers contained in Ritalin are not designed to be administered sub-lingually and clog the coronary artery, causing a buildup of cholesterol and dramatically increasing the risk of a heart attack. The risk is not worth for the little gain. Not to mention the awful taste...

I personally settled with Plugging (Rectal ROA). Biovailability of Ritalin is only second to IV. (I manage 95% BA - so dose half). Compared to ALL other methods, Plugging is the one with the fewer risks to worry. It hits in less than 6 minutes and can last for 5 hours... After which the comedown is not fun...
Old 09-08-2013, 13:26

19 y/o Male from United States
Unavailable is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

SWIM has been prescribed 40mg of Methylphenidate to be administer orally each morning for the past 6 months. So now that he wants to get high on them, it takes quite a lot. The first time he attempted, he snorted 20mg and popped 40mg, an hour later he still had felt nothing. So he then snorted another 20mg and drank 2 or 3 bud lights. He finally began to fell his first speed high, which was nothing amazing. He became jittery, nervous, hyper, and jumpy.

Last night he decided that he was going to truly go until he got the high he was looking for. Starting at 1:30am he began to cut up 40mg of Methylhenidate and by 2:00 he had it to a fine, absolutely non-flakey powder - trying to get it so fine that it wouldn't get caught in his nose. He did half of it and felt a speed rush at least 2x better than the high he got from the 80mg and 2-3 beers from the day before. So he decided to look up a better way to take it that didn't involve plugging (-_-)'...

He mixed 40mg into a soda and drank it, then snorted the rest of the Methylphenidate he had already cut up. After this he really started to feel wide awake, it was roughly 3:00am, and he was jittery, and nervous. He moked a cig to calm his nerves, and then decided to try the last 40mg (that he had limited himself to) sublingually. At this point his speed high had almost completely diminished.

After about 20 minutes he noticed a great euphoria, numbness in his mouth, and an amazing all-over, somewhat "tingly" feeling. It was quite a good high. He was relaxed and almost felt like he cold fall asleep; however with over 100mg of Methylphenidate in his system he could do nothing but lay on his waterbed, close his eyes, and mellow-out. This high lasted until around 5:00am.

Now he is still wide-awake and hasn't gotten a wink of sleep in over 24 hours.
SWIM says that many people claim that snorting 40 - 60mg will have them higher than a kite and awake for several days. SWIM feels that he must argue that, for one - he has a very, very high tolerance to this drug, and for two, "everyone who says this is lucky as hell, because SWIM has to use a minimum of 100mg to get a decent high - be it snorted, or not."

Overall, some people are just unlucky with certain drugs. I personally can smoke 2 bowl packs of some mids (as I live in a location where Marijuana is legal), and be baked; however my friend must smoke 5 packs of grade-a sh*t to feel anything. We both started smoking it at the same time and smoke it just as often as one-another, so it's not that he built up his tolerance. Some people's brain chemistry just requires more of certain drugs to get the same high as someone else's - even if neither have any tolerance to it.

Sorry, ended up off-topic a little... SWIM has ADD, give him a break. Lol.

Summery: 40mg to SWIM is literally like sniffing a sharpie... He takes that every day as a prescription. If your friend has a tolerance, he may need quite a bit more.

Suggestions: Popping them is a waste, you'll need like 100mg to feel anything that way. Try snorting 20-40mg. With Ritalin ER, SWIM doesn't think taking it sublingually will be too effective - he could be wrong, though.
If all else fails, just grind 20 - 40mg into a fine powder and mix it with some beer/Whiskey. Please if you do this, be responsible, as alcohol enhances any drug's effectiveness quite a bit. So don't over do it.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please don't use swim, per the DF rules.

Share this on:

Tags
methylphenidate, ritalin, uppers