Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Tobacco
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 13-07-2007, 03:16
Silver Member

Male from United States
GenaroXVIII is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Uncured tobacco questions

Native Americans have been said to have smoke uncured tobacco. And furthermore that this tobacco is much more potent because nicotine is lost in the curing process.

Is this accurate? --about the potency, not the Native Americans

Is uncured tobacco marketed?

Is it even worth exploring? = /
Old 13-07-2007, 09:15
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
tayo probably knows what they are talking about.tayo probably knows what they are talking about.tayo probably knows what they are talking about.tayo probably knows what they are talking about.tayo probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,386, Level: 5 Points: 1,386, Level: 5 Points: 1,386, Level: 5
Re: Uncured tobacco questions

The potency thing sounds possible... but at the same time chemicals are added to most cigarettes anyway and I think they add more nicotine to "standardize" it and make the "Marlboro experience" the same every time.
I would say, no... it is not worth exploring... if interested in a stronger nicotine buzz, try Snus (a healthier version of american dip) I think it's an average of something like 3-5x nicotine delivery of a cigarette..

here's a little something on Snus...
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...highlight=snus
Old 13-07-2007, 15:16
Silver Member

Male from United States
GenaroXVIII is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1

Thanks. I have read some about snus and I may try it sometime. I'm not real into tobacco, but I do use it occasionally so I'll probably take the opportunity to leave it at that and not pursue more tobacco products.
Old 03-08-2007, 18:55

Male
thrackelsby is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1

I read something, somewhere about how native americans would smoke pure uncured tobacco in ceremonies, and pass out after as little as one cigarette...

Sounds pretty awesome to me, however this source could be just bullshit, who knows? You would prolly have to grow your own tobacco plant for smoking though. They have pretty flowers.
Old 03-08-2007, 19:08

Male
thrackelsby is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1

Alright, I just did some research. Native american tobacco is said to have been more potent, and was used in rituals, not commonly. Supposedly the NA's tobacco was so potent, they would sometimes pass out after one pipe of it. This tobacco was not passed back to europe, and only the mildest forms were turned into regular use tobacco. These too, were much stronger than what we use nowadays.

My question is, where could one get ones hands on these plants...
Old 01-09-2009, 00:38
Silver Member

Male from Portugal
DarkDead really adds to the discussion.DarkDead really adds to the discussion.DarkDead really adds to the discussion.DarkDead really adds to the discussion.DarkDead really adds to the discussion.DarkDead really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,103, Level: 5 Points: 1,103, Level: 5 Points: 1,103, Level: 5

Those reports are usually from the use of uncured Nicotiana rustica leaves.
Quote:
Another difference between these taxa is nicotine content. Dried leaves of N. rustica plants can contain up to 9% nicotine, whereas N. tabacum nicotine levels tend to range between 1% to 3% (Buchanan 1994: 35).
Font: Nicotiana sp.
Old 07-09-2009, 16:28
Silver Member

Male from Australia
Kada is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 118, Level: 1 Points: 118, Level: 1 Points: 118, Level: 1

fresh dried tobacco is FAR stronger almost every time. i have being using it for the last year and it really packs a kick, so much so i would not drive with it or do it at work (unless just a puff at a time). one huge puff from a fast dried tobacco leaf will get you dizzy and laying down, probably sick. keep going and you just get spinnier and sicker and black out. not really that fun to be honest, at least in my opinion. but it is real good for the nicotine kick and you dont need to smoke a lot of material, which is nicer on the lungs. green leaf even tastes good...to be honest aside from added flavours, im nto sure what the point of curing would even be unless peple wanted less nicotine in their leaves.

Quote:
I read something, somewhere about how native americans would smoke pure uncured tobacco in ceremonies, and pass out after as little as one cigarette...
to date i have never been able to come close to finishing a cigarette of fresh dried leaves....its really too strong. I'm sure the shamans who are trained and well versed in tobacco are able to get that far, maybe more, but not me!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Excellent information and report on uncured tobacco. Remember to user SWIM or similar.
Old 17-12-2009, 04:14

Male
morkii 666 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

SWIM has hes own tobacco plants and has plenty of sun dried leafs. would SWIMS leaves be stronger than ciggarete tobacco?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Your answer is just in the post above. Please be more careful and read everything you can before posting.
Old 27-07-2013, 10:37

29 y/o Male from USA - Texas
curious0ne is an unknown quantity at this point
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

I see that this is an old thread, but in stead of creating a new one that asks the same questions (responsible newbie here lol hopefully), I'll repeat one of the OPs questions in hope that there's an answer.

I know sources are off limits, but is there an actual market for uncured tobacco? I'm not asking for a source but simply a confirmation as to whether or not it's available *somewhere* to buy. If not, I'm guessing growing one's own is the most reliable way (assuming, of course, that I, as a grower, were reliable)?
Old 20-04-2014, 01:56

Male from United States
jackjohnson is an unknown quantity at this point
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I don't think there is a market for uncured tobacco, but growing your own is very very easy and as far as I can tell legal.

Share this on:

Tags
fresh tobacco, nicotiana rustica, nicotiana tabacum, tobacco, uncured tobacco