Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Heroin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 27-02-2013, 03:32

Male from United States
Alexander Supertramp should review received reputation comments.
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
New Town new People, How Would You Get Hooked Up ?

Im in a new town working for a while and dont know anybody and don't know the area. I was curious as to how some of you would go about getting a hook up if you were in my shoes. Not a good thing by the way.

Post Quality Evaluations:
source discussion and fishing for hookups is against the rules
I know you're new, but please take to time to UTFSE (use the forum search engine) to find your own answers. People have taken lots of time to write experiences.
Turned into a thread with good and useful information/discussion
Old 27-02-2013, 04:00
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

32 y/o Female from United States
Venusia probably knows what they are talking about.Venusia probably knows what they are talking about.Venusia probably knows what they are talking about.Venusia probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 834, Level: 4 Points: 834, Level: 4 Points: 834, Level: 4
Re: New Town new People, How Would You Get Hooked Up ?

It is tough to connect with new people in a new place for almost any reason. Just like how it takes time to build trust and connections, this too will require patience. I would NOT recommend trying to seek out anything with local people via the internet. It's so risky and is unwise...take it from a dumbass who once almost was sent to a Texas prison for a bag of weed. Not worth it...
Old 27-02-2013, 06:37

Male from United States

Ya I dont think I would attempt that, I'm leery enough just asking somebody I dont know. I know one dude who uses but I dont know him at all. Im trying to work up the courage to talk to him but don't even know what the hell to say. It would just be a chance run in since I see him every now and then. I feel like I'm trying to ask a girl out on a first date, LOL, minus the potential trip to jail. Im getting desperate though, im sure everybody knows what I mean.
Old 27-02-2013, 07:30

21 y/o Female from United States
Vanesserz72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

i'd say that if you know for sure that the guy uses then maybe you could just casually bring something up in conversation and then see how he reacts and then inquire further from there ect. i dont think it would be awkward, especially if you explained that you just moved there. maybe just wait until the next time you see him? other than that i'd say you could just wander around the seedy areas of town until something promising comes along, but make sure to be safe and aware of all your belongings and know you're getting what you ordered ect. good luck.
Old 27-02-2013, 07:34
Palladium Member

24 y/o Female from United States
runnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medline
Points: 4,036, Level: 9 Points: 4,036, Level: 9 Points: 4,036, Level: 9
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Please use the search engine before making a new thread. I spent 30 seconds searching and I found a few threads about how to score:

How to find the local scene
What to do when moving to a new area
Ways to find stuff
What to do when you lose your contact
Tips for an addict moving internationally
Protecting yourself from scams

We ask you to use the search engine because people spend a lot of time answering peoples questions and posts and they shouldn't have to do that each time someone asks the same question when their answer is still there from the last time. When you're in the heroin forum in the top right, right underneath the page numbers there's a link that says "search this forum." You want to click on that and then put in your search term like you would with google. I think I searched for "new area" "new town" "new city" "new contact" "new connection." You could try something like "how to find" or "new dealer" or something along those lines. This forum contains a ton of information, you just need to look a little bit for it.

Best of luck!

Exactly the threads I would have posted; thank you
For taking the time to dig up a number of references. This is also especially useful because this post will remain on top, and these older posts that are full of information will be brought back to light.
contains very helpful links
Exellent use of links, also an informative and open minded attitude to the OPs question.
super helpful, took the time to give a lotjof references
Old 28-02-2013, 07:37
Silver Member

30 y/o Male from Canada
dbeathead is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 122, Level: 1 Points: 122, Level: 1 Points: 122, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

kindof dodgey, but ive lost my contact number a couple times, most recently my guy passed away a few weeks ago, and the other night i kind of went out on a limb and got together with a craigslist hooker. my sex drive has been nil lately. and i think she was pretty stoked about that. i told her i just wanted to hang out and smoke a joint. we got talking and sure enough like 80 percent or more of sex workers she has an addiction, although to crack. but sure enough i came out of that with a phone number and a new hook up who seems to be pretty decent. not sure that would work for everyone but for someone like me who seems to have a thing for getting myself into fucked up weird situations it worked very nicely. really dont know where else i would have looked in this small town.
Old 28-02-2013, 12:14
Palladium Member

24 y/o Female from United States
runnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medline
Points: 4,036, Level: 9 Points: 4,036, Level: 9 Points: 4,036, Level: 9
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

I want to chime in as a former hooker and say that most of the girls you would find online would probably be very leery if you brought up drugs. The reason is that cops who are conducting stings will often times try to get the girl to bring drugs or get her to call someone to bring drugs etc. because then they can charge her with two crimes. It's like a 2 for 1 for them. The question of "is this girl a hooker?" is kind of hard to answer and often is based around hard to prove circumstantial evidence. But if the girl has drugs on her, well that's just one more piece of damning evidence making it all the more likely that she will be convicted. And the girl will be a lot less likely to fight the charge when she will probably be offered some type of deal where she pleads guilty to one or a few charges if the others are dropped.

The girls on the street will not usually be so careful and if you pick up a girl from the corner in my experience it's almost a guarantee that she's addicted to something. Just a word of advice about using hookers as hookups.

And lol, yes I bet she was ecstatic when you said you didn't want to do anything sexual. I always loved the guys that would go "what do you like" or "I want to please you." Oh great! Just leave the money and get out then. That would really please me.
Old 28-02-2013, 14:15

Male from United States
jackspa should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Go to an NA Meeting and listen. You can figure it out from there.

offensive comment on narcotics anonymous and sincere recovering addicts
totally inapproporiate advice, distrupting a recovery meeting to find drugs
very offensive advice, one should not try to disrupt others who are trying to get clean and their environment
horrible advice which is not appropriate for this thread or any others here on DF
Old 28-02-2013, 21:16

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackspa View Post
Thats a dam good idea !!

Alexander Supertramp added 2 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerupbeautyqueen View Post
I want to chime in as a former hooker and say that most of the girls you would find online would probably be very leery if you brought up drugs. The reason is that cops who are conducting stings will often times try to get the girl to bring drugs or get her to call someone to bring drugs etc. because then they can charge her with two crimes. It's like a 2 for 1 for them. The question of "is this girl a hooker?" is kind of hard to answer and often is based around hard to prove circumstantial evidence. But if the girl has drugs on her, well that's just one more piece of damning evidence making it all the more likely that she will be convicted. And the girl will be a lot less likely to fight the charge when she will probably be offered some type of deal where she pleads guilty to one or a few charges if the others are dropped.

The girls on the street will not usually be so careful and if you pick up a girl from the corner in my experience it's almost a guarantee that she's addicted to something. Just a word of advice about using hookers as hookups.

And lol, yes I bet she was ecstatic when you said you didn't want to do anything sexual. I always loved the guys that would go "what do you like" or "I want to please you." Oh great! Just leave the money and get out then. That would really please me.
I might be naive but if theres any prostitutes in this town, I will die of shock.

Last edited by Alexander Supertramp; 28-02-2013 at 21:16. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 28-02-2013, 21:38
Silver Member

Male from United States
BronxOil is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1

I believe the question was asked more in a sense of "Whats the best/ easiest way to go about asking new people for drugs" not necessarily "who and where exactly do i get drugs from." Id say take a good stroll obviously not in too shitty of a neighborhood. Firstly I feel that a pothead/heavy user of anything kind of has that "look" not necessarily "my life is in ruins because of drugs" but more like "im different than the majority of people" kind of look. See someone smoking a cig outside a store or something, ask for one cig start chatting, if u get a decent feel for the person just drop it real quick "hey u know where I can get some special smokes?" not too offensive.

I wouldnt say ur new in town unless asked, because that for most people says in their mind "i can get over on this person because a)they are not familiar with the grounds or b)any assistance for backup if a problem arises is far away" I dont think weed is too hard to find and id say thats a good starting point regarding worrying about who you ask/getting in trouble. Someone who can get/sells weed usually can get/sells other things. Weed is the gateway, open the doors. Haha. But seriously be careful and sharp.

Also if u know 100% that he uses just drop it on him like "dude can I ask u something" if he definitely uses then he'll understand.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:03
Silver Member

30 y/o Male from Canada
dbeathead is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 122, Level: 1 Points: 122, Level: 1 Points: 122, Level: 1

runnerupbeautyqueen.... youre definetly right that someone would be suspicious... especially in a busier place. i am a punk, somewhat obvious user, very obvious not cop kind of guy. but ive had this work out two different ways for me... the most recent time was awesome, pretty much paid (Price removed) for a phone number. which has turned out rock solid. other times, and i think likely how it would work out if not so lucky is that the sex worker contacted is only willing to be a middle man, in which case they are likely to skim off the top, or completely rip you off on top of whatever you agreed to give them.. so yes all in all its a desperate and pretty bad idea, but can also luck out real good if you have no other options of anyone to ask i think its better than random on the street.

Last edited by Smeg; 14-03-2013 at 14:39. Reason: Specific sum of money removed.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:21
Titanium Member

42 y/o Female from United States
Frmrjunkie probably knows what they are talking about.Frmrjunkie probably knows what they are talking about.Frmrjunkie probably knows what they are talking about.Frmrjunkie probably knows what they are talking about.Frmrjunkie probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 858, Level: 4 Points: 858, Level: 4 Points: 858, Level: 4

Sure...read the threads provided, above, in post #5 by RunnerUpBeautyQueen

Good luck & be safe
Old 03-03-2013, 23:45
R.I.P.

31 y/o Male from United States
dyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 8,663, Level: 13 Points: 8,663, Level: 13 Points: 8,663, Level: 13
Activity: 11.0% Activity: 11.0% Activity: 11.0%

Even though this has been discussed many times, I will just chime in real quick with a couple places that I PERSONALLY would start with, if I moved to a new place. Success of course all depends on being an experienced heroin addict who knows his shit, and knows how to act, and knows how not to get ripped off:

Homeless People: Find a homeless person in the ghetto (I'm assuming you would already know how to work this out so as not to get ripped off) - done.

Methadone Clinics: Hang around outside, inconspicuously (obviously), and have some kind of heroin-bullshit story that sounds legit, and offer to hook people up if they will take you to score.

Prostitutes: Find a prostitute - done.

White People in the Ghetto: Find obvious drug-addict looking white people in the ghetto. They will probably be wary, but you might be able to appeal to their greed.

Gas Stations in the Ghetto: Sometimes if you hang out at one long enough someone will come find you to sell you drugs, if you "look right."

Rehabs: There are those bullshit, like, ghetto-ass dirt cheap/free state or other rehabs that you can voluntarily go to, but that can't hold you and you can get released whenever you want. A couple years ago I went to one for 24 hours and left with a guy (offering to get him high) and in return ended up with an awesome dealer who I bought from for 3 years.

Shitty Dirt Cheap Extended Stay Motels: Crawling with drug addicts who you might be able to get something going with.

Girlfriend/Boyfriend: I have met girls through various means, including the internet, throughout my 20's, 3 of which who ended up as my girlfriend, and had the sources and scored for me.

Driving Around: Most major cities have some place that is known to be an open air drug market, which you can drive around with you window rolled down, and likely have someone flag you down. Risky though in terms of police, and/or getting robbed, and/or getting fake dope.

N/A Meetings: First of all, I am answering the topic question here which is "How Would You Get Hooked Up?", so don't shoot the messenger for saying his THEORETICAL OPINION. After the meetings a lot of people hang out and talk. I am NOT recommending to ask someone who you can tell is sober, and obviously there because they want to be. But if you can pick out the dudes rolling their eyes, with their arms folded across their chest, obviously counting the seconds for it to be over to get their Court-Mandated meeting attendance sheet signed - that might be a possibility. But this is probably the worst way to go about looking for a hookup.

Waitresses at Shittier-Type Restaurants: The vast majority of waitresses I've known or dated who worked at crappy restaurants were pot smokers and vicodin addicts, who could find harder drugs. Might be a possibility.

Miscellaneous Shitty Places: pawn shops, cash advance places, some small private cab companies have addict drivers, etc.

Once again, let me reiterate that these are just a list of things I have done, or would try, to score at new places. Some of them are pretty bad ideas, and only meant for if you are super desperate. And again, if you don't know how to "act" - or if you don't even understand what I mean when I say "if you don't know how to act" - just forget any of this.

"white people in the ghetto" classic
Old 04-03-2013, 04:18
Titanium Member

42 y/o Female from United States
Frmrjunkie probably knows what they are talking about.Frmrjunkie probably knows what they are talking about.Frmrjunkie probably knows what they are talking about.Frmrjunkie probably knows what they are talking about.Frmrjunkie probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 858, Level: 4 Points: 858, Level: 4 Points: 858, Level: 4

In that case...
Don't forget about your friendly, local needle exchange. Just be super cool about it here, same as methadone clinic as people do not want their source of clean rigs/foul orange juice screwed up.

Definitely need the right look & demeanor when looking for new sources. When I 1st started out, I damn near got killed cuz dude thought I was a cop. Wound up nearly naked, at gun point with a fucking serious "show me those tracks bitch!" Wasn't a fun moment :/ and since I had clients to deal with, at the time, I never shot up in my arms so my tracks were on abdomen, hips & pelvic areas.

Good luck - be careful - finding new sources can really be difficult!

Needle Exchange is a good addition - and experience w/ track marks along with the danger
Old 11-03-2013, 22:12

25 y/o Male from United States
206truth needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Man this guy isn't asking if its safe to do we all know its obvious how dangerous it is.. but my oppion to help would be paay attention I've met.people at corner stores just by pulling up and noticing rig caps or foil in their car or talk to people in bars or whereever u go

206truth added 3 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyingtomorrow View Post
Even though this has been discussed many times, I will just chime in real quick with a couple places that I PERSONALLY would start with, if I moved to a new place. Success of course all depends on being an experienced heroin addict who knows his shit, and knows how to act, and knows how not to get ripped off:

Homeless People: Find a homeless person in the ghetto (I'm assuming you would already know how to work this out so as not to get ripped off) - done.

Methadone Clinics: Hang around outside, inconspicuously (obviously), and have some kind of heroin-bullshit story that sounds legit, and offer to hook people up if they will take you to score.

Prostitutes: Find a prostitute - done.

White People in the Ghetto: Find obvious drug-addict looking white people in the ghetto. They will probably be wary, but you might be able to appeal to their greed.

Gas Stations in the Ghetto: Sometimes if you hang out at one long enough someone will come find you to sell you drugs, if you "look right."

Rehabs: There are those bullshit, like, ghetto-ass dirt cheap/free state or other rehabs that you can voluntarily go to, but that can't hold you and you can get released whenever you want. A couple years ago I went to one for 24 hours and left with a guy (offering to get him high) and in return ended up with an awesome dealer who I bought from for 3 years.

Shitty Dirt Cheap Extended Stay Motels: Crawling with drug addicts who you might be able to get something going with.

Girlfriend/Boyfriend: I have met girls through various means, including the internet, throughout my 20's, 3 of which who ended up as my girlfriend, and had the sources and scored for me.

Driving Around: Most major cities have some place that is known to be an open air drug market, which you can drive around with you window rolled down, and likely have someone flag you down. Risky though in terms of police, and/or getting robbed, and/or getting fake dope.

N/A Meetings: First of all, I am answering the topic question here which is "How Would You Get Hooked Up?", so don't shoot the messenger for saying his THEORETICAL OPINION. After the meetings a lot of people hang out and talk. I am NOT recommending to ask someone who you can tell is sober, and obviously there because they want to be. But if you can pick out the dudes rolling their eyes, with their arms folded across their chest, obviously counting the seconds for it to be over to get their Court-Mandated meeting attendance sheet signed - that might be a possibility. But this is probably the worst way to go about looking for a hookup.

Waitresses at Shittier-Type Restaurants: The vast majority of waitresses I've known or dated who worked at crappy restaurants were pot smokers and vicodin addicts, who could find harder drugs. Might be a possibility.

Miscellaneous Shitty Places: pawn shops, cash advance places, some small private cab companies have addict drivers, etc.

Once again, let me reiterate that these are just a list of things I have done, or would try, to score at new places. Some of them are pretty bad ideas, and only meant for if you are super desperate. And again, if you don't know how to "act" - or if you don't even understand what I mean when I say "if you don't know how to act" - just forget any of this.
I like the way you think!!! Very informative I think I learned an imma street king

please don't quote whole posts, it clutters up threads. Just address people by name

Last edited by 206truth; 11-03-2013 at 22:12. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 14-03-2013, 00:10
Titanium Member

20 y/o Female from United States
slightlyopiated is a decent psychonaut.slightlyopiated is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 126, Level: 1 Points: 126, Level: 1 Points: 126, Level: 1
Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackspa View Post
Seriously comments like this bother me... after mistakes of my own I see so many problems with this and why it is wrong... If one does not want to go to NA to get clean and recieve help then one should not go to NA at all. NA is not for one to get connects.... people do it but that doesn't mean it's right. NA is suppose to be a safe haven for recovering drug addicts and they shouldn't have to worry about someone asking them for drugs or where they can get them. Please find somewhere else to source and not your local NA meeting.

you make a very good point
Old 14-03-2013, 13:44
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
SpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline Medline
Points: 3,458, Level: 8 Points: 3,458, Level: 8 Points: 3,458, Level: 8
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

I am not a heroin user, but I am pretty damn good with walking onto foreign soil and getting high within a few days. That's my experience...

A sad one for the boys: go to a shitty strip joint. I am serious. You can see them up close, see their veins, and you can pay close attention to the details of a user. If I was a heroin user, I could have scored by doing that as I have seen those girls nodding between dances and their track marks up close (and boobs). A customer (you) with a little money comes in, throws a couple of bills, asks to "see her privately," and all you have to do is just throw out the notion of helping her out if she can help you out. It's a quick little "be frank" session. No one is going to get aggravated at that if you are there trying to help them. You probably will have to "help someone out" if you are truly going to see success in this method. This is a simple fact: no matter your method, you can't just ask and expect to get away scott free.

Just remember, some could be IV meth users, especially in my neck of the woods. Yet they probably know a girl that does heroin, and they wouldn't mind helping you out if you can help them out. Those women care about each other very deeply regardless of issues. They don't want them to suffer any more than they already are suffering. Don't get me wrong, they are suffering in more ways than we can count, but this whole game of life is "I scratch your back if you scratch mine." No one can fault you for supporting their career choice, helping their life choices be more easily pursued, and making sure they have a good buddy to get along with for the night. The rate of addiction in these types of circumstances, like with strippers, seems exponentially higher. I am sure it is even higher with prostitutes, but I'd prefer this method over them. Prostitutes can lead you into trouble, or they may be able to rip you off much easier (not to mention the legality factor and everything else involved in those folk). Strippers are sometimes just there to truly have the cash to support their habits while living a still seemingly normal life. I got a lapdance from a girl who had oxy issues that needed to support her young kid while she worked full time as a clerical worker. :| (Seriously, talk to a stripper... you learn a lot them... and can at least respect some...)

If you can help them out and be cordial, they are the least likely to scam you out and screw you over. They are just looking for money or the hit (or some hybrid thereof). Regardless, if you can supply both, they'll be your greatest buddy in the whole wide world. If you aren't an asshole or a man looking to take advantage of them, they will actually be a friend-friend outside of a connect and a stripper. And once again, I have no experience in shooting up, but I'd think it'd be a lot nicer to do so with a good looking girl than by myself. Another positive is that it is really easy to find a strip joint in the ghetto. You also can have "private access" with the person for a bit, which can result in private discussions of these things. She'll take her sweet time with you if it sounds like you can be more helpful than just paying for a lapdance. The best thing is that even if you failed to score, at least you had some fun.

I know this sounds crazy, but it is a novel idea that I came up with after seeing two dancers out of 12 that had very obvious tracks. They think that no one is noticing because of boobs... they're wrong. :P (I don't go to strip joints any more. It doesn't appeal to me.) And even then, at one of the nicer places, I became friends with one of them and smoked weed with her a few times. So it seriously does work. Take my advice on that mess.

Just make sure you go to a "not-so-good-side-of-town" strip joint. A lot of girls just drink and smoke weed in the fancier places. You'll be sorely disappointed to find a bunch of young girls with a need to make fast cash... you won't find a heroin user for the most part in the nicer joints...

Last edited by SpatialReason; 21-03-2013 at 13:32.
Old 20-03-2013, 14:52

29 y/o Female from United States
judi is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Find a strip joint very few girls don,t use one drug or another. If the don.t use H they can tell you who does lost of luck.
Old 20-03-2013, 18:45
Silver Member

20 y/o Female from United States
Sunshinexoxokissxoxo is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

For me it didn't take long. Go to school or community college, get a job, take classes, go to bars, clubs, NA and AA meetings and make friends, eventually some of them will do some type of substance and then you'll meet their friends and yadda yadda and when you meet a heroin user, you just know. If you don't know then I don't know ask around, most drug users are NOT judgemental. Then befriend them, ask them if they want to do it with you and you'll treat, since you just moved and you have no connections. Be honest, lots of people lie and humans do appreciate honesty- even if it's about drugs...and voila, connection and new friends. That's just how I did it. (I've moved over 7 times)

Suggesting someone vilolates an AA/NA meeting, after someone else was already yelled at for doing so? That's messed up. Respect people in recovery.
Very informative post especially from a new member. Gives multiple answers to the OPs question as well as personal experience.
Old 05-05-2013, 15:11
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from Australia
nev il-pinto is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

sorry to bring up a dead(ish) thread but i wanna add something

dont try to score around needle exchanges!!!! this is the kind of shit that gets clinics shut down. especially in the US, where (according to this forum) its so fucking hard to find clean fits, the last thing you'd want to be doing is red-lighting them by hanging around out the front and asking every person going in or out if they can get on

if someone asked me outside the exchange id tell them to fuck off and grow some brains. theres enough places you can go hunt up a score with out blowing up the local exchange

also why is everyone so down about asking people at NA but theres little problem with hunting outside the methadone clinic. as with the needle exchanges, this is the kind of shit that gets these places shut down

sorry if this seems a bit harsh but i honestly can't believe anyone who uses a needle exchange/methadone clinic would actually put their facility in danger by recommending someone try to score in front of it
Old 05-05-2013, 17:32

Male from United States
Sxmac should review received reputation comments.
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Ask a bum, go to a methadone clinic but don't just go asking for dope, go to the clinic n just strike up a conversation with somebody, act like your sick, most junkies are looking to score for somebody for the simple fact there gonna get something out of it

Not a good idea to suggest heroin users are all 'bums'.
Old 23-06-2013, 15:59
Silver Member

Female from United States
Anonmouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerupbeautyqueen View Post
Please use the search engine before making a new thread. I spent 30 seconds searching and I found a few threads about how to score:

How to find the local scene
What to do when moving to a new area
Ways to find stuff
What to do when you lose your contact
Tips for an addict moving internationally
Protecting yourself from scams

Best of luck!
I totally tried to give you positive rep, but how do you give green stars instead of yellow? Sorry!

off topic, please don't distrupt threads with forum use questions.
Old 23-06-2013, 18:20
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,859, Level: 21 Points: 21,859, Level: 21 Points: 21,859, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonmouse View Post
I totally tried to give you positive rep, but how do you give green stars instead of yellow? Sorry!
Please do not discuss rep, it is supposed to be anonymous as explained in the rules and you can end up getting negative rep for doing so.
You can only give out rep related to the amount you have received yourself, so when you start getting more rep you will be able to leave more.
Old 23-06-2013, 18:48
Palladium Member

40 y/o Female from England
source must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medline
Points: 5,099, Level: 10 Points: 5,099, Level: 10 Points: 5,099, Level: 10
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nev il-pinto View Post
sorry if this seems a bit harsh but i honestly can't believe anyone who uses a needle exchange/methadone clinic would actually put their facility in danger by recommending someone try to score in front of it
In an ideal world people would have set out places where you were guaranteed to score and not get arrested or frowned at, but unfortunately in the world we live in today people will try to score anywhere they can, it's inevitable.
Users are obviously discreet when trying to score in or around a needle exchange, it obviously wouldn't be a good idea to hold up a sign asking for junk right in front of the place, and I think the risk of being stopped by the police or anyone of the public would be enough of a put off to not make it obvious what you were doing anyway.
And it's just a sad fact that people use on top of their methadone script so the methadone clinic is again a place where there is a possibility to pick up.
Old 24-06-2013, 09:41
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Qualityplant really adds to the discussion.Qualityplant really adds to the discussion.Qualityplant really adds to the discussion.Qualityplant really adds to the discussion.Qualityplant really adds to the discussion.Qualityplant really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,074, Level: 5 Points: 1,074, Level: 5 Points: 1,074, Level: 5

Because this story has good infomation about how to hook yourself up in a new town including the dangers I don't feel bad about shamelessly plugging this blog post I wrote over a year ago.

I call the process of finding gear in a new town "Cold Scoring" hence the name of the post. I still think it's one of the best things I ever wrote.

http://confessionsofaheroinaddict.wo.../cold-scoring/

Absolute quality - that is definitely the way most of us score when we have no contacts. Thanks for posting
Raw and gripping story, it really puts one there, and reminds the reader of the many involved in such activity.

Share this on:

Tags
connection, cops, craigslist, heroin, hook up, how to score, prostitution