Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Concerta & Ritalin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Concerta & Ritalin About Methylphenidate.

Old 27-05-2013, 17:44

Female from United States
whatdoIdo is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Is it possible to overdose on first time? Is medical attention ABSOLUTELY necessary?

Okay so
I'm around 5ft 9in tall. And I think weigh around 190 pounds.
I DO have ADHD/Anxiety.
I had never taken Ritalin before last night/ this morning.
My intentions were to take it for the "high".
I took about 150mg...
Took 100mg around 12 am last night.
Took other 50mg around 4:30 am this morning.

It felt great for a while, but then my heart was pounding around 150/160 beats per min,& I was shaking really bad.
Now: There's a weird sensation @ the back of my neck/head. A kind of tingling/ache. (I've felt this before when I turned my head too fast one time.)
Also I am having a slight difficulty breathing/ talking. My heart/pulse isn't beating as hard but it is still sort of fast. And I feel nauseous.

Is this normal? Did I take too much for my first time? Should I seek medical attention?
Old 27-05-2013, 17:50
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from USA - Colorado
Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.
Points: 3,223, Level: 8 Points: 3,223, Level: 8 Points: 3,223, Level: 8
Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3%
Re: Is it possible to overdose on first time? Is medical attention ABSOLUTELY necessa

YES!! Go to the doctor!!!! And please make sure you are keeping yourself hydrated.
Old 27-05-2013, 17:52
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,134, Level: 20 Points: 19,134, Level: 20 Points: 19,134, Level: 20
Activity: 62.5% Activity: 62.5% Activity: 62.5%
Re: Is it possible to overdose on first time? Is medical attention ABSOLUTELY necessa

first off, Teh InterTubze is the LAST place to go in an emergency. this is not emergency services and it is rare to get fast responses like this.

Yes, first time, last time, it's always possible to OD, there's no magick circle of protection. Though usually when you OD, it is your last time taking a drug, if you catch my drift.

We're not medical professionals and can't tell you how bad things are. You probably should consider going to the ER if you're this freaked out.

Assuming you're an otherwise young and healthy person with no heart issues, this probably isn't going to be a "last time", that's not a terribly high dose, stimulants are pretty safe (though terribly uncomfortable) in large doses.

But I'm no doctor, I have no idea anything about your history, ad won't have your death on my hands, please consider seeking help.

p.s. you defintetly took WAY too much for a first time. 20mg should have been good, even 50mg. Re-dosing is never a good idea, taking 5-8 times a standard dose is asking for trouble.

Last edited by Potter; 27-05-2013 at 17:58.
Old 27-05-2013, 17:55
Palladium Member

Female from Earth
ex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 5,760, Level: 11 Points: 5,760, Level: 11 Points: 5,760, Level: 11
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdoIdo View Post
O
I took about 150mg...

Is this normal? Did I take too much for my first time? Should I seek medical attention?
No it's not normal. Your heart rate is not in normal range (normal is 60-100bpm). Your respiratory rate isn't in a normal range if you're huffing and puffing (normal range is 12-20 breaths per minute). I'm guessing your blood pressure is through the roof.

Rule of thumb when triaging patients is airways, breathing, circulation, disability. So your airway might still be in tact if you can talk, but your breathing and circulation are compromised. To be honest with you, 150mg of ritalin is a stupid amount to have ingested as a first timer and not only have you taken an overdose, but you just increased your risk of having a stroke.

Get to the hospital because only a doctor can make a judgement call for your health.

*Just to clarify for the non-pharmacologically minded massive, starting dose of ritalin is usually <20mg (Tiziani, 2010, pp. 714-715).

Source:

Tiziani, A. (2010). Havard's nursing guide to drugs (8th ed.). New South Wales, Australia: Elsevier.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Class A HArm Reduction post. As usual of course

Last edited by ex-junkie; 27-05-2013 at 18:02. Reason: Added italics just to be anal with the APA end-text reference. Sigh.
Old 27-05-2013, 18:52
Titanium Member

Male from Earth
al-k-mist really knows their shit.al-k-mist really knows their shit.al-k-mist really knows their shit.al-k-mist really knows their shit.al-k-mist really knows their shit.al-k-mist really knows their shit.al-k-mist really knows their shit.al-k-mist really knows their shit.al-k-mist really knows their shit.
Points: 1,828, Level: 6 Points: 1,828, Level: 6 Points: 1,828, Level: 6
Activity: 5.4% Activity: 5.4% Activity: 5.4%

they all said it. get REAL help, not internet forum help. they dont prosecute, normally, people who DO too much drugs, they may ask questions, you dont remember anything, but get some helps
however, the first time i did 'crank' back in the day, i snorted it, and od'ed, went into convulsions and woke up in an ambulance...didnt do it again. but you can definitely OD
Old 31-05-2013, 00:51
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.
Points: 1,249, Level: 5 Points: 1,249, Level: 5 Points: 1,249, Level: 5
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdoIdo View Post
Okay so

It felt great for a while, but then my heart was pounding around 150/160 beats per min,& I was shaking really bad.

First off, any updates?

Stimulants in general make anxiety worse but for some it helps..specifically social anxiety.

150MG is absolutely ridiculous, you need to do your homework before you just start popping pills like candy.

60MG is the maximum daily dose recommended (on the instant release type), that is 60MG for the entire day not just one dose.

If you're just trying to treat ADHD you need to cut way the hell back. If you're looking for recreational usage a decent first start should be about 40-60mg. This is assuming it is the instant release (Ritalin) not the extended release (Concerta).

If recreational, please control your usage because continued reckless dosing on a daily basis will lead to tolerance and the drug will lose its effects. Use sparingly and if you are the type that has an addictive personality or the type that has to be production king I would quit usage all together.

You can sometimes reduce the heart rate and blood pressure by doing a carotid sinus massage but this isn't totally risk free especially if you have a heart condition already. For future reference.

Quote:
Carotid Sinus Massage

Definition
Carotid sinus massage involves rubbing the large part of the arterial wall at the point where the common carotid artery, located in the neck, divides into its two main branches.

Purpose
Sinus, in this case, means an area in a blood vessel that is bigger than the rest of the vessel. This is a normal dilation of the vessel. Located in the neck just below the angle of the jaw, the carotid sinus sits above the point where the carotid artery divides into its two main branches. Rubbing the carotid sinus stimulates an area in the artery wall that contains nerve endings. These nerves respond to changes in blood pressure and are capable of slowing the heart rate. The response to this simple procedure often slows a rapid heart rate (for example, atrial flutter or atrial tachycardia) and can provide important diagnostic information to the physician.

Description
The patient will be asked to lie down, with the neck fully extended and the head turned away from the side being massaged. While watching an electrocardiogram monitor, the doctor will gently touch the carotid sinus. If there is no change in the heart rate on the monitor, the pressure is applied more firmly with a gentle rotating motion. After massaging one side of the neck, the massage will be repeated on the other side. Both sides of the neck are never massaged at the same time.

Risks
The physician must be sure there is no evidence of blockage in the carotid artery before performing the procedure. Massage in a blocked area might cause a clot to break loose and cause a stroke.

Normal results
Carotid sinus massage will slow the heart rate during episodes of atrial flutter, fibrillation, and some tachycardias. It has been known to stop the arrhythmia completely. If the procedure is being done to help diagnose angina pectoris, massaging the carotid sinus may make the discomfort go away.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Very interesting Dr DS. Good possible advice in a severe emergency where medical personnel may not be available

Last edited by DiabolicScheme; 31-05-2013 at 01:01.
Old 16-06-2013, 21:38
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
Gimpy is captain of the psychonauts.Gimpy is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 375, Level: 3 Points: 375, Level: 3 Points: 375, Level: 3
Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5%

You definitely took too much for your first time... How is that even a question?
Old 16-06-2013, 23:16
Titanium Member

31 y/o Male from USA - New Hampshire
I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.
Points: 2,485, Level: 7 Points: 2,485, Level: 7 Points: 2,485, Level: 7
Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpy View Post
You definitely took too much for your first time... How is that even a question?
Edit: For rude statement. My behavior was inexcusable made by myself that was completely out of line, offensive, and uncalled for. For this I very much apologize. However, kicking someone who is obviously very scared by questioning their question is a horrible thing to do and the post is close to a basic one-liner.!
Obviously this persons thought process and decision making skills may be impaired from intense stimulation, anxiety or both.

Secondly, to the OP. We would sure LOVE an update from you to let us know you are OK. And may I ask, what in the name of all who is fuckworthy and pure did you dose 150mg of Methl as first time dose.? Thats insane my friend. If someone else told you this was OK, de-friend this person at once.

Wholly sheep shit Batman.

Hope you are safe, Welcome to DF
JJ

Last edited by I_MISS_160s; 17-06-2013 at 18:09.

Share this on:

Tags
accidental overdose, add, adhd, antipsychotics, methylphenidat, methylphenidate, overdose, ritalin