Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Oxycodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 14-05-2013, 03:58

19 y/o Male from United States
g0dspeak should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Oxycodone Oral solution

Has anyone here ever Intravenously Injected the Oxycodone HCL oral solution? It's manufactured by Mallinckrodt.

I have access to a bunch of this, and I went ahead and IVed 1mL of it. Got the rush and high just as if I had banged a roxi 20. I know it was not the best idea, and potentially dangerous. But I don't think it's much worse than Injecting the pills.

If anyone has any information they can share about injecting the oxycodone oral solution, i'd appreciate it very much.
Old 14-05-2013, 07:22
On Hiatus

Male from United States
baZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,240, Level: 12 Points: 7,240, Level: 12 Points: 7,240, Level: 12
Activity: 21.8% Activity: 21.8% Activity: 21.8%
Re: Oxycodone Oral solution

I have not injected this because I don't IV, but I can still give you the information you're looking for.

I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you, but injecting this is a horrible move. If you search Google, you will surely find lots of posts on other websites claiming that it's mostly safe but this is absolutely false. (You'll also find a lot of posts confirming what a bad idea this is.) All oxycodone liquid solutions contain large amounts of sugar and other crazy things you do NOT want going directly into your veins. Seriously. And because it cannot be boiled down nor can anything really filtered out, this is a very rare instance that I would say is actually worse than injecting pills, providing you are using a good filter for any tablets you might inject. That's really about all there is to it.

All of the sugar and excess crap in the solution also means it's probably not much better to plug it, and it's certainly no better to try an IM/SC shot.

This is truly only suitable for oral use, assuming you're interested in remaining alive in the long run.

The only other thing I can think of besides oral use is to squirt some up your nose but... come on. Disgusting. Plus the sugar contained in the solution will still make a mess of your sinuses, it's just unlikely to be as immediately threatening as IVing this sickly sweet, syrupy goop.

Post Quality Evaluations:
the cold, hard truth that the OP needed to be told.
Old 14-05-2013, 16:22

Thanks for the helpful information. I woke up this morning so I guess I got lucky.

Last edited by Smeg; 14-05-2013 at 20:31. Reason: No need for the lengthy quote.
Old 14-05-2013, 16:34
On Hiatus

Male from United States
baZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond repute

Well look, I also don't want to be an alarmist, I didn't mean to suggest that it was going to kill you immediately (although I suppose it could). I simply meant that the extended injection of these kinds of ingredients could lead to serious complications including death, in which case it's not worth doing because you have no idea which time will be one too many.

Glad that you're okay. Stay safe.

PS- no need to quote whole posts, as it junks up the thread. Either just quote the relevant parts, address the poster by name, or in this case wherein I'm the only one who's replied, you don't really have to address anyone... because who else could you be replying to?
Old 14-05-2013, 16:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by baZING View Post
Glad that you're okay. Stay safe.

PS- no need to quote whole posts, as it junks up the thread. Either just quote the relevant parts, address the poster by name, or in this case wherein I'm the only one who's replied, you don't really have to address anyone... because who else could you be replying to?
Thank you very much. You've been very helpful.
Old 14-05-2013, 17:00
Titanium Member

31 y/o Male from USA - New Hampshire
I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.
Points: 2,489, Level: 7 Points: 2,489, Level: 7 Points: 2,489, Level: 7
Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1%

I would like to add to this by simplifying a bit...

A pill has tons of nasty fillers but the upside to them compared to the oral solution is that many of the binders are not water soluble like oxycodone is. This helps catch them non- liquid binders in your filtering system...

With the oral, every filler and taste and color etc goes right into the syringe, right into your body...

Now, I have done this only a handful effects with no immediate ill effects. Doesn't mean it won't effect me down the line...

So, we know how dangerous shooting pills is, shit just think how dangerous shooting the oral solution is..

I wonder if there is some kind of extraction method??

Sgtay Safe
JJ

Last edited by Smeg; 14-05-2013 at 20:34. Reason: Apparent typo.
Old 14-05-2013, 17:13
On Hiatus

Male from United States

I am quite certain that there is absolutely no way to extract APAP from liquid solutions containing both that and an opioid, at least not without getting into some pretty serious chemistry. (And even then I'm not sure, but chemistry is not my strong suit.) Based on that fact, I am also assuming there is no way to separate the inactive ingredients from liquid oxycodone, even those solutions that do not have APAP.

As mentioned, at least with pills you can filter out the binders and fillers that are insoluble in whatever you're dissolving the active ingredient. Obviously everything contained within an oral solution is roughly equally soluble in the same solvent as everything else.

Common sense additions to this thread. Thanks.
Old 14-05-2013, 17:20
Titanium Member

31 y/o Male from USA - New Hampshire
I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.
Points: 2,489, Level: 7 Points: 2,489, Level: 7 Points: 2,489, Level: 7
Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1%

Yah I was actually talking about the Instant release OxyCodone pills. And I would agree that an extraction method for the ORAL would be quite involved if at all possible..

I agree with you also about not seperating the oxycodone from the APAP in Percocet pills and such.

Either way, we all seem to agree the Oral Solution of OxyCodone is dangerous. Should just take orally since OxyCodone has around a 90% oral bio-availability.

Stay Safe
JJ
Old 14-05-2013, 20:15
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

Quote:
What are the ingredients in Oxycodone Hydrochloride Oral Solution?

Active ingredient: oxycodone hydrochloride
Inactive ingredients:anhydrous citric acid, FD&C red #40,glycerin, poloxamer 188, purified
water, raspberry flavor, sodiumbenzoate and sorbitol solution.
You can do your own research as to whether or not it's safe to inject that stuff into your blood stream (hint: it's not!).

This is similar to injecting liquid methadone, the stuff is full of flavoring and preservatives. There's just no safe way to inject this stuff.

A one off thing probably won't hurt you but I certainly wouldn't make a habit of shooting this stuff.

for including ingredient list
The "hint" says a great deal about safety. Candid and highlighting risks.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf OxycodoneHCLOralSolution201194s000lbl.pdf (100.0 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Moving Pictures; 14-05-2013 at 20:16. Reason: blah
Old 14-05-2013, 20:29

Thanks guys. I did it 4 times last night with no bad side effects - but that is the last time I am doing it. I am glad that I am alright and now I know better. thanks all.
Old 29-05-2013, 18:32
Titanium Member

51 y/o Male from United Kingdom
AGV10 is captain of the psychonauts.AGV10 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 200, Level: 2 Points: 200, Level: 2 Points: 200, Level: 2
Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6%

You don't say if you are injecting so-called normal Oxy solution (which is clear - no color to it), or if you are injecting concentrate - which has a gold to orange tinge to the solution color(?).

I use approx 1 bottle of concentrate per week, which is 10mg of Oxy in 1ml of solution (each bottle holds 120ml, or 1200mg of Oxy in solution), and sometimes as much as 2 bottles per week. I have on occassion IV'd this, but other than for a very fast "hit" or "buzz" I found little to no benefit from doing so - the stuff just metabolizes out of your system so much faster than when taken orally.

One of the unique characteristics to taking Oxy orally is it's ability to avoid first pass metabolism, versus say, taking morphine (sulphate) orally. In taking MS orally you will experience as much as 2/3rds of the dose you take been lost by way of first pass metabolism, whereas by contrast Oxy taken orally, you might loose as much as 25% at most, but more typically around 15% - 20%.

Another way of putting this: while there are advantages to IV'ing MS, there is little benefit in IV'ing Oxy as the bio-avalibility remains much the same as when taken orally.

That all aside, IV'ing liquid Oxy is for sure going to be safer than IV'ing crushed and filtered tabs - at least from a vascular damage perspective, as you are injecting a liquid. There is nothing in the make up of either normal Oxy solution, or the concentrate, from what I can establish which is going to precipitate out of solution in either your veins, liver or kidneys - so you are okay on that score, but from a long term toxicology perspective ......... mmmmmm, I'm not at all sure one way or the other.

Share this on:

Tags
oxycodone