Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug testing discussion
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug testing discussion What can you do against drug testing & more...

Old 27-05-2013, 19:12

43 y/o Female from United States
Texas Nexis is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%
Question: Drug Test/MRO

Hey everybody I'm hoping someone can tell me about how long it takes for an MRO (medical review officer) to contact a donor after the donor's drug test comes up positive? 2 days, 4 days, a week, 2 weeks? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 27-05-2013, 19:44
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from USA - Colorado
Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.
Points: 3,223, Level: 8 Points: 3,223, Level: 8 Points: 3,223, Level: 8
Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3%
Re: Question: Drug Test/MRO

I was called about a week later but I don't know if there is a specific time frame they go by.
Old 27-05-2013, 20:33
Silver Member

42 y/o Male from United States
Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.
Points: 1,228, Level: 5 Points: 1,228, Level: 5 Points: 1,228, Level: 5
Activity: 14.5% Activity: 14.5% Activity: 14.5%

As soon as the MRO certifies a positive test, they will attempt to make contact with the donor. Depending on the reason and who done the test, the time frames vary. Once contact has been made he/she will ask some questions to ascertain if there is a valid reason for the positive test. If his final decision is drug use, your employer will be contacted that same day. If you are employed in a safety sensitive position, you can no longer work in that position. And most likely will have to be evaluated my an accredited SAP(substance abuse and prevention) officer, then follow his recommendations before you can ever return to that position with any employer.

That's just a touch of what could happen. If you would not mind giving a little more info I might be able to be more particular as to what might happen. Need to know why the test was given and Type of employement/job. You can message me if you want.

Is there a reason why you may fail? if you were to fail and feel that you shouldn't have. There is a 72 hr window to request that your sample be retested.
Old 27-05-2013, 21:48

Thanks for answering my drug test question. I don't do any drugs per se but I do take Kratom daily to help with my autoimmune disease. I've been through a thorough background check and offered a job contingent upon passing a 10 panel drug test. I've been reading where some people have come up positive for methadone on their preliminary drug screen but then negative on the GC/MS test. I was kinda hoping they had a time window to make contact so I can stop freaking out til the person handling my hire gets back from vacation (he's the only one they will talk to about my results). It should come up clean--i don't even take OTC meds nor do I drink alcohol. I'be never had to take a drug test before so don't know what to expect. I won't ever be eligible for another job with this agency if I come up positive. Any help or peace of mind would be greatly appreciated.
Old 28-05-2013, 00:10
Silver Member

42 y/o Male from United States
Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.
Points: 1,228, Level: 5 Points: 1,228, Level: 5 Points: 1,228, Level: 5
Activity: 14.5% Activity: 14.5% Activity: 14.5%

Sorry, it's taken me a while to respond, it's a busy day. I'm not familiar with Kratom, so I can only state opinion. If GC/MS confirms neg, then you should be ok. As any test that returns a positive using the 10 panel, will have to be confirmed by GC/MS. Normally less than a week from donation to confirmation.

I will try to send you some info when I get back in tonight. If you have any particular questions I may be able to help you. But in general I believe you will be safe
Old 30-05-2013, 00:09

All safe I passed. Thanks for answering.

Share this on: