Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Buprenorphine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 16-05-2011, 22:58
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United Kingdom
Excalibur needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Can Ibogaine/Iboga be used to get off Subutex

Swim was thinking of using Iboga-Ibogain to rid Swim's Buprenorphine-Subutex dependency.

Is there any Cat out there who has used Ibogaine-Iboga for long acting opiates? if so how was their experiences? did any Swim need boosters? how was their protocol? Swim has been on Subutex for 6 years now. Currently Swim is on 0.9mg. Not doing too bad as Swim does regular-Excercise and has family support around him.

Swim also has no other worries-issues-problems in life so hopefully this puts Swim in good stead. Swim had a 5 year on and off heroin dependency before Subutex, Swim doesnt have a long history with opiates or any benzos or anything, other then heroin, but Swim has not touched heroin since Swim has been on Subutex-Buprenorphine...Swim just wants to do Iboga-Ibogaine to get Swim through withdrawals and PAWS..

Swim has been told bup withdrawals & PAWS are different to short-acting-opiate withdrawals-PAWS, hence of why Ibogaine-Iboga might not do anything, is there any truth here?

Swim was told to switch to a short-acting-opiate before Iboga-Ibogaine. Swim wants to ask why is this the case? does a Short-Acting-Opiate really make a difference if Swim has been on Bup for 6 years? is it to loosen Receptors? or merely just to hold a person for a month until Sub comes out from their system before Iboga-Ibogaine?

Swim says thank you for any information, experience and advice.
Old 16-09-2011, 08:07

36 y/o Male from United States
dingleberries should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Can Ibogaine/Iboga be used to get off Subutex

yes it can treat you! Andyou can do it right at home if you can get the iboga/ibogine hcl! All you need to dois instead of sub in the morning take a total alkiloid extract about oh 1-2grams worth. you wont go nuts tripping balls or anything. you will just notice the world is clearer and you are not in withdrawl! I would do this twice a week for 14 days. before I took my ibogaine hcl boost @ about 18-25mg/kg so if you weigh 82kg then your hcl dose will be 1.5-2050mg or roughly 2 gms you WILL be bogggled after this for up to 48 hours! dont leave the house hide your keys. AND... ALWAYS HAVE A SOBER SITTER TO MONITOR YOU! MAKE SURE THEY KNOW WHAT TO DO JUST IN CASE! I will be my brothers caregiver first and once he recovers hr will care for me through it all. soboxone is a tough one. this will work but the chances of PAWS kicking in not less than 3 monthsafter treatment are incredibly high. to get around this, just get a large amount of the root bark powder and gelcap it all up. take 2-4 of these a day for as long as you can. even that small amount will make you feel great. I would do this for 2months after full blown boost treatment.
I think at that point you should be able to do a rapid taper off the R.B.Powder pills in a week. down to none. An you should feel better than you have your whole life. IF...AT THAT POINT... YOU SUDDENLY GO INTO
POST ACUTE WITHDRAWL SYMPTOMS... DON'T PANIC you should be smart and get enough stuff firstoff so you have some of everything at hand. then just give yourself a second boost dose followed by the rootpowder capules. and you should be fine again. I have been on 4-6mg of suboxone a day for well over 4 years now. sucks you should taper down to 1mg before attempting treatment. it could take a few years of administering this iboga stuff to REALLY get you out of suboxone. Like I said it a real toughone. to make it easy on yourself by getting back on street drugs for a month before you try to use this treatment. BUT after an experience I had last night I do not thinks you need to go thrugh that! you could just replace the bupe with the total extract powder in gelcaps. if you took enoughthe first few days you would feel fine i know it. then just do enough of them to get you by feeling ok for about 2-3 weeks, then your booster and on to the matenence powder pills. taper those and see what happens. IF you need a second treatment then just DO IT. and for years after all of this I woulb be taking rootbakrpowder 300mg pills 2 a day like just another vitimin supplement. whats wrong with that? but I know it can be argued that in that case you have just replaced the sobo with Ibo! SO what!this stuff makes you into the person you want to be! and id mugh rather take a few rootbark pills then some mystery reckett&bekinsser synthetic opioid every day! BUT if you still did not feel right about it then slowly taper off the iboga powder pills (which by the way im sure is far easier on you and your body than trying to ween off of suboxone or subutex! so what do you have to lose? just go for it! Isorta did last night and I relized A LOT OF THINGS just read my post about last nights jurney todat at noon will be the 48hr mark for me and NO WITHDRAWLS! crazy isint it! THE POWERS THAT BE DO NOT WANT PEOPLE FINDING THIS OUT they want everyone standing in line at the clinic or driving an hour away to get the doc. script of sobo each month! if they had a cure it would not make them any money! read up on what happened to me here.
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167895

I am going to start stockpiling this shit man!!
before it gets even tougher to get!!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Goes against treatment protocols with simply switching one for other, dangerous advice, need to be off short acting opiates for at least 12 hrs before treatment
Old 14-10-2011, 05:42

37 y/o Male from United States
viator should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

nice... now can you come up w/ something for my lab-cat who has been on 24mg/day of subutex for the past 7 years? the only thing i thought of was switching to shorter-acting opiate for 15-20 days before ibogaine administration. -V

A very valid statement about the longevity of long acting opiates/opioids in relation to ibogaine treatment.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:34
Titanium Member

36 y/o Female from Australia
lease25 really adds to the discussion.lease25 really adds to the discussion.lease25 really adds to the discussion.lease25 really adds to the discussion.lease25 really adds to the discussion.lease25 really adds to the discussion.lease25 really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,051, Level: 5 Points: 1,051, Level: 5 Points: 1,051, Level: 5
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Dingleberries this is terrible advice and very irresponsible. Going straight from Suboxone to iboga or ibogaine goes against all treatment protocols. All the research I have read and guidelines on clinics state you need to switch to short acting opiates or methadone first. My friend poppy was on Suboxone and had to switch to methadone before treatment. All the post initial treatment iboga you are suggesting people take is to deal with the Suboxone withdrawal and sounds pretty expensive. I do advocate boosters but not to clear something that should have been cleared before treatment.

Anyone considering taking iboga needs to do their research. You should also get your heart and liver checked.

I noticed you said you used oxy's 2 weeks after your treatment. Why was that? Did you have delayed withdrawals?

Last edited by lease25; 11-11-2011 at 08:41. Reason: More to add
Old 01-10-2012, 19:05
Silver Member

Male from United States
Jiminy Cricket is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

I flew to S. Africa for Ibogaine treatment to help me get off a 24mg a day Subutex dependancy.

I was told I would be just fine, but my experiences was very rough.
It had no effect on the withdrawals, and later I heard from other sources that indeed Buprenoprhine has been found to be the least responsive to ibogaine treatment, even worse than methadone which heard is also not the best for ibogaine treatment but is still far better than trying to come straight off Subutex/suboxone via ibogaine. MY ADVICE is do not even bother doing ibogaine treatment if you are coming off buprenorphine (as I found out the HARD WAY).

The best option is to FIRST switch over from buprenorphine to a natural opiates like oxycodone/oxycontin or heroin or even morphine....ANY NATURAL OPIATE based narcotic like those, and stay on those for AT LEAST an entire month just to ensure that you get rid of all buprenorphine symptoms & withdrawals...basically cleaning it out of your system thoroughly first!

The weird thing about buprenorphine is that even when I was once trying to substitute it with plenty of Oxycodone or Percocet 10 tablets, popping MORE THAN enough each day to stay comfortable......

yet I could STILL feel the buprenorphine withdrawals behind the oxycodone high, and yet it didnt bother me. It felt as if it was BEHIND my oxycodone high. I guess its because buprenorphine works in a different way than normal opiates. The withdrawals also last longer than any other opioid narcotic I've heard of.
Ibogaine + buprenorphine = NO BENEFIT for withdrawals what so ever.

Important and well expressed post regarding safe options, as well as pointing out the subjective clinginess of buprenorphine.
Excellent info that deserves alot of rep, thanks for sharing.

Last edited by Smeg; 25-05-2013 at 01:03. Reason: Paragraphing and spacing for ease of reading.
Old 25-05-2013, 00:49

Male from United Kingdom
Excalibur needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Anybody else recently done Iboga to get off suboxone or subutex? is it true you have to stop subs for 3 months in order to do Iboga? is it possible to do Iboga when on a very low dose of subs?
Old 26-05-2013, 05:03
Banned

28 y/o Male from France
Millie Platt probably knows what they are talking about.Millie Platt probably knows what they are talking about.Millie Platt probably knows what they are talking about.Millie Platt probably knows what they are talking about.Millie Platt probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 746, Level: 4 Points: 746, Level: 4 Points: 746, Level: 4
Activity: 28.4% Activity: 28.4% Activity: 28.4%

i'd love to give this a shot, it's just a means of obtaining it that's the problem (no i'm not asking for a 'hook up' or anything, australia's just a bitch of a country).

slightly off topic, idk, but i'm thinking about using shrooms to help me with the subs. our season has just started here and it lasts about 3 months so i shouldn't have any problem getting them. i'm also considering LSD as i have a pretty reliable connection for it.

have you considered these as possible alternatives?

i'm actually very interested in the role psychedelics can play in opiate detox and addiction in general, so i'll be kinda experimenting on myself. i'll try to report back my experiences if i think they're worthy of further discussion.
Old 16-11-2013, 06:04

34 y/o Female from United States
Iboganaut is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Swim has been an opiot addict for 12 years . I had 4 years on Methadone then i went back to pills, then over a year on Subutex. I was told by the ibogaine provider that subutex/ suboxone is the only opiot that you have to quit for atleast 3 months. Swim took short acting opiots and kratom for 3 months, then swim did the ibogaine had NO opiot withdrawal, but it is very exhausting experience and not one you would want to do again. But swim ia now sober and in a drug outpatient program. The ibogaine allowed swim the opportunity to be clean as ibogaine brings you back to a pre-addictive state. But you dont forget and it is hard to all of a sudden be opiot free. It can be very uncomfortable. But SWIM felt that thee Sub waa turning her into an emotionalist robot and a slave to the drug companies.

Iboganaut added 1293 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

I am sorry i jut found out about using SWIM and i do not know how to erace the post i will not use th a t phrase again.

Please do not use SWIM http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197306

Last edited by Iboganaut; 16-11-2013 at 06:04. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
buprenex, buprenorphine, drugs, heroin, ibogaine, opiates, opioid, opioid addiction, opioid dependency, paws, taper, temgesic, withdrawals